4 tsp. baking powder
3 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup shortening
1 egg
2/3 cup of milk
1 tbsp. honey

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Combine flour, powder, sugar, and salt. Cut in shortening until the mixture is coarse crumbs. Then add egg, milk, and honey. Mix well.

Turn onto a floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll out to 1/2 inch thickness. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheet for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.

AngelaSteed
November 17th, 2007, 08:30 AM
No matter how many times I've tried to make biscuits from scratch, and no matter how many recipes I've tried, they always turn out hard on the outside.

:arghhhh:

Dani
November 18th, 2007, 02:04 AM
Thanks Karenne! I love to try new recipies and this one sounds great, but do we need to cut the out after rolling them out or what?

I have a recipe for Mayonnaise Biscuits. Now before you say ewww, they are actually good! We make then all the time and everyone loves them after they try them. It goes as follows for 1 dozen:

2 cups self rising flour
1 cup milk
4 Tbsp of mayonnaise

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Mix all the ingredents together (if it's too dry add a little more milk or if it's too moist add a little more flour). Spray the cupcake/biscuit pan with Pam or any cooking spray and spoon the mixture into each compartment (for lack of a better word...LOL). It should go about half way up the sides. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

They really are yummy and I think I'm going to make some tomorrow now that I've made myself hungry for them. :lol:

CharmedGirl
November 18th, 2007, 02:11 AM
I love cooking biscuits. I tried Cappuccino Cheesecake the other day at a coffee shop and I so want a recipe for it now. LOL

Can't wait to try this biscuit recipe. Thanks Karenne!