PDA

View Full Version : What am i gonna do

redruby
June 20th, 2007, 05:53 PM
What am i gonna do wen the series is finished. wat are u guys gonna do. I've become so attached to this book. they should make a movie like harry potter and all these other movies based on books. I no that the series has to end sometime and I feel that wen it does i am gonna go loco. someone tell me wat i should do after.

:unsure:

Dani
June 21st, 2007, 12:02 AM
Well you don't have to go crazy yet. I pulled this from the Waiting for book 5 thread. This is what Keri said about the books...There's at least another three books coming. I've actually planned the emotional arc up until book 9. What happens after that depends on how well the books are received when what I've planned to happen happens :) how's that for a tease?

So see there's still many books to come especially if she does go up to 9 books. I will hate it when the series is over though, but I'll always have them to re-read. :leph:
As for what to do when the series is over, there's not much that I can tell you except look into more books. Look at the rest of the Coffee Time boards to see if there is another author here that strikes a fancy with you and read them. I love Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series (7 books so far and 3 short stories in other books, plus another short story due out soon). They're a great read. Mary Janice Davidson's Undead series is way funny and her Wyndham Wolf series are good too. She's also got a book about a mermaid and another installment of Fred (Yes, the mermaid's name is Fred) is due in November. I was told that Kim Harrison has an awsome series going and so does Laurell K. Hamilton. I haven't read either of these ladies yet, but I'm going to starting with Kim Harrison. There are many authors out there that have great stories just waiting to be read. You just have to find the right ones to suit you. Hopefully we'll have a long ride with the Riley series and it will keep us so busy that we won't have time for any others. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
June 23rd, 2007, 10:46 AM
Oh Redruby I never thoguth of that when the books end. Since I thought she would end the books when people stop reading but of course we all love it that we will never stop reading.
But like most good things it must end some time and have a happily ever after hopefully.
Yeah and I have to agree with Irishwolf, Charlaine Harris' books are great as well. Sookie has many vamp problems as well as shapeshifters too.
But now am reading Anita Blake suggested by my friend who has pretty much all of them made. I am getting addicted to reading those as well. I can't seem to put them down, well until the next Keri Arthur book comes out. Right chicas distract until the next one so we won't go mad.

Dani
June 23rd, 2007, 12:52 PM
You got that right girlie! Always need a distraction between my favorite books coming out and I usually end up finding another author that I really like. I was told that Anita Blake was great as well. Maybe when I finish the books I've got on my TBR pile I'll start hers.

Illyria
June 23rd, 2007, 01:15 PM
yeah, you see how many anita blake books, Laurell K Hamilton has written. and i don't see that series ending anytime soon. we just have to keep thinking positive that there will be many more books in this series. :yes:

Karenne
June 23rd, 2007, 04:55 PM
I am sure that with Keri's creative and furtile mind (evil grin) she will have lots of Keri books for a long time.:taz:

KeriArthur
June 23rd, 2007, 07:19 PM
I don't plan on giving up writing any time soon, so hopefully there will be lots of my books crowding the shelves for a while yet....

however, there's lots of good series out there at the moment. Kim Harrison's series is great, and Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson series (moon called and blood bound) is fantastic too. Lilith Saintcrow's Danny Valentine series is another good one. And Jenna Black has a series coming out in Dec--the first one is called The Devil Inside (I read the ARC, and loved it).

Karenne
June 23rd, 2007, 08:57 PM
I will vouch for the Mercy series! They are great. :yes:

ohh...going to have check out Jenna Black's new series!:balloon:

Illyria
June 23rd, 2007, 10:39 PM
I love Mercy Thompson series. and really look forward to third book too. :lol:

Dani
June 23rd, 2007, 10:41 PM
The new Mercy book is called Iron Kissed and it will be out in Jan. 2008. I absolutely love this series. It's what got me started on shifters of all sorts. Patty can certainly weave a great story. I can't wait for this book either. Thank gosh that Keri brings out book sooner than just once a year. :whoohoo:

Illyria
June 23rd, 2007, 10:43 PM
The new Mercy book is called Iron Kissed and it will be out in Jan. 2008. I absolutely love this series. It's what got me started on shifters of all sorts. Patty can certainly weave a great story. I can't wait for this book either. Thank gosh that Keri brings out book sooner than just once a year. :whoohoo:

yeah, i agree. and all the other books Keri has writen too, that i can't wait to read too, :lol:

Dani
June 24th, 2007, 11:37 PM
I can't either. They all look so good.

Illyria
June 25th, 2007, 12:08 AM
yeah. i am definitely be going to be broke before the summer is over with, lol

Dani
June 25th, 2007, 12:39 AM
You and me both honey! I need extra fund for my addiction. :lol:

Illyria
June 25th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Must find a new job to support my habit, :lol:

Dani
June 25th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I think we all need to do that.

Illyria
June 25th, 2007, 06:06 PM
:lol: no kidding

Karenne
June 27th, 2007, 12:29 AM

Oh my gosh! Really? I missed that piece of news (fans face) I am so excited!:elvis:

Dani
June 27th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Yeah Karenne! Here's her website www.hurog.com/index.shtml (http://www.hurog.com/index.shtml). All the info is under books.

Karenne
June 28th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Thank you IrishWolf!

Dani
June 28th, 2007, 11:23 AM
You're welcome! Anything to help.