PDA

View Full Version : Question

Karenne
June 10th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Okay...question..am I the only one? Or do ya'll read the entire series again before the new book is release?

Dani
June 10th, 2007, 03:36 PM
I try to re-read a series before a new book comes out, but if I can't read the whole series I'll read the last book for sure. Since I've just read Keri's books I shouldn't have to re-read anything but the last book for sure. Even though I'll probably pick all of them up again anyway. August is a LONG way away, so I'll have plenty of time! :tt2:

rgraham666
June 10th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Don't often read books in series. But I rarely re-read them before buying a new one. I've got a good memory.

I'm reading a book now that I haven't read in over a decade. I still recall what it was all about.

pam champagne
June 11th, 2007, 05:55 AM
I only will read a second book in a series if I loved the first. For example, back in the 70's I devoured the Angelique series by Sergeanne Golon. I like these books so much, that I'd reread one at least twice before the the next book came out. I collected them and still read them. Fantastic historical romances.

I tend to like series that concentrate on the same characters, not different family members. I'm not sure authors still do that.

If there's too much time between the books, I will lose interest - unless I LOVE THE STORY.

WHERE PASSION AND DANGER COLLIDE
Samhain Publishing
Bed of Lies, June 19, 2007
The Enchanted <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Inn</st1:place>, October, 2007
Wild Rose Press
Dead Heat - Coming Soon<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
www.pamchampagne.net (http://www.pamchampagne.net/)

Schweety
June 11th, 2007, 11:18 AM
I am like you Karenne

I am just rereading all of them over again and again along with the generation book I cant get enough of her writing :)

christinac
June 11th, 2007, 01:37 PM
I usually don't have to read the past books again. But I might for this one I don't think I can get enough of them.

Karenne
June 11th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Welcome to our group christinac!

christinac
June 11th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Thanks! I'm glad to be here! I've been reading around to all the different forums for Ker. I think they are all awesome. I think I getting ansy waiting for the book to come out but I know it is going to be good. I can't wait. Keri's books are :leph: :lol:

Karenne
June 11th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Well we do have fun. Don't forget to enter her contest because she is giving awan an a copy of her next book. Yes, I sound like a broken record (for those of you who know me) but WOW..book in advance. droooooool:yes:

christinac
June 11th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Yeah, I know! :woohoo: I've already entered even though I have my name on the list to get one of her books. I bought it in advance :lol: I can't wait for it to come out!

DavidsGirl841444
June 11th, 2007, 04:19 PM
I usually re-read the entire seies again just to get better aquainted with it.

Dani
June 22nd, 2007, 10:22 PM
:wazzapp: I wasn't sure where to put this but I wanted to let y'all know that Redruby started a thread under the main Keri Arthur Forum asking what we're going to do once the books end. I wasn't sure if anyone besides me saw it, but I answered it and thought I might bring it to everyone elses attention, so that y'all could answer too if you wish.

DavidsGirl841444
June 23rd, 2007, 10:50 AM
Read other books I guess and see if she writes any more.

Karenne
June 23rd, 2007, 04:51 PM
Irish...give me that link...it must be me..but I can't find it :errrr:

Dani
June 23rd, 2007, 07:08 PM
Karenne, am I to believe that you can't find something on your own site? OMG!!! Be still my beating heart, say it isn't so. :roflmao: I think I saw that you found it, but just incase, I'll tell you. Just click on Keri's name up at the top of the page. :lol:

Karenne
June 23rd, 2007, 08:58 PM
(slaps Irish) No, I found it right after I sent you to you. It was right under my nose..that is why I couldn't find it!

:dots:

Dani
June 23rd, 2007, 11:05 PM
Ouch, that hurt now! I was only tryin to help and I did say just in case. And why are you sending me to me (if necessary reread your post). Was I really that bad that you have to send me back to myself? LMAO! You love me anyway even though I'm being a smart a** and I love you too even though you hit me.

Illyria
June 23rd, 2007, 11:12 PM
yeah, i love to reread the books before a new comes out. i always find out things i somehow missed from the first time i read each book, :lol:

DavidsGirl841444
June 24th, 2007, 10:15 AM
That is so sweet a bond that Irishwolf and Karenne have. Of hitting each other I can feel the love from here.

Shirley Jump
June 24th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Okay...question..am I the only one? Or do ya'll read the entire series again before the new book is release?

I wish I had time to re-read a whole series before starting a new book. I read a LOT every year, and will sometimes scan a series before starting a new book in a series (assuming I saved the books. Considering how much I read, if I saved them all, my house would fall down! :lol: ). But other times, I have waited until the whole series came out so I could buy them all and read them in quick succession because I can't stand not knowing how it ends (like THE GREEN MILE). So, the quick answer is...it depends. ;)

With some romance authors, though, I loved the books so much that I remembered them well enough there wasn't any need to go back again. :-)

DavidsGirl841444
June 24th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Good point I mean we all could probably remember what happened in the books but sometimes its fun to play around and see if you missed anything.

DavidsGirl841444
June 24th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Like right now I am reading the Anita Blake series and I thought Riley was outgoing and like to you know test drive guys. But whoa I mean whoa!!! Anita really spreads herself out. I perfer Riley in that retrospect much better.

Illyria
June 24th, 2007, 04:06 PM
That is so sweet a bond that Irishwolf and Karenne have. Of hitting each other I can feel the love from here.

yeah :lol:

Illyria
June 24th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Like right now I am reading the Anita Blake series and I thought Riley was outgoing and like to you know test drive guys. But whoa I mean whoa!!! Anita really spreads herself out. I perfer Riley in that retrospect much better.

yeah and Riley isn't has the same hang ups Anita has. That's why I love the Merry Gentry character more than Anita Blake. :lol:

Dani
June 24th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Har de har har you two. I think y'all are jealous :tt2: LMAO! *singing* Can you feel the love tonight...:wub: Okay, so I'm in a mood again...Caution: smart a** comments ahead! :roflmao:

Dani
June 24th, 2007, 04:20 PM
I have Laurell K. Hamilton on my list of authors, but I just didn't think I was ready to pick up another series with that many books out. With the way y'all are talking I think I need to start reading Anita Blake instead of the other books I have planned. We'll see though.

DavidsGirl841444
June 24th, 2007, 10:40 PM
I haven't read her Merry Gentry yet but heard it was good as well. But true about the hang ups. I love the smart a** comments you make. And believe me Irishwolf Hamilton is pretty good, I mean the Anita books are some what cool and complicated.

Dani
June 24th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Cool. I'll remember that when I go to the book store again.

Illyria
June 24th, 2007, 11:06 PM
:lol: yeah, there's nothing wrong with smart a** comments, hehe!!!

DavidsGirl841444
June 24th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Never is wrongness to that. Not sure wrondness is an actual word. Hheehehehe

Illyria
June 24th, 2007, 11:20 PM
that's crazy, hehe!!

Dani
June 24th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Well, we'll just make it a word. We could make up our own dictionary for this thread. LOL

Illyria
June 24th, 2007, 11:26 PM
so says the queen Irish, :lol:

Dani
June 24th, 2007, 11:32 PM
I guess I'm not gonna live this one down for a long time. Queen...Well I've always wanted a fairytail life, so I guess this is as good as it's gonna get. :lol:

Illyria
June 24th, 2007, 11:33 PM
nope, lol!!!

Dani
June 24th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Oh Lord! If you've ever seen me (and there are ways to find out what I look like), you'll know I'm no queen. LOL

Illyria
June 25th, 2007, 12:04 AM
lol.. sure, whatever you say, queenie, :lol:

Karenne
June 25th, 2007, 01:34 AM
:lol: yeah, there's nothing wrong with smart a** comments, hehe!!!

True...without them...what would I say?:errrr:

Illyria
June 25th, 2007, 01:36 AM
yeah, what would you say, Karenne! :lol:

DavidsGirl841444
June 25th, 2007, 12:34 PM
There wouldn't be anything to say at all. Hehehehe!

Illyria
June 25th, 2007, 12:57 PM
:arghhhh: lol

Dani
June 25th, 2007, 05:04 PM
You're right on that Davidsgirl! There wouldn't be much to say.

DavidsGirl841444
June 25th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Of course if we were wholesome and innocent females with no dirty thoughts in our brain of a certain vampire then maybe there would be lots to say. Oh well bring on the dirt!!!

Dani
June 25th, 2007, 05:30 PM
That's funny! Definately bring on the dirt.

Illyria
June 25th, 2007, 05:52 PM
yeah bring it on!! :lol:

DavidsGirl841444
June 25th, 2007, 10:19 PM
OOOOOHHHH! My kind of gals we are so synched up!

Dani
June 25th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Okay, I have an idea. How about we each find our favorite moments out of each books and post them under the proper book titles. I don't care if it's a discription of Quinn (yummy!), a Riley scene, a Riley & Quinn scene, or even a Riley & Kellen scene. Even a scene with Rhoan, Liander, Kade, Misha, Talon, or whoever you wish. Whatever the scene post it or the page numbers (or both) like I did on the Quinn thread. Let's see what we can come up with!

christinac
June 26th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Okay, I have an idea. How about we each find our favorite moments out of each books and post them under the proper book titles. I don't care if it's a discription of Quinn (yummy!), a Riley scene, a Riley & Quinn scene, or even a Riley & Kellen scene. Even a scene with Rhoan, Liander, Kade, Misha, Talon, or whoever you wish. Whatever the scene post it or the page numbers (or both) like I did on the Quinn thread. Let's see what we can come up with!

That sounds good to me, when I get home today! I will surely look mine up when I get home!

DavidsGirl841444
June 26th, 2007, 01:07 PM
I am for it to I mean I will go look now. This is fune. Like a scavenger hunt.

Dani
June 26th, 2007, 02:33 PM
You got it. A sexy scavenger hunt! :D

DavidsGirl841444
June 26th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Yeah go mine done.

Dani
June 26th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Check out the one I just posted under the Kissing Sin thread. I so love it!

DavidsGirl841444
June 26th, 2007, 06:55 PM
checking it out.

Dani
June 28th, 2007, 12:28 AM
Okay, where is Illyria? She hasn't been here in like 2 days. She's got a lot of reading to do when she comes back. Where are you girlie?

Karenne
June 28th, 2007, 06:09 AM
I know the feeling...I have had a TON of family things going on this week and haven't had my required 9 hours to play on the internet!

I can't get it all done!! :helpsmilie:

christinac
June 28th, 2007, 07:43 AM
I know the feeling...I have had a TON of family things going on this week and haven't had my required 9 hours to play on the internet!

I can't get it all done!! :helpsmilie:

You are ok Karenne. We are here for you!
(deep breaths!)
You'll just have to read like a speed demon!:tt2:

Dani
June 28th, 2007, 10:11 AM
You'll be okay Karenne. *hands you coffee and chocolate* Life always gets in the way of fun sometime or another. You'll get caught up. Life is going to get into my way today because I have cleaning, laundry and errands to do. :mumbles: I'll be back later this afternoon or tonight though.

christinac
June 28th, 2007, 12:00 PM
You'll be okay Karenne. *hands you coffee and chocolate* Life always gets in the way of fun sometime or another. You'll get caught up. Life is going to get into my way today because I have cleaning, laundry and errands to do. :mumbles: I'll be back later this afternoon or tonight though.

That's the reason why I can't usually get on later, because of everything
I have to do in the house.
It'll be ok though
agreeing with IrishWolf with the :mumbles:

Dani
June 28th, 2007, 03:02 PM
I'm actually getting to come back on in between cleaning things. I take breaks because I hate cleaning on and on (sometimes). It depends on the mood I'm in and today I don't feel very motivated because it's raining here. :lol: I am glad we're getting rain though, so I'm not going to complain at all cause we really need it.

Karenne
June 28th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Well at least we all have a place to go when we need a break (looks at the heavens..thank you!!!!)

Dani
June 28th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Thank goodness for that! I love coming here to see what's happening and putting my 2 cents in. :lol:

DavidsGirl841444
June 28th, 2007, 11:59 PM
I love putting my two cents even a dollar's worth of my money into the conversation but I do get busy with life as well but without you guys I would be talking to myself and look like a crazy person. Well I am that just more so.

christinac
June 29th, 2007, 09:07 AM
I love putting my two cents even a dollar's worth of my money into the conversation but I do get busy with life as well but without you guys I would be talking to myself and look like a crazy person. Well I am that just more so.

You're not the only one DavidsGirl841444!
:lol:

DavidsGirl841444
June 29th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Yeah forgot you all crazy just like me. Fianlly found my people I belong with all you crazy's too.

Dani
June 29th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Of course we are! We're all crazy. And crazy over Keri's books. :lol:

christinac
July 2nd, 2007, 08:20 AM
Of course we are! We're all crazy. And crazy over Keri's books. :lol:

Of course we are all crazy about Keri's books. :lol:

Dani
July 2nd, 2007, 10:33 AM
Yep, we sure are. I'm a real chatterbox :chatterbox: (like this smiley) when it comes to Keri's books. I've told at least 4 people about them in the past couple of weeks (they were looking for books like hers). That's how much I want to get people to read her books. I have a friend of mine getting ready to take a look at them now. I hope she likes them like I do. I even gave her the link to this site so she can see all the great people here. :turned:

DavidsGirl841444
July 2nd, 2007, 09:57 PM
Me too I try as well to get many people to read becuase that means they will get it and make Keri want to write more for us all.

christinac
July 3rd, 2007, 09:37 AM
Yep, we sure are. I'm a real chatterbox :chatterbox: (like this smiley) when it comes to Keri's books. I've told at least 4 people about them in the past couple of weeks (they were looking for books like hers). That's how much I want to get people to read her books. I have a friend of mine getting ready to take a look at them now. I hope she likes them like I do. I even gave her the link to this site so she can see all the great people here. :turned:

That's awesome! :notworthy: I don't have a lot of people around me that likes to read, that's why I love coming here to talk to you guys. But even though a lot of the people around me don't like to read I still tell them about how awesome the books are!
:leph:

DavidsGirl841444
July 3rd, 2007, 02:22 PM
Do they tell you to shut up about it like some of my friends do. I mean they hate me talking so much about the books. I swear they would tell me to bugger off.

Dani
July 3rd, 2007, 09:46 PM
Do they tell you to shut up about it like some of my friends do. I mean they hate me talking so much about the books. I swear they would tell me to bugger off.

You know, I've only told one of my friends about the books. The rest have actually been strangers in the book store (looking for a great book or series) or at my local market. I even told a girl that worked at the bookstore about them because we were compairing series that we liked and giving each other ideas. I don't see my other friends very much to talk about books and things. Sad, but true. If I did see them though, and talked about the books, they would probably tell me to stuff it. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
July 5th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Oh my god you tell random strangers that is so sweet!! Kindered spirits here in this place.

christinac
July 5th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Oh my god you tell random strangers that is so sweet!! Kindered spirits here in this place.

They listen but I don't think they'll run and go get the series. They're not into reading though! That sucks but if someone asks I'll tell them all about it.

Dani
July 5th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Yep Davidsgirl, I tell total strangers. I just kind of ease into it by saying, 'you know there's a great series by Keri Arthur...'. It's super easy. Like the girl at my local market for example, we got on the subject of vamps, weres and stuff because of a book she had in her hand. I told her if she liked that one she's like Keri's books (I also recomended Charlaine's books too). She said she had been looking for new books to read. It was fun to tell her about them.

Some people listen to suggestions and some don't. Either way it doesn't bother me cause I've told them, so it's in their heads. LOL

barbarella
July 5th, 2007, 05:27 PM
I recently got a friends husband hooked on KIM HARRISON books and have just introduced him to Riley. Now he spends all his time reading and she isn't speaking to me . Oh well maybe relationship advice isn't my thing. Has anyone else read HARRISON ? Red heads WILL rule the world someday !!!

KeriArthur
July 5th, 2007, 05:46 PM
I've read the first two of her books, and loved them (and I adore jenks). I've got the next two, but haven't had the chance to read them.

Have to say tho, I don't like Ivy, so I hope they don't become an item

:arghhhh:

Dani
July 5th, 2007, 06:13 PM
I'll be starting her first book (Dead Witch Walking) soon, but I have to finish Sally Painter's All I Need first. I've been told that Kim's books are great though, so they're next on my list.

Keri, you actually get to read while writing? LOL You just seem to be working very hard lately, so I didn't think you were doing much of anything else. It's great that you can take time to relax.

barbarella
July 5th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Keep reading. In one of the latest books, Jenks becomes man sized briefly ( VERY VERY interesting !!!!!). Ivy's character does grow on u after a while. My male friends hope that they will become an item, so I think we may be in the minority there. :-)

KeriArthur
July 5th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Keri, you actually get to read while writing? LOL You just seem to be working very hard lately, so I didn't think you were doing much of anything else. It's great that you can take time to relax.

I actually haven't had that much time to read all this year--too busy writing. And I have a stack of TBR's a mile high (they're actually still in boxes in the garage, waiting to be unpacked). But I'll be taking Rachel Vincent's Stray, and Vicki Pettersson's Scent of Shadows with me on the plane trip to Dallas--plenty of good reading time on an 18 or 19 hour flight!

KeriArthur
July 5th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Keep reading. In one of the latest books, Jenks becomes man sized briefly ( VERY VERY interesting !!!!!). Ivy's character does grow on u after a while. My male friends hope that they will become an item, so I think we may be in the minority there. :-)

lol. Why am I not surprised males would say that ?<g>

I heard about jenks gaining size--that should be fun to read (if I ever get there)</g>

Dani
July 6th, 2007, 02:33 PM
I hope you have a safe trip over Keri. With that long of a flight you probably will get quite a bit of reading done. I hope everything is going along a little better for ya in the writing department. I've been told that rewrites can be (and usually are) a pain in the bum. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
July 6th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Really do hope you have a great trip chica. And Yeah I read Kim's first book was goodhaveo get the other ones as well. Ihear they get better. But most vamp books have some hot piece of ass.

Karenne
July 6th, 2007, 05:35 PM
psst..Keri! you can come stay at my house and I will cook for you.

Trust me...I am pretty good (probably not as good as you are) but I have the proof...I am pleasantly plump!:helpsmilie:

snicker

KeriArthur
July 6th, 2007, 08:48 PM
I hope everything is going along a little better for ya in the writing department. I've been told that rewrites can be (and usually are) a pain in the bum. LOL

yes, they can be--but usually they're worth it (even if it doesn't seem like it at the time)

KeriArthur
July 6th, 2007, 08:52 PM
psst..Keri! you can come stay at my house and I will cook for you.

Trust me...I am pretty good (probably not as good as you are) but I have the proof...I am pleasantly plump!:helpsmilie:

snicker

if you're going to cook for me, I'm there. I love not having to cook. lol.
:notworthy:

and I'd love to be pleasant plump....Unfortunately, I'm a whole lot more

Dani
July 6th, 2007, 10:52 PM
and I'd love to be pleasant plump....Unfortunately, I'm a whole lot more
You and me both Keri! Pleasantly plump sounds nice compaired to me (Madam Big Butt here).

Hey Karenne, can I come to your house too? We could have a little impromtu chat session in your living room with Keri. AND I'll even help cook. LOL

Karenne
July 7th, 2007, 01:14 AM
oh you bet! I love to cook for a crowd!

Oh ...just in case anyone else is wanting to come over...we have two things we do NOT discuss in my house...

Politics

and

Our Weight!:eek:

Okay...well I am going to get the sourdough ready so that we can have fresh bread while we chat. Yummmmmmmmm

DavidsGirl841444
July 7th, 2007, 06:30 PM
I love freah bread especialy when it comes out of the pven right there. I think every women is good in size and pretty no matter what. size does't matter. I am average as they say but I think my curves a bit to big sometimes.

Dani
July 7th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Size doesn't matter to some, but to others it does. In society today, the models and stars are setting the example for the kids and they are way too thin IMO. Average size is (to me anyway) is 8 - 12. Size 6 is still healthy as well, but unless you are a small framed person (e.g. 5' - 5'4") it can be unhealthy.

Davidsgirl, I wouldn't worry about your curves. As long as you're not stick thin and your bones aren't showing you're good. And if someone tells you you're too big then they're not worth your time. If you're like, say Nicole Ritchie, then there's a problem. There are just as many health risks for under weight people as there are for the over weight people. Not that the other end of the weight class is any healthier. I can assure you of that because I'm currently battling with it.

I'm rambling now, so I'm going to get off my soap box about this. Sorry y'all, but it just makes me so :censored: mad at times when people talk about being thin and what is acceptable. Ya know?

DavidsGirl841444
July 8th, 2007, 08:23 PM
No its true your so right!! Its awesome being on the sopbox discussing the good things in life and the bad rep us women get. So Riley would be considered what exactly thin , average, what?

Dani
July 8th, 2007, 10:19 PM
I think she would be considered average build, but slightly athletic. Keri, if you read this, how would you describe Riley's size?

DavidsGirl841444
July 9th, 2007, 10:38 AM
I am with the athletic build at least cause she is half anddoesn't seem to gain much weight or whatever. Lucky her...(not that I am hating..)=)

Karenne
July 9th, 2007, 12:20 PM
I am with you Davidsgirl...really..not hating her:censored: not jealous that she doesn't put on the weight:censored: not hating her because she has to be reminded to eat something and then pigs out:censored:

sigh....(looks at my own butt) Really...don't hate her at all:swoon:

Dani
July 9th, 2007, 04:38 PM
:roflmao: Think you did enough :censored: ?

I don't hate her because she can't remember to eat then pigs out and doesn't gain a :censored: pound. NOooooooo, I sure don't. *snorts* :rolleyes:

KeriArthur
July 9th, 2007, 06:07 PM
I think she would be considered average build, but slightly athletic. Keri, if you read this, how would you describe Riley's size?

average. I always thought she'd look like angelina jolie before she lost all her weight and got those weird lips--she's a good sized woman with lots of curves and largish boobies

:turned:

Lainey
July 10th, 2007, 04:28 AM
I reread the whole series before the newest one comes out whenever possible so that I am up to date and ready to tackle whatever comes at us from the newest story.

christinac
July 10th, 2007, 08:06 AM
average. I always thought she'd look like angelina jolie before she lost all her weight and got those weird lips--she's a good sized woman with lots of curves and largish boobies

:turned:

That's cool! I always thought she would be some what athletic!
Awesome description!

Karenne
July 10th, 2007, 11:57 AM
:GEEK: You have modeled Riley after me (squeek) how flattering...thank you!!! :devil:

Dani
July 10th, 2007, 12:59 PM
*snorts* Uh huh Karenne. If you look like Riley then I don't want to ever hear you talk about your weight ever! LMAO!!!

christinac
July 10th, 2007, 01:22 PM
*snorts* Uh huh Karenne. If you look like Riley then I don't want to ever hear you talk about your weight ever! LMAO!!!

So true, Karenne no more weight talking

DavidsGirl841444
July 10th, 2007, 02:14 PM
I am with you about the not talking about the weight thing christinac. But yeah I am sorry I did not see Riley with those huge lips, big boobs yes but ot those dsl lips to big. I thought fine cute lips, like that of a porcelin doll. But her body is so right on.

Dani
July 10th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Keri (if I remember correctly) said that she's a C-cup, so that's about average. I have to agree with Davidsgirl on the on the lips thing. I didn't see her with big lips either.

DavidsGirl841444
July 11th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Ok question not having to do with thebook I know sacralige but who else saw the potter movie last night waiting till midnight to watch the cool movie I like it alot and I suggest you all see it. Sorry Karenne just curious!

Dani
July 11th, 2007, 01:44 PM
I went with my son and mom. We all loved it! One of the best movies of the series IMO. We got home about 3 AM or so. I'm a little tired now, but it was worth it.

DavidsGirl841444
July 11th, 2007, 04:40 PM
So true I got back around the same time, lines were a bit hectic,especialy since the movies finished at the same time from all 13 theaters. Funny. So yeha!

KeriArthur
July 12th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Keri (if I remember correctly) said that she's a C-cup, so that's about average. I have to agree with Davidsgirl on the on the lips thing. I didn't see her with big lips either.

waving to everyone from RWA (complete with new cowboy boots. Yay!):clap:

there's no big lips for riley--can't stand that look (angelina did have normal lips once upon a time tho)

and c-cup is normal, but in my world it's large for a werewolf, as they tend to be lean and flat.

Dani
July 12th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Awsome Keri!! Take lots of pics so we can see how much fun you're having. I wish I could be there in Dallas. I'm trying to save up to go to the Romantic Times convention next year. Are you going to be there? Some people I know from Charlaine Harris' fan club went this past year and they had a ball! Based of that I want to go see what it's all about.

Karenne do you go to the RT conventions, for that matter does anyone go to any of the conventions (RT, RWA, etc) besides the authors?

On a side note...I was right about her bra size! Yes, I realize that's big for wolves, but I still remembered. And thank goodness that she doesn't have big lips. Not that they are a bad thing, but they are a bit over rated IMO!

Karenne
July 12th, 2007, 11:59 PM
I hope you are having fun Keri!

Remember...we expect pictures! lol You should go to the local Chip and Dale (evil laugh)

cough..you know..just for fun!:swoon:

Dani
July 13th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Hey now Karenne, you didn't answer my question to you. :lol:

christinac
July 13th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Hey now Karenne, you didn't answer my question to you. :lol:

That is awesome! I hope you are having a blast! Take lots of pics please!!!

Karenne
July 14th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Karenne do you go to the RT conventions, for that matter does anyone go to any of the conventions (RT, RWA, etc) besides the authors?

Actually....I went to the last RWA in Reno...about 2 years ago..I think? And then my business partner went to RT last year.

We both have kids at home so we try to split up the events so that we are still home with the kids.

Plus...don't forget...if you have kids..you are POOOOOOOR!:unsure:

Sorry I missed the question honey! Thanks for reminding me!

Dani
July 14th, 2007, 11:46 PM
No biggie darlin. I'd keep reminding you if you didn't answer...LMAO!

And I know what you mean about being poor if you have kids. My son is :censored: about getting a Wii system. Every day or every other day he's wanting to see if they are in the store yet (they've been sold out here for a while). It's driving me crazy!!!

I seem to stay poor with him around (not to mention my spending habit ;) ), but I'm trying to save up to (maybe) go to RT in 08. I'd love to meet the authors. I also wanted to see if anyone else might be going as well because I love meeting people.

DavidsGirl841444
July 15th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Well sorry to say but I have no kids but I am still not so rich or anything poor as well. What exactly is the RWA AND RT I mean where are they held or being held and how much is it like hotel and plane that I know but what else do you do there and things happen am new to this all.

Dani
July 15th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Romance Writers Association (RWA) is where Keri is at now and Romantic times (RT) was where she was in April. The conventions are held in different places each year. This coming year RT's going to be held in (I do believe and I'll check for sure) Pittsburg at the Hilton hotel. I've also heard that it's going to cost about $209 per night to stay at the hotel, but it's so much better than staying somewhere else and having to fight traffic, find a parking space at the hotel (and yours), and if you have an accident or just want to go lay down for a bit you don't have to leave and come back; you can just go to your room. I'd split the cost of a room with someone if I knew someone else wanted to go and wouldn't mind sharing a room. Not sure about plane tickets and what not, but you get to meet a lot of authors, go to neat parties at night and can get free books! :turned:

DavidsGirl841444
July 15th, 2007, 12:20 AM
Are you serious anout all the happenings I mean you get to talk to authors and get free books. And partiy with people like us. Whoa makes me consider going.

Dani
July 15th, 2007, 12:35 AM
Yeah, some of the authors have pics on their websites of the parties. One was themed a fairy party (well people dressed like fairies) and another was a Moulin Rouge party and you get to dress for the occassion. Not to mention that at RT there is a contest for the RT hunk and they have calanders!! The hunk get his own cover on a book! Woo hoo, some of those men are hot!! Check out this thread http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=1241 and go to her blog (I think it is). You can see some of the hunks!!

mskendra
July 15th, 2007, 01:11 AM
I attended RT this year and last year got to meet Keri twice. I took one of books for her to sign this year. I was a great treat to meet her. She is wonderful.

RT is a roller coaster from day one, parties, author/reader panels, the BAR, hot men running around trying to get votes for Mr Romance. *grin*. We had a blast! I met lots of authors and made some real good friends.

--Kendra

Dani
July 15th, 2007, 01:17 AM
Are you going to RT 08? Like I said I'm thinking about going. I'd love to meet new people.

DavidsGirl841444
July 15th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Hot guys whoa hot enough to be on over books. Yummy. But mostly to meet the authors. The problem is the cost is whoa! Just to go. But will try to save for it. Thanks girls.

mskendra
July 15th, 2007, 03:21 PM
I am going to try but they are making some changes to the costs that might make it much harder. No word yet on the fee for the conference. If you share a room it takes a huge bite out of the cost. But everyone should go at least once to experience the MADNESS. :-)

--Kendra

DavidsGirl841444
July 16th, 2007, 01:29 PM
I guess your right mskendra, people should go once. I don't know though cost is alwasy important.

Dani
July 16th, 2007, 10:50 PM
I agree, that's why I'm trying to save up. :lol:

Illyria
July 17th, 2007, 07:42 AM
ditto. that's what i am trying to save up to go too. at least trying to, but very hard with my addicting habit. :lol:

Dani
July 17th, 2007, 02:57 PM
You and me both girlie! I just think about the Mr. Romance contestants and meeting the authors and it helps. Well that is until I'm looking at a book or 4 that I desperately want that is; then I become weak. :mumbles: I hate it when I get weak.:roflmao:

DavidsGirl841444
July 17th, 2007, 06:40 PM
I am part of the club of weakness for books anonymos. Hi names Maria and I can't help not grabbing the first hot, steamy book I can get my hands on with vampires or wolves or anything supernatural. So I will try but it will probably be like a grand to go.

Dani
July 17th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Welcome to the club Maria! We have our meetings everyday here at the Keri Arthur forum (because her's are the books we crave the most) between the hours of whenever to whenever. :roflmao: Just thought I'd be a little cheeky (a nicer way of saying smart a**) today!

KeriArthur
July 17th, 2007, 09:36 PM
I'm going to both RT and RWA next year. If there's a heap of forum members going to RT, we should get together and party

:wazzapp:

Dani
July 17th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Excellent! That sounds like a great idea. I'm going to do my best to make it there. I'm sure some of the others will try too. :biggrin:

KeriArthur
July 17th, 2007, 09:45 PM
the biggest cost is the hotel room, and if you can share a room, it's a huge help. The rooms usually have two double beds, so if you don't mind sharing a bed, you can actually quarter the costs. (Although I'm not sure the rooms have the space for 4 women and all the assorted clothes and books they collect!)

Karenne
July 17th, 2007, 10:00 PM
4 women should NEVER share a bathroom...shakes head..:swoon:

KeriArthur
July 17th, 2007, 10:05 PM

that is so true! There were three of us sharing a room last year, and the whole bathroom situation was a mess. Two in a room is much better, but it's also more expensive. If pennies count, then more in a room is a better option (just wake up early like I did, and get first dibs on the bathroom)

Dani
July 17th, 2007, 10:13 PM
And...You know this how? Do you have some secrets your not telling the rest of the class Miss Karenne? :roflmao: I agree though. Two women sharing a bathroom is bad enough.

Karenne
July 17th, 2007, 10:45 PM
I have teenagers in my house all of the time! Yes, I am that house where all of the kids hang out.

Did I mention we have ONE bathroom:eek:

Dani
July 17th, 2007, 11:08 PM
:wideeyed:Oh honey! I'm so sorry to hear that you only have one bathroom. You poor thing!

I lived (and still live) out in the country, so no one hung out at my house except for on the weekends when I had friends over. :lol:

Karenne
July 17th, 2007, 11:34 PM
I am on my way...I have packed up my mini-van and I am on my way....I am living with you where no one shows up at the house.

:censored:

KeriArthur
July 18th, 2007, 12:47 AM
one bathroom, and a house full of teenagers?

I don't know which is scarier!

DavidsGirl841444
July 18th, 2007, 12:38 PM
The one bathroom I think cause gods forbid if that athroom gets stuffed up or broken then what? Scary!

Dani
July 18th, 2007, 05:54 PM
I am on my way...I have packed up my mini-van and I am on my way....I am living with you where no one shows up at the house.

:censored:

Okay, I'll get the room next to mine ready for you. Can I send my pre-teen to your house in your place?

one bathroom, and a house full of teenagers?

I don't know which is scarier!

Keri, I'm with you on that one.

mskendra
July 18th, 2007, 11:31 PM
The ultimate terror... one bathroom and teenagers.
*shudders*

phoenyxstarr
July 19th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Its not just teenagers that like to hog the bathroom. I've got a 10 year old, & when her friends come over, I have to yell at them for almost 5 minutes before I can get in to use the bathroom. I'll have about 6 9 through 11 year olds stuffed in one itty bitty bathroom. Its so small, you can almost touch the opposite wall while sitting on the toilet, & I'm barely 5'4" tall so I have little arms.

Dani
July 19th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Oh my! And 6 of them fit in there? They must be tiny little things.

DavidsGirl841444
July 19th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Nice and funny but so true I have seen the little kids they are small.