PDA

View Full Version : What are you sewing/making now?

Karenne
June 9th, 2007, 01:43 AM
So what are you sewing?

I am working on finishing up new curtains for a room that I just put in hard wood floors. Beautiful material. Vibrant yellow, with red roses spaced out enough that the yellow is your main focal point.

I made 2 swags and a long, crumpled valence for each of the 4 windows.

Perfect....:mumbles: even if I say so myself.

Jenyfer
June 19th, 2007, 02:54 AM
Your curtains sound great!

I'm working on quilt blocks, what else? I'm planning ahead for Christmas. Ordinarily I wouldn't have to be quite so anal in my planning but I'm preparing to go on a six week vacation and that's a lot of time to lose! I'm planning two small quilts (for my children) and some holiday table runners to sell in a local craft shop (they want stock in by October).

I want to get the blocks made up now so that I can just whip the tops together when I get home in Sept.

Karenne
June 19th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Aweseome...I would love to see a picture when you are done!

Hmmm...need another project! oh my (fans face) I guess that means I have to (looks around to make sure my hubby doesn't hear) the fabric store! :roflmao:

Dani
June 23rd, 2007, 01:42 AM
Does cross stitching count as sewing? It does to me (at least) because it uses a needle and thread (well floss, but who cares). Anyway, I'm working on a dragon (a pink one to be exact). It's coming along nicely now, but I had to put it up for awhile. I was aggrivating me to no end.

Karenne
June 23rd, 2007, 01:43 AM
snicker..I think technically..it is needlework....but I don't care...I want to know what you are working on anyway.

(elbows Irish) so are you going to get it back out?

Dani
June 23rd, 2007, 01:59 AM
Yeah, sooner or later...maybe later with as big as my TBR pile is. :turned:

Cindylynn
March 29th, 2008, 12:41 PM
I love sewing costumes. Heaven forbid that I actually sew anything one could use....though my current curtains are made of teal with pale gold embroidery sari-cloth...

Let's see...I want to make a pirate coat, and I have this champagne colored jaquard that is going to be lovely...and I want to make a doublet, trunk hose and lawn shirt to go with my hisrotical fencing costume.

sabby07
March 29th, 2008, 09:06 PM
I finished a quilt for my son does that count? Nothing special just simple blocks. It was my first and guess what it actually came out as a rectangle! SewingMachineGo

Cindylynn
May 14th, 2008, 09:36 AM
That's so cool, though. I always wanted to quilt.

Right now I'm working on a bodice for an SCA event at the end of the month.

AdelleLaudan
June 4th, 2010, 11:27 AM
I love to sew and can make my own patterns. A Christmas tradition is new PJ's all around from me to wear Christmas Eve. I love it. I've taught both my girls to sew and we are going to make some summer dresses soon.
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u39/AdelleLaudan/Signature.png

denisepatrick
June 12th, 2010, 04:19 PM
I love to sew, too, but I mainly make baby gifts now. My daughter took it in school, but never really got into it. Occasionally she asks me to make her something, but it's usually not very difficult - and usually just something that embellishes something else.

Now that she's an adult, I never get a chance to make her stuff. *sigh* Why do they have to grow up?