PDA

View Full Version : And yet, another unlisted hobbie: HIKING

JH_BogrŠn
June 5th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Thinking of the hobbies Iíve listed so far, music, movies, coin collections; they all seem rather passive, ainít it? I mean, you seat most the times to do those things. :unsure:

So hereís one of my other hobbies (I can have more than one, canít I? ), and this one is more active:

:gun_bandana: HIKING! :tt2:

Yeah, and donít mean just a walk around the block either. Living in a tropical area, San Pedro Sula is actually in the center of a large Valley. The surrounding mountains are still virgin territory, (thought to self: should I say ďvirginĒ knowing so many erotic writers and readers participate on this forum?)
I started taking trips up those mountains with the Boy Scouts, some times we even camped there for a few days.
It makes you feel so alive, specially during that first hour when your heart is pumping so much you think youíd imminently quit, then after your body gets used to the pace, your heart goes back to normal and you enjoy the refreshing breezes and you donít feel tired at all, thinking you can walk all day.
It is one of the best things I like to do with the family. Not far from where I live, thereís a retreat called ďCusucoĒ, they offer treks of 1, 2 and 4 hours around the mountain. They take you to special places where you can even find endangered species like the Quetzal. It is absolutely wonderful.

Tara S Nichols
June 5th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Hiking is a hobby and one I love!! Did I mention I love it?
My man, his brother and I go hiking with their family just outside of yellowstone near the bear tooth pass every fall and once we hiked up Mount Adams. Beautiful. But, I also love to hike here in Canada on the canadian shield. we have gorgeous forests and trails.
-Tara

Ciara Gold
June 5th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Oh wow, Your place sounds lovely, J. H. I used to hike when I was younger. Mostly when we went camping with girl scouts. I gave up my troop three years ago when my daughter didn't want to be in any longer. I miss camping, hiking and just being outdoors. Yeah. I sit way too much. Might have to plan a summer outing.

We also used to be avid sailors. We still go out on the sunfish occasionally. Too fun.:)

Kissa Starling
June 25th, 2007, 06:11 PM
I love to hike. All day hikes are the longest I've gone so far but I love being outside and close to nature.