PDA

View Full Version : OMG I made it!

A.E. Rought
June 20th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Hi, Everybody!

AE Rought here. I should've been here a long while ago, but my friend's germ decided to attack me, and I've been under the weather and stuggling to keep up with daily life here. (RA meds make it difficult for me to fight off nasty germs!)

So, an intro to me...I'm *gasp* 36, soon to be 37 (Friday!!). I've been writing since 2000, have e-books under two different names and even have a print pub looking at my children's stories. I've got a great husband, a real MAN who even carried me when I couldn't walk because of my arthritis. Honestly, Girls, this guy is a hero. He washed my hair for me when I couldn't!

I take my coffee with 1/2 and 1/2, no sugar. I love it flavored, Vanilla Hazelnut being my favourite. The only thing better would be a cookie or two to dip into it. (But, my butt doesn't need that!)

Depending on the day, I listen to moody rock and roll, or even Middle Eastern chant music. I like to watch house, American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance. But, one of my favourite things to watch, which might be a shocker for y'all is MMA cagefighting! I love it, and it really helps for writing realistic fight scenes:) Oh, and my hubby has some guns, which I am learnging to shoot, too! :gun_bandana: Two shockers there for you!

Reading wise... I haven't read much lately, and honestly I fell into writing romance because those are the stories in my soul, not necessarily the genre I read. I used to be a pure sword and scorcery girl; Tolkein, Stephan R. Donaldson, Carole Nelson Douglas.

Ummm...yeah, I don't talk about myself much. *sigh* So, how about a few links?
http://www.aerought.com (under construction)
http://aerought.blogspot.com
http://www.myspace.com/aerought

Bright Blessings!
AE
Love, Light, and Shadows...
Nuermar's Last Witch available now!
http://samhainpublishing.com/romance/nuermars-last-witch

Karenne
June 20th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Welcome to our Forum Family. And happy birthday :happybday: in advance!

We are fun and relaxing so now doubt you will be having fun really really soon!

jadxiadax
June 21st, 2007, 03:10 AM
Hell, yeah girl. I saw you are a fan of WWE and UFC. And you write my kind of stories. i like you already, LOL!! So what do you think of Vince's "death"? And do you think Dana White will actually be able to talk Kurt Angle into joining up? Okay I will quit yacking for the moment. Welcome thrice fold!

Blessed be,
Jax

A.E. Rought
June 21st, 2007, 10:05 AM
**seems that my first reply got lost somehow...weird...**

Merry Meet, Jax! seems we have a few things in common :)

Vince's death? Nothing but a farce, Girlfriend! Publicity stunt. My hubby did some digging and found the truth on some obscure little article somewhere. Not that I would miss him if he WAS dead. I am sooo sick of the "Kiss my a** club" stuff. Give me Stone Cold!!

Kurt Angle in the UFC. Hmmm I don't think he'd last long in a real fight. Style purists usually don't. I would like to see him make the move, though, and get his tookus kicked up around his ears! But, I'm just hating on his ring persona. My GF's friend was in TNA and is making the move to WWE, and he said Kurt is actually a humble, hardworking guy off-screen.

As to the writing, keep your eyes oon me, I've got some awesome stuff inthe pike! Vampires. A real bitch of a werewolf. Nuermar's Last Witch's sequel... *sigh* Goddess bless me, I love writing!!

Bright Blessings,
AE

Lainey
June 22nd, 2007, 04:36 AM
OK IT IS OFFICIALLY YOUR BIRTHDAY HERE so now I can really say it ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY A.E. and I am very glad to have you here and it seems you will be able to bring some new ideas and fun things to our group.

Have a great day today.

Lainey

A.E. Rought
June 22nd, 2007, 08:54 AM
Merry Meet, Lainey!

Summer Solstice has passed, but the Blessings abound in well-wishes and a place I truely feel at home! I'm glad that you are happy to have me, because I really like it here.

Bright Blessings,
AE

Linda L Lattimer
June 24th, 2007, 01:15 PM
A.E. hope you had a happy birthday and I love stories about vampires

Were you able to catch the Blood Ties series on Lifetime channel?

Linda

A.E. Rought
June 25th, 2007, 08:13 AM
Hi, Linda,

Vampires are a favourite subject of mine--the heady mix of passion and pain is most bewitching... *sigh* But, I did not watch Blood Ties. With a teen, a pre-teen and a hubby I like to snuggle next to a night, there are just some shows that go unwatched here. What can I say? Family comes first :)

Kissa Starling
June 25th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Welcome to the group and happy birthday. I was born in Michigan but live in Georgia now. Congrats on all of the ebooks. I just recently had my first short story published with Twilight so that is exciting.
Sounds like you have a true man. I have one of those myself, couldn't ask for a better one.
Kissa Starling

A.E. Rought
June 26th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Congrats on your sale, Kissa! And for having a good man--they truly are hard to find and those with one are truly Blessed.

btw, Hun, I LOVE your icon/avatar/pic thingy! Very, very cool :)

jadxiadax
July 12th, 2007, 02:01 AM
FYI: just some gossip for you. Angle turned down Dana White. He wanted more $$$$$ for less fights. Someone ought to remind him that his gold medal is a little out-dated and no one is going to keep paying prime $$$ for sub-prime material. Hope you had an enjoyable solstice!

Jax