PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Wild Animal?

Char
March 31st, 2006, 12:37 PM
Ok everyone... if you could keep a different type of pet... one a little out of the norm. What would it be???

Would you be another Siegfreid and Roy and go with the big cats? Or would you monkey around with a chimp or a marmoset?

How about a cervel or a cougar?

Or maybe some of the birds of prey?

What animal would you take home with you????

Char

jennzilla
April 2nd, 2006, 01:41 AM
I suppose, if it wouldn't eat me, I'd like a pet tiger. They are beautiful. I don't know why I love them so much, but I do. Second to them is the panther. They're native to Lousiana, so, I've seen them in the wild, not a calm time for all, I tell ya. Those dark coats combined with the glowing eyes are scary to say the least. But I'm a Panther, yep, graduated from Marion High School, home of the Panthers. LOL

Karenne
April 19th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Hmmm...I think a wolf! I love wolves.

Psst..Jenn..if you had a pet tiger..it would eat YOU! :D

maura
April 19th, 2006, 02:53 PM
I am partial to lions and wolves. Yep a Leo who likes big dogs!!!

Linda L Lattimer
May 31st, 2006, 06:03 PM
I would have to say a wolf, too, of course huge bears are exciting, but a wolf has such mysterious eyes, at times especially when the moon if full and there is a mist out at night, oh, yes a wolf, indeed

hugs Linda :)

Ashley Ladd
June 13th, 2006, 01:36 PM
I'm definitely a cat person, so it would be a tiger. I have a tiger in my first book, Tigers Play, with New Concepts Publishing.

They're such beautiful animals.

Ashley
www.ashleyladd.com

DLayers
May 22nd, 2007, 03:04 AM
Well I recently put my Timber Wolf, Willow Poco Lobo down. She and I met the day she was born when my friend called me and asked me if I would care to have a wolf pup, that the mother rejected. Willow was the runt of the litter. I took the challenge, and through bottles feedings, and training and traveling around the country in an over the road truck (18 wheeler), to our parting the 8th of May 2007, after 13 years our adventure ended.

Illyria
May 22nd, 2007, 11:10 AM
I would love to have tiger and wolf. ;)

lcsamano
May 24th, 2007, 05:23 PM
I would love to have either a tiger or a monkey. I think that monkeys would be loveable but the tiger would keep you on your feet.

johnakarr
May 24th, 2007, 08:48 PM
http://www.shopmountainlaurel.com/nature_sounds/images/wolf.jpg

johnakarr
May 24th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Well I recently put my Timber Wolf, Willow Poco Lobo down. ... our parting the 8th of May 2007, after 13 years our adventure ended.

Sad when they go, but you gave Willow a far better life than nature provided. Hat's off to you

Lainey
June 1st, 2007, 05:59 PM
WOLVES ARE MY VERY FAVORITE animal hence my wolfhealer name and you can see that on my staff page and my myspace page also and since I just redid the myspace you can enjoy it even more I hope. Wolves are the best and they mate for life which most people never do so I prefer the wolf and just wish everyone could find their mates.

Lainey

Tara S Nichols
June 1st, 2007, 08:35 PM
This is going to sound lame compared to the lions, tigers and wolves oh my, but I'd like a ferret.
Either that or a dolphin but because I live in the prairies that would be cruel. ;<

Angela Caperton
June 1st, 2007, 09:03 PM
Ooh! Great subject!

I absolutely love otters, especially river otters, and if I could share my life path with one or two, I would be incredibly happy.

All otters are wonderfully playful and loving and hey! Big up's in the "You go, girl!" category, in some species that form group dynamics, the groups are led by a female. And in the Amazon, the otter that is nearest and dearest to my heart can be found, the Giant River Otter (also called river wolves). These otters can grow to 6 feet in length, can hold their own against Caiman and pirahna, and they're the only otters that are monogamous.

Find some incredible pics of Giant Otters (and other Amazon wildlife) here (http://www.pbase.com/thejack/pantanal_brazil&page=8).

Lainey
June 2nd, 2007, 09:10 PM
THEY ARE DEFINITELY PACKRATS and get into everything also illegal here to have them in California but she lives in another state. The ferret has to be caged most of the time though since it will get into and out of any and everything around and make a total mess of anything it can eat or shred. They are cute though but a pest at times too.

Lainey

johnakarr
June 3rd, 2007, 06:48 PM
Lainey, cool myspace site. Really like the background with the wolves on the hill, turned and staring at the viewers. Theme music is rather haunting, just the way I like it.

Lainey
June 4th, 2007, 02:43 AM
Yeah my myspace just got redone this week by a friend and wolves are my thing but that is Warchild playing Ash's song ...Sherrilyn Kenyon's brother is Warchild and he wrote that song for her main character in her Dark Hunter series so yes it is very different ... and thanks for appreciating it.

Lainey

Dani
June 17th, 2007, 01:02 AM
My favorite animals would have to be a tigers. I've loved them since I was little. It's also my Chinese sign for my birth year...LOL! I like wolves too. They have this beauty that I juat can't discribe. Another animal that I really like (strange, but true) are Tazzy Devils. They are so cute. Steve Irwin (RIP) had some on his show one time and I couldn't get enough of watching them. They were just too funny.

Jenifer
June 18th, 2007, 08:58 AM
i would have to say wolf or leopard. We had a leopard around our house as a child, always wanted to keep him :lol:

rgraham666
June 18th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Insects. They're very cool. Used to keep preying mantises as pets when I was a kid.

I love to visit What's That Bug? (http://www.whatsthatbug.com/index.html) every couple of days, just to see if there's any pictures of cool bugs. ;)

Tara S Nichols
June 19th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Bugs! I love bugs. My all time favorite is the buffalo leaf hopper. So sweet who could deny those little eyes anything?
Check out the book "inordinate fondess of beetles."
Thanks for the link Rob, I'm going to put it on my blogspot favorites!!
-Tara

rgraham666
June 19th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Bugs! I love bugs. My all time favorite is the buffalo leaf hopper. So sweet who could deny those little eyes anything?
Check out the book "inordinate fondess of beetles."
Thanks for the link Rob, I'm going to put it on my blogspot favorites!!
-Tara

You're welcome. :)

If you want to look at something really cool at that site, check out the Solpugids link. I'd never heard of them before I'd been to that site. They don't look like something that evolved on this planet. :biggrin:

Dewdrop
June 25th, 2007, 01:17 PM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/r_we/sparkletiger.jpg

Dani
June 26th, 2007, 12:28 AM
Nice picture Dewdrop. That's my favorite color of tiger too!

Karenne
June 26th, 2007, 06:14 PM
That is beautiful Dewdrop!