PDA

View Full Version : Website overhaul

MychaelBlack
June 16th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Amidst insane children, which included my 5 yo autistic son having a full-blown meltdown, I finally got my website revamped. Will be getting my own domain, etc, later, but here it is:

http://www.geocities.com/mychaelblack

gincat61
June 24th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Mychael, whenever I'm lurking about and happen across a post from a writer with an autistic child, I can't help my responding. My autistic child is 8 years old, and I didn't believe in magic until I was blessed with him (although he thinks he has the raw end of the deal with me as his mama). My child taught me how to see things from a different point of view, and now I can understand why he does some of the things that he does (he can't say the same for me, because some of the things I do don't even make sense to me). Meltdowns are like hurricanes, but wasn't there a time when we felt free enough to express ourselves with such passion?

MychaelBlack
June 24th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Absolutely.

James (my son) amazes me every single day, even if it's just a smile. Two and a half years ago, he wouldn't even make eye contact, much less smile. Now he'll say "I love you" when I tell him I love him. :)