PDA

View Full Version : To Romance Readers

Linda Mooney
August 22nd, 2010, 01:55 PM
Do you actually go back and re-read a book you've decided to keep?

Why keep it? Is it because by simply looking back at it, or leafing through it, you recall a particular emotion that made you decide to make it a permanent part of your collection?

mizztara71
August 24th, 2010, 05:52 PM
I frequently re-read books on my keeper shelf. I have even worn out some of them and had to replace them. There are just some stories and characters that I love to revisit from time to time. I also tend to re-read books that are part of a series that I enjoy especially when there is a large gap between publishing dates. I like to have the stories fresh in my mind before I move ahead in the series.

Cara Bristol
August 24th, 2010, 09:14 PM
I keep books that are my favorites or that move me in some way. I usually don't re-read them, although occasionally I do. I have a few that I loved so much I've read them 4-5 times. Occasionally I'll give a book away and then years later buy it again so I can re-read it. That just happened recently!

If I'd rate a book from 1 - 5 stars, I only keep the 4-5 stars. In a few years, if I pick up a book and can't remember what it's about, I will give it away. The really good ones hang with you forever.