PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a sweet publishing house

Megan Rose
September 4th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Hi all :) Can any of you lovely people recommend a reliable sweet publishing house to submit to? I'd be most grateful indeed.

Miss Mae
September 4th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Hi Megan. :)

Right off hand, I can't think of a particular, sweet-only house. Mine were pubbed with a "general" house (The Wild Rose Press, Whimsical Publications, etc.) in their sweet line. But I'll ask the group and see what info they have. :)

That's wonderful you have a sweet story to offer. Congrats! :)

DanielleThorne
September 4th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Hi all :) Can any of you lovely people recommend a reliable sweet publishing house to submit to? I'd be most grateful indeed.

Hi Megan,
It would be so awesome if someone would step up as a sweet romance only publisher but I haven't seen that. Inspirational, yes, but sweet romance is totally different and that's the hard part. However, there are lots of sites that publish sweet romance, along with some warmer genres, but they don't do erotica...this helps so you don't have your cover on a website that has explicit images.

If you can go to a publisher's website and not be embarrassed by the covers enough to not send your friends and family there to view your book, then that's about as close as you'll get. Hopefully these books will be rated by heat level which they usually are, so there aren't any surprises for those who are interested in sweet only heat levels.

I can suggest a few to check out, but like I said they aren't exclusively sweet heat, but they publish it and are tasteful sites: Visit Desert Breeze Publishing, Uncial, and Classic Romance Revival--I believe is starting up a company.

Good luck--I know it's really hard to place sweet romance but the more we stand up for what we write the more our genre will grow and eventually, we'll get a trustworthy sweet-heat only publisher we can turn to.

Cheers!
Danielle Thorne

Gail Pallotta
September 9th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Hi Danielle, Miss Mae and Megan!

Gail Pallotta
September 9th, 2010, 03:16 PM
:balloon:Hi Megan,
I'm just catching up on posts. But, congratulations on writing a "sweet romance." I echo Danielle and Miss Mae's suggestions. There's a book in the library called The Writers Market. It usually lists categories of different publishing houses, so it might be helpful.