PDA

View Full Version : What are you up to Linda?

Karenne
June 9th, 2007, 01:16 AM
So Linda...tell us what you have been up to. I have missed you.

Do you have new books?

Don't you have a contest going on?

Spill woman!:balloon:

Linda L Lattimer
June 11th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Hi Karenne

Yes I have a contest - a movie trivia contest that I have extended until the 15th of June then the answers will be posted...

A Family for the Holidays was just released with Tree Press about a woman with three children who learns she has cancer and doesn't know how to break it to her children. The male nurse she meets during her treatments is someone that she can lean on and he is a great person but she doesn't wish any involvement, but her children and her mother think otherwise. You can find it at www.treepress.net
I have one that is suppose to be released sometime this month with Midnight Showcase, Forbidden Love, a historical romance. And another in September with Whiskey Creek Press, My Life with Apache, a young adult historical romance.

I have a couple of stories in anthologies that will be out in September but don't have all the information of those yet, and have been trying to get some mroe stories in on the side, too

thanks Karenne for all your support

Linda

Linda L Lattimer
June 24th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Okay the contest is over and the answers are on my website, I have been busy doing edits on my young adult book, My Life With Apache, coming out in September with WCP, and a few others will be coming out later, too

Linda

Karenne
June 25th, 2007, 01:56 AM
I didn't know you did Young Adult books Linda.

Is this a new area for you or did I just miss some books?

Linda L Lattimer
June 29th, 2007, 05:41 PM
I sort of write different genre's. It just happened to me one day, this story came to me, and bingo, I couldn't stop, and when I sent it off the editor loved it and sent me a contract, I am really excited about this one.

hugs Linda

Linda L Lattimer
June 30th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Good morning everyone, I wanted to share another review I received this morning on my latest A Family for the Holidays, here is the link

thanks so much
Linda

http://www.romancejunkiesreviews.com/artman/publish/contemporary/A_Family_for_the_Holidays.shtml

Linda L Lattimer
July 5th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Hello everyone, I wanted to share my myspace, finally I have one, and I must thank a lovely angel - Karenne, for helping me, because I cannot figure out how to do those things, but she came in like an angel she is and helped me, thank you Karenne very much

http://myspace.com/lindallattimer

Linda

Karenne
July 5th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Tis beautiful Linda!

Glad you love it!:flowers:

Lainey
July 10th, 2007, 04:18 AM
Linda can you give us some excerpts here of your newest books coming out I love young adult since it really can be for most anyone after a certain age ... the story is what counts no matter what age we might be.. and I would love to see an excerpt or two before Apache comes out and anything else you have.

See you on myspace I hope I only just put in the friend request right now.

Lainey

Karenne
July 10th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Oh yeah Linda! Do give us a sneak peek! :flowers:

Linda L Lattimer
July 11th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Okay my editor and I have been busy going over the edits, but I will share this one with you guys, since you are sooo sweet: This is after the family starts out on their trip out west, and I heard that the book may come out in August instead of September, after I get the exact date, I will be sure to keep everyone posted:
Linda

I felt the wagon wheels begin to move to a slower pace. We’re stopping, but why? We had stopped a few miles back to rest the horses and give us all a moment to ourselves. Were we having to change to another route again to meet up with another wagon train? I jumped out of the back of the wagon and looked about to see what was going on.
Each wagon came to a halt. I watched as each person who sat atop their wagon grasped a shotgun in their hand. What was happening? I couldn’t see anything out of order. And there had only been a few prints of Indians spotted in our journeys. None had really bothered us during any of our travels. A few children peered out from the open flaps that covered the wagon tops. Silence lay everywhere around us. In fact the silence was too frightening.
I noticed the wagon master was starting to guide the wagons into a circle.
A hand touched my shoulder. It was Pa.
“Elizabeth, get under the wagon and stay there. Whatever happens, don’t you come out.”
Fear was in my eyes. I’m sure Pa saw it. For a slight moment, I think I even spotted a little in his.
“It’s all right, child. We’ve come this far. Ain’t no reason to worry now. We’re almost there.” He gave me a little wink.
It was at that moment I wondered why we had left St. Louis. Why hadn’t we gone to Montana and stayed with Grandpa?
Ma and Marie were walking toward us. They were trying their best to conceal their fear, but I could still see it reflecting out of their eyes. Ma took hold of me and Marie sheltering us both in her arms. Then she stretched out to Pa.
The wagon master reined his horse up to us. During the trip, he had been easy-going and full of conversation about his past travels. He had even sat around the fire and told all of us some stories he had heard about the Comanches, Apaches and Kiowa. He wanted us to be alert to the dangers that might lay wait for us when we settled in our new home. As I looked up at him now, I saw a man with uneasiness reflected on his face.
“Best get ready, Mr. Garret. Seems our scout spotted a host of Indians. They appear to be Comanche.”
“Comanche?” Pa’s one word carried a trouble of pain.
I clutched his hand tightly. Mr. Haley sent his gaze to each of us before resting back on Pa. Yes, he was worried.
“Yes, sir, the worse kind here. Dirty rotten savages, the whole lot of them. Never seen them on any of my travels with wagon trains but I guess there’s a first time for everything. Just make sure your guns are loaded with ammo and keep shooting. I’ve gotten all my wagon trains to their destinations before. Ain’t gonna let the Comanches stop me now. I’ve got to tell the others.”
“Won’t they wish to talk to us first, Mr. Haley?” I asked.
“I wish that I could say yes, but the scout saw their faces decorated with war paint. The only talking they’ll be doing today is with their arrows and what rifles they have stolen. Best get ready.”
Pa nodded. I let the words of the wagon master roll over in my head. There was a first time for everything. I wondered if it would be his first time not to see a wagon train get through. I hoped that my thoughts turned out to be wrong.
“You heard the man,” Pa said, his voice breaking. “Get the guns and get under that wagon. Hurry!” He looked at us once more. “Just remember what I told you when we left St. Louis. Save one bullet. It’s better than capture.”

Linda L Lattimer
July 11th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Hi Lainey, got your myspace message and welcome girlfriend

Linda

Karenne
July 12th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the sneak peek Linda!

Good luck on the agreement with the editor. They really do have a tough job! But I am sure you will get it all worked out with her!

You are a great writer honey!

:wub:

Linda L Lattimer
July 18th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Oh thank you Karenne, you are the bestest of friends, always

Linda, (is bestest a word, if not you know what I mean)

Karenne
July 19th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Yes..bestest is a great word! Sometimes it just works!

WUBS YOU TOO!:wub:

Linda L Lattimer
July 19th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Well if anyone would know, I knew my sweet Karenne would know

Linda

Karenne
July 19th, 2007, 11:57 PM
:wub: awww....flattery...it will get you everything!

Thanks Linda!

Linda L Lattimer
July 22nd, 2007, 06:23 PM
Hmm, let me think...what do I want???

Linda

Karenne
July 22nd, 2007, 10:56 PM
snicker...evil...absolutely evil.

:wub:

Linda L Lattimer
July 23rd, 2007, 12:56 PM
Oh, sounds interesting

Linda

Linda L Lattimer
August 9th, 2007, 04:40 PM
My Life with Apache is out now with Whiskey Creek Press....

Anita at Romance Junkies gave it 5 ribbons, and this is a snippet of what she said:

'Exciting action in an old west setting steals your breath, and the myriad of heart felt emotions make MY LIFE WITH APACHE a definite keeper. This is a passionate romance that describes a young girl's awakening into womanhood while dealing with tragedy and it tells how she meets and falls in love with a man she calls, " Apache," who teaches her what it really means to be a woman.'

Linda

Linda L Lattimer
August 30th, 2007, 03:06 PM
I just had to share a review I got today from The Romance Studio on my book, My Life with Apache

here is a snippet and then the link

Ms. Linda Lattimer has written several books I have read and this one, while different, is every bit as good. Her characters are so vivid and either compassionate, or harsh, or forgiving, as the case may have been, that it gave extra interest into the book. The plot was rather new to me; her writing style has always been great for me—this was no different. I had a hard time putting the book down. The ending, I must confess, was a total surprise to me. You will see when you read it. Great job, Ms. Lattimer!

Brenda Talley, 4 and a half hearts
http://theromancestudio.com/reviews/reviews/mylifelattimer.htm

Karenne
August 30th, 2007, 03:18 PM
That is great Linda!

Congratulations!:wub:

Linda L Lattimer
August 30th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Thank you Karenne, I always feel good when someone reads a book and post a review, or make a comment of any kind....

Linda

Linda L Lattimer
September 2nd, 2007, 09:59 AM
I had to share another review on My Life with Apache, this one is from Fallen Angels and once again I feel thrilled!!!

My Life With Apache by Linda Lattimer is a wonderful historical novel filled with images and emotions that portray life in the old west with a reality that is sometimes harsh but always interesting. I loved this book and I believe its target audience will love it, too. There is a great deal to be learned from this story. The way Elizabeth’s rescuers treat her, with kindness and compassion and a desire to understand her, is something that is truly touching. Her reaction to them, after her brutal ordeal, is understandable. The way she gradually realizes what the real dynamic are that exists between Indian and settler is enlightening. There isn’t anything about My Life With Apache I didn’t enjoy. I’d love to read a sequel to this story, to find out what happens next!

Reviewed by: Carly
5 Angels
http://www.fallenangelreviews.com/2007/August/Carly-MyLifeWithApache.htm

Sandee
September 2nd, 2007, 04:33 PM
Linda,

The cover art for My Life With Apache is just beautiful! Congratulations on all the great reviews. I can't wait to read it.

Best,

Sandee McCann

Linda L Lattimer
September 2nd, 2007, 06:58 PM
Hi Sandee, and thank you. Every time I look at it, I just get such a great feeling.
I thought I saw somewhere that you had another release out, too?

Linda

Anna Fallon
September 4th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Hey Linda these reviews are awesome. Well done.

Anna

Linda L Lattimer
September 5th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Thank you Anna, I am working on my edits with Midnight Showcase, with my book, Forbidden Love, I am anxious to see how readers will take to it

Anna Fallon
September 6th, 2007, 08:28 PM
I really am too Linda. This story is so much a step away from traditional romance, and yet it is the epitomy of surviving the times in the best way possible and so full of romance. It certainly isn't the regular format for a romance, but it's very romantic. I think Romantic Historical Fiction, rather then Historical Romance. Cos if readers pick it up thinking it's the traditional girl meets guy, they have conflicts and the ride off into the HEA together, well, it isn't that. But it is a real love story isn't it.

Hehe, bet I got you all curious now, well Linda knows what I mean.

Anna

Linda L Lattimer
September 6th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Anna, you are a doll. I never thought of it that way but you are right and once it all comes together, I think it will be great. It will certainly be a new line of writing for me but it was one of those that didn't want to let go.

Anna Fallon
September 7th, 2007, 08:06 AM
glad you didn't *wink*

Linda L Lattimer
September 8th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Thanks Anna, getting excited and patiently waiting for when the release happens

Tricia Jones
September 21st, 2007, 11:51 AM
Hi Linda, what fantastic reviews! You must be wrapped.

Linda L Lattimer
September 25th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Thanks Tricia it is a great feeling. Today I was given another fantastic review from Coffee Time Romance!!! Woohoo had to share!!!

Here is the link and what Krista had to say!!!

http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/BookReviews/Mylifewithapache.html

This story blows me away! It shows both sides so well I am ashamed to remember what is in the history books. Ms. Lattimer presents a story everyone will love no matter their age. It is full of adventure, dreams, and a love that will heal old wounds. Elizabeth needs something to focus on and Brave Coyote helps her find it, not just with him, but also with his whole community. I am in love with this story. Do not walk, but run to pick up this book today!

Thanks Krista, you made my day!

Linda

Karenne
September 25th, 2007, 11:44 PM
Krista wrote a wonderful review! Congrats Linda!Bunny

Linda L Lattimer
October 2nd, 2007, 03:05 PM
Yes, that she did, she really made my day and broke tears of joy to me

you sweet Karenne

Linda

Linda L Lattimer
October 6th, 2007, 02:17 PM
I just read my message and forgot to double check what I wrote, duh, it should have said

Yes, that she did, she really made my day and brought tears of joy to me

you sweet Karenne

Linda

where is my editor when I need her? LOL

Anna Fallon
October 6th, 2007, 04:52 PM
hehe I'm sure you've seen quite enough of me for a while so I just went with literary licence. Broke tears of joy to me...lol. Lord! Lucky Caro didn't see that.

Actually, I like it...but ah, grammar careful pro's like Caro..well.

Don't worry, she does the same to my edits Linda.

Anna

Linda L Lattimer
October 6th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Hi Anna, I know, she probably would have burst out laughing first then sent a bunch of red marks, LOL

Caro is a super nice person and love her to death

Linda

Linda L Lattimer
October 8th, 2007, 08:04 PM
I just wanted to check in and thank everyone from Coffee Time for the great wishes yesterday. I had bunches of well wishers on myspace. I appreciate all my friends, you guys are super great.

Linda

Linda L Lattimer
October 10th, 2007, 12:48 PM
I had to post this great review on Trio of Discontent, a book I wrote last year. It was reviewed by The Romance Studio and I got the link for this book today and wanted to share with everyone. Sandra gave it 5 hearts

http://theromancestudio.com/reviews/reviews/trioofdisconentlattimer.htm

here is a snippet of what Sandra said:
Linda Lattimer has written a suspenseful story of love, sex, misunderstanding and revenge. I have to say through a majority of this story I really disliked Vincent, but kept hoping he would see how wrong he was before it was too late. The characters, Vincent, Colby, Monique and even Jeff were so well written and believable. I found myself drawn into this story and unable to break free until the very last page. With Monique’s inner struggle to find her one true love and her journey to discover her heritage, throw in a someone out for revenge, a depressed friend, a very hot new guy and a helpful spirit and this story has it all. I highly recommend this story to anyone who loves a great suspenseful love story which demonstrates most anything can be forgiven when love is involved.

Overall rating:
Sensuality rating: Mildly sensual
Reviewer: Sandra
October 10, 2007

Tricia Jones
October 10th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Linda, what a fantastic review! Many congratulations, and what a lovely belated birthday pressie!

Karenne
October 10th, 2007, 02:53 PM
that is wonderful Linda!

Congrats! DiscoDancingCarrots

denisepatrick
October 17th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Great review, Linda. You must still be floating.

Linda L Lattimer
October 21st, 2007, 01:01 AM
Okay, I know I have been slack of late in posting, been behind in some things that I needed to catch up on and now I have another release that came out the other day and haven't even posted here. Forbidden Love with Midnight Showcase is out now...

Blurb:

After tragedy strikes Victoria Rilley, she is left with the two Cherokee braves she grew up with. But a quick judgment in her life causes a forbidden love that escalates when war brings much sorrow and heartbreak as she discovers love, in more ways than one.

A Historical Erotic Romance that is different from any book that I have written.

I enjoyed writing it, and thanks to Mae, Wendy and Caro, it is now out with Midnight, thanks girls...

Linda

denisepatrick
October 21st, 2007, 02:52 AM
Congratulations on the release!! I wish you many, many sales.

Dani
October 21st, 2007, 09:53 PM
Congratulations on your review and the release of your book!! :notworthy:

CharmedGirl
October 21st, 2007, 10:49 PM
Big congratulations for your book release Linda. That review is awesome as well.

Linda L Lattimer
October 22nd, 2007, 03:56 PM
Thank you Denise, IrishWolf and CharmedGirl that means a lot

Hugs Linda

Linda L Lattimer
October 22nd, 2007, 03:57 PM
Forbidden Love by Linda Lattimer new release at Midnight Showcase – Available Now - Historical Erotic Romance
www.midnightshowcase.com

He cast one last glance at the old Indian then started to climb the mountain. He would find Standing Oak and Victoria Rilley if it took him the rest of his life. Never did he desire a woman like he did this one. He did not want to fight with Standing Oak, the day was coming when Indians must stand together. But how could they ever decide who she would be with?
Running Wolf clenched his fists to his side. Where is she? Where did they take her? He must find her and convince of his sorrow over taking her the way he did. He wanted them to share gentle love but didn’t that make him weak?
“Should we go down into the ground?” Red Foot inquired.
“No. She would never go into any caves. She would pitch a screaming tantrum before she allowed that to happen. I need to find her Red Foot. I need the fire that she possesses. She will bring me good offspring. She has a spirit that I hated when we were growing up. She was so determined to beat me at every turn of the road. But now I need that determination in this white woman. I will make her mine always.”
“Again, I must warn you, she must first desire you, my chief.”
“She said she loved me before...and that she loved Standing Oak. She said she wanted to be my wife but that she would always feel for Standing Oak. It angered me. I reacted badly.” He stopped and thought of his outburst with her. “I will just have to make sure she desires me more, Red Foot. You must use your powers and enchantments to get her to love me again. To make sure she only desires me. I want her to completely forget about Standing Oak. She is my woman, not his. Come, we go now and work your magic potion on her.”
“It is not unusual for a white woman to take more than one husband, as an Indian Chief can have more than one wife.”
“I do not wish to speak of such things. Come.” Running Wolf pictured the three of them together, two men pleasuring one woman they both loved equally. His pride would not allow him the sensations those thoughts brought on.

Running Wolf sat on the ground near Red Foot. He watched as Red Foot took mixtures and stirred them in a bowl.
“Tell me, Red Foot, what do you put together?”
“Parts of a wild licorice, mixture of Indian Blanket and the cypripedium montaranum. White man often calls it Mountain Lady’s Slipper. It is said the flower can increase much love for one. “
Running Wolf curiously eyed the mockerson flower.” Increase much love. He reached for the plant and plucked more into the bowl as Red Foot stirred the potion.
“You must not interfere with the spell, Running Wolf.”
“I wish it to work. We will double the potion.”
Red Foot covered the bowl with his hand. “You do not know what you speak. You know nothing of mixing blends. Do you not trust me?”
“I only want the woman I love to feel love for me.”
“You must not interfere with the magic, Running Wolf or it could cause an adverse reaction that will be hard for you to accept.”
Running Wolf removed Red Foot’s hand and added a bit more. “Let me be the judge, of what I can accept. You just stir and allow the spirits to rest upon Victoria. Allow us to see the through the wind, Red Foot. I wish to see what becomes of Victoria Rilley.”
By early dawn, Running Wolf and Red Foot still sat on the ground. Running Wolf waited anxiously for the spirits to show them some sign. The herbal love potion had danced into the fire that Red Foot sprinkled into the air, but there had been no vision of Victoria. Running Wolf needed to see the spirits in the morning light. He inhaled a breath then raised his head to the sky above chanting softly.
“Come to me, Victoria. Let me see through the wind that the spirits have reached you. I need you to come to me. Show me spirits; let me see the woman I love.”
Running Wolf gazed into the fire, concentrating only on Victoria and nothing else. He closed his eyes and hummed lowly for a moment then opened them.
“There,” Red Foot said. “Look closely in the fire.”
Running Wolf eyed closer as he saw Victoria as if she were in reach. He watched as her head slowly tossed to and fro. Her hands moved slowly over her arms. “Yes, the potion finally reaches her. I can feel her presence. Her voice speaks my name through the wind, Red Foot. She is almost mine. I must hold her and get back what was taken from me. Her need is strong for me now, I can feel it. Send more Red Foot. You must send more into the wind to drift to her.”

http://myspace.com/lindallattimer

Liadan
November 8th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Oh Linda! This looks like an amazing story. Can't wait to read this one.

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2007, 02:04 AM
Wow what a great story. I can't wait to read it either.

Linda L Lattimer
November 11th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Thanks Liadan and Charmed Girl, I'll try to post another excerpt later

Linda

Linda L Lattimer
November 16th, 2007, 08:26 PM
I just got another review on My Life with Apache from the long and short reviews, and enjoyed what the reviewer said at the end:

I enjoyed watching the relationship and the love grow between Elizabeth and Brave Coyote. I was fascinated by some of the historical and cultural information that flowed seamlessly throughout the story. I was quite satisfied with the action scene that led up to the HEA; the loose ends and how certain issues were resolved. I absolutely adored the classic John Wayne style ending.

All in all, My Life With Apache is a wonderful story about a young woman in a difficult time in history, finding love in an equally unstable and dangerous world. Well worth reading, if you remember to save the introduction until after you’ve read the book.

http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.com/2007/11/review-my-life-with-apache.html

Dani
November 16th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Congratulations on the review Linda! :whoohoo:

denisepatrick
November 19th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Great review, Linda. And, I love the excerpt from Forbidden Love, too. I hope to get some time to read this Holiday Season, so it's going on my list.

Linda L Lattimer
November 26th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Thanks Irish and Denise that means a lot

hugs Linda

Linda L Lattimer
November 26th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Thought I would post another excerpt from Forbidden Love

“Excuse me, ma’am, I mean, Miss, I wasn’t aware any families were in this area.”
Victoria’s mouth went dry. She casually gazed around, seeing if he was alone. This was the first she had seen of any soldiers nearby.
“I didn’t mean to alarm you. We were only drawing some of the water.”
Victoria stopped in her tracks. Then there were others. We? How many are there?
“Oh dear, your dress has come unclasped.” He reached to close it when she slapped his hand.
“I can take care of that sir. I have been trying to repair it.”
“How did you rip it? Are your parents nearby?”
“My parents are...no, my parents died of smallpox. I have no parents.”
“Then your husband must be nearby.”
“Sir, I need to draw some water and go about my business. You mentioned “we” were out drawing water, but I only see you. Are the others in hiding, waiting to attack?”
“No, ma’am, I mean, Miss. I came ahead of the others. They should be along soon. Our journey takes us to north Georgia. Allow me to get a pin for you. I have one in my saddle bag.” He ran to his horse and brought her a pin. His eyes continued to drink in her
features.
She placed her hands on her hips. “Well, are you going to give me the pin, sir, or stand there and gawk all day?”
“Actually, it’s Captain. Sorry, it has been months since I have been around a woman and none quite as lovely as you.” He handed her the pin.
“Now, if I accept this pin, Captain, you are not going to expect some form of payment from me?”
He looked at her in wonder first before speaking. “Oh, oh, no, ma’am, I mean, Miss,” he stammered. “This is yours. A beautiful flower such as yourself should be covered at all times. We have bad men that roam this territory. In fact, you should not be out without a
chaperone.”
“Thank you, Captain, you are very kind. I’ll always remember your generosity and your words.”
General Buchanan cleared his throat and stepped out from behind the bushes. “Captain Swenson.”
Swenson jumped to attention. “Yes, sir, I wasn’t aware you and the men were already here. What I mean…”
“At ease, Captain Swenson. Why don’t you go and make sure the men fill their canteens so we can head out. We’ll stop at the next watering hole and make better use of it.”
“Yes, sir, right away. It was a pleasure, Miss. I didn’t get your name.”
“I didn’t give it.”
He tipped his hat and started to walk away.
“Captain Swenson?” she said softly.
He turned back to her.
“My name is Victoria. Victoria Rilley. You have a safe journey. And thank you for the pin.”
“Yes, ma’am, Miss.” He eyed her once more then walked away, almost tripping over his feet.
General Buchanan removed his hat then extended his hand to her.
“Victoria Rilley, General Thorne Buchanan. It is good to make your acquaintance. We don’t get to see attractive young women in our journeys. I think you made my young Captain’s day.”
She studied his hand before placing hers in it. He bestowed a kiss to her soft hand. “I don’t see a wedding ring, Miss Rilley. Am I to understand that you might be single?”
“I am spoken for, General Buchanan.”
“He is a lucky man. Makes me wish I had gotten there first. Tell me, have you never seen a white man before, or is it because I wear a uniform?”
She pulled her hand away. “Of course I have seen white men before, General. My father never associated with many young ones as yourself. Not with eyes that seem to lure you into their stronghold.”
“Then it must be the uniform or perhaps the man in it.” He drew closer to her and pressed at the pin attached to her bodice. “There, now the pin is secured. It wasn’t completely closed. Captain Swenson is right. You have to be careful out this way alone. Would you like for me to take you back to your home?” He stepped back but continued to
lock eyes with her.
“N-no, that will not be necessary. It is not far from here.” Her words sounded slightly strained.

milaramos
December 6th, 2007, 01:25 AM
THanks for the get well wishes sweety! Am feeling a bit better. Love the excerpts!! Moooooooore!

Muah
Mila

Dani
December 6th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Hey Linda, the excerpt was great! I've been trying to remind myself to pop over and tell you that, but I've been trying to play catch up on a lot of things lately.

Linda L Lattimer
December 7th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Thanks Mila, as soon as I catch up on what I am doing tonight, I will try to post another excerpt this weekend

hugs Linda

Linda L Lattimer
December 7th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Thanks Dani, I think all of us have things loaded on our plates right now

hugs Linda

Linda L Lattimer
December 21st, 2007, 10:29 PM
Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. It is down to the wire and I have not even started baking, plan to this weekend

Linda

Dani
December 21st, 2007, 10:33 PM
You and me both Linda! I have a lot of baking to do too. :lol:

Linda L Lattimer
December 28th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Well Dani, still didn't do much baking, everyone was getting all kind of sweets where they worked and told me not to bake anymore sweetening stuff for a week, so this weekend I am going to do a little baking

Linda

Dani
January 1st, 2008, 01:34 AM
I only got one batch of cookies done before Christmas Day, but it was okay because I had enough to take to my cousins and some for myself. :biggrin:

Linda L Lattimer
January 2nd, 2008, 05:05 PM
All I ended up baking was some pumpkin pies and a couple of pecan pies, since so many got sweets during the holidays and the butter tin cans of cookies, they were stuffed and said to wait till end of Jan to bake any cookies, so I just let it go again

Linda

denisepatrick
January 4th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Pumpkin pie! Yum! I didn't get any this year because my son (who was the only other one in the house who would eat pumpkin pie besides me) suddenly decided he wanted pumpkin cake instead. So, I made the cake Christmas Eve and we had that and cheesecake for Christmas dessert. I did make more fudge than I knew what to do with, though. Gotta stop doing that - I don't want to buy a new wardrobe!

Happy New Year!

Tricia Jones
January 6th, 2008, 02:04 PM
I'm in total awe of people who can cook Daisy Love Smilie I've tried, oh how I've tried, but I'm no good with an oven. I can do really nice cyber cookies, does that count?

Linda L Lattimer
January 7th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Yes Tricia those do count, at least in my book. I looked at all the stuff I had bought over the holidays to bake the cookies the other day, and I just thought to myself, no not today, still not up to it, but I will get there when I really want to be in there baking away again

Linda

Ana Luisa
January 26th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Hello Linda, it's been awhile. I see that you have new books out and that is great news. Will to have to check them out.

Linda L Lattimer
February 3rd, 2008, 09:57 PM
HI Ana, it is good to see you again, I haven't been online here much lately with so much other stuff going on, but hope you are doing well

Linda

milaramos
March 3rd, 2008, 09:23 AM
Yup I'm sick and I'm running amock the internet.
hehehe

*muah!*

How's the clouds still feeling for ya?!
Once again congrats!

Linda L Lattimer
March 7th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Hi Mila, sorry been out so much lately with so many different things going on. I have been going through some stories I wrote way back then and polishing them up and had some personal things to take care of too

so good to talk to you again

Linda

Linda L Lattimer
April 7th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Mila, I have seen you on some of the loops, and I think you have been very busy, too...hope things are going great for you

hugs Linda

Linda L Lattimer
May 13th, 2008, 10:18 PM
As usual I have been busy and unable to remember to post to the forums, but still think about doing it. Of late I am waiting for my edits for Rain Dancer to get started, not sure of the release date yet

and last week got a three book contract for my historical/western romance, am working on the fourth and final book of the series to submit to the publisher

other than that have been doing some polishing on some other manuscripts that I had lying around

Unfortunately I had one publisher site close down due to illness, so am finding a place to submit the two books I had there

hope everyone is doing well and busy at the keyboard

hugs Linda

maura
May 14th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Wow Linda, you are all over the place today. Good luck with finding a home for the two lost children, so many publishers are disappearing lately.

Take care,

Maura

Tricia Jones
May 18th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Linda, congrats on the three book contract! Hope you manage to find homes for the other two books soon.

Liadan
June 8th, 2008, 02:59 AM
Linda, you know I'm rooting for you. I know you'll find new homes for your books. You're a wonderful author and I am truly blessed to know you.