PDA

View Full Version : Question: Body or Face?

Linda Mooney
July 14th, 2010, 12:41 PM
One of the Red Rose Publishing authors has an interesting question posted on her blog (http://carolyngregg.blogspot.com/). She noticed that the majority of erotic covers featuring male torsos also neglect to have the face of the man. She wondered if it was because the guy was ugly, or because the face didn't matter.

She then asks, if you were given the choice, would you take a man if he had a drop-dead body but was butt ugly in the face? Or would you choose the handsome dude with the rail-thin, wimpy bod?

Me, I'd pick the bod. FunnyTongueSmilie

NancyHenderson
July 14th, 2010, 03:45 PM
I personally like the cut off face above the jawline. That way you can picture your own personal hero as your reading! ;)

Linda Mooney
July 14th, 2010, 03:53 PM
I'm with you! But if you had the choice between great bod/homely face or gorgeous face/puny bod, which would you choose?

yadkny
July 14th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Good question. I've thought about this too. I have found more often than not when a book features the guys face, I don't like it. Can't there just be some combination of both. I would take the 'body' guy over the 'face' guy.smilies/barbell.gif
If he is really homely looking then we could always go get some work done for that. Kinda like what they did on that swan show (if anyone has ever seen that). But then again, I guess you could do the same thing for someone with a nice face and a wimpy bod. They just need to work out (if need be maybe get some pec implants), so now I'm confused.:dunno:
For book purposes, just leave off the face :)