PDA

View Full Version : Zinna by Kira Chase

Nicole Gestalt
June 7th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Very rarely do I find a book that can move me to tears and make me feel stronger because of having read it, but Zinna is one of them. If you haven't read it do so because its so beautifully written. its about a woman who leaves the love of her life to make a life for them, but to do so she needs to start from the begining. My female partner live in the states and i'm an artist so for me this mirrored parts of my life, which is one of the reasons I found it so moving. Although it's a f/f book its much more then that and is one I would actually recommend to people who aren't sure about the genre (there isn't any full on f/f scenes as its more a tale of how the relationship fares with them being apart from one another)

I know i'm going on a bit but honestly this is an amazing book!

Karenne
June 9th, 2007, 01:20 AM
Here is a little teaser for those of you who need a little bit more information on the book that Nicole (wink) recommended.

http://www.angelfire.com/nj3/KiraChase/ZINNA.jpg

She slowly removed her clothes, then stepped into the shower, savoring the hot water cascading over her body. She lathered some soap in her hand, and then reached behind herself to her back. Her hand stopped suddenly as she remembered the times Megan would pop in on her in the middle of her shower and gently and tenderly wash her back. She blinked back hot tears. God I miss you, Megan. She swallowed the lump in her throat. She needed to hear that sweet voice again, but if she called her then all her resolve would go down the tubes and she’d rush home to Megan’s waiting arms. If she did, what would she have proved? Only that she was a failure. She had to do this. She’d find no peace until she did.

"Dammit," she sputtered as the water poured down her face, washing the tears down the drain, "I love you Megan O’Neil, but I have to do this for me—for us." She hadn’t been fair to leave the way she had, but she’d talked about it for so long that Megan had to know she was serious about it. If she’d stayed in Rochester she would have only been miserable, and that would have entered into their otherwise perfect relationship. Once she fulfilled her quest, Megan would come to her. She had to. Maybe none of it made any sense, only to her; or maybe it didn’t make that much sense to her anymore. However, she’d grown too restless in Rochester. She needed to express herself. She’d always need Megan. No matter what happened, her love for Megan would never diminish. It would be as fresh as the first time they found each other in their innocence, realizing their bond with one another; a bond that only grew stronger throughout the years. Now she had to depend on that bond to see them through this.