PDA

View Full Version : New Weekly Tip

simplypaige
June 19th, 2007, 06:57 AM
This weeks tip is simple and easy. Don't get discouraged. It is so easy to get overwhelmed when you think of all the pictures you have and how far behind you think you are. But just remember scrapbooking is fun and a way to preserve your family photos. There is no reason to think you are years behind, remember this is for you and your family, not the world. So you haven't yet done your second childs baby photos. No big deal. Just take it one day at a time, one page at a time. You might be surprised and find yourself working for hours one day and completing 5 or more pages without even realizing it.

So this week just remember DONT GET DISCOURAGED.

luv2read
June 19th, 2007, 11:18 AM
I have to tell you this was a great tip. I get easily discouraged when I can't find a certain picture among the ones that I have. I have so many that I don't know what to do with them.

simplypaige
June 19th, 2007, 11:22 AM
I am right there with you. I have years that I am trying to go back and finally get into a scrapbook. My husband and I were married almost 14 years ago and I am finally putting these pictures into a real scrapbook. We have them in a photo album, but they are not archival safe.

My suggestion, is take one stack at a time. Go through and try and organize. This may take time, but it is worth it in the end. Also, if possible have a dedicated place in your home to do your scrapbooking so that you can leave it out all the time. I finally am getting a place in our office to have mine set up.

If you have questions, please let me know and I will try and help you out.

luv2read
June 19th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the tips. I am going to go thru and make piles and then arrange them accordingly. Hopefully, unless I pull my hair out...LOL

simplypaige
June 20th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Remember to keep it small. Take one stack at a time. If you try and do all your pictures at one time you will get completely overwhelmed and frustrated. Another thing I do with my pictures is I have them in the envelops in date order and then I take that month (or two months) and make smaller stacks of pictures.

Hope this helps.