PDA

View Full Version : Blueberries

Karenne
June 5th, 2007, 01:24 PM
(dancing around in excitement) I have my first blueberry on my plants!

Yes, I planted blue berries again this year. Last year all 4 of them died (glares at the dead plants) But this year, my two plants are doing great and yes...I have one..ONE..blue berry!

:swoon:

maura
June 6th, 2007, 10:23 AM
I love blueberries, they actually grow wild near my parent's house as well as blackberries. My sister has a patch too at her house, but we have the climate for them. Watch out for the birdies, they just love to eat all your berries and decorate your yard furniture with the results. Maribeth has a sort of net type thing that keeps them out.

Enjoy your berries. Our local strawberry festival is this weekend, Strawberrry Shortcake YUMMMMMMM

(dancing around in excitement) I have my first blueberry on my plants!

Yes, I planted blue berries again this year. Last year all 4 of them died (glares at the dead plants) But this year, my two plants are doing great and yes...I have one..ONE..blue berry!

:swoon:

Jennifer
September 8th, 2007, 11:49 AM
On our property, we bought it 2 years ago, we found out that there must have been a blueberry farm or something here. All of the little bushes do EXCELLENT and always have sweet, little blue blueberries.

Now my big bushes are a different story. They get huge, huge berries, but as they turn a bright green, something happens to them and they die before they turn blue. Any ideas/advice? This affects all of my bushes that are large, and even though they look healthy, this still happens.

Karenne
September 8th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Sounds like your plant needs some food. There are several different kinds out there and you have to be very careful when you put it down.

I use the liquid only, but follow the instructions and in about a season you should have good harvest!

Jennifer
September 9th, 2007, 08:17 PM
I'll have to check into that. I have never had blueberry plants before because I remember hearing they are so hard raise and pretty picky about soil conditions. I was so disappointed our first summer here with these ones!

Karenne
September 10th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Well you can pick up a soil kit to take home at your local nursery. Just tell them what is happening. They can get you the right one and they probably know what is missing in your area.

let me know!!DiscoDancingCarrots

Linda L Lattimer
October 6th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Hi Karenne, how are the blueberries doing, still good???

Linda