PDA

View Full Version : Historical romance reads 2011

Grace Elliot
January 9th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Hello again,
I've just started 'The Heir' by Grace Burrowes.
How silly a reason for chosing a book is this - the author has the same first name as me! I was curious to see how another Grace measured up!
Well I'm happy to report that so far 'The Heir' is a rivetting read. The hero is a Duke-in-waiting, and as well as being handsome, he is also meticulous and deep thinking...sounds promising. Looking forward to the rest of the book.
So what about you? What is your first historical romance read of 2011?

Do leave a comment and let everyone know.
Grace x

Blak4dr
February 5th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Hi Grace,

So how did you find the book? I bought it as well but haven't read it yet.

For myself, I started with Vicky Dreiling's "How to marry a Duke". It was good and I recommend it :). I believe it is her first and I'm waiting for the next !

Grace Elliot
February 5th, 2011, 04:58 PM
...not sure if you should read on but 'The Heir' didnt live up to its early promise...suffered from a lack of believable plot. Perhaps you will find different so do read it.
Now reading 'Cross Stitch' by Diana Gabaldon - I believe it's called 'Outlander' in the US.

Blak4dr
February 6th, 2011, 03:04 AM
I'll keep it for much later then, as I have more stuff to read in the meantime ;)

a_charol
February 6th, 2011, 03:39 PM
I been reading the recent Anne Stuart historicals - "Reckless" and "Breathless". I enjoy her dark overtones.

Erin Grace
February 7th, 2011, 05:23 AM
Hi Grace....you're not the only historical lover out there....

I'm Erin Grace and other than writing for Lyrical Press, I serve the Mistress (Karenne) as a proof reader for reviews on CTR...

I don't get out of the basement often, but I love reading Lisa Kleypas and adore Julie Garwood, Amanda Quick and Georgette Heyer!...

Catch up with you soon!

Erin