PDA

View Full Version : Getting started!

Irene Peterson
June 13th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Hi, all, and greetings from New Jersey!
After ten minutes, I finally figured out how to post something. As you can guess, I'm just about computer illiterate. I've never chatted, never posted on anybody's site...sometimes I feel really...dumb.

My kids say I write too much on blogs and things. That's because it takes me so long to get to where I want to go, by the time I'm there, I've worked up lots to say.

I have two published books...maybe you've seen them. The first, published in 2006 is Glory Days, the second in 2007 is Kisses to Go.
They're about Jersey Girls in different places in their lives, one down the Jersey Shore to find herself all over again, the other running off to England to lose herself.

I've been writing since I was fifteen years old. There are stacks and stacks of papers in my cellar and room (my husband keeps threatening to throw it all out) and still some at my mother's house after 30 years away from home.

My kids have to do the hard computer stuff for me. Like my website, getting me the MySpace site. If this actually works, it will be the first thing I've successfully completed by myself. But that does remain to be seen.

I like talking books and writing. Since I haven't even dared look at any other threads, let me say I love Anne McCaffrey, Janet Evanovich and Johanna Lindsay. Lots more. Paranormals keep my interest. My own books are not exactly ordinary....

rgraham666
June 13th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Welcome to Coffee Time, Irene.

I know what you mean about computers though. I used to be a computer programmer and sometimes I have no idea what the silly machines are doing. ;)

Karenne
June 13th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Poor Irene!

Well not to worry! We have a bunch of wonderful people who have also learned how to work the internet and computers. So just ask!

We are so glad you are here!:winkiss:

Irene Peterson
June 13th, 2007, 03:26 PM
I really sound like a pathetic dork, don't I?

Don't answer that!

You're never going to see any little smilies from me, either, because I doubt I'll figure out h

Christmas@ I gotta pick up mykid at work!!!

Yeow.

Irene Peterson
June 13th, 2007, 04:30 PM
I was almost in big trouble!
My daughter was at work and I had to pick her up and totally forgot!!!

Left here with the computer still on, everything on, didn't lock the door!

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

I'd better get offline now so I don't forget to make supper.

My life is ewww.