PDA

View Full Version : Read any outstanding paranormals lately?

Regina
June 19th, 2006, 04:53 PM
As I mentioned I just finished Megan's Mark by Lora Leigh recently, but I've also been reading the series by Susan Kearney from Tor, The Challenge, The Dare, and the Ultimatum, and I heard The Quest the next one is out. They are all really good so far. I especially liked The Dare about a computer who falls in love with a man and grows herself a body so she can be with him. Not exactly paranormal, more like futuristic, but it was good and has paranormal elements.

Caffey
June 28th, 2006, 02:10 AM
This book was out about a year ago but its first in a tradional regency trilogy by Debbie Raleigh, called My Lord Vampire. When I read this, I wanted to find more regency and historical vampire romance. Highly recommended. With the above, I recommend Susan Squires Vampire regencies. The recent one is called The Burning.

If you're not into historicals, other vampire romances (oh I love others which I will love to come back and talk about, such as werewolf, dream lovers, etc), would be MaryJanice Davidson's UNDEAD series with Becky in them. I love to laugh with those. Too a series thats kind of on the opposite extreme, meaning serious and more darker would be the first in Beyond The Pale by Savannah Russe.

On a last note, see Kimberly Raye's site, she has a vampire series coming out soon. I love her NASCAR romance books.

Cathie

Regina
July 7th, 2006, 06:10 PM
I think I read My Lord Vampire too, sounds familiar anyway. I used to read historicals all the time, but the last year or so, I've been sticking with contemporary, futuristic and scifi, fantasy romance. I'm pretty eclectic with my reading tastes, my favorites of course are books with paranormal elements. Haven't read the Undead series by Davidson, but I've heard it's really funny!

I'm going to check out Kimberly Rae and Savannah Russe though they sound good. LOL I'm always up to trying out new authors.

Has anyone read Linnea Sinclair? She is another one of my all time favorites. She's always put in the hardcore science fiction section at the book stores but she's scifi romance. Really really good. I also like Evangeline Anderson, just got done reading the arc for a book coming out in November called Take Two, and it was really good! If you like scifi, paranormal romance this one is fantastic!

Caffey
July 12th, 2006, 01:26 AM
I have Linnea Sinclair's books on my wishlist. I have her very first book, which I think is first in the series, WINTERTIDE. Is that one you'd recommend that is a strong romance in it of hers. I do read books in series in order.
Yes I've read a few of Evangelin Anderson's and looking forward to TAKE TWO!
I too love reading a variety but not too much contemps. May sound weird, but I read so many woman fiction, I think its called, and light or no romance, that with contemp and romance suspense, the romance has to be a big part of the story. Just my preference right now so I get picky with that sometimes.
With historical I can read any sensuality!
I'm too on a paranormal binge lately. Just finished up a few ebooks, UNDER A ROGUE MOON by Vivian Dean and MAGIC IN THE BLOOD by Silvia Violet. Both were great!

Regina
July 25th, 2006, 07:00 PM
I have all of Linnea's books except the one you mentioned. Haven't read Wintertide, but I want to. I think Wintertide is a stand alone, I think. I could be wrong though. The next one of her scifi's is supposed to be a sequel Gabriel's Ghost which I loved! Just finished e-books Hero by Rayne Forrest, and Eye of the Beholder by Sara Dennis. One of my all time favorites now though which I just finished yesterday is a romantic suspense called No Ordinary Love by Karen Wiesner. Wow! That book had me up all night wondering how it was going to end and if it was going to have a happy ending. Not paranormal per se, but really good none the less. Both Hero and Eye of the Beholder are paranormal though.

cheri323
May 2nd, 2007, 09:24 PM
I am reading the Darkyn series by Lynn Viehl and really enjoying it. It's kind of dark but has a lot of funny dialogue which I love.

Karenne
May 3rd, 2007, 02:54 PM
Well, I don't know if the technically 'classify' this book as a paranormal..but I do!

This book came out on Tuesday and I finished it in the wee hours of Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. It is another keeper!

BUT if you want to read it ...I would suggest that you start at the beginning of the series so that you can read all of the 6 books PRIOR to this one.

hmph..now I have to wait another year to get book number 8 ....whimper whimper:nah:

jennzilla
May 3rd, 2007, 05:11 PM
I hate you Karenne

Hmm, the best ones I've read lately are Lori Handeland's Moon Series. I know she calls them the Night Creatures well, whatever, they all got Moon in the title..

M.O.O.N. that spells damn skippy good books for me. Hurry up July!!
:tt2:

Karenne
May 3rd, 2007, 09:52 PM
:tt2: this tongue is to you Jenn!

:rolleyes:

syrenity
September 20th, 2008, 01:43 PM
gee hope it is okay to reply here over a year later..but the title is what drew my eye, so here goes.
Books I have read lately and devoured: JR Ward's Brotherhood of the Dagger. Ohhh such strong characters and such draw! The Immortals series penned by Joy Nash, Jennifer Ashley and Robin T Popp. The stories capture your attention, and amazingly, even though the series is written by 3 authors, it ties in very tightly together. Also, Susan Sizemore's Prime books are so good! They draw you in and leave you panting for more! I just got an advance copy of Lori Handeland's "Any Given Doomsday" that is next on the to read list. I long for a place to go and find great lists of books that are just waiting to be read! LOL

hollie
September 20th, 2008, 03:58 PM
the only one of them i have read are the JR Wards but I love adding to my wish list Laugh it Up fuzball

Crystal-Rain Love
September 20th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Playing With Fire by Gena Showalter
Also, her Lords Of The Underworld series is awesome. The 1st three books are out.
Ms. Showalter blends together the perfect amounts of fantasy, action, romance, sensuality, and hilarity. If you like humor thrown into fast-paced action-packed paranormal stories you will adore her.

For not-so-recently-published books, I also recommend:
Maggie Shayne's Wings In The Night series
Keri Arthur's Circle Trilogy
Keri Arthur's Nikki & Michael series

rgraham666
September 20th, 2008, 08:03 PM
I've been really enjoying The Dresden Files (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Harry+Dresden&x=0&y=0).

Wonderful stories that can be funny, thrilling, a little romantic and outright terrifying by turns. Wonderful world building.