I love the cover! :tt2:

Illyria
June 5th, 2007, 06:38 PM
I love the cover! :tt2:

Me, too.. would love it even more if I had it in my hands :lol:

KeriArthur
June 6th, 2007, 12:01 AM
well, enter the contest, and you just might win the book :lol:

details in the lobby area! (waiting for book 5 thread)

Illyria
June 6th, 2007, 12:07 AM
well, enter the contest, and you just might win the book :lol:

details in the lobby area! (waiting for book 5 thread)

YAY!!! Thank you, Keri!! You're the best!!

DavidsGirl841444
June 6th, 2007, 09:54 AM
You really want that book bad don't you Illyria?

Illyria
June 6th, 2007, 11:26 AM
But of course, :lol:

Karenne
June 9th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Happy Birthday Illyria! I am having Quinn shipped to you!:roflmao:

Illyria
June 9th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Happy Birthday Illyria! I am having Quinn shipped to you!:roflmao:

Thank you!! :notworthy:

Dani
June 10th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Hey now! I think other Quinn fans are going to have a fit over you sending him out Karenne. LOL I have to admit I'm just slightly jealous now. Illyria, wanna share him for a bit...ya know...take turns? :biggrin: I promise I'll send him back.

Getting to the topic of this thread. I really like the cover of this book, but I like the cover of all of Keri's books. Who picks what the cover will look like anyway, Keri? Do you have any say in it at all, or does someone else choose and they show you the finished look?

Karenne
June 10th, 2007, 02:18 PM
ohh..good question.

I have another one Keri...why do you have 2 covers for each book? I have always wondered that and ...now I am askin!:yes:

Illyria
June 10th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Hey now! I think other Quinn fans are going to have a fit over you sending him out Karenne. LOL I have to admit I'm just slightly jealous now. Illyria, wanna share him for a bit...ya know...take turns? :biggrin: I promise I'll send him back.

lol! I'll send your way after this weekend is over with, cause of my birthday weekend, :lol:

KeriArthur
June 10th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Who picks what the cover will look like anyway, Keri? Do you have any say in it at all, or does someone else choose and they show you the finished look?

I get no say in the covers. They just show the completed product and I get to say whether I liked them or not. I've been lucky so far--all my covers have been brilliant--but if I ever hated a cover, I'd say so. Not sure it would make much difference, though :lol:

did you ever see the original covers for tempting evil, and dangerous games? I'll dig them up and post them

KeriArthur
June 10th, 2007, 07:03 PM
...why do you have 2 covers for each book? I have always wondered that and ...now I am askin!:yes:

because they're different publishers, and each publisher has their own artists and house style. Piatkus in the UK bought the english-speaking rights (non-US rights) from bantam, and they designed covers that they thought would do better in their market.

KeriArthur
June 10th, 2007, 08:02 PM
the original covers for Tempting Evil and Dangerous Games :turned:

http://www.keriarthur.com/images/TemptingEvilsml.jpg

http://www.keriarthur.com/images/DangerousGamessml.jpg

http://www.keriarthur.com/images/dangerousgamessml.jpg

Karenne
June 10th, 2007, 08:48 PM
ohhhh! Thank you Keri! I did want to know!

I like the top cover, but I think I like the new ones...just a tad better. What do ya'll think?:balloon:

DavidsGirl841444
June 11th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Illyria it was your birthday hey Happy Birthday hope it was a great one.
Yeah the covers alwasy look really good and that is a good question of who picks the covers cause whoever does , is really good at their job.

christinac
June 11th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Happy belated Birthday! I know we haven't spoke b/c I am new, but I thought I would wish you one just the same!! :happybday:

Karenne
June 11th, 2007, 03:58 PM
ohhhh...the new girl (points to christinac) brought cake!

:P:

christinac
June 11th, 2007, 04:02 PM
:) Thought I'd be nice and bring something since I'm the new girl.
(passing pieces of cake to everyone)

Illyria
June 11th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Illyria it was your birthday hey Happy Birthday hope it was a great one.

yeah it was, hehe! Thanks!! :notworthy:

Happy belated Birthday! I know we haven't spoke b/c I am new, but I thought I would wish you one just the same!! :happybday:

Thank you! and welcome to CTR!! :notworthy:

Dani
June 11th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Keri, the book covers a great, both the origionals and the ones that went into print.

Illyria, excuse my rudeness for not wishing you a happy birthday before (Kinda outta my head before). Hope you had fun with Quinn!! LOL He's been sent my way right? :roflmao:

Welcome aboard Christina. Hope you like it here like we do! :clap:

Illyria
June 11th, 2007, 09:35 PM
yeah, Quinn should already be on your doorstep, lol!!!

KeriArthur
June 12th, 2007, 01:23 AM
Hey, happy belated birthday, Illyria! Hope it was a good one

:happybday:

Illyria
June 12th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Thank you, Keri. It was. :notworthy:

Dani
June 14th, 2007, 08:11 PM
yeah, Quinn should already be on your doorstep, lol!!!
He made it. I just forgot to mention it earlier because I was, well, never mind...LOL.

Karenne
June 15th, 2007, 12:00 AM
(blinks several times) Been busy?

Forgot about us?

Washing your hair?

:roflmao:

DavidsGirl841444
June 15th, 2007, 09:38 AM
I bet washing your hair.....

Dani
June 16th, 2007, 12:16 AM
(blinks several times) Been busy?

Forgot about us?

Washing your hair?

:roflmao:
Yep, VERY busy, but no I didn't forget about y'all. I just got side tracked that's all...LOL!

I bet washing your hair.....
Yes, yes, washing my hair, that's it...I was washing my hair...LOL

MiaBama
June 16th, 2007, 04:19 PM
oooooooooooh I love the original cover for Tempting Evil!:notworthy:

Dani
June 21st, 2007, 06:12 PM
I can't wait for this book! It's driving me nuts. When's it coming out again? I've heard too many conflicting dates (and 2 different dates count as too many...LOL). I hope we find out soon who won the ARC contest too. I'm dying to know.

KeriArthur
June 21st, 2007, 10:36 PM
I put this in the news on Riley thread, but might as well announce it here too....

I just drew the winners of the Embraced by Darkness ARC, and they are......(drum roll)......

Illyria and Kim (not sure of her last name, but she's from Mane Massage)

congrats ladies!

Karenne
June 22nd, 2007, 12:22 AM
Thanks again Keri for such a wonderful prize!

:yes:

christinac
June 22nd, 2007, 08:19 AM
I put this in the news on Riley thread, but might as well announce it here too....

I just drew the winners of the Embraced by Darkness ARC, and they are......(drum roll)......

Illyria and Kim (not sure of her last name, but she's from Mane Massage)

congrats ladies!

Congrats, Illyria!
:notworthy: :notworthy:

DavidsGirl841444
June 22nd, 2007, 08:22 AM
We are all happy about it.

Dani
June 22nd, 2007, 10:13 PM
And we know that Illyria will enjoy it completely!

Illyria
June 22nd, 2007, 11:56 PM
aww!!! thank you guys!! :notworthy:

KeriArthur
June 23rd, 2007, 07:07 PM
I just got my first review for embraced by darkness from night owl romance :) It says, in part:

Embraced by Darkness was a great continuation of the Riley Jenson Guardian Novel series and Iím looking forward to the next installment. Each book in the series has been unique and Iíve enjoyed all of the characters that Iíve met along the way. Each book has been thrilling, suspenseful, and outside the box. Embraced by Darkness is another Keri Arthur installment that blew away my expectations. Ms. Arthur continues to get better and better and I canít wait to see what she has in store for us next.

Pretty cool, huh? :clap:
you can read the full review here (http://www.nightowlromance.com/nightowlromance/reviews/Review.asp?ReviewId=350)

Dani
June 23rd, 2007, 07:17 PM
That is so awsome Keri! Congradulations on the wonderful review. :notworthy:

Illyria
June 23rd, 2007, 07:34 PM
WOW!! That's wonderful, Keri!!! :notworthy:

Karenne
June 23rd, 2007, 08:59 PM
That is a wonderful and well written review! And you deserve it...the book is awesome!

Congrats Keri!:winkiss:

Dani
June 24th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Embraced by Darkness is due out on July 31st or so Barnes & Nobles says on their website. Just though I'd post it since I was wondering the exact date and probably others were too.

DavidsGirl841444
June 24th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Oh my god way to go Keri major props to you and that review is just more praise to a very talented and wonderful writer like yourself. Let's give it up to Keri.

christinac
June 25th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Oh my god way to go Keri major props to you and that review is just more praise to a very talented and wonderful writer like yourself. Let's give it up to Keri.

Yeah! Go Keri, It's ya birthday! Go Keri It's ya birthday!

(Christina dancing around)
Congrats Keri, u are the best!

DavidsGirl841444
June 25th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Can I join the dance. *Wee we are swinging.*

Illyria
June 25th, 2007, 12:58 PM
:tt2: there's a party going on in here, :lol:

DavidsGirl841444
June 25th, 2007, 02:36 PM
YEAH ONE OF THOSE RILEY CLUB PARTIES *DON'T i WISH*

Illyria
June 25th, 2007, 02:45 PM
:wazzapp: lol!! i am sure when the book is released there will be a party going on here, :lol:

Dani
June 25th, 2007, 05:22 PM
No doubt that there will be a party.

I wish it was one of those kind of parties like at the Blue Moon. :whoohoo: would I be happy! I'd be having fun to boot. Hehehehe!

DavidsGirl841444
June 25th, 2007, 05:25 PM
No doubt that there will be a party.

I wish it was one of those kind of parties like at the Blue Moon. :whoohoo: would I be happy! I'd be having fun to boot. Hehehehe!

Party like the blue moon whoa!!!!!:arghhhh: Sign me up for that kind of shin dig, I mean rave cause come on we all would go in and they would lose us in the crowd. I want to be buried in bodies of guys.:lol:

Dani
June 25th, 2007, 05:47 PM
You and me both girlie! Hot bods all around just waiting to be touched, stroked, rubbed and oh my... I'm going to my little fantasy world now. I'll be back shortly. LMAO!

Illyria
June 25th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Just like Irish to tease us like that and leave us hanging, :lol:

Dani
June 25th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Isn't that what most authors do to us when they give excerpts of their stories. I'm going with that mentality...Yep that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :lol: The discription sounded good though. If I hadn't of wrote it I'd be interested to find out more. LMAO!

Illyria
June 25th, 2007, 07:34 PM
:lol: you know i just love messing with you, Irish.

Dani
June 25th, 2007, 10:11 PM
I know! That's what makes this forum so much fun. ;)

DavidsGirl841444
June 25th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Irish oh my god your just awesome I like the description you make it sound hot. Please if its like that then sign me up.

Dani
June 25th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Sure thing girlie! Anytime there's a party like that you're definately on the guest list.

christinac
June 26th, 2007, 07:51 AM
Sure thing girlie! Anytime there's a party like that you're definately on the guest list.

Me too, Me too. I wouldn't want to miss that for the world!!
:tt2: God I would be in heaven!
Still dancing around
( I think I'm getting dizzy!)

Dani
June 26th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Sure thing Christina! We'd all be in heaven. Just don't get too dizzy dancing around like that. You won't have energy left to dance with the guys. Hehehehe.

christinac
June 26th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Sure thing Christina! We'd all be in heaven. Just don't get too dizzy dancing around like that. You won't have energy left to dance with the guys. Hehehehe.

I believe me I will find the strength!
I will survive!
How much longer for the book!
I think I'm getting stressed, I can do this!

(slowing down from dancing so i can get a cup of coffee)

Thanks guys ya'll are one in a million!

DavidsGirl841444
June 26th, 2007, 01:01 PM
We think you are one a million also. I willhave the stregnth.

Dani
June 26th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Davidsgirl is right again Christina, you are one in a million too! The book will be out on July 31st, or so www.BarnesandNobles.com (http://www.BarnesandNobles.com) said.

DavidsGirl841444
June 26th, 2007, 03:36 PM
I hope they are rightbecause I don't think I can take much more waiting.

Dani
June 26th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Me neither! I'm dying here, but with my idea of finding our favorite scenes/discriptions in the books, I'll have my mind occupied. At least for a little while.

KeriArthur
June 26th, 2007, 05:47 PM
thanks for the congrats on the review, ladies! :yes:

DavidsGirl841444
June 26th, 2007, 07:05 PM
your welcome

Dani
June 26th, 2007, 07:40 PM
You are most very welcome Keri!

christinac
June 27th, 2007, 02:51 PM
I started reading the whole series over to keep me occupied.
I didn't get a chance to look up my favorite scene b/c I have
a sick boyfriend at home, so I will try to look it up tonight.

I can't wait!!
(Telling herself in the head yes I can, yes I can) (wink)

Dani
June 27th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Awww, poor baby (your boyfriend that is). Just keep him warm, fed and sexed up and he'll be fine. LMAO!

Just remember that it can be any scene from any book. Remember to put it under the proper thread from the book you got it from. And just because one of us posted under one book already doesn't mean that you can't post from the same one. Who knows, you might find a different scene that's much more appealing than the one that's there!

Have fun!! :lol:

DavidsGirl841444
June 27th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Ohhhh sexed up Irishwolf what a naughty girl. But she is right keep him healthy and well by any means necessary have fun keeping him well.;)

Dani
June 28th, 2007, 12:22 AM
:shifty: I'm actually going to keep my mouth shut about being called a naughty girl. It's a change from what I was called in school. I was more straight-laced then. All I will say is with age comes the emergance of a hussy! :devil:

Karenne
June 28th, 2007, 06:11 AM
snicker...that is because with age comes wisdom....and flexibility:whistling:

DavidsGirl841444
June 28th, 2007, 06:43 AM
flexibilty how so?

Karenne
June 28th, 2007, 07:12 AM
use your imagination!! :whistling:

christinac
June 28th, 2007, 08:26 AM
use your imagination!! :whistling:

Oh wow, Guys! I love ya'll, everybody is awesome in their own unique way!
:punk:
rock on!

Dani
June 28th, 2007, 09:51 AM
snicker...that is because with age comes wisdom....and flexibility:whistling:
:notworthy: I totally agree with this, but I've always been flexible. :tt2: We love you too Christina!

christinac
June 28th, 2007, 11:58 AM
:notworthy: I totally agree with this, but I've always been flexible. :tt2: We love you too Christina!

The older I get I fell like I'm less flexible, but I think I would
do anything for Quinn!

:lol:

DavidsGirl841444
June 29th, 2007, 12:04 AM
For Quinn anything is possible to be done. And flexiable well yeah I do notice that the older I get the more flexible I want ot be for certain activities. FUN!!!!

Dani
June 29th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Just do a lot of stretching and you'll get flexible! :lol:

DavidsGirl841444
June 30th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Oh thanks but are these words from experience?....=P

Dani
June 30th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Yep! I was always stretching, so I was very limber for being overweight all my life. I used to do acrobatics and ballet, so I knew how to stretch properly. You just have to take your time and it will work out. LOL I know what you ment by that comment though. Hahahaha! Also, when you get older you lose you inhibitions to certain things and learn to just go for it. :roflmao:

DavidsGirl841444
July 1st, 2007, 10:55 AM
Really I feel as if I am still to shy to try things out. But you guys are right all the time so take your word for it since my guys is visiting now so yeah. Ohhh I want the book now I don't think I can wait another 30m days.

Dani
July 1st, 2007, 11:57 AM
I never said that I wasn't still shy about things. You just get comfortable enough with your partner to try new things. It all comes together in time. You'll see. Have fun with your man visiting.

As for not being able to wait for the new book...I can't either, but we'll make it. Have faith.

christinac
July 2nd, 2007, 08:23 AM
Yep! I was always stretching, so I was very limber for being overweight all my life. I used to do acrobatics and ballet, so I knew how to stretch properly. You just have to take your time and it will work out. LOL I know what you ment by that comment though. Hahahaha! Also, when you get older you lose you inhibitions to certain things and learn to just go for it. :roflmao:

Yeah, I use to be a cheerleader so I was pretty flexible, but once I stopped b/c I messed up my knee I didn't stretch that much and now I can't do a split if my life depended on it. :lol:

DavidsGirl841444
July 2nd, 2007, 10:10 PM
Chica doing a split not all its cracked up to be. Plus we wouldn't want you to mess up your knee at all. Take care of yourself plus other things you can do, to have just as much fun.

christinac
July 3rd, 2007, 09:45 AM
Chica doing a split not all its cracked up to be. Plus we wouldn't want you to mess up your knee at all. Take care of yourself plus other things you can do, to have just as much fun.

So very true! :notworthy:

DavidsGirl841444
July 5th, 2007, 07:36 AM
I bet Riley and all those directorate cats are all flexiable.

christinac
July 5th, 2007, 09:40 AM
I bet Riley and all those directorate cats are all flexiable.

You got that right!:lol:

Dani
July 5th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Of course they are. They'd have to be to do their jobs. Well trained in the art of fighting too.

DavidsGirl841444
July 6th, 2007, 03:41 PM
well theres that. But killing without remorseseems a bit harsh I think.But to defend your people and yourself I guess anything is possible.

Karenne
July 6th, 2007, 05:40 PM
OH yeah...I bet that is probably hard to incorporate into a character as you are developing them.

I have often wondered (and seen people fail at) how a writer can make the killing necessary without making the character ....work.

Does that make sense?

Dani
July 6th, 2007, 11:41 PM
Question is, how can you not make a character believable without at least one or two death scenes in the story for character development? At least in the paranormal line of books anyway. I mean, you've got vamps, weres and shifters of all sorts that can do some major damage and unless you can pull character development off without having them kill someone, well more power to ya, but there is always that element of death where the some characters are concerned. There is always something that has to happen to make the story progress. Does that make sense?

DavidsGirl841444
July 7th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Believe me sometimes it is the desicion of killing that is the plot wether to kill or not become a bad guy or do what is necessary and kill for defense and revenge. So do you like killing or hurting does it make you bad? Does it make you the person you are? Those are the questons that make a character in those situations. Thats what I think.

barbarella
July 9th, 2007, 06:59 AM
I agree that the decision to kill is an interesting dilema for Riley in these books. I think that the internal conflict that she has makes her a much more 3 dimensional character and more likable for it . It is made especially interesting because of the wolf side of her make up and its instinctive desire to kill when threatened. There is a primeval animal side to us all and so on some level we can all relate to Riley in this way.

OMG where did that come from ? Must have been something good in my coffee :-)

DavidsGirl841444
July 9th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Whatever it is share the wealth of the coffee. But yeah on the primal animal in us all. The part that can kill when threatened , hot rage, revenge. We all can do that and it doesn't need a wolf to do it. But the wolf pushes that even more to the top.

Dani
July 9th, 2007, 05:44 PM
We can all agree with Riley's feelings. When we feel threatened we go into the fight or flight mode and will do what we can to protect ourselves and our loved ones.

christinac
July 10th, 2007, 07:58 AM
We can all agree with Riley's feelings. When we feel threatened we go into the fight or flight mode and will do what we can to protect ourselves and our loved ones.

Amen, sister!:notworthy:

DavidsGirl841444
July 12th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Yes to that Irish wolf, to protect ourselevs and our people. I don't want to sound evil and all but I would also do it for revenge I mean can't hurt my people without getting hurt.

Dani
July 12th, 2007, 11:29 PM
Ladies, if you didn't know the excerpt for chapter 1 is up on Keri's website! It wasn't there the last time I looked, so I'm not sure when she posted it and I don't remember anyone telling us that it was up. I'm so excited that it's posted!! :biggrin:

Karenne, can I cut and paste it to here or do you want the honor of doing it (since you've do it with the last 4 books...LOL)?

Karenne
July 12th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Yep! Done! I started a new thread.

WOOHOO!::)

Dani
July 12th, 2007, 11:58 PM
YAY!!!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy:

Karenne
July 13th, 2007, 12:00 AM
you are so easy .....:censored:

TO PLEASE

Dani
July 13th, 2007, 12:26 AM
Yep! Easy like Sunday mornin'. No more :censored: ...I can't tell if you're being mean...:lol: Just kidding! I know you wouldn't be mean to me. :turned:

christinac
July 13th, 2007, 08:13 AM
Yep! Easy like Sunday mornin'. No more :censored: ...I can't tell if you're being mean...:lol: Just kidding! I know you wouldn't be mean to me. :turned:

Already checked out the excerpt, read and can't wait counting down the days!

Dani
July 13th, 2007, 12:17 PM
You and me both Christina! 18 more days and it will be out. *thinking I will make it with out a problem*

If anyone reads the Harry Potter books, the final one will be out in a week. Hopefully it will help me not to lose control until Embraced by Darkness comes out.

christinac
July 13th, 2007, 01:17 PM
You and me both Christina! 18 more days and it will be out. *thinking I will make it with out a problem*

If anyone reads the Harry Potter books, the final one will be out in a week. Hopefully it will help me not to lose control until Embraced by Darkness comes out.

I'm reading Safe Harbor right now to try to stay calm.
:lol:

Dani
July 13th, 2007, 08:31 PM
I'm going to be reading Aline de Chevigny's book The Prophecy (available from Forbidden Publications...yeah a plug for Aline cause she's great :) ). I just won it in her contest on the CTR Forums. Her other book that I read and loved is called Luck of the Irish. Check her out if you'd like she has her own forum here at CTR. :turned:

Karenne
July 14th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Congrats on winning! Awesome for you!

Dani
July 14th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Thank you Karenne! :flowers: I've got to print it out so I can get to reading it, but with it being busy here since I got it, I haven't had time yet. I need a :sorcerer: here to help somedays. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
July 15th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Aline de Chevigny's will go see if I can check out her books at the store or somewhere. I mean other then Keri's I am still on Laurel K hamiltons books which seem to faze me but I breaking thru. So keeping busy. You need a what Irish? I think it looks lie a wizard.

Dani
July 15th, 2007, 12:22 AM
That's what it is...A wizard (it says sorcerer in the smilies). Aline's books are e-books. You can get them in PDF format. Check out her forum here http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=209 (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=209). She's really nice.

Illyria
July 16th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Congratulations Dani!!!

Dani
July 16th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Thanks Anya! :biggrin: I was shocked and excited to win. She's a great lady and an awsome writer! :notworthy:

Illyria
July 17th, 2007, 07:43 AM
Very happy for you, Dani!!

DavidsGirl841444
July 17th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Cheers to you you do deserve that and much more happy for you.

Dani
July 17th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Thank you Davidsgirl! :biggrin: