PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed and Frustrated

adesray
August 23rd, 2010, 06:05 AM
I just finished reading a book by Julie Garwood and I have to say I was disappointed. It was a good book. Loved the characters and enjoyed the story. The problem: Head hopping! I couldn't believe it.

A couple of months ago I submitted a partial manuscript and it was returned for this very reason. I knew that I had read books similar to my how and I was not mistaken. I am happy to say I was allowed to fix the point of view issues (unfortunately I was rejected for another reason, which I believe is now fixed as well). But, I digress, the editor of the publishing company told me the point of view issues was because I was a new author!!!! That is obviously not the case.

As anyone else seen this in their reading of experienced authors?

Dominique_Eastwick
August 25th, 2010, 12:55 AM
I always tell any aspiring Writer the same thing. Its unfortunate but we have a much stricter set of rules then the established authors, we can't head hop, POV is a definite killer with publishers. Eventhough I know well established authors do it. Keep you chin up, keep submitting and keep writing.. :)

Jennifer Shirk
August 25th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Yeah, I've seen in it in a few Harlequin authors and Nora Roberts too. I personally don't care for it either--although I don't mind it when Nora does it! LOL

Don't sweat it. Conform to the rules so that you'll not just get published but so that more people will enjoy your writing. Cheerleader

rlbayne
January 21st, 2011, 05:39 PM
I see it in lot more of the well known authors' older titles. Drives me nuts too.