PDA

View Full Version : June 13th - Paranormal Theme Chat!

Karenne
June 13th, 2007, 12:07 AM
Have a Paranormal book to share? Bring us your books, blurbs, covers, excerpts. We are here to find out more. We will be holding this Paranormal Theme Chat all day long!

Authors....brag away! Tell us about your current books, future books, WIPs.

Readers...ask those questions.

Coffee is hot and ready as always. Have Fun!

rgraham666
June 13th, 2007, 09:06 AM
The very first thing I've ever had published was an anthology of stories rotating around Georges Belleveau, whose been living in the dark since shortly before The Terror. He meets Diane Patterson, a modern day woman, and they fall in love. But love between night and day is never, ever easy.

The title of it is In The Dark (http://www.aspenmountainpress.com/paranormal/romance/in-the-dark/prod_42.html). It's now available from Aspen Mountain Press.

Here's the blurb.

Georges Bellveau is a vampire. With great willpower he controls his urges to feed, keeping his blood lust under control. When he meets Diane Patterson love enters into his carefully balanced equation. Can he keep his condition a secret? And when another other worldly creature threatens to expose him by threatening Diane, will she be able to accept the truth?

I'm still loving the cover for this one. Jinger Heaston does very good work.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/rgraham666/InTheDarksmall.jpg

Give me a couple of minutes and I'll post an excerpt.

rgraham666
June 13th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Here's a little taste from In the Dark (http://www.aspenmountainpress.com/paranormal/romance/in-the-dark/prod_42.html).

It’s three in the morning and I am in Diane’s bed.

My hands stroke her auburn hair and my lips caress the fair satin skin of her forehead. She shivers in response.

I need to use little of my power with her these days. She’s become accustomed to and desirous for my touch. But for her pleasure, I push some fire into her, make the shimmering heat she feels rise.

I‘ve made sure to colour my skin and breathe. Diane doesn’t know what I am. She’ll never know if I can help it.

My mouth moves down, covers hers, works at her hungrily. She answers with the same passion. Her hands rove, teasing my skin. Amazingly, I react, feel shimmering emotion fill me. This isn’t my usual hunt. I’ve come to care for her.

My arms go around her back and I hug her close. Breaking my face away from hers I look into her eyes. “Sweet Diane,” I exhale.

Her eyes glitter at me, lust providing the sharp sparkles and warmth a deep glow. “Georges,” she whispers back.

My face lowers to her neck. For a moment my hunger screams at me to feed, drain her dry, leave a cold corpse lying here to spread fear in the world. I easily ignore it. Monster I may be but not all the time. And especially not now.

Instead my tongue teases with soft, quick licks. I use my power to push Diane’s passion a little higher. She sucks in a sharp breath and a tremor runs through her. Her fingernails dig softly into my arm and back.

I chuckle against her throat and move on. Playing, I lave her shoulders and chest, sweep up her small breast and take a nipple in my mouth. It pops into stiffness and I feel her aureola crinkle under my tongue. With my canines I lightly nip the tender nub. A hint of the ecstasy feeding creates washes into her. Diane gurgles, grabs my dark hair and pulls me close. I suck hard at her. The sound of her legs running over the sheets as she spreads herself comes to me.

I play over to her other tit and gambol there for long moments. Her body begins a steady tremble as I do.

With mischievous kisses I move down to her tummy. My power propels her emotions, raising her joy higher still. As I come to her hips I run the edges of my teeth over the skin above her joints. Her muscles jerk, then jerk again. “Georges” she whimpers, “no more teasing, please.”

“D’accord,” I tell her. Lifting her leg I drape it over my shoulder. Lying on my side, her labia sit in front of me, quivering and lustrous. The sweet, rich aroma of her arousal stuffs my nose.

Sapphire Phelan
June 13th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Hi, Sapphire Phelan here. I write erotic and now, non-erotic paranormal/fantasy/science fiction romance. I even have an erotica horror short story, 'Jack" using Jack the Ripper and virtual reality in it, in the first issue of Sinister Tales Magazine last year.
My first erotic paranormal was Crimson promise, published by Lady Aibell Press. You can get it at http://ladyaibell.com or at http://fictionwise.com/ebooks/eBook39441.htm . Here's the latest review it just got: Crimson Promise delivers just about everything in this power-pack read. The entertaining characters create some interacting sensations in the pages that keep the story flowing. Victor and Na’lesa captivate the story while sending electrifying sizzle that leaps out to the reader. I could almost hear Na’lesa’s enticing voice when she says to Victor, feed my love, so hypnotic. Ms. Phelan creates a tale that comes alive and keeps the reader glued to all the events transpiring. With some blazing heat, she gives two lonely people the will to continue in life and join in as one, beautifully belonging together. Sensual, explosive and a dynamite package all rolled into one, this is a magnificent read.
It got 3 and half hearts.

You can read the rest of the review at
http://www.theromancestudio.com/reviews/reviews/crimsonpromisephelan.htm
Now, enjoy an excerpt from it.

Sapphire Phelan
http://FantasticDreams.50megs.com
www.myspace.com/SapphirePhelan
http://SapphirePhelansPassionCorner.blogspot.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SapphirePhelansParanormalNewsletter

Go beyond the usual, instead take the unusual that stretches the boundaries and find romance with Sapphire Phelan's aliens, werewolves, vampires, fairies, and other supernatural/otherworldly heroes and heroines.

Two lonely people: Victor, an Undead from Earth, Na'lesa, a living alien vamp, find love, sex and blood, and not necessarily in that order. Victor, the last Earth vampire still existing, flees to another planet in the future to survive, for Earth is now poison to his kind. Na'lesa has been alive for eons, the last of her race and changed; now she lives a life as a living vampire being. One night both run into each other over some prey...

Excerpt:

Starved for blood for a long time now, Victor fell to his knees and fastened his mouth over the opening, sucking out what remained of the red liquid in the body that had gone cold with death. He ignored the other sounds of sucking from above him.

The body now drained, he stood up, tongue out, licking blood from the corners of his mouth. He caught the sight of soft, heather-purple eyes staring into his, belonging to a vision of beauty so alien and yet, causing his body to harden in places he thought long gone dead.

She lifted her bloody mouth. A long snake-like tongue, edged on each side with tiny, sharp fangs not unlike the thorns of a rose, slurped back into it. Her arms loosened and the drained form of her prey dropped to the ground. He noticed for the first time that she had no hair on her head and had delicate pointed ears like a cat's.

"What are you?" asked Victor.

The alien smiled.

"It should be I who asks the question here,?Æ she said in a soft oice. "What are you? All hu-mons that I have hunted and feed from do not drink life from their kind."

He edged nearer. "When a human has been killed by a vampire," he remarked, "then that human becomes undead, and to survive, must hunt and feast on the blood of living beings."

Suddenly, without warning, she stood before him, a hand edged with sharp fingernails stroking the skin of his face.

"Soft, like velvet, and cold like the snow of the Dar-Ghre Mountains to the north," she said in fascination.

His hand reached out and touched her, finding her flesh warm and full of life. He lingered, enjoying the warmth. It had been so long since he touched another for other than a meal.

Sapphire Phelan
June 13th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Here is my latest paranormal romance, another vampire one, more traditional and contemporary, His Girl. The heat rating: Titillating. You can find it from Twilight Fantasies Publications at http://twilightfantasies.com/His%20Girl.htm . Its cover won Reader's Choice: Book Cover of the Month at Twilight Fantasies!
I just received this review for it from Romance at Heart earlier this week: Ms. Phelan pens a thrilling vampire short story that is sexually raw and fascinating.
A Twilight Fantasies publication, His Girl keeps the reader engrossed with its rapid suspense, earthy dialog, and pleasing characters. Sapphire Phelan, pen name for nonfiction and horror author Pamela K. Kinney, tantalizes readers with a decadent piece of creative diversity. Soon Twilight Fantasies Publications will release her latest creation, The Curse – keep an eye out for it!
Read the rest of the review at http://romanceatheart.com/shortbooks/hisgirl.html

Sapphire Phelan
http://FantasticDreams.50megs.com
www.myspace.com/SapphirePhelan
http://SapphirePhelansPassionCorner.blogspot.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SapphirePhelansParanormalNewsletter

Go beyond the usual, instead take the unusual that stretches the boundaries and find romance with Sapphire Phelan's aliens, werewolves, vampires, fairies, and other supernatural/otherworldly heroes and heroines.

My Girl was more than just a song for Evan McPhail and Aimee Saunders; it was the music of their love and passion for each other. For nothing could tear them apart, nor even death.

Then Aimee vanished.

She returns to Evan thirty years later, no longer human. To the tempo of their passion, they prove that doesn’t matter.

This excerpt is intended for adults only. By remaining you verify that you are over 18.

Evan hooked one arm under her knees and with the other curled it around her back. He lifted her up and carried her to his bedroom, his mouth devouring hers. Depositing her on top of the bed, he lay beside her.

The room was dark. Evan couldn’t see her, except the darkened outline of her form. That form rose off the mattress and over him. Evan found her lips. He took them with a deep kiss. She withdrew her lips from his. He felt her run her tongue down his body to his aching arousal. He moaned, rising in crescendo. With a deep breath in, he took in the perfume of their sexual desire. Ready to plunge into her, Evan sat up halfway. He halted when he noticed the twin red pinpricks hovering over his manhood.

What the hell were those two red lights?

His eyes tight on the lights, he reached over and clicked on the bedside lamp. Light flooded the room. Aimee was kneeling, her eyes no longer blue but crimson as blood and glowing. Her lips were parted, and he saw large, sharp canines pricking her bottom lip. Kicking out his legs, he rolled away and off the bed. He crouched by the side of the bed, every muscle in his body tense.

“My God! What the hell are you?”

His gaze fell upon her clenched fists against her thighs. He saw her hellish eyes through the strands of her messed up hair. Her mouth closed until only a small opening remained.

“I’m a vampire.”

The admission came out in a husky whisper.

“Wait a minute. What did you say?”

She tossed her hair back and snarled, revealing the fangs again, razor sharp. No longer did she look like the sweet, loving Aimee he knew, but more like some wild, untamed animal. Inhuman and terrifying, she raged on.

“An undead monster! I feed upon living beings and exist on their blood. That’s why I haven’t changed or grown older. I died that night thirty years ago, thanks to the vampire who took me in those woods not far from the motel. The next night, he sank his fangs into my cunt, feasting on both my blood and come as I came. It turned me on and that’s what upsets me the most! That I climaxed while being drained to the point of death by some monster. Because I gave him pleasure in turn, he decided to turn me as his way of thanking me, along with deciding to keep me for companionship and fucking.”

She surged off the bed. Anger glowed hot in her eyes as she stood before him like some avenging naked goddess from myth, ready to exact punishment in the most awful and yet, erotic way. Evan rose to his feet. Earlier his phallus had softened from shock and fear, but now it began to grow rigid again as he stared into her red eyes. He took a step closer.

His arms encircled her and he drew her to him. He captured her lips and enjoyed the sharp jab from the tips of her fangs, as they pricked his bottom lip and drew blood. He didn’t care though; all he wanted was Aimee, his swollen shaft inside her, taking her deep and hard. It didn’t even matter that she admitted to enjoying what the monster that had made her had done to her.

Somehow they ended back on the bed and he sheathed himself completely, his turgid flesh the only warmth in her freezing-cold moistness. Instead of shriveling from the iciness, it grew even harder and he began to thrust, slow at first, and then going faster and harder. He propped up his upper body by rigid arms. Staring down into lust-filled eyes filled with blood, he probed her.

As he drew her legs over his shoulders and push even deeper into her pussy, the song, My Girl filled his head. The Temptations’ voices rose in crescendo to the wet sounds of cock and pussy. His moans and her cries joined with the song, becoming one glorious music piece. She screamed, her back rising off the mattress.

“I’m coming. Oh, yes.”

His eyes rolled back in his head as his balls tightened. His orgasm began as white fire erupting at the base of his cock. He howled in blissful ecstasy as he plunged over the crest and poured his seed into her. His body sagged, and he lay still on her body. Between that, and her ice-cold flesh, he cooled down.

Her tiny kisses pressed to his neck, gentle at first, but rising in urgency. Suddenly, the twin points of her fangs pierced the soft flesh.

He lay there, tired and full of sexual euphoria, the sucking sounds loud in the stillness. His loins grew into an iron-hard tumescence as he began to enjoy it.

Aimee stopped, and shoved his loose-limbed body away. Dazed, he saw as she rolled to the end of the bed. She crouched, a trickle of blood trailing from the edge of her mouth to her chin and drip-dripping down to the sheet. The odor of sex and the blood perfumed the room. He sat up. His hand tight on his aching shaft, he pulled at it, seeking relief.

“My girl.”

“No, I’m not. You gave me pleasure and then what do I do? I let my baser instincts take over. You fucked me, filling me, and my fangs penetrated your neck and with them I fucked you, stealing your blood. I’m a real bitch, nothing but a blood whore.”

He watched her as she scrabbled for her clothing frantically. Frightened, Evan knew he had to stop her. If he didn’t, she’d leave him and he would never see her again. Nothing mattered. Not even that she was a vampire or that he was an aging man. He knew hope again. He never felt as alive as when he was with her. He sat on the edge of the mattress, reaching out for her.

“Don’t go, Aimee. I love you.”

She paused, her T-shirt and jeans clutched in her hands. No longer red, her eyes had returned to their blue color. Instead of pale marble, a crimson color flushed her flesh. His blood had done that for her. He had let her feed off of him and yet, she still was going to leave him, maybe never come back. His heart pounded hard, hurting his chest.

“It doesn’t matter, Evan, If we stay together I’ll continue to feed off you like some loathsome leech and one day, either you’ll be dead, or like me.

“I love you too much to do that to you.”

He stared as she drew the T-shirt over her head, covering her naked breasts. Completely dressed, she turned to him, tears of blood welling up in her eyes. He wanted to wipe them away. Instead he sat there, unsure of what to do.

The next moment she stood at the window, opened it, and a slight breeze wafted in, the hint of dead leaves and autumn flowers with it. She blew him a kiss and shifted into smoke, drifting out with the breeze. Her voice carried back to him, growing fainter.

” Good bye, Sweet Thing.”

“Aimee, come back.”

He ran to the window. His scream echoed in the night. The echo bounced off the trees and boomeranged back to him. Only the sounds of crickets chirping answered him. Slumping against the sill, Evan gave in to the despair that tore through his soul. He sobbed in agony at the fresh wound of losing Aimee all over again.

Karenne
June 13th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Why do you love to write/read Paranormal books?

Veronica Wilde
June 13th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Because I've been fascinated by paranormal things since I was a kid. I grew up in a mildly haunted house and later worked in a haunted office. I love anything to do with ghosts and so I've written a few books about them. I also have a series out about witchcraft and I'm writing my first vamp/shifter book.

A good book is always a true escape for me, a way to forget about the harsh realities of the real world... and if it's paranormal, that just heightens the sense of being in a different world.

Veronica

rgraham666
June 13th, 2007, 10:10 AM

In my case, it's a way to explore the human experience.

Vampires are a dark avatar of human beings. They have drives, lusts, just as humans do. Vampires have power, just as humans do.

So, through my vampires, I can explore humanity, say things about what they are and what they do.

I can best sum it up in this paragraph from In The Dark (http://www.aspenmountainpress.com/paranormal/romance/in-the-dark/prod_42.html).

“And one thing I will explain is that things won’t be that different. Humans have dark drives as well. Many fall to them, revel in them. But we and they have the same free will. We don’t have to act as the monsters in us dictate.” I emphasize the ‘have’. “We can be restrained, careful, even good. It is our choice. It’s always our choice.”

As you can no doubt tell, I'm a convicted existentialist. ;)

Also, there's a lot of wish fulfillment involved. I can't seduce a nun. Or pick up a car and hit someone with it.:biggrin:

rgraham666
June 13th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Very interesting excerpt for My Girl, Sapphire. So emotional and intense.

Veronica Wilde
June 13th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Here's a little taste of my paranormal that came out last month... Haunted in Hawaii. It's got Polynesian ghosts, a hot surfer/anthropologist and lots of steamy island love... ;)

When perfumer Jessica Halston is hired to create a fragrance embodying the beauty of the tropics, she heads to Hawaii on the research trip of her dreams. Amidst the tiki idols and moonlight, she’s hoping for a little romance – but nothing prepares her for the dark and sexy Dr. Jet Atwood, an anthropologist devoted to preserving the magic and superstition of the islands.

A firelit beach ceremony ignites sparks of passion for Jessica and Jet. But while they’re burning up the sensual Hawaiian nights with white-hot lust, Jessica’s arrogant boss is burning with jealousy. Determined to come between them, he frames Jessica for an outrageous insult to the goddess Pele – and unleashes a cavalcade of furious Hawaiian ghosts and gods.

Overnight Jessica’s life becomes a desperate attempt to escape long-dead Hawaiian warriors, malicious forest spirits and one very angry goddess. To lift the curse and save her life, she must persuade Jet’s paranormal researchers of her innocence – and persuade Jet to return to her open arms.

Excerpt - rated PG

Jessica ran up toward the dark and looming hotel. At least there was a road there that led back to civilization. Her leg muscles screamed in pain and her breath came raggedly, but she pushed on, desperate to escape the sense of dread swelling in the night. Yet as she reached the hotel, she realized the drums she heard were coming from the very road she had counted on using for her escape.

She looked wildly around. In the only other direction lay the cliffs that dropped off to the sea.

Desperate and out of ideas, she charged up to the doors to the dark hotel and pulled on them. To her astonishment, they opened easily.

Immediately the sounds of the drumming outside were cut off. She took a deep breath of relief as her eyes adjusted to the dark hotel. Moonlight spilled through the tall ceilings of the lobby, casting the ornately decorated sofas and wooden tables in a silvery glow. Tentatively she took a few more steps into the silent building, wondering if the phones might still work. She squinted through the dark, identifying what looked like the reception desk.

The slither of her footsteps over the carpet sounded ridiculously loud. Her ragged breath seemed to echo in the cavernous lobby. Feeling the bump of the polished wooden counter, she slid along its edge until she found a curving entrance behind the desk. Quickly she groped about for the blessed feel of a telephone. She found papers, an abandoned pen, something dry that felt like mouse droppings. At last her fingers closed on the cool ceramic of a telephone.

She lifted the receiver to her ear, but the phone line was dead.

She slowly replaced it, adjusting to this fact. Okay. So she couldn’t call for help. She could still wait out the night in the hotel, letting the warrior ghosts outside march to their hearts content. It wasn’t as if they would march inside the hotel… would they? Then her blood turned cold as she recalled Jet telling her that guests had reported seeing warriors in the hotel corridors outside their rooms.

She slipped out from behind the reception desk. Somewhere there had to be something in this huge resort that she could use as a weapon if she needed to. She walked down the hall, wondering if the restaurant kitchen might still be stocked with knives. Her eyes had adjusted to the moonlit halls quite well by now and she felt confident that if she just kept her cool, she could find the resort dining rooms.

Then she began to hear music. It wasn’t the drums and flutes of the Night Marchers. It was a sweet, melodic Hawaiian music. She drew back yet as soon as she did, a door opened on the floor above her. Footsteps were clearly audible overhead. Another door opened and shut. Also growing was the hum of muted voices, all carrying on in different conversations.

<O:p</O:p
It was as if the resort was coming to life. Turning rapidly, she was startled to see the wispy forms of multiple people solifidying in the hotel lobby, watching her from the leather sofas and mahogany reception desk. More were drifting down the hall toward her.

Stifling a scream, she ran back out the lobby doors. Her worst fear was that the door would be locked, but they opened easily and she ran out into the fresh night air. The drumming of the Night Marchers had grown louder, sounding close by, but she no longer cared. She headed at a diagonal across the back lawn of the resort, its dry creeks and overgrown bushes a blur in her eye, and rounded the corner toward the front grounds. And then she stopped dead.

The moonlit parking lot was full of warriors. Just like in her nightmares, the face-painted Night Marchers were coming toward the hotel with torches in their hands as others beat relentlessly on their drums.

In unison, they stopped marching. The drumbeats ceased. Then they stopped and turned in lockstep to face her.

Complete terror swept through her body. She felt cold and sick and close to fainting. And then as the front row of warriors raised their torches, her consciousness deserted her and she crumpled to the ground.

Jeanne Barrack
June 13th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Why do I write paranromal/fantasy romance? Because I love to build worlds where people do what I want 8>) Well, that isn't always true; sometimes the characters do exactly what they want to do - even to choosing their own names! In my latest from Loose Id, "The Crystal Flacon", I had one character who refused to listen to me until I gave him the correct name - and this was the villain! You can't let the villain have his own way, why he might run amuck!!! <g>
But I do love it when my hero runs a little crazy, a little jealous.
I'll post an excerpt showing you exactly what I mean.
Jeanne
Visit at: http://www.jeannebarrack.com
The Collector 5: The Crystal Flacon
http://www.loose-id.com/detail.aspx?ID=410
http://www.collector-series.com
The Collector series - a journey to magic and romance
http://www.leagueofamazingwriters.com/index2.html

Karenne
June 13th, 2007, 11:25 AM
There is a fine line between Sci-Fi and Fantasy and a broader line between those and Paranormal. They have a tendency..in my opinion...to come close to crossing over the line.

What do you think the main detemination as to why something is classified as a Paranormal and not a Fantasy?

Jeanne Barrack
June 13th, 2007, 11:33 AM
I only write paranormal/fantasy romance and love to write hot, hot stories!
I grew up reading the classic fantasy and sf writers like Heinlein, Bradbury, Asimov, Norton, etc. When I fell for romances and decided towrite I knew I had to bring the two together - marry them <g>
Here's an excerpt from my latest parnormal contemporary romance from Loose Id with the blurb. The stories in the series are stand alones and can be read out of order

The Collector 5: The Crystal Flacon by Jeanne Barrack
Available now: http://www.loose-id.com/detail.aspx?ID=410

BLURB:

Abby Foster, owner of Nannies, International, has been commissioned by the secretive Collector to obtain the Crystal Flacon, believed to have been in the possession of the infamous Lucrezia Borgia and to contain a magical aphrodisiac. But why should a nanny be set such a task? Seems Abby has secrets of her own. She also runs Finding Justice, an organization dedicated to returning art and other treasures lost during WWII to their rightful owners. With the specialized skills she's gained, getting the Flacon should be easy. She isn't counting on channeling Lucrezia through visions and dreams or falling for Antonio, duke d'Este, the present day owner of the Flacon.

Antonio d'Este, the direct descendent of Lucrezia Borgia, is a modern man with modern problems. A recent widower, he needs a nanny to take care of his five year old daughter while he prepares for the launching of "Lucrezia", the new scent for Borgia, the family-owned perfumery. Inspired by the stunning Crystal Flacon, Antonio focuses everything on making "Lucrezia" a success. He has no time for the distraction posed by the beautiful nanny or the strange effect making love with her has on him.

When someone attacks the perfumery, destroying property, disrupting projects in an attempt to ruin the company and killing innocent people, they both need a change of plans. Together, using Abby's skills honed while working for Finding Justice, they must find the saboteur, before everything they love is lost.

EXCERPT:

“Antonio, you’re hurting me. What’s wrong?” She tried to pull back, but his grip was too strong. In any other situation, she would have used her physical training and forced him to release her. Now, she’d have to use her wits. “I thought you’d be happy to see me.”
He fondled her ass, swaying with her in the middle of the room. “I am happy to see you.” He grinned wolfishly. “Can’t you tell?” His hands moved up to her waist. “I’ve thought about you the past three days.” One hand cupped her breast and pinched her nipple. “Thought about fucking you.”

Abby’s mind raced. Suddenly, she didn’t feel safe with him. She remembered all the stories about his male ancestors -- Alexander, Cesare, and Juan. They took what they wanted when they wanted. And Antonio wanted her now.

“Please, tell me why you’re so angry with me? I missed you so much. I couldn’t wait till you returned to the villa.”

He smiled. “I can’t wait, either.” He lifted her and carried her into his office. An enormous, ornate desk filled most of the area. He set her down in front of it, his eyes gleaming with anticipation. “Turn around.”

Abby took a deep breath and complied. She had wanted this. Wanted to feel his body pressed against her backside. He had never hurt her and she had to believe he wouldn’t now.

She turned.

“Take off your bra and shirt. Unzip your pants and take down your panties. I’m going to give you what we both want.”

With unsteady fingers, Abby undid her jeans. She was wearing cotton high-rise briefs today, preferring them under her denims. The cool breeze of the air-conditioner wafted across her butt as she pulled down the briefs, letting them and her jeans pool around her ankles. She pulled off her top and demibra and her nipples pebbled. She listened intently and heard the hiss of Antonio’s zipper as he opened his pants. She closed her eyes as she envisioned his cock springing free.

“Now, bend over and grab the edge of the desk. If you stretch as far as you can, you can do it. Spread your legs.”

She leaned over, her naked breasts sticking to the oiled leather top. As he had told her, if she reached forward as far as she could, she could just catch the opposite side of the desk.

“You sound like you’ve done this here before.”

“No, but I’ve spent the last few days thinking about doing it with you.” And now she could feel his prick nudging her ass. “Thinking about this.” And he slowly entered a thick, moistened finger in her from the rear. “You’re tight. You haven’t done this with too many others, have you?”

Abby clenched. “I haven’t done this with anyone at all.”

“You mean there is one position in which you are still…untouched?” And he thrust his finger deeper. “Shall I continue?”

Abby arched away from the desk. “Yes, yes. Please, please, don’t stop now.”

He reached around and caressed her belly, his fingers delving in the curls between her legs. His breath rasped in her ear. “Didn’t you get enough at lunch?” And his hand slipped upward to cup her breast.

“What do you mean?”

“I saw you at the trattoria.” And he pressed his cock deep, moving against her, pistoning, pumping.

Abby moaned, caught too deeply in the sensations drowning her as Antonio took her, to understand what he said. Over and over, he moved inside her until she came to a screaming climax with him joining her. He slipped from her, kicked off his pants and then freed her ankles from her jeans and panties.

Picking her up, he carried her over to the leather loveseat set against one wall and sat down with her facing him on his lap. He teased the curls shielding her core and played with her breasts, hefting the weight in his hand. A satisfied smile drifted across his face. “I forgive you.”

She sat up, pushing his hands away. “What the hell do you mean? And what were you talking about earlier?”

“I saw you with a man at the trattoria. A man you kissed and who kissed you. A man who laughed with you.”

“You idiot!” She punched his shoulder. “Maria sure did a number on you. That was the grandfather of one of my earlier charges. He lives in Italy. I called him up to talk over old times. He’s a darling, but a very big flirt. He was quite the ladies’ man in his youth.” The half-truths spilled easily. Most of what she said was true. Most, but not everything. But how could she tell Antonio everything? At least now she knew why he had seemed so pissed to see her. Jealous.

He tilted up her face and looked into her eyes. What he saw seemed to reassure him. “Is this true? I am such a fool.” He sighed. “You are right. That woman did poison me. Please, bella, forgive me. I should have known you are nothing like her. You are too honest.”

Abby buried her face against his neck, hiding her eyes from his. In one way he was right. She would never cheat on him. But honest?

“Let me make it up to you.” His hands continued to caress her. He lifted her mouth to his and possessed it. Shifting, he slowly entered her. She balanced her hands on his shoulders and started a gentle rocking movement. As he thrust harder and faster, she gripped him tighter and tighter, her nails digging into him. She fell forward, her head resting against his as he continued to move within her.

He whispered one word over and over and she replied in kind.

“Mine.”

“Yours.”

rgraham666
June 13th, 2007, 11:36 AM
There is a fine line between Sci-Fi and Fantasy and a broader line between those and Paranormal. They have a tendency..in my opinion...to come close to crossing over the line.

What do you think the main detemination as to why something is classified as a Paranormal and not a Fantasy?

In my opinion, a paranormal takes place in our world. The continents are in the same place, the history is the same for the most part. The politics is the same and the people in it are of the cultures we've developed over the millennia.

Added to this are elements of our superstitions and myths; vampires, werewolves, fairies, ghosts, etc. The fact that these things are a part of our lives and knowledge, even if we don't believe in them, adds a unique flavour to a paranormal tale.

Sela Carsen
June 13th, 2007, 12:15 PM
In my opinion, a paranormal takes place in our world. The continents are in the same place, the history is the same for the most part. The politics is the same and the people in it are of the cultures we've developed over the millennia.

I'll agree with Rob on this question. Fantasy is an other-worldly proposition to me, as opposed to paranormal, which is, by definition, a step (or more) beyond what we consider normal in this world.

I think the line blurs most when there's an "alternate earth" setting. Where at some moment in history, paths diverged creating a culture that, though similar in some ways, is intrinsically different than what we experience now.

Jeanne Barrack
June 13th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Karenne said:

Rob said:In my opinion, a paranormal takes place in our world. The continents are in the same place, the history is the same for the most part. The politics is the same and the people in it are of the cultures we've developed over the millennia.
Added to this are elements of our superstitions and myths; vampires, werewolves, fairies, ghosts, etc. The fact that these things are a part of our lives and knowledge, even if we don't believe in them, adds a unique flavour to a paranormal tale.
Here's my take:
But the lines continue to blur between fantasy and paranormal. To some, fairies, sidhe are fantasy even though they exist in our world. Paranormal seems more to include magic and wizards. I actually prefer the two earlier, broader terms used - simply SF and fantasy. This to me is a much clearer definition.
SF involves science/technology and most likely aliens/space travel
Fantasy includes magic, fairies, werewolves, vampires, etc.
But perhaps another "good" term might be "speculative fiction" in a broad sense. You can speculate that werewolves exist or that we will meet aliens. This gives you free range to put forth the idea that being a werewolf is d/t genetics or becoming a hulk might be d/t a science experiment gone awry.

Then we as romance writers add the relationship issues and voila
romantic speculative fiction
Jeanne

Sela Carsen
June 13th, 2007, 12:33 PM
My novella, HEART OF THE SEA, will be released as part of the Celtic Love and Lore anthology from Samhain in November. The other authors in the collection are Carolan Ivey and Gia Dawn. The titles will be published individually as e-books, and combined for the trade paperback release.

Can the promise of true love overcome the bitterness and hatred of a Selkie’s curse?
Ronan Burbank had it all. Wealth, privilege, a thriving company that he ran expertly. But one tragedy turns everything he touches to ash.
Meriel Byrne’s life had been going so well until the day she fell into the sea off the Rhode Island coast. The moment her body touched the water, a curse that had been forgotten generations ago burst into life, transforming her into a mythical creature of the ocean, a Selkie.
Seven years later, rough seas put a lone sailor in danger and Meriel saves him when his boat capsizes. Once on the shore, however, magic overcomes her and she becomes human for a day. The half-drowned sailor turns out to be Ronan Burbank, but not as she remembers him.
Anger and grief at what life has done to them turns to desire as they find common ground and the beginning of love, but despite all her efforts, the curse comes true.
Love, however, is always stronger than evil, though sometimes the battle takes longer than expected. Magic changes them and saves their lives. True love begins in the Heart of the Sea.

Sela Carsen
June 13th, 2007, 12:42 PM
It was cold! Meriel hated being cold and it was always fricking freezing in the North Atlantic, even in late April. She longed for home down in Tennessee and tried to remember what a summer’s night felt like. It was no use. Even under layers of blubber and fur, she was still human and still cold.

Seven years had passed since she fell into the waters of Block Island Sound in Rhode Island. She should have died. There had even been days early on when she wished she had. But nope. Not her. She was cursed.

No, seriously.

Cursed.

Meriel Byrne had turned into a Selkie.

Seven years ago, she’d thought impressing her boss was important. Since then, she’d learned otherwise. Now, finding fish was important. Staying away from seal-eating killer whales was important. Fending off the damn real seals who wanted to mate with her was important!

“Back off, fur face!” she barked at an importunate male. “I am not your girlfriend du jour. A) We’re in open water, not the rookery, B) it’s not mating season, and C) just yuck. Call me politically incorrect, but I don’t think I can go for the whole interspecies thing.”

She grumbled to herself as she dove away from him. If she’d known how attractive she was as a Selkie, she wouldn’t have worried so much about shaving her legs when she was human.

A lone halibut, separated from its school, swam past her. Lunch time. In a burst of speed, she chomped down on it and swallowed.

If she ever regained her human form, Meriel swore she would never, ever eat sushi again.

Sela Carsen
June 13th, 2007, 01:01 PM

What was it Anne of Green Gables said? There's scope for imagination! Personally, I've always found it intriguing to explore how ordinary people react under extraordinary circumstances -- and what could be more extraordinary than delving into the paranormal?

Karenne
June 13th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Do you think the Paranormal 'book' field has grown in the last 15 years? Or do you think it is more of a public recognition, more popular with readers, etc?

Anyone publish paranormal books in the past and see a difference now?

cherierj
June 13th, 2007, 01:25 PM
I am enjoying these great excerpts! I have a Question for all you authors to answer. What kind of research do you do for your books?

Karenne
June 13th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Writers wanted..

We have this new thing...yes, my creative mind going crazy sometimes from to much coffee...and I would love for some of the authors to pop in and add a paranormal twist to it.

Coffee Write (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=255) Looking for that little something to get your creative juices flowing? What about a fun way to use your imagination? Once a month we have a new way to expand your imagination and use your writing skills or improve your writing skills. We will provide a beginning of a story, the genre to use, and you provide your version of the story should go.

(apologizes for throwing in my plug)

Timerunner7
June 13th, 2007, 01:37 PM
My name is Tara Newlands and I love paranormal romance novels. I am the author of THE DREAM KING. It is a urban paranormal romance novel set in Arizona, published by Lavender Isis Press last month.

Here's a short blurb for it:

At the beginning of each night during the witching hour, Amanda Carson travels to a place veiled with illusion and lives for the touch of a forgotten love. A man unlike any other calls to her across a shadowed midnight world. She relives magical battles and the heated caresses of a man who seems more alive that any dream. But, little does she realize that the man of her dreams is indeed real and seeking her with the greatest of intensity.

__________________________________________________ __

HeartFelt Promos
June 13th, 2007, 01:44 PM
http://www.laraadrian.com/images/covers/kissOfCrimson150px.jpg Kiss of Crimson
by Lara Adrian
Dell Books ~ 416 pages
ISBN: 978-0-553-58938-2
On sale May 29, 2007
SUMMARY (http://www.laraadrian.com/crimson.php) | EXCERPT (http://www.laraadrian.com/crimson.php#excerpt)

SNEAK PEEK! To read the first four chapters of Kiss of Crimson and be eligible to win an autographed copy of the book before it releases, sign up for my newsletter today!

Timerunner7
June 13th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Hi, Cherierj

That was an interesting question. Some of my topics and research come from leading paranormal websites, from my own strange experiences and listening to the experiences of others.

You never know where a hot topic can come from, I've gotten story ideas from from walking in the mall and seeing the strange way that we humans can act!

------------------------------------------------
Tara Newlands
Author : The Dream King, publisher: Lavender Isis Press
featured writer: The Book of Thoth - Wisdom of the Ages, publisher - Reality entertainment/press - summer 2007

rgraham666
June 13th, 2007, 01:52 PM
I am enjoying these great excerpts! I have a Question for all you authors to answer. What kind of research do you do for your books?

Very little actually. I generally write about things I know, or can make up.

I once did some research on horses for a story. Don't know much about them. I needed one of a particular colour for one character. And my source caused me to change the horse for the other. I was going to use a stallion but she pointed out that's really stereotypical. And stallions are damned near impossible to control. So I took the horse's nuts off. ;)

I'll have to change my research habits soon. I'll be writing stories about my vampire's past. So I'll be reading up on different places and times to make sure I get them right.

Timerunner7
June 13th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Hi, Tara Newlands here! There is an excerpt from my current release from Lavender Isis Press:

The veil that separated her from him had thinned and Amanda had to live again the moment they were parted. It was the beginning of the witching hour. She laid in partial darkness. Her bedroom was an eerie shade of darkness that was barely pierced by the risen full moon just outside. There wasn’t a sound inside the darkened room or on the grounds below her second story bedroom window except for the relentless ticking of the lit neon clock beside her. Her head was aching with tension and it felt as if it were about to split with pain.
In that inky blackness there was sudden movement. It was an unnatural shift in the air that made her sit up with a start. Amanda could feel goose pimples lightly move across the exposed skin of her arms while phantom shadows began to move just beyond her line of sight.
She was rendered speechless as tension rose in her throat at the sound of voices reaching her ears. The sound was a low murmuring that gained strength cutting into the quiet space, yet it sounded wrong as if it were echoing across a vast open space.
She was gripped in a sea of confusion as she tried to comprehend what she was hearing and what her night blind eyes struggled to see. Suddenly as if a window in time had opened she was gripped by a vision.
Two figures stood in opposition to each other in front of her dazed eyes in a silver grey warehouse. A single overhead light was shinning down on them. From their robed still figures came a quiet murmuring while they stood still highlighted against a backdrop of wooden crates and a dust covered stone floor.
<O:pThe voices of the still figures were muffled by the heavy wool of the cloaks they each wore. By the height and timber of the low muffled sounds, the cloaked robed figures appeared to be those of two men.
“This isn’t real,” Amanda whispered softly shutting her eyes against the sight. Pushing her legs over the side of the bed she walked on unsteady feet toward her bathroom. She was sweating profusely in stark contrast to the cold dim room.
She feared what she might have carried over into reality from her solitary nocturnal journey. But, the sounds in the darkness and the movement in the stillness brought her greater fear. Slowly, hesitantly with her heart beating wildly within her chest like butterfly wings striking a metal cage, she reached for the overhead light.
The solitary light from the bathroom barely cut into the darkness of the otherwise still room. Everything appeared normal. There was a blue easy chair and pine wood nightstand standing in front of a picturesque window overlooking the outside gardens of her second story apartment. Nothing was amiss or out of place within her bedroom, except for the strange spectre image and its ghostly combatants.
The voices grew bolder, clearer and louder. And they seemed to echo within the warehouse’s large stone space.
Amanda’s eyes felt as if they were rolling within their sockets like a horses might when in the grip of terror, as she gazed into the bathroom mirror at the trace remnant of a different time and place. With her breath escaping in a succession of pants, she turned to face the spectral movie playing before her.
“You can’t have her, Octavian! She’s mine.”

rgraham666
June 13th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Another little taste of In The Dark (http://www.aspenmountainpress.com/paranormal/romance/in-the-dark/prod_42.html).

Enjoy.

Merde! I look at the platform clock. It reads 12:10 AM.

I roll my eyes at that. The world working the way it does the time means I may have missed Diane. Of course the night she arrives will be the one where I’ve allowed myself to be distracted.

It’s difficult to keep myself reined in as I race through the station. However throwing people out of the way like small kittens would probably not be a good idea.

I climb into a cab, direct him to Le Fin. The driver must read my mood for he hurries more than a little. He lets me off in front of my café. Blindly, I shove some money at him for my supposition is correct.

Diane sits at the table I was at earlier. Her back is to the street. Elbows are set on the table and I can tell her face is buried in her hands. Her slumped shoulders shout out her physical state, exhausted.

My soul twinges at that. I rush over to the table. And pull up short, a couple of steps away from her. I am, to my surprise, scared. Inadvertently I’ve played with her emotions again. I wonder how she’ll react, I fear it will be with anger and disdain. Standing for several long seconds I square my shoulders and speak.

“Bon soir, chére. Comment-allez vous?”

Diane’s head snaps up. And that’s all for what seems like an eternity.

I don’t move. I won’t until I’m sure.

She sets her hands on the table and draws a deep breath. The next moment she stands, shoving her chair back. It almost hits me. Letting her breath out, Diane draws another deep one. She turns to face me.

Mon amour, je suis tellement désolé! My love, I’m so sorry! My heart, unbeating and cold though it is, almost breaks at the sight of her.

Those once bright eyes of hers are nearly empty now. Her face has more lines. They show that she has carried a great burden of pain and loneliness. Her mouth, those sweet lips, once wore an easy smile. Now they support a loose grimace.

We stare at each other for a protracted instant. And her face changes.

The emptiness vanishes and her eyes glisten with tears. Her new lines smooth, disappear. Her mouth pulls up, the corners drawing into the beginning of a smile. But her lips tremble.

And then our arms are wrapped around each other.

I can feel her heart hammering. I hope she doesn’t notice that mine is silent. But it would if it could. That familiar warmth envelops me.

“Georges,” she whispers, “don’t ever do that again.”

“I won’t,” I tell her. "We'll be together from now on."

HeartFelt Promos
June 13th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Why vampires? Two of the most powerful human emotions are fear and desire. They rule many of our actions when we're awake, and they inspire the most vivid dreams when we're asleep. The allure of the vampire throughout the ages has been the twining of these two emotions--we fear him, yet his darkness is the very thing that makes him so compelling, so incredibly desirable. We can never be sure if we're completely safe with him, yet we can't stay away. We want to know more, even at our own peril. Vampires as heroes in romantic fiction speak to the most basic instincts we know. They are the ultimate bad boy, and who among us can resist that kind of allure?

I hope you enjoy the world of the Midnight Breed, which launches with back-to-back releases in May and June. Thanks for stopping by!

http://www.laraadrian.com/images/covers/kissOfMidnight150px.jpg Kiss of Midnight
by Lara Adrian <!-- longdesc="images/covers/kissOfMidnight100px.jpg" -->

Dell Books ~ 432 pages
ISBN: 978-0-553-58937-5
On sale May 1, 2007
SUMMARY (http://www.laraadrian.com/midnight.php) | EXCERPT (http://www.laraadrian.com/midnight.php#excerpt)

cherierj
June 13th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Wow! That is fascinating! The paranormal is such a wonderful genre. There is so much material out there. As a reader, I am fascinated by how authors use the variety of material out there and come out with such exciting stories to enjoy. It is a genre I can't imagine ever getting tired of reading.

Hi, Cherierj

That was an interesting question. Some of my topics and research come from leading paranormal websites, from my own strange experiences and listening to the experiences of others.

You never know where a hot topic can come from, I've gotten story ideas from from walking in the mall and seeing the strange way that we humans can act!

------------------------------------------------
Tara Newlands
Author : The Dream King, publisher: Lavender Isis Press
featured writer: The Book of Thoth - Wisdom of the Ages, publisher - Reality entertainment/press - summer 2007

HeartFelt Promos
June 13th, 2007, 02:03 PM
<TABLE height=1292 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=800 border=0 showgridx showgridy cool gridx="16" gridy="16"><TBODY><TR height=34><TD vAlign=top align=left width=72 height=363 rowSpan=2 xpos="28"></TD><TD width=202 colSpan=2 height=34></TD><TD width=17 height=1185 rowSpan=7></TD><TD width=379 height=34>Jacquelyn Frank</TD><TD width=53 height=1185 rowSpan=7></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width=48 height=363 rowSpan=2 xpos="751"></TD><TD width=1 height=34><SPACER width="1" type="block" height="34"></TD></TR><TR height=329><TD vAlign=top align=left width=202 colSpan=2 height=329 xpos="100">http://www.jacquelynfrank.com/graphics/JACOB-.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0821780654/ref=pd_rvi_gw_1/104-2721076-6339110?ie=UTF8)</TD><TD vAlign=top width=379 height=1103 rowSpan=5 xpos="319" content csheight="956">The Nightwalkers Download an Excerpt from Jacob (http://www.jacquelynfrank.com/FirstChapterJacobExcerpt.doc)

Jacob the Enforcer belongs to one of the many Nightwalker races that thrive on the dark of night. He has a job to do for his species and it's rather straightforward. He polices his people. During the full moon their animal urge to mate overcomes them, and if they stay within their race they never need to encounter the Enforcer. But if they cross the line and turn their lust to another species...say humans...it's Jacob's duty to prevent them and then to punish them severely for it. As this 'madness' grows worse and worse for his people, there is hardly a family who hasn't felt the brutal sting of Jacob's justice. Punishment is so dire and so feared, Jacob can call very few others his friend and the life the Enforcer leads is a very solitary one.

Then one night during a hunt for one of his own, he encounters the first human woman who will tempt him in all of his 622 years of life. Isabella is a simple Bronx gal who works at her local library, lives with her sister and owns a cat. She hardly expects a night of moongazing to change her life forever and send her falling for a man like Jacob in all kinds of outrageous ways. Heck, she certainly doesn't expect that he isn't exactly a 'man'... although he sure looks like one, smells like one and boy-oh-boy does he feel like one!

As for the Enforcer, Jacob finds himself tempted beyond reason, needing Isabella to the point that he begins to strain against every law he has always upheld.

But before long the couple finds themselves fighting for their lives against evil, Jacob's bretheren, and even their own desires for each other. How can they find the way to resist one another before Jacob faces his own punishments...or before Bella ends up dead, torn up from the animal passion inside of him that she, as a human, is too frail to ever endure?
</TD><TD width=1 height=329><SPACER width="1" type="block" height="329"></TD></TR><TR height=53><TD width=72 height=1003 rowSpan=6></TD><TD vAlign=top width=202 colSpan=2 height=53 xpos="100" content csheight="37">'The Nightwalkers: Jacob
In Stores Now</TD><TD width=48 height=1003 rowSpan=6></TD><TD width=1 height=53><SPACER width="1" type="block" height="53"></TD></TR><TR height=336><TD vAlign=top align=left width=202 colSpan=2 height=336 xpos="100">http://www.jacquelynfrank.com/graphics/Gideon.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/Gideon-Nightwalkers-Jacquelyn-Frank/dp/0821780662/sr=8)</TD><TD width=1 height=336><SPACER width="1" type="block" height="336"></TD></TR><TR height=47><TD vAlign=top width=202 colSpan=2 height=47 xpos="100" content csheight="35">'The Nightwalkers: Gideon
Coming May 29th, 2007</TD><TD width=1 height=47><SPACER width="1" type="block" height="47"></TD></TR><TR height=338><TD vAlign=top align=left width=202 colSpan=2 height=338 xpos="100">http://www.jacquelynfrank.com/graphics/ELIJAHlg.jpg</TD><TD width=1 height=338><SPACER width="1" type="block" height="338"></TD></TR><TR height=48><TD vAlign=top width=202 colSpan=2 height=48 xpos="100" content csheight="35">'The Nightwalkers: Elijah
Coming December 2007</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

cherierj
June 13th, 2007, 02:04 PM
I am intrigued by this story. Do you have a website where I can read more about your work? I did not see a link in your post.

Hi, Tara Newlands here! There is an excerpt from my current release from Lavender Isis Press:

The veil that separated her from him had thinned and Amanda had to live again the moment they were parted. It was the beginning of the witching hour. She laid in partial darkness. Her bedroom was an eerie shade of darkness that was barely pierced by the risen full moon just outside. There wasn’t a sound inside the darkened room or on the grounds below her second story bedroom window except for the relentless ticking of the lit neon clock beside her. Her head was aching with tension and it felt as if it were about to split with pain.
In that inky blackness there was sudden movement. It was an unnatural shift in the air that made her sit up with a start. Amanda could feel goose pimples lightly move across the exposed skin of her arms while phantom shadows began to move just beyond her line of sight.
She was rendered speechless as tension rose in her throat at the sound of voices reaching her ears. The sound was a low murmuring that gained strength cutting into the quiet space, yet it sounded wrong as if it were echoing across a vast open space.
She was gripped in a sea of confusion as she tried to comprehend what she was hearing and what her night blind eyes struggled to see. Suddenly as if a window in time had opened she was gripped by a vision.
Two figures stood in opposition to each other in front of her dazed eyes in a silver grey warehouse. A single overhead light was shinning down on them. From their robed still figures came a quiet murmuring while they stood still highlighted against a backdrop of wooden crates and a dust covered stone floor.
<O:pThe voices of the still figures were muffled by the heavy wool of the cloaks they each wore. By the height and timber of the low muffled sounds, the cloaked robed figures appeared to be those of two men.
“This isn’t real,” Amanda whispered softly shutting her eyes against the sight. Pushing her legs over the side of the bed she walked on unsteady feet toward her bathroom. She was sweating profusely in stark contrast to the cold dim room.
She feared what she might have carried over into reality from her solitary nocturnal journey. But, the sounds in the darkness and the movement in the stillness brought her greater fear. Slowly, hesitantly with her heart beating wildly within her chest like butterfly wings striking a metal cage, she reached for the overhead light.
The solitary light from the bathroom barely cut into the darkness of the otherwise still room. Everything appeared normal. There was a blue easy chair and pine wood nightstand standing in front of a picturesque window overlooking the outside gardens of her second story apartment. Nothing was amiss or out of place within her bedroom, except for the strange spectre image and its ghostly combatants.
The voices grew bolder, clearer and louder. And they seemed to echo within the warehouse’s large stone space.
Amanda’s eyes felt as if they were rolling within their sockets like a horses might when in the grip of terror, as she gazed into the bathroom mirror at the trace remnant of a different time and place. With her breath escaping in a succession of pants, she turned to face the spectral movie playing before her.
“You can’t have her, Octavian! She’s mine.”

cherierj
June 13th, 2007, 02:06 PM
How interesting! Thanks for sharing!

Very little actually. I generally write about things I know, or can make up.

I once did some research on horses for a story. Don't know much about them. I needed one of a particular colour for one character. And my source caused me to change the horse for the other. I was going to use a stallion but she pointed out that's really stereotypical. And stallions are damned near impossible to control. So I took the horse's nuts off. ;)

I'll have to change my research habits soon. I'll be writing stories about my vampire's past. So I'll be reading up on different places and times to make sure I get them right.

Sela Carsen
June 13th, 2007, 02:07 PM

For HEART OF THE SEA, I did a lot of research on my location -- Rhode Island -- and I admit I played with the topography a little. ;) I researched old selkie myths as well as facts about gray seals.

For NOT QUITE DEAD, my previous release from Samhain, I also did a fair bit of research on my setting in Louisiana.

Other books, like my historical short story set in Renaissance Venice, required many, many more hours of research.

I usually do my research as I go. I let the story fly on what I already know about the subject, then fill in or fix details as needed.

HeartFelt Promos
June 13th, 2007, 02:08 PM
The Latest News:

RT gave In Darkness Reborn 4 &#189; stars and a TOP PICK!
Romantic Times:
"Morgan pulls out the stops in this action-packed romance. From book one of the Paladins of Darkness series, Barak the Other has been a most intriguing character. Now forbidden love and ancient enmity fuel the passion that makes this story unforgettable. Kudos to Morgan for creating such compelling universe and haunting characters."
Congratulations to the winners of autographed advanced readers copy of
IN DARKNESS REBORN: Annie Budoin for remembering Trahern liked snickerdoodles, and to Chris Casteel for pointing out that Laurel Young made him chocolate chip cookies in Dark Protector.
My new day for blogging at THE MIDNIGHT HOUR is Thursday.
Check out my interview in the July edition of Romantic Times in the Clubhouse section.

"This is so hot!" -
USA Today bestselling author Susan Sizemore

Many opposites rule the ebb and flow of our lives: night and day, winter and summer, youth and age. Throughout history, men and women have drawn comfort from the natural way of things. But they also know that wherever the grasping fingers of darkness reach out to the bright beauty of the light, shadows lurk.
Deep within the Earth, our world shares a border with another: a world filled with darkness and evil. Its pale citizens covet the light that man takes for granted. A fragile barrier keeps the two worlds separate, but when the continents shift or a volcano erupts in fury, that barrier is breached. Then the Others pour through, bringing their darkness with them, tainting all that they touch.
As in days of old, Paladins stand ready to turn back the Others, driving the darkness back to where it belongs.These knights are the champions of light, fighting at the sharp edge of darkness for the sake of us all. This is their story.

REVIEWS FOR DARK DEFENDER

Paranormal Romance Writers:
"Dark Defender has an intense plot with twists and turns and wonderful surprises."
Romantic Times:
Book two in Morgan's transfixing and sexy series delves deeper into the mysteries surrounding the Paladin program, where warriors die and are continually resuscitated. Characters who put their lives on the line daily offer a rich opportunity for tons of suspense and drama. With her latest, Morgan proves that she's no fluke but a talent that's here to stay!
REVIEWS for DARK PROTECTOR

Joyfully Reviewed Recommended Read!:
DARK PROTECTOR by Alexis Morgan stunned me with its raw emotions and the poignant love shared by the two main characters. . . On the edge of my seat I inhaled every breath Devlin took and shed every tear that Lauren shed. ..I fought right along with the both of them and treasured the ride.
Romantic Times TOP PICK!
. . . Add Alexis Morgan to the must-watch list. Her combination of modern technology and paranormal powers make this new series intriguing and unique. Morgan sets up compelling characters who all deserve their own stories, so hopefully this is just the beginning.

IN DARKNESS REBORN
by Alexis Morgan
ISBN 13: 978 1 4165 4658 0
ISBN 10: 1 4165 4658 8
Publisher: Pocket Star
Release Date: 6/26/2007

DARK DEFENDER
by Alexis Morgan
ISBN: 1416520376
Publisher: Pocket
Available Now!
December 2006

DARK PROTECTOR
by Alexis Morgan
ISBN: 1416520368
Publisher: Pocket
June 27, 2006

cherierj
June 13th, 2007, 02:08 PM
This is such an awesome series! I just finished reading Jacob and then Gideon recently and I loved these books. Looking forward to Elijah's story.

<TABLE height=1292 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=800 border=0 showgridx showgridy cool gridx="16" gridy="16"><TBODY><TR height=34><TD vAlign=top align=left width=72 height=363 rowSpan=2 xpos="28"></TD><TD width=202 colSpan=2 height=34></TD><TD width=17 height=1185 rowSpan=7></TD><TD width=379 height=34>Jacquelyn Frank</TD><TD width=53 height=1185 rowSpan=7></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width=48 height=363 rowSpan=2 xpos="751"></TD><TD width=1 height=34><SPACER width="1" type="block" height="34"></TD></TR><TR height=329><TD vAlign=top align=left width=202 colSpan=2 height=329 xpos="100">http://www.jacquelynfrank.com/graphics/JACOB-.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0821780654/ref=pd_rvi_gw_1/104-2721076-6339110?ie=UTF8)</TD><TD vAlign=top width=379 height=1103 rowSpan=5 xpos="319" content csheight="956">The Nightwalkers Download an Excerpt from Jacob (http://www.jacquelynfrank.com/FirstChapterJacobExcerpt.doc)

Jacob the Enforcer belongs to one of the many Nightwalker races that thrive on the dark of night. He has a job to do for his species and it's rather straightforward. He polices his people. During the full moon their animal urge to mate overcomes them, and if they stay within their race they never need to encounter the Enforcer. But if they cross the line and turn their lust to another species...say humans...it's Jacob's duty to prevent them and then to punish them severely for it. As this 'madness' grows worse and worse for his people, there is hardly a family who hasn't felt the brutal sting of Jacob's justice. Punishment is so dire and so feared, Jacob can call very few others his friend and the life the Enforcer leads is a very solitary one.

Then one night during a hunt for one of his own, he encounters the first human woman who will tempt him in all of his 622 years of life. Isabella is a simple Bronx gal who works at her local library, lives with her sister and owns a cat. She hardly expects a night of moongazing to change her life forever and send her falling for a man like Jacob in all kinds of outrageous ways. Heck, she certainly doesn't expect that he isn't exactly a 'man'... although he sure looks like one, smells like one and boy-oh-boy does he feel like one!

As for the Enforcer, Jacob finds himself tempted beyond reason, needing Isabella to the point that he begins to strain against every law he has always upheld.

But before long the couple finds themselves fighting for their lives against evil, Jacob's bretheren, and even their own desires for each other. How can they find the way to resist one another before Jacob faces his own punishments...or before Bella ends up dead, torn up from the animal passion inside of him that she, as a human, is too frail to ever endure?
</TD><TD width=1 height=329><SPACER width="1" type="block" height="329"></TD></TR><TR height=53><TD width=72 height=1003 rowSpan=6></TD><TD vAlign=top width=202 colSpan=2 height=53 xpos="100" content csheight="37">'The Nightwalkers: Jacob
In Stores Now</TD><TD width=48 height=1003 rowSpan=6></TD><TD width=1 height=53><SPACER width="1" type="block" height="53"></TD></TR><TR height=336><TD vAlign=top align=left width=202 colSpan=2 height=336 xpos="100">http://www.jacquelynfrank.com/graphics/Gideon.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/Gideon-Nightwalkers-Jacquelyn-Frank/dp/0821780662/sr=8)</TD><TD width=1 height=336><SPACER width="1" type="block" height="336"></TD></TR><TR height=47><TD vAlign=top width=202 colSpan=2 height=47 xpos="100" content csheight="35">'The Nightwalkers: Gideon
Coming May 29th, 2007</TD><TD width=1 height=47><SPACER width="1" type="block" height="47"></TD></TR><TR height=338><TD vAlign=top align=left width=202 colSpan=2 height=338 xpos="100">http://www.jacquelynfrank.com/graphics/ELIJAHlg.jpg</TD><TD width=1 height=338><SPACER width="1" type="block" height="338"></TD></TR><TR height=48><TD vAlign=top width=202 colSpan=2 height=48 xpos="100" content csheight="35">'The Nightwalkers: Elijah
Coming December 2007</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

HeartFelt Promos
June 13th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Coming August 28, 2007
<HR>
Primal Desires
In Las Vegas, Jason Cage is known as "The Beast Master." But his onstage feats of magic are nothing compared to the abilities he keeps hidden from human eyes. Jason is Prime of his vampire family, and once used his telepathic skills to tame wild werewolves. It's a talent that leads him to beautiful , sensual Sofia Hunyara, who instantly triggers all of Jason's primal urges. Sofia is destined to be his bondmate, but keeping her alive long enough to convince her of that fact will not be easy.
Sofia has no reason to trust Jason, or to believe his story about her family's secret history as Wolf Tamers. The only thing she's sure is an overwhelming attraction that quickly develops into a scorching affair. If Jason's claims are true, can Sofia embrace her legacy - when it means walking away from a soul-searching desire that's deeper than any she's ever known?
<TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>http://www.susansizemore.com/covers/PrimalDesireSm.jpg (http://www.susansizemore.com/covers/PrimalDesireLg.jpg)</TD><TD>Sixth in my Primes series is: Primal Desires (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1416513361/susansizemoreA/).

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Timerunner7
June 13th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Hi, Cherierj

I'm currently working on my website, it's not up and running yet. Sigh, lol. But, I believe there is interview information on the Lavender Isis Press website that I did in May, it will tell you more about me and my interests, also how I generate ideas for my stories.

If you need more information, please message me here and we'll chat more. Thanks for your interest.

Tara Newlands

cherierj
June 13th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Cool! Thanks for sharing! I noticed your wesite link in your post. I will definitely stop by and check it out. Would like to learn more about your books.

For HEART OF THE SEA, I did a lot of research on my location -- Rhode Island -- and I admit I played with the topography a little. ;) I researched old selkie myths as well as facts about gray seals.

For NOT QUITE DEAD, my previous release from Samhain, I also did a fair bit of research on my setting in Louisiana.

Other books, like my historical short story set in Renaissance Venice, required many, many more hours of research.

I usually do my research as I go. I let the story fly on what I already know about the subject, then fill in or fix details as needed.

HeartFelt Promos
June 13th, 2007, 02:18 PM
<TABLE id=table6 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
http://www.dailyinquisitor.com/hunter/images/dmclarg.jpg
</TD></TR><TR><TD>
RELEASE DATE: August 7, 2007

http://www.dailyinquisitor.com/hunter/images/hbar.jpg

Excerpt

http://www.dailyinquisitor.com/hunter/images/hbar.jpg
<TABLE id=table7 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
“He needs to be destroyed. My preference is painfully and quickly, but any means that ultimately results in his death will work.”

Acheron Parthenopaeus turned his head to see the Greek goddess Artemis approaching him. Dressed only in black leather pants, he sat on the stone railing of her temple balcony with his back against one of the Dorian columns that lined it. The balcony was made of sparkling white marble that overlooked a breathtaking view of a rainbow waterfall and a perfect forest scene.

But then one would expect no less on Mt. Olympus where the Greek gods made their home.

With flowing red hair, perfect porcelain skin and sharp green eyes, Artemis would be beautiful if he didn’t begrudge her every breath she drew.

“Why do you have such a burr up your ass all of a sudden where Sin’s concerned?”

She curled her lip. “I hate it when you talk like that.”

Which was exactly why he did it. “You’re changing the subject.”

“I’ve always hated him. He was supposed to die. Remember? You intervened.”

She was seriously oversimplifying that. “He survived on his own. I merely gave the guy a job after you screwed him over.”

“Yes and now he’s gone insane. Did you not see that he broke into a museum last night, knocked out three guards in the process and stole a high profile artifact? How is that not exposing the Dark-Hunters to public scrutiny? I swear he did it on purpose, hoping to get caught so that he could tell the humans about all of us. He’s a threat to everyone.”

Ash dismissed her anger even though he did agree it was a reckless move on Sin’s part. Usually the man had more sense. “I’m sure he just wanted to touch a piece of home. Hell, whatever he took, probably belonged to him or some member of his family. I’m not going to kill anyone because they were homesick, Artie– kind of like killing someone when they’re on the can. It’s just wrong.”

With her hands on her curvy hips, she glared at him. “So you’re going to dismiss it?”

“If by that you mean I don’t think it warrants his immediate execution. Call me crazy, but yeah, I’m dismissing it.”

“You are going softball.”

Ash frowned until he realized what she meant. “Soft, Artie. You meant to say I’m going soft.”

“Whatever.” She moved to stand beside him. “The Acheron I remember would have sizzled him for half the infraction.”

He released an agitated breath before he responded. “Fried, Artie, **** learn to speak. I’ve got a headache from trying to figure out what the hell you mean. And at no time in my life would I have ever fried anyone for something like this.”

“Yes, you would have.”

He thought about that for a moment. But as usual she was wrong. “Nope. Only you would move me to that kind of violence over something so insignificant.”

“You’re such a bastard.”

He leaned his head back against the column so that he could look up at her. “Why? Because I won’t do your bidding?”

“Yes. You owe me this. You made me get rid of Thanatos and now I have no control over those creatures-“

”That you created,” he added, interrupting her angry tirade. “Don’t forget the important part here. The Dark-Hunters wouldn’t exist at all had someone, and for the sake of your missing intellect let me clarify that, you stolen those powers from me. Excuse me for banning you from killing them because you have reverse PMS.”

She scowled. “Reverse PMS?”

“Yeah, unlike a normal woman, you’re cranky twenty-eight days out of the month.”

She moved to slap him, but he caught her wrist in his hand. “You haven’t bargained for the right to hit me.”

She wrenched her arm away from him. “I want him dead.”

“I’m not your tool in this.” And lucky for Sin, Ash was here. He was the only reason Artemis didn’t kill Sin herself. They’d made the pact centuries ago after she’d flambeed a Dark-Hunter for one erroneous comment that she would never again go after a Dark-Hunter without Ash’s approval.

Her eyes were still seething. “He’s up to something. I can feel it.”

“Of that I have no doubt. He’s been plotting your murder since the day you stole his godhood from him. Lucky for you, I’m in the way and Sin knows it.”

She narrowed her eyes on him. “I’m surprised you’re not helping him.”

So was he. But in the end, he knew he couldn’t be a part of that. He needed Artemis in order to live and if he were to die, the world would become an even scarier place than it already was.

Too bad that. Cause honestly, he wanted nothing more than to bid her ass goodbye and never look back.

Artemis shoved at his raised knee. “Aren’t you at least going to ask him why he was at the museum? And why he assaulted those officers?”

A sliver of hope went through him. “Are you going to let me leave to do it?”

“You owe me three more days.”

So much for hope. He should have known better. The ***** had no intention of letting him out of her temple until his two weeks were up. “Then it looks like it can wait.”

Artemis curled her lip at him as she curled her hands into fists. Acheron was ever her bane. Why she put up with him, she didn’t know.

Actually, she did. Even in his stubbornness, he was still the sexiest man she’d ever seen. There was nothing she enjoyed more than watching him move. Or even sit as he was doing at present. He had the most viciously perfect body any man had ever possessed. His long blond hair was braided over one shoulder as he leaned back with his arms folded over his chest and his left bare foot tapped in time to an imaginary beat only he could hear.

Powerful and bold, he only bent to her when she forced him to it by blood and bone. And even then, he did so grudgingly and defiantly. He really was like a wild beast that no one could tame.

For that matter, he bit and snarled at anyone who tried to pet him.

And the gods knew she’d tried for centuries to either win him over or beat him into submission. But nothing worked. He was ever near and ever unattainable. It infuriated her.

She pouted at him. “You’d like for him to kill me, wouldn’t you?”

He let out a small laugh. “Hell, no. I want that honor myself.”</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

cherierj
June 13th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Thank you! I am not familiar with this publisher so I will definitely have to go explore their website and find out more about you as well.

Hi, Cherierj

I'm currently working on my website, it's not up and running yet. Sigh, lol. But, I believe there is interview information on the Lavender Isis Press website that I did in May, it will tell you more about me and my interests, also how I generate ideas for my stories.

If you need more information, please message me here and we'll chat more. Thanks for your interest.

Tara Newlands

HeartFelt Promos
June 13th, 2007, 02:28 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=300 bgColor=#ffffff>http://www.kensingtonbooks.com/itm_img/0821778358.gif

</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width=324 bgColor=#ffffff>
Night's Touch
0-8217-7835-8
Author: Amanda Ashley
Pub Date : June 26, 2007
Imprint : Zebra
Format : Paperback
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!--function confirmEBooks(){var agree=confirm("EBook Purchase. This book is being ordered in downloadable eBook format. Continue?");if (agree) return true ;else return false ;}// --></SCRIPT>. </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width=2 bgColor=#cc9966>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#ffffff><CENTER>http://www.kensingtonbooks.com/itm_img/dot_browna.gif
http://www.kensingtonbooks.com/itm_img/dot_white.gif
http://www.kensingtonbooks.com/itm_img/dot_white.gif
http://www.kensingtonbooks.com/itm_img/dot_browna.gif</CENTER>

Click HERE (http://www.kensingtonbooks.com/itm_img/night_AA.wmv) to watch a preview of Night's Touch.
<CENTER>One Kiss Can Seal Your Fate… </CENTER>
Cara DeLongpre wandered into the mysterious Nocturne club looking for a fleeting diversion from her sheltered life. Instead she found a dark, seductive stranger whose touch entices her beyond the safety she’s always known and into a heady carnal bliss… A year ago, Vincent Cordova believed that vampires existed only in bad movies and bogeyman stories. That was before a chance encounter left him with unimaginable powers, a hellish thirst, and an aching loneliness he’s sure will never end…until the night he meets Cara DeLongpre. Cara’s beauty and bewitching innocence call to his mind, his heart…his blood. For Vincent senses the Dark Gift shared by Cara’s parents, and the lurking threat from an ancient and powerful foe. And he knows that the only thing more dangerous than the enemy waiting to seek its vengeance is the secret carried by those Cara trusts the most… Amanda Ashley is one of those rare birds—a California native. She's lived in Southern California her whole life and, except for the earthquakes, loves it. She shares a home with her husband, as well as a fluffy Pomeranian named Teddi, a mischievous cat named Tigger, and a tortoise who remains nameless. Amanda and her alter ego, Madeline, have written 57 books. Not bad for someone who started writing just for the fun of it. Her books have made the New York Times List, the USA Today List, and the Waldenbooks Bestseller and Mass Market lists. Currently, Amanda is working on a sequel to Night's Kiss. You can get a sneak peek on her website at www.AmandaAshley.com. (http://www.amandaashley.com/)

Sela Carsen
June 13th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Any word on when Acheron's story is coming out?

HeartFelt Promos
June 13th, 2007, 02:32 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="30%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/images/products/0505-52702-2_b.jpg </TD></TR><TR><TD>ISBN:0505-52702-2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jun-07</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width="45%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Immortals: The Darkening
</TD></TR><TR><TD>by Robin T. Popp (http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/authordetail.cfm?Author_ID=208)</TD></TR><TR><TD>
A werewolf and bounty hunter, Lexi is badass to the bone. She has no problem protecting herself in the seedy vampire clubs of Manhattan. Until the Immortal she tries to summon actually appears. It isn’t the intricate tattoos around his well-defined muscles that intimidate her; it is the raw power she sees shimmering in his golden eyes, power mingled with lust. Though she longs to give in to the pleasure he promises, they first have a curse to break, a brother to find, and a legion of vampires to prevent from joining…The Darkening. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Pamk258
June 13th, 2007, 02:33 PM
because they can be about anything and everything that the author and make me believe. You can have characters doing anything and everything and that intrigues me.

HeartFelt Promos
June 13th, 2007, 02:34 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="30%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/images/products/0505-52622-0_b.jpg </TD></TR><TR><TD>ISBN:0505-52622-0 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jul-05 </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width="45%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Crimson City
</TD></TR><TR><TD>by Liz Maverick (http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/authordetail.cfm?Author_ID=267)</TD></TR><TR><TD>
From the extravagant vampire world above, to the gritty defiance of the werewolves below, the specter of darkness lives around every corner, the hope of paradise in every heart. The city knows a tentative peace, but to live in Crimson City is to balance on the edge of a knife. One woman knows better than most. She’s about to be tested, to taste true thirst. Fleur Dumont is about to meet the one man who may understand her: a tormented protector who’s lost all he loved. Theirs is one tale of many. This is…CRIMSON CITY </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Pamk258
June 13th, 2007, 02:37 PM
I am so looking forward to this. I believe if I remember from her newletter that Ash's book is going to be one big book and I think it release next year.

HeartFelt Promos
June 13th, 2007, 02:37 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="30%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/images/products/0505-52557-7_b.jpg </TD></TR><TR><TD>ISBN:0505-52557-7 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width="45%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Master of Ecstasy
</TD></TR><TR><TD>by Nina Bangs (http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/authordetail.cfm?Author_ID=19)</TD></TR><TR><TD>
Her trip back in time to 1785 Scotland is supposed to be a vacation, so why does Blythe feel that her stay at the MacKenzie castle will be anything but? The gloomy old pile of stones has her imagination working overtime. The first hunk she meets turns out to be Mr. Dark-Evil-and-Deadly himself, an honest-to-goodness vampire. His voice is a tempting slide of sin, and his body raises her temperature, but when Darach whispers, "To waste a neck such as yours would be a terrible thing," she decides his pillow talk leaves a lot to be desired. Dangerous? You bet. To die for? Definitely. Soul mate? Just wait and see. Love Spell Book Club selection. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Sela Carsen
June 13th, 2007, 02:38 PM
The Crimson City series was really fun. Marjorie Liu's story -- A TASTE OF CRIMSON -- was my favorite.

Pamk258
June 13th, 2007, 02:39 PM
hum you know I've never sat down and thought about that. I just know I like them both. Seems to me though that the lines are a blurring on all differnet types of book.

Karenne
June 13th, 2007, 02:40 PM
I am so looking forward to this. I believe if I remember from her newletter that Ash's book is going to be one big book and I think it release next year.

Ash's book? I lost the thread here..which one is Ash's book? :unsure:

HeartFelt Promos
June 13th, 2007, 02:40 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="30%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/images/products/0505-52530-5_b.jpg </TD></TR><TR><TD>ISBN:0505-52530-5 </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width="45%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD>A Girl's Guide to Vampires
</TD></TR><TR><TD>by Katie MacAlister (http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/authordetail.cfm?Author_ID=160)</TD></TR><TR><TD>
Joy Randall's Top 5 Tips for Vampire Hunters: 1. Location, location, location. Remember, if you wouldn't be there, neither would a bloodsucker. 2. Trust your eyes. You know the handsome, annoyingly arrogant, self-assured man in the shadows with long hair and a cleft in his chin? He's your vampire. 3. No matter how tempting it might be, do not "accidentally" acquire a paper cut and suggest YOUR VAMPIRE kiss your finger to make it better. 4. From here on out, play it cool. Don't offer to accompany your prince of the night on the talk show circuit and whatever you do, don't offer him your heart. 5. And most of all, rememberýbeing a vampire is nothing to laugh about. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Pamk258
June 13th, 2007, 02:41 PM
I love both Jacob and Gideon and cannot wait for Elijah. He defintely needs his heroine

HeartFelt Promos
June 13th, 2007, 02:42 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="30%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/images/products/0505-52552-6_b.jpg </TD></TR><TR><TD>ISBN:0505-52552-6 </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width="45%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Single White Vampire
</TD></TR><TR><TD>by Lynsay Sands (http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/authordetail.cfm?Author_ID=221)</TD></TR><TR><TD>
SWM -- Successful biographer of family; books recently categorized as "paranormal romances." Doesn't like sunbathing, garlicky dinners or religious symbols. Likes old-fashioned values; spicy Mexican dishes; warm, nice-smelling necks and plump red lips. Currently unaware he's seeking a woman to share eternity. SWF -- Newest editor of Romance at Roundhouse Publishing. Has recently discovered a legacy author dying to be broken out. (The tall, dark, handsome writer just needs go to romance conventions and be introduced to his fans.) Dislikes "difficult, rude, obnoxious pig-headed writers." Currently unaware she's met the man of her wildest dreams. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

HeartFelt Promos
June 13th, 2007, 02:47 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="30%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/images/products/0505-52248-9_b.jpg </TD></TR><TR><TD>ISBN:0505-52248-9 </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width="45%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Wishes Come True
</TD></TR><TR><TD>by Kathleen Nance (http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/authordetail.cfm?Author_ID=183)</TD></TR><TR><TD>
"Face it, Mom, you need a genie." No, thought Zoe Calderone, a genie was exactly what a hard-working, pragmatic, single mother like herself didn't need. But when she went along with a hokey conjuring ceremony to humor her nine-year-old daughter, the impossible happened: A tall, dark, sinfully sexy djinni appeared...stark naked.
</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Karenne
June 13th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Any word on when Acheron's story is coming out?

Well according to her site..this is her answer to that very question:

Yes, he will have 2 books about his life (both are completed).

One of the books is about his days before he became the leader of the Dark-Hunters and then the story of how he is set free. His heroine is known to a handful who are sworn to secrecy. But she will be in the novel, The Dream-Hunter--you just have to figure our which one she is. </B>
Lastly, no, these will not be the last books of the series. I have the whole series planned very carefully. I can't give an exact date on when it'll be released since I have no control over publishing dates.

HeartFelt Promos
June 13th, 2007, 02:55 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="30%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/images/products/0505-52537-2_b.jpg </TD></TR><TR><TD>ISBN:0505-52537-2 </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width="45%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Spellbound in Seattle
</TD></TR><TR><TD>by Garthia Anderson (http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/authordetail.cfm?Author_ID=10)</TD></TR><TR><TD>
With enchanted blood on her carpet, a house full of Merlin-wannabes unable to clean it up, a petulant cat, and houseguests scheduled to arrive momentarily, Petra Field needs a miracle. She gets a wizard, a whole lot of unwanted sparks, and a man-sized hole in the middle of her living room -- a hole into which her feline promptly disappears. Vorador hasn't felt so incompetent since his days as an untried sorcerer. The girl who leaps after her cat and into his arms causes his simplest spells to backfire -- quite literally setting his hair ablaze. And though she claims to be no conjurer, he knows that he's never felt so bewitched, for Petra has a mesmerizing energy of her own: love.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

HeartFelt Promos
June 13th, 2007, 03:00 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="30%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/images/products/0505-52695-6_b.jpg </TD></TR><TR><TD>ISBN:0505-52695-6 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Aug07 </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width="45%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Immortals: The Awakening
</TD></TR><TR><TD>by Joy Nash (http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/authordetail.cfm?Author_ID=362)</TD></TR><TR><TD>
She comes to him in a dream: her creamy skin delectably cool, silky raven hair smelling of the sea and ocean-blue eyes reflecting the depths of her passion. She is everything Kalen has been desperate to capture in his art—and in his bed. In reality, when Christine finds his remote Scottish castle, it is to persuade the Immortal warrior to help repel the darkness spreading around the world. But Kalen has a vindictive Sidhe trying to steal his powers and a dark secret of his own to battle before he and Christine can give in to…The Awakening.
</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

HeartFelt Promos
June 13th, 2007, 03:02 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="30%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/images/products/0505-52687-5_b.jpg </TD></TR><TR><TD>ISBN:0505-52687-5 </TD></TR><TR><TD>May-07 </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width="45%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Immortals: The Calling
</TD></TR><TR><TD>by Jennifer Ashley (http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/authordetail.cfm?Author_ID=14)</TD></TR><TR><TD>
He bursts into the battle, his leather jacket billowing and his huge silver sword flashing. Amber has no idea why this windswept warrior would rescue her, but there he is—fighting the same demon who’d killed her sister. Though he is a stranger, she immediately senses he’s come to protect her. And with the first touch of his lips on hers, she knows he is bound to her, his body meant for her. Yet the shadow of evil is spreading quickly, and more death will follow unless they can discover the secrets of…The Calling. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

HeartFelt Promos
June 13th, 2007, 03:07 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="30%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/images/products/0505-52505-4_b.jpg </TD></TR><TR><TD>ISBN:0505-52505-4 </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width="45%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Lord of the Dark Sun
</TD></TR><TR><TD>by Stobie Piel (http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/authordetail.cfm?Author_ID=206)</TD></TR><TR><TD>
Ariana awakens a captive. Her ship has been disabled and her friends hurt, and she is to blame. She cajoled them into braving the outskirts of space. And now they are to be transported to a non-Intersystem planet where they will be slaves.

The world is bleak and shadowy, as are its inhabitants. And though these men are slaves as well, that hardly makes them less dangerous. Yet one rises above the others, and Ariana sees in him nobility. This is a prince in a barbarian’s body, one who can teach her how to be wild. On this planet with its dark sun, Ariana knows he will help her survive. And she will show him a love that will last through whatever followed. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

HeartFelt Promos
June 13th, 2007, 03:12 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="30%"><TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="30%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/images/products/01-159413-008-6-A1325_b.jpg </TD></TR><TR><TD>ISBN:01-159413-008-6-A1325 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/images/products/01-159413-009-4-A1324_b.jpg </TD></TR><TR><TD>ISBN:01-159413-009-4-A1324 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/images/products/01-159413-010-8-A1323_b.jpg </TD></TR><TR><TD>ISBN:01-159413-010-8-A1323 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width="45%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Key of Valor
</TD></TR><TR><TD>by Nora Roberts (http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/authordetail.cfm?Author_ID=397)</TD></TR><TR><TD>
It all comes down to this--the conclusion to the Key trilogy.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width="45%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Key of Valor
</TD></TR><TR><TD>by Nora Roberts (http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/authordetail.cfm?Author_ID=397)</TD></TR><TR><TD>
It all comes down to this--the conclusion to the Key trilogy.

Three women. Three keys. Each has 28 days to find her key. If one fails, they all lose. If they all succeed, money, power, and a new destiny awaits. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

HeartFelt Promos
June 13th, 2007, 03:15 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="30%"><TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="30%"></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width="45%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/images/products/0505-52680-8_b.jpg </TD></TR><TR><TD>ISBN:0505-52680-8 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mar-07 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width="45%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Blood Moon
</TD></TR><TR><TD>by Dawn Thompson (http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/authordetail.cfm?Author_ID=371)</TD></TR><TR><TD>
Jon Hyde-White is changed. Soon he will cease to be an earl’s second son and become a ravening monster. Already lust grows, begging him to drink blood—and the blood of his fiancée Cassandra Thorpe will be sweetest of all. Is that not why the blasphemous creature Sebastian bursts upon them from the London shadows? But Sebastian’s evil task remains incomplete, and neither Jon nor Cassandra is beyond hope. One chance remains—in faraway Moldavia, in a secret brotherhood, in an ancient ritual and in the power of love. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

HeartFelt Promos
June 13th, 2007, 03:17 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="30%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/images/products/0505-52726-X_b.jpg </TD></TR><TR><TD>ISBN:0505-52726-X </TD></TR><TR><TD>Aug07 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width="45%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD>The Brotherhood
</TD></TR><TR><TD>by Dawn Thompson (http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/authordetail.cfm?Author_ID=371)</TD></TR><TR><TD>
Joss Hyde-White leaves London for answers about who and what he is. What he finds is a carriage, and a scene of horror interrupted within. A chestnut-haired beauty lies prone, requiring his assistance. But safety is not easily provided. On this night that brings to mind vampires and the foulest creatures of myth, it is difficult to tell man or woman from beast. From this moment forward, no one and nothing can be trusted—not even his own instincts. Joss is on the road to the truth, leading to the secret of his parents, to the Blood Moon Rite of ancient Persia, to an enigmatic Gypsy and…The Brotherhood. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

HeartFelt Promos
June 13th, 2007, 03:22 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="30%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/images/products/0505-52265-9_b.jpg </TD></TR><TR><TD>ISBN:0505-52265-9 </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width="45%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Knight of a Trillion Stars
</TD></TR><TR><TD>by Dara Joy (http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/authordetail.cfm?Author_ID=134)</TD></TR><TR><TD>
Fired from her job, exhausted from her miserable Boston commute, the last thing Deana Jones needs when she gets home is to find an alien in her living room. He says his name is Lorgin and that she is part of his celestial destiny. Deana thinks his reasoning is ridiculous, and she knows he is making an error of cosmic proportions. But his touch is electric and his arms strong, and when she first feels the sizzling impact of his uncontrollable desire, Deana starts to wonder if maybe their passion is indeed written in the stars.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Karenne
June 13th, 2007, 03:51 PM
OH I love Knight of a Trillion Stars. It is permanetly on my shelf as a back up/stand by read.

Sighhh....love it!:yes:

LisaLogan
June 13th, 2007, 05:03 PM
VISIONS is a psychic romance, available now in print and ebook...

What if you bumped into a stranger...and suddenly became psychic? What if your first vision depicted you and your psychic benefactor, locked in passion?

Read about the explosive echoes of chemistry between psychics in VISIONS:

"Just see me."

Trenton’s words wound around Glory, pulling her into the
embrace of his longing. She obeyed, the room melting away as
he reached out to stroke a finger along her cheek. The contact
brought a rush of sensation, like a wave crashing over the shores
of her mind. Giving herself over to it, it washed through her until
she saw herself existing in two times and from two minds. She felt
the woman she was here and now–palms growing damp as they
pressed against the wood table–existing alongside the her that
would be...back pressed against the kitchen cabinets and palms
fisted in his smooth hair.

She jerked in surprise at the duality. He murmured tender
reassurances that were undecipherable in words, but nevertheless
lulled her back into the sensation...back to the same undulating
sway of their premiere night dance, leaving her both soothed and
ignited.

As if sinewy tendrils of nerve endings stretched between them
to bridge the gaps between synapses and neurons, she saw not
only from her own mind, but also his. She felt within him a musk of yearning so fierce it brought a gasp, yet with a tenderness and hope she could drown in.

In his eyes she saw him experiencing her own longing for him,
felt his guttural moan in response to the intensity of it. Pulling
back into herself, she found them standing, her backside against a
kitchen cabinet, unaware of how they’d gotten there. Her fi ngers
raked his butter-soft hair as his mouth moved on her, and she
could feel it pressing against the pulse at the base of her throat as
in reality now, plus she could feel it then, when it would be tasting her lips, trailing her stomach. Echoing pairs of his hands roamed over her, overlapping time as he unbutton her blouse now but grazed her bare flesh then.

His whisper shuddered through her. "My God, Glory."

She heard the words, but didn't need to ask their meaning because she could see it, viewing her own beauty in a way she never dreamed when studying her flaws in a mirror. In his mirror, she was beauty's perfection.

danetteb
June 13th, 2007, 05:17 PM
I love reading paranormals because I like reading about mythical creatures. *g*

cherierj
June 13th, 2007, 05:20 PM
This sounds really good!

VISIONS is a psychic romance, available now in print and ebook...

What if you bumped into a stranger...and suddenly became psychic? What if your first vision depicted you and your psychic benefactor, locked in passion?

Read about the explosive echoes of chemistry between psychics in VISIONS:

"Just see me."

Trenton’s words wound around Glory, pulling her into the
embrace of his longing. She obeyed, the room melting away as
he reached out to stroke a finger along her cheek. The contact
brought a rush of sensation, like a wave crashing over the shores
of her mind. Giving herself over to it, it washed through her until
she saw herself existing in two times and from two minds. She felt
the woman she was here and now–palms growing damp as they
pressed against the wood table–existing alongside the her that
would be...back pressed against the kitchen cabinets and palms
fisted in his smooth hair.

She jerked in surprise at the duality. He murmured tender
reassurances that were undecipherable in words, but nevertheless
lulled her back into the sensation...back to the same undulating
sway of their premiere night dance, leaving her both soothed and
ignited.

As if sinewy tendrils of nerve endings stretched between them
to bridge the gaps between synapses and neurons, she saw not
only from her own mind, but also his. She felt within him a musk of yearning so fierce it brought a gasp, yet with a tenderness and hope she could drown in.

In his eyes she saw him experiencing her own longing for him,
felt his guttural moan in response to the intensity of it. Pulling
back into herself, she found them standing, her backside against a
kitchen cabinet, unaware of how they’d gotten there. Her fi ngers
raked his butter-soft hair as his mouth moved on her, and she
could feel it pressing against the pulse at the base of her throat as
in reality now, plus she could feel it then, when it would be tasting her lips, trailing her stomach. Echoing pairs of his hands roamed over her, overlapping time as he unbutton her blouse now but grazed her bare flesh then.

His whisper shuddered through her. "My God, Glory."

She heard the words, but didn't need to ask their meaning because she could see it, viewing her own beauty in a way she never dreamed when studying her flaws in a mirror. In his mirror, she was beauty's perfection.

danetteb
June 13th, 2007, 05:23 PM
I've got Lara Adrian's books on my TBB, they sound like an interesting new series.

Karenne
June 13th, 2007, 05:57 PM
A big Alaskan hello to everyone here at Coffee Time! My name is Dani Harper and although I'm new to authorship, I'm not new to writing, having been in the newspaper business for most of my adult life. Writing fiction was really "coming home" for me -- as Oprah says, I've found my Passion! And nothing in journalism has compared to the thrill of having my very first novel, Heart of the Winter Wolf, released as an ebook by New Concepts Publishing in mid-May. Heart of the Winter Wolf is a full-length paranormal romance and I've been excited by the great reader response I've enjoyed in the short time it's been out. I'm currently working on books Two and Three in the series.

About Heart of the Winter Wolf:

Jillian had always depended on the white wolf in times of need. Was it coincidence that the wolf came back into her life at the same time that she met James Macleod, a giant of a man with the look of a Viking -- and secrets she could only guess at?

James Macleod was a Changeling who'd lost everything dear to him in a single night of blood and fire. Devastated by guilt and driven by grief, he became a great white wolf and vowed never to walk as a man again - until a small blonde veterinarian shook his resolve and his world. Now James must remember how to be human and walk in his human skin again in order to solve a frightening riddle: Who is this beautiful woman and why is his wolfen side hunting her?<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

<!-- / attachments --><!-- sig -->__________________
Dani Harper

Heart of the Winter Wolf
Available now at http:// (http://www.newconceptspublishing.com/)www.newconceptspublishing.com (http://www.newconceptspublishing.com/)
Excerpts at http://www.romancingthewolf.com (http://www.romancingthewolf.com/)
NEW VIDEO at http://www.myspace.com/romancingthewolf (http://www.myspace.com/romancingthewolf)
Read first chapter at http://HeartoftheWinterWolf.bebo.com (http://heartofthewinterwolf.bebo.com/)

dkeratsis
June 13th, 2007, 06:13 PM
"Charlesgate is a fun read. Intricately woven with historical fact and colorful fiction, Dina Keratsis's story is written with an intelligent eye, respect for her readers, and offers up a tale one needs to read curled up in front of the fire with a throw over your toes."
- (Melanie, NovelSpot Romance Reviews)

This is a review for my first born, Charlesgate, a paranormal romance between the hero, heroine and an old Boston hotel. It's a contemporary, but there's a lot of historical detail about the hotel, which is a real building, and the ghosts, the heroine's ancestors, one of whom is Charlotte de Berry, pirate queen. It was great fun to write and I even named my firstborn son after my firstborn hero!

Dina
www.dinakeratsis.com (http://www.dinakeratsis.com)

Kim Leady
June 13th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Hey everyone-
What a great group! I’m looking forward to chatting with y’all. The excitement has me a little tongue tied right now …in fact I’m having a hard time forming a logical thought- breathe in, breathe out. Okay, much better.

I enjoy writing in different genres – paranormal, suspense, comedy and mystery - all woven, of course, with the key element...romance. Angels In the Window is one of my all time favorites, and the book cover is amazing. Chris at Champagne Books did an outstanding job.

Here is what a Coffee Time Romance reviewer had to say - Ms Leady has woven a magical tale of guardian angels surrounding their charges with love and protection in such a believable manner that I totally accept it could be. The explanations she has given for commonplace events, a light flickering, a baby kicking in its mother’s womb, or a radio doing its own thing, are enchanting and mentally stimulating....Caro

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o151/1redpen/AngelsInTheWindow.jpg
Angels in the Window
by Kim Leady (http://www.kimleady.com)
Angels in the Window is a suspenseful paranormal with elements of romance set in a present day small southern town.

Of all times to be dead!
For the past twenty-seven years guardian angel, Mary Tyler, has contently watched her twin granddaughters grow into beautiful independent women. But her contentment quickly changes to anguish when Greg Adams, a womanizing sadistic murderer, puts her granddaughter, Shelby Tyler, in his crosshairs.
Shelby is mesmerized by Greg’s charm; she begins to change her relationships, career…her life just to satisfy Greg’s demands. Meanwhile her twin sister, Jessie Kinkaid, seeks answers to the unexplained episodes occurring around them and the truth about her soon to be brother-in-law...a man that seems to have no past.
As all of this is happening, Mary races against the clock to unearth the one person who can save Shelby - the man who is destined to be her soul mate and holds her true future in his heart. Will Mary Tyler find a way to penetrate the veil in time to warn her twin granddaughters of the evil closing in on them?

You can buy ANGELS IN THE WINDOW at Champagne Books (http://champagnebooks.com/bookstore/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=28).

To find out about my other books, book signings and new releases please visit my web site www.kimleady.com (http://www.kimleady.com)

Karenne
June 13th, 2007, 06:53 PM
awwww...isn't that nice! Congrats a great review!

Kim Leady
June 13th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Karenne -
Thanks. I'm excited! I had a reader email me saying she couldn't put ANGELS IN THE WINDOW down. In fact, she stayed up all night long and then took it to work with her.

rgraham666
June 13th, 2007, 08:13 PM
That's a great thing to hear. :)

Aline de Chevigny
June 13th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Hey everyone, man its good to be home LOL

My name is Aline de Chevigny and I have a few paranormals out.

Blood Red is the 1st in a series about Vampires. I've just sold books 2-4 to Aspen Mountain Press so look for that. My vampires are a little different than most LOL My world has a few unique twists I'm told. :lol:

Book 1:Blood Red
<SPACE>

Mikael De Wohlf better known to his kind as Cerberus Gnosis, became the head of his clan with the simple act of killing his Sire. That act alone gained him the power and respect he needed to take control of all the ruling houses and reshape the clans to help them survive in this day and age. His reputation painted him as a ruthless killer and terrified everyone who knew him, everyone but her. Everyone but his Bella, his obsession.

Annabella Micelli knew exactly who he was and wasn’t afraid of him one bit. To her dismay she found herself attracted to him and couldn’t get him out of her mind. As keeper for his clan she had insights into the Vampire world that other humans would never have and could never know of.

Will Mikael be able win over the one person that could help him attain his goals, or ruin the one chance he had at happiness?

Book 2: Tales of the Cursed: The Ravenson Project
<SPACE>

Malek DeWinter, learnt the hard way that the Raven Lord he’d thought had aved him from death so many years ago, wasn’t what he appeared to be. After a night of passionate lovemaking with his new found mate, he wakes from his cursed sleep to find himself chained to the dungeon walls. With his mate at the mercy of his Lord, the house he'd thought had abandoned him comes to his rescue. Can he make things right before it’s too late? Or will he lose his true love to the hands of a traitor?

Book 3: Tales of the Cursed: Blood Hunted
<SPACE>

Nicolai had lost all hope of finding his mate. A hundred years alone left a vampire jaded. Until he agreed to take on a fiery little spy who saved his house, his Sire and his heart. Now he just needs to convince her that joining his side is the only way to survive the coming battle and remove the Demon from their midst once and for all.

Kelly Ravenson, had been through enough heartache and heartbreak since being turned to know that trust needed to be earned. The women of Raven house needed her. Could she really leave them unprotected just to follow her heart?

Book 4: Tales of the Cursed: Touch of the Wolf
<SPACE>

New to this world of darkness, Xavier is paired with a human experienced in the ways of Wolf house to attend him. When they’d introduced him to the woman, he’d thought Lady Bella insane. Annette Valdetti was difficult, head strong and completely immune to his charms. Will he wait too long to realize how truly special she is?

Annette didn’t want to be the newest wolf’s Attendant; she had enough on her plate helping Lady Bella with her Keeper duties. Unfortunately she never could say no to the Lady of the house. The cub was arrogant, conceited and she’d fallen completely in love with him. Can she teach the cub how to survive in this new world he’s found himself in and protect her heart before it’s too late?

I also have Luck of the Irish from Aspen Mountain that's a paranormal erotica. :leph: I love this story.

Luck of the Irish
<SPACE> http://www.alinedechevigny.com/images/Luck%20of%20the%20Irish%202.jpg (http://www.alinedechevigny.com/Irish.html)

When Dina’s boss assigns her to review a local family restaurant called Luck of the Irish on St. Patrick’s Day of all days, she isn’t happy. Upon entering the establishment and seeing all the staff dressed as Leprechauns, she expects passable food and annoyingly cheerful service. What she got left her breathless.

Connor had always known what his destiny held in store for him. When the gods finally bestowed their gift upon him, he never expected his destiny to take place in a pair of sea blue eyes. Now, he finally understood why a four leaf clover is considered good luck.

Aline :biggrin:

Patti_O'Shea
June 13th, 2007, 09:18 PM
http://www.pattioshea.com/images/Cover_midnight_thumb.jpg

IN THE MIDNIGHT HOUR

"Patti O'Shea is a voice and talent to be reckoned with. IN THE MIDNIGHT HOUR is gripping and wonderful, everything a paranormal should be."

~Sherrilyn Kenyon - NY Times Bestselling Author
Ryne is a magical troubleshooter, sworn to protect the innocent from being harmed by magic—and she's been chasing Anise, her former mentor, for six years.

Deke is a private investigator who knows something key to defeating Anise. But Anise cast a dark spell over him, and even though Ryne has managed to temporarily lift the curse, Deke can't remember what it is that he knows.

Ryne has sworn to never get involved with a human, but Deke is sexy, charming, brave and irresistible—and as Ryne and Deke are pulled further into Anise's evil schemes, it's harder and harder for Ryne to resist the attraction.

But dark magic has its own attraction, and in order to defeat Anise and lift Deke's curse permanently, Ryne will have to risk following in Anise's footsteps and succumbing to the lure of the darkness...

"IN THE MIDNIGHT HOUR was a wonderful book! Full of action, intrigue, magic, and romance, it has everything I could possibly want in a romance novel."
~Kelley Hartsell - CK2S Kwips and Kritiques

To read an excerpt, please visit:

http://www.pattioshea.com/midnight_excerpt.shtml

IN THE MIDNIGHT HOUR comes out July 31, 2007 from Tor Books. ISBN: 0765355795

IN THE MIDNIGHT HOUR is my second paranormal romance, although most of my stories have some paranormal elements running through them. This book is one I consider special. Ryne, the heroine, came in while I was working on something else and wouldn't leave me alone. She talked and talked and talked, giving me all kinds of information about her people, but nothing about herself--not at first.

I was committed to other projects before I could write the story (THROUGH A CRIMSON VEIL, ETERNAL NIGHTS and my novella in SHARDS OF CRIMSON), but the characters wouldn't go away and I was excited when I finally could write Ryne and Deke's story.

Ryne is intense, trying to prove something to her people and herself. Deke is a horrible smart aleck and at times, he makes Ryne insane, but he has his own intensity, something she picks up on right away. They have two weeks to overcome Ryne's former mentor or Deke returns to his cursed existence and they'll both fight to make sure that doesn't happen.

cherierj
June 13th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Congrats! How exciting to get a great review and positive reader feedback.

Karenne -
Thanks. I'm excited! I had a reader email me saying she couldn't put ANGELS IN THE WINDOW down. In fact, she stayed up all night long and then took it to work with her.

Illyria
June 14th, 2007, 12:34 AM
I can't believe I missed this? :swoon:

Kim Leady
June 14th, 2007, 10:18 AM
cherierj (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/member.php?u=44)<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_7299", true); </SCRIPT> & rgraham666 (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/member.php?u=705) -
Thanks. I love to hear from readers.

Kim Leady
Incredible stories...Unforgettable characters
www.kimleady.com (http://www.kimleady.com)

Karenne
June 14th, 2007, 10:41 AM
We have all of the scheduled loop, live and theme chats (like this Paranormal chat) listed in our newsletter here:

http://coffeetimeromance.com/CTRNewsletter/chats.html

I hope that helps!

Plus, I put it up on the main page of the forums. :winkiss:

Illyria
June 14th, 2007, 10:59 PM
We have all of the scheduled loop, live and theme chats (like this Paranormal chat) listed in our newsletter here:

http://coffeetimeromance.com/CTRNewsletter/chats.html

I hope that helps!

Plus, I put it up on the main page of the forums. :winkiss:

I'm really sorry that i missed this! Especially with me being such a huge paranormal erotic whore, lol!

but i couldn't help it because i finally gotten my copy of the latest Laurell K Hamilton book, 'The Harlequin' :swoon:

Darn it! Darn it to heck, :lol:

Hmm... I wonder when the next paranormal chat day will be?

Karenne
June 14th, 2007, 11:34 PM
hmmm...I don't know...but I can promise you that I will post it or IM you and let you know. How is that?:balloon:

Illyria
June 15th, 2007, 12:32 PM
hmmm...I don't know...but I can promise you that I will post it or IM you and let you know. How is that?:balloon:

please send me a IM??? My mind justs wanders off lately that make it really easy to forget things, lol

Thanks, Karenne!!

Doranna
June 15th, 2007, 09:34 PM

A fantasy is plot/world/mythos driven; a paranormal is relationship-driven.

Gosh, seems like that's too simple. But that's really it, though there are probably different ways to say it!