PDA

View Full Version : How does your garden grow?

Karenne
June 12th, 2007, 06:14 PM
So how is everyone's garden doing? Mine has sweet peas, green beans, artichokes, lettuce, spinach, carrots, and cilantro ready for the picking.

oh oh..and 2 blueberries (so excited about those two blueberries):yes:

rgraham666
June 12th, 2007, 08:36 PM
I try to avoid dealing with vegetation in any form.

I have a grey thumb and hate to see them suffer under my 'care'. ;)

Karenne
June 12th, 2007, 11:44 PM
snicker...well I well be coming to your house with my left over vegetables and a potted ivy. No one can kill an ivy!:errrr:

Alyssa Brooks
June 13th, 2007, 10:04 AM
I've got little green tomatoes forming! YEA! The lettuce and spinach and radishes are in...I've been eating and freezing them like crazy. Meanwhile, the sunflowers seem to be taking over everything...knew I should have planted them somewhere else! Everything else is growing well...including the weeds. My job for today!

Karenne
June 13th, 2007, 10:36 AM
lol That is what Sun flowers do. I plant them up against the fence (about 7 feet tall) and let them go in the BACK of my garden. They bring in bees and are pretty ...for a while. But they will take care over!:errrr:

luv2read
June 14th, 2007, 07:12 PM
In my garden I have cilantro, radishes, 2 types of tomatos, serrano chiles, jalepanos, and squash. My corn and watermelon haven't done anything yet.

Karenne
June 14th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Wonderful! Give it time and heat for the corn (wink)

Alyssa Brooks
June 26th, 2007, 03:18 PM
lol That is what Sun flowers do. I plant them up against the fence (about 7 feet tall) and let them go in the BACK of my garden. They bring in bees and are pretty ...for a while. But they will take care over!:errrr:

The terrible thing is, I KNEW they would. But I planted them anyway. I've tried to plant them in different spots all over my yard for years with no sucess, so this year I stuck them in the garden. And what do you know, they're growing. VERY well!

Dewdrop
June 27th, 2007, 01:22 AM
Ours is great! Beans, cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers, broccoli, califlower, asparagas, corn, pepers YUMMY! All doing great.......in roughly a week or less we will have some cucumbers and some fried green tomatoes! :)

Snowpea
June 29th, 2007, 12:03 PM
well since I just moved and have not much a clue how things are in my yard, I just put a garden near the back door and I have 12 tomatoe plants. 4 of the tomatoe plants are those low acid yellowish orange colored ones. Never had them, but we are giving them a try. and I have 4 Red sweet pepper plants and 4 banana pepper plants and 4 cucumber plants. So far we have signs of tomatoes and a couple cukes. The peppers are going soo slow. I think it might be the soil. I need to miracle grow all of them. Plus some good rain here will help.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Karenne
June 29th, 2007, 01:48 PM
WOW! Sounds like a lot to me!! Great job!

Half the fun is trial and error!:flowers:

Linda L Lattimer
June 29th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Everyone's garden sounds so lovely, I can practically visualize them, my son in law planted some tomatoes, cucumbers, squash and some other things I forgot and they are really beginning to sprout good

Linda

Janice Seagraves
April 23rd, 2010, 04:59 AM
In my garden I have cilantro, radishes, 2 types of tomatos, serrano chiles, jalepanos, and squash. My corn and watermelon haven't done anything yet.

Corn and watermelon need lots of room even if your growing a special verities for small spaces. I've tried growing all kind of verities but didn't have a lot of luck.

Corn is a wind pollinater, so you'll have to give them a good shake every now and then to get them pollinated. Each and every corn silk is linked directly to a kernel. So if not all the silk gets the pollen it'll produce a lop sided or malformed ear.

Good luck.

Janice~

LelaniBlack
April 26th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Garden? Did someone say garden? I've got some wine grapevines in the ground (my mini-vineyard) starting some ruby red sweet corn, multi-variety potatoes, pinks, red, butters, multi-colored carrots, peas, red cabbages, bruss sprouts, spinach. I am a gardening freak, my parents had bananas and all manner of tropical vegetables in their island garden. I live in a cool, dry climate for now so I'm waiting for the weather to warm up so I can put the hot weather plants in the ground.