PDA

View Full Version : Comment thread for Round Robins

Miss Mae
January 4th, 2011, 07:14 PM
This is a separate thread where folks can, if desired, add comments about the individual segments of the "round robins". :)

And first off, I want to say that I absolutely LOVE what Hywela Lyn has added to the story. WOW!!! That is totally superb! But would there be any doubt as she is, herself, a renown SF author!! This stuff is a piece of cake for her, but welcome, welcome, Lyn. Hope you'll contribute often! :)

Gail Pallotta
January 5th, 2011, 04:25 PM
I love the beginning of Escape from Tekron II. Thanks to Miss Mae and Hwyela Lyn for their intriguing posts.

HywelaLyn
January 7th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Thank you so much for your kind words Lula - I have to say you made a brilliant start to this SF story, all the more awe inspiring because I know it's not a genre you're used to writing, but what a start!

Thanks Gail - say, why don't you write a sentence or two, let's get this story moving again! :)

Gail Pallotta
January 7th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Hi Hwyela,

My turn to write sci-fi is coming up. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep it moving then. I hope you'll jump in and help me out.

Miss Mae
January 11th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Awesome new post from Danielle Thorne. She added an exciting new twist indeed! :)

Gail Pallotta
January 11th, 2011, 01:53 PM
More excitement trying to get away from Tekron...and the dreaded Lieutenant Monarch makes things more complicated. We need to know more about this bad guy.:shuriken:

Miss Mae
January 11th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Now I'm wondering if he's an android, or...? Wow, this is shaping up to be a great story. Can't wait for the next installment. :)

DanielleThorne
January 11th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Awesome new post from Danielle Thorne. She added an exciting new twist indeed! :)

Thanks. Having not ever done a Round Robin before, or Sci-Fi, I quite enjoyed it.

I can't wait to see who's next.

DanielleThorne
January 11th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Now I'm wondering if he's an android, or...? Wow, this is shaping up to be a great story. Can't wait for the next installment. :)

Yes, I'm waiting for someone to take the helmet off this Ranger. What's he look like?

HywelaLyn
January 16th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Great addition Danielle - sorry I haven't carried it on yet - it's been a bit manic this week. I'll try and do something first thing tomorrow, while my colleagues in the US are still fast asleep!:rolleyes:

Miss Mae
January 17th, 2011, 10:58 AM
What a fantastic addition, Lyn! You certainly add excitement! :)

HywelaLyn
January 17th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Thanks MM - only a few lines but hopefully it moves it on a bit.

DanielleThorne
January 17th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Wow, I enjoyed the two new excerpts today from Lyn and Larry. This is really going somewhere. Can't wait to see who's up next week!

Gail Pallotta
January 17th, 2011, 08:58 PM
I loved the additions by Hywela and Larry. Great job, both of you!applause.gifapplause.gif

EAWest
January 21st, 2011, 03:14 PM
Oh, wow! This story is AWESOME. Great work, guys! :clap:

Anne Patrick
January 24th, 2011, 09:29 PM
I can so see this on the big screen. You all have done a great job!!! You pulled me right in and I don't even like SciFi. Can't wait to see what happens next :-).

Oh, wow! This story is AWESOME. Great work, guys! :clap:

DanielleThorne
January 24th, 2011, 11:23 PM
That. Was. Awesome. LoL. I am loving this. You did a great job taking the lead from Larry. I wondered what you would do with that monkey wrench, Delilah. This is such a hoot. We should all give up sweet romance and start writing Sci-fi. (Evil Monarch Laugh) Hahahahahahhahah.

HywelaLyn
January 25th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Larry and Laurean, your additons are brilliant, love'em!

Danielle - it IS possible to do both - write sweet romantic SF! :)

Miss Mae
January 25th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Yes, this is really developing into an exciting plot! Fantastic job, everyone!

And Lyn is right -- SF can definitely be a sweet romance too (she writes them), and I'm thinking of trying my hand at it. :)

Gail Pallotta
January 25th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Good job, Laurie! I like getting to know Ranger a little better in your excerpt.

Laurean
January 31st, 2011, 02:45 PM
Sheesh! I just found these comments on the SF saga. Thanks, Miss Mae, Lyn, Dani, Anne, and Gail. Can't wait to read what happens next????

Laurean
January 31st, 2011, 08:23 PM
Whoa, Gail! This was awesome! Love how you brought out the softer side of Kira and protective side of Ranger. Not to mention the addition of gargoyles and "The Light In The Darkness." Great stuff. You go, Girlfriend.

Miss Mae
January 31st, 2011, 08:23 PM
It's been posted, Laurie, and it's brilliant! :)

Miss Mae
January 31st, 2011, 08:24 PM
Whoa, Gail! This was awesome! Love how you brought out the softer side of Kira and protective side of Ranger. Not to mention the addition of gargoyles and "The Light In The Darkness." Great stuff. You go, Girlfriend.

Uh huh!!! Yep, yep, yep!

Gail Pallotta
January 31st, 2011, 09:16 PM
Awww, Laurean and Miss Mae,
Thank you so much. I appreciate all the support.

DanielleThorne
February 8th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Great, great job, Joyce. I loved it! Super twist, I would have never thought of going that direction. This is getting really good. We need to continue it all the way to the end, then edit and make it a free giveaway!

Really enjoyed it!

Miss Mae
February 8th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Joyce DiPastena added the most fantastic brilliant twist to this story. Fabulous! Incredible! I can't wait to see what happens next!

Gail Pallotta
February 8th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Hi Joyce,

I love your post!!!

Joyce DiPastena
February 8th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Whew! I'm so glad you guys liked it. Not long into the story, I suddenly started thinking, "If there's a Tekron II, there had to have been a Tekron I, right?" From that moment, I wanted to work that into the story somehow, but I didn't know where you guys were going with all your threads, so I didn't know if I'd be able to pull it off. Gail's "light/vapor" gave me the perfect opportunity. Thanks, Gail! :)

Miss Mae
February 8th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Well, it was a brilliant angle, Joyce. I hadn't even considered a "Tekron I" when I started the opening segment! LOL

Gail Pallotta
February 8th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Whew! I'm so glad you guys liked it. Not long into the story, I suddenly started thinking, "If there's a Tekron II, there had to have been a Tekron I, right?" From that moment, I wanted to work that into the story somehow, but I didn't know where you guys were going with all your threads, so I didn't know if I'd be able to pull it off. Gail's "light/vapor" gave me the perfect opportunity. Thanks, Gail! :)
Oh good, I'm glad Light in the Darkness came in handy.

Gail Pallotta
February 19th, 2011, 03:54 PM
:clap:Love Regina's addition. You rock, Regina.

DanielleThorne
February 22nd, 2011, 12:54 AM
Regina and Miss Mae--I enjoyed your additions.

Gail Pallotta
February 22nd, 2011, 11:07 AM
smilies/dancingspotsWay to tell us more about Ranger, Miss Mae! I loved getting to know about him. Even found out he has a history with Monarch.

Miss Mae
February 22nd, 2011, 11:17 AM
smilies/dancingspotsWay to tell us more about Ranger, Miss Mae! I loved getting to know about him. Even found out he has a history with Monarch.

Thanks, Gail. :) After reading everyone's contributions, their "connection" just seemed somehow to "fit". :)

DanielleThorne
March 1st, 2011, 12:01 PM
Wow....I have to say, that is my favorite excerpt so far. It may only be a transition scene, but it flows so natural, and the description is believable in a way you really buy without realizing it.

Larry...I think you may be a natural sci-fi writer.

:)

Gail Pallotta
March 1st, 2011, 04:15 PM
:clap:A great excerpt, Larry, with lots of new things introduced, including a new character to follow.

Gail Pallotta
March 8th, 2011, 01:01 PM
A great post, Rachel. Have we seen the last of Delilah, or will someone put her back together?:yes:

Laurean
March 8th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Woo-hoo! Wonderful post! Delilah is out of the picture. Or is she? Who can tell where this saga will end? Hope Ranger and Kira make it out alive.

Thank you, Joyce. This was oh soooo creative!

Miss Mae
March 15th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Fantastic additions by Rachel and Danielle. I love this story! :)

Gail Pallotta
March 15th, 2011, 04:23 PM
:wideeyed:Hi Danielle,
I loved your addition to Escape from Tekron II. I like that they're dragging Monarch along. Great job.

Gail Pallotta
March 22nd, 2011, 09:13 AM
Bouncy Icon SmilieI loved your sci-fi post, Laurean. Couldn't believe the insects. I'm so glad to see Kira and Ranger getting together and what an ending with the threat from Monarch. You go!

Joyce DiPastena
March 29th, 2011, 07:18 PM
I had to cover my eyes while reading about all those bugs, but it was a great scene, Laurene!

Laurean
March 29th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Joyce, you can blame Danielle for the bugs. LOL. She ended her segment with the mention of bugs. Thanks to her, I got the idea to concoct the wild story.

HywelaLyn
May 25th, 2011, 09:15 AM
What a great story and a fantastic ending! Sorry to be so late commenting here - I've been meaning to for ages, but you know what the road to hell is paved with! LOL.

Congratulations to everyone concerned, especially of cours Miss Mae.

As an avid SF reader and writer I hope if you were unfamiliar with the genre and tried it out here, you've found how much fun Science Fiction can be to write. Great work, loved it!