PDA

View Full Version : February 2011 Chat is Here, 2/10/11!

Miss Mae
February 10th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Hello, Coffee Time! :)

Second Thursday of February, which is today, means we are chatting from noon EST until....we finish! :)

Readers, join us as we share news of books, stories, reviews, contests -- and of digging out from the snow!

Enjoy your breakfast, grab an extra cup of coffee, and then join us at noon! See ya!DrinkingCoffeeahhh

Miss Mae
February 10th, 2011, 12:58 PM
It's almost noon, so I'm going to go ahead and start. :)

"Sweeties" will be here on and off all day as we each also tend to other things outside our authorly lives...*gasp*...Right! We do actually have other things outside of writing, LOL

Miss Mae
February 10th, 2011, 01:04 PM
First of all, I'd like to welcome all authors, readers, and lurkers. If you're new to this group, a bit of info: We write only G-rated material. This by no means translates into boring books! We feel there's a saturation of sensual/erotic stories, so we concentrate with tales of suspense, intrigue, inspirations, etc., all those "feel good" kind of tales. :)

And a brief bio about Miss Mae:

<!--><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> All of Miss Mae’s romantic mysteries, “Said the Spider to the Fly”, “When the Bough Breaks”, “Dove Island”, “It’s Extraordinary, My Dear Winifred” and “See No Evil, My Pretty Lady” are award winning best sellers. Her latest, “Catch Me If You Can” has already received top rated five-star reviews. Tantalizing trailers, and more information, is readily available at her website: www.missmaesite.com (http://www.missmaesite.com)

Miss Mae also enjoys writing humor and non-fiction articles. Besides her monthly contributions to the ezine American Chronicle, some of her publications can be found in [I]The Front Porch Magazine, Good Old Days, and WritersWeekly.

Her alter ego, M.M. also has her first children’s/humor book, “The Mishaps of Gum Drop Island” available in digital download at Smashwords, and now in print at Amazon.

She co-mod’s The Sweetest Romance Authors Yahoo Group, a group of romance authors who guarantee their stories adhere to a G-rating. Visit our blog at http://thesweetestromanceauthors.blogspot.com

DanielleThorne
February 10th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Hi Miss Mae and everyone visiting today:

We got a sprinkle of snow down here in south-central Georgia last night. Clear roads though.

I hope everyone is having a great month and getting excited to spread a little love around on Valentine's Day.

This month I am promoting some of my recent releases, JOSETTE, BY HEART AND COMPASS, SOUTHERN GIRL-YANKEE ROOTS, and the re-release of my pirate novel, THE PRIVATEER. Last fall was crazy with so many things happening at the same time but I am enjoying this late winter editing and even reading off and on!

You can find out more about me at my website:
www.daniellethorne.com

Hang around and chat with us today. If you haven't seen our Round Robin Sci-fi story going on in this forum, you'll definitely want to check that out.

Hope everyone is staying warm!

Laurean
February 10th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Good Morning, Miss Mae. (It's a little after 11 here.) Did you get any snow this round? We got a couple more inches yesterday on top of the 4 on Sunday night.

Laurean
February 10th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Hi Miss Mae and everyone visiting today:

We got a sprinkle of snow down here in south-central Georgia last night. Clear roads though.

I hope everyone is having a great month and getting excited to spread a little love around on Valentine's Day.

This month I am promoting some of my recent releases, JOSETTE, BY HEART AND COMPASS, SOUTHERN GIRL-YANKEE ROOTS, and the re-release of my pirate novel, THE PRIVATEER. Last fall was crazy with so many things happening at the same time but I am enjoying this late winter editing and even reading off and on!

You can find out more about me at my website:
www.daniellethorne.com

Hang around and chat with us today. If you haven't seen our Round Robin Sci-fi story going on in this forum, you'll definitely want to check that out.

Hope everyone is staying warm!
Hi Danielle. I'll trade our 6 inches of snow for your sprinkling. But the sun is shining and it promises to be warmer.

Don't you love how our Sci-Fi is coming along here at Coffee Time? We should post the link and invite others to add their twist.

Miss Mae
February 10th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Hi Laurie and Danielle. Great to see you! :)

We rec'd less than an inch of snow (yayy!), and now the sun is out melting that away. I'm so glad!

We will have to run some errands, but I plan to get active here at the chat when we return.

And, YES! Everyone should slip down here in our forum and read our amazing round robin. It's incredible! :)

Gail Pallotta
February 10th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Good afternoon Miss Mae, Danielle and Laurean,
I see we've been talking snow. And yes, I had some too, but it's not too bad here. I've heard it snowed quite a bit in Tennessee.

Gail Pallotta
February 10th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Danielle, Miss Mae and Laurean,
I know all of you have been busy in your writing lives with books and stories. Tell us a little about your latest.

Gail Pallotta
February 10th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Hi Danielle. I'll trade our 6 inches of snow for your sprinkling. But the sun is shining and it promises to be warmer.

Don't you love how our Sci-Fi is coming along here at Coffee Time? We should post the link and invite others to add their twist.
Hi Danielle,
Tell me a little about Southern Girl -- Yankee Roots. I knew you had lots of releases, but I'm not familiar with that one.

Laurean
February 10th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Danielle, Miss Mae and Laurean,
I know all of you have been busy in your writing lives with books and stories. Tell us a little about your latest.
Hey Gail, Hope you are staying warm. I need to feed my dogs. I'll be back in a few. Why don't you tell us about your latest, meanwhile?

Gail Pallotta
February 10th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Hey Gail, Hope you are staying warm. I need to feed my dogs. I'll be back in a few. Why don't you tell us about your latest, meanwhile?
Hi Laurean,
Thanks. An excerpt from Love Turns the Tide won the Clash of the Titles Challenge in the nature / weather category. Here's the excerpt.
When she strolled on the wooden walkway to the gazebo that overlooked the seaside, seeing the beauty of the water and miles of white sand dotted with sea oats blowing in the breeze stopped her in her tracks. What a sight it must have been for the disciples when they saw Jesus upright on the lake. The Bible said they were frightened and thought it might be a spirit instead of Christ until he told them “…Take courage. It is I. Don’t be afraid.” Then Peter walked on the water. As long as he stayed focused on Jesus he never faltered, but when he became skeptical and turned his attention to the wind, he sank. In Matthew 14: 31, when Jesus caught him he said, “You of little faith, why did you doubt?”<O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
Why did she doubt? Now when she needed God most with her life spinning out of control, for some reason she didn’t understand she felt more estranged from him than she ever had. If only he would take the weight of the failed romance, the new job, and a new home off her shoulders. She was saying her prayers and reading her Bible every day. What more could she do? She strolled down the steps beyond the dunes amid the smell of salt and fish and stationed her chair in front of the sea, which seemed to call to her. So she waded through it to a sand bar, where the roaring water drowned out every other sound as the brine splashed on her long thin blue beach jacket. While the white capped waves broke beside her, she swung her arms upward and breathed deep again and again.<O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
Before the sun grew too hot, she headed back toward her seat, where white seagulls with gray trim soared overhead, squawking then landed in a flock and stood at attention like miniature guards of the shore. Suddenly a sandpiper lit at the edge of the ocean and drilled at something so fast his tiny beak blurred. Fascinated, Cammie leaned forward and wondered if she’d ever seen anything so cute. <O:p></O:p>
What kind of dogs do you have?
Miss Mae, have you told everyone about Doggy Tales?

DanielleThorne
February 10th, 2011, 01:50 PM
[quote=Laurean;140981]Hi Danielle. I'll trade our 6 inches of snow for your sprinkling. But the sun is shining and it promises to be warmer.

I'd take that trade, Laurean! Even Atlanta always gets more than we do. We either get ice or just a dusting. I'd love to have some heavy snowfall but I know everyone north of us is sick of it.

Gail Pallotta
February 10th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Everyone must have gone to lunch. I'll take advantage of the quiet time to talk about Love Turns the Tide. Here's why I wrote it. But, I'd love to hear from some of our lurkers out there too. Is it snowing where you are? What's your idea of a great Valentine's Day? chocolates? perfume? candlight dinner?
Before I started Love Turns the Tide I wanted to write an entertaining story that offered readers an escape and added something to their lives. Over the years I’ve talked to lots of people about their problems. When I was growing up one of my friends thought I’d end up writing an advice column in a newspaper, but I just listened to those who needed someone to talk to. I learned that people often work through their own problems, when they talk to someone else about them. However, I did hear about some heartbreaking relationships. Even though some couples meet, fall in love, and walk down the aisle, others get hurt over and over before they find the right person. Cammie, the main character in Love Turns the Tide, is one of those people. But, God had a plan for her life just as he does for each of us, and I wanted to show that. My idea was to create a book of faith and hope that took the reader to a romantic place.

Gail Pallotta
February 10th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Hi Danielle,
I was just asking about Southern Girl -- Yankee Roots. I haven't heard about it.

DanielleThorne
February 10th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Hi Danielle,
Tell me a little about Southern Girl -- Yankee Roots. I knew you had lots of releases, but I'm not familiar with that one.

Hi Gail. Congrats on your Clash of the Titles win with Love Turns the Tide. ;)

SOUTHERN GIRL, YANKEE ROOTS is a poetry volume I published with Willow Moon Publishing last fall. As of right now, it is an ebook, but I am looking forward to the promise of it being in print. It's a collection of poetry written during my twenties and thirties as I struggled with the second phase of growing up.

Here's the link:
http://www.willowmoonpublishing.com/sogiyaro.html

And here's a sample!

Southern Woman

They called momma a Damn Yankee

because she didn’t know

what to do with bacon fat.

She pulled up half the garden

before she learned the difference between

snapdragons and plain old weeds.

My step-Grandmama showed her

how to use an iron skillet,

and Momma gave up show tunes for

John Denver records.

On Saturdays, she’d cut hair free

for everyone in town,

While they taught us kids to drink ice tea

and eat trout.

I forgot about Chicago

when they sent me down the road

to that old mountain school.

DanielleThorne
February 10th, 2011, 01:58 PM
I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed Joyce DiPastena's addition to the Sci Fi story this week. I loved the twist of taking the story to a new setting. The new planet reminded me of Luke Skywalker's home planet--the two suns, the rolling desert. I don't know why, but that's just what flashed in my mind. For some reason, I've always found the notion of more than one sun on the horizon very romantic and peaceful.

Gail Pallotta
February 10th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Oh, that's lovely, Danielle,
I love poetry. What a neat thing to do. The poem reminds me of when my mother moved from a Southern city to a rural area. She went to the grocery -- didn't know a soul in town. When the cashier checked her out, she asked her if she needed a poke. My mother jumped back -- thought the lady was going to hit her. LOL

DanielleThorne
February 10th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Cammie, the main character in Love Turns the Tide, is one of those people. But, God had a plan for her life just as he does for each of us, and I wanted to show that. My idea was to create a book of faith and hope that took the reader to a romantic place.

I always find peace in the idea that God has a plan for each of us. For myself, and those I love. Sometimes knowing there's a reason for everything that happens to us, is the only way we can get through. You picked a great theme to write about, Gail.
In my opinion! ;)

DanielleThorne
February 10th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Oh, that's lovely, Danielle,
I love poetry. What a neat thing to do. The poem reminds me of when my mother moved from a Southern city to a rural area. She went to the grocery -- didn't know a soul in town. When the cashier checked her out, she asked her if she needed a poke. My mother jumped back -- thought the lady was going to hit her. LOL

That's funny! I love the regional differences in our country's slang. It's great fun!

Out west I always heard "pop"...we called it "soda"...others call it "Coke" as in coke for every kind of soda. I can usually peg where people are from by what word they use for soda. lol

Gail Pallotta
February 10th, 2011, 02:06 PM
I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed Joyce DiPastena's addition to the Sci Fi story this week. I loved the twist of taking the story to a new setting. The new planet reminded me of Luke Skywalker's home planet--the two suns, the rolling desert. I don't know why, but that's just what flashed in my mind. For some reason, I've always found the notion of more than one sun on the horizon very romantic and peaceful.
I love our sci-fi round robin. Here's the link to it for anyone who might want to read it.
http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=1103 (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=1103)

Gail Pallotta
February 10th, 2011, 02:07 PM
That's funny! I love the regional differences in our country's slang. It's great fun!

Out west I always heard "pop"...we called it "soda"...others call it "Coke" as in coke for every kind of soda. I can usually peg where people are from by what word they use for soda. lol
Yes, it's fun to be able to tell where someone's from, and then, to listen to their stories.

Gail Pallotta
February 10th, 2011, 02:10 PM
smilies/balsmilies.gWhat's your idea of a great Valentine's Day, Danielle. Do you want chocolates, roses, candlelight dinner? What's everybody's idea of a great Valentine's Day?

Gail Pallotta
February 10th, 2011, 02:12 PM
I always find peace in the idea that God has a plan for each of us. For myself, and those I love. Sometimes knowing there's a reason for everything that happens to us, is the only way we can get through. You picked a great theme to write about, Gail.
In my opinion! ;)
Thank you, Danielle, that means a lot, especially coming from you.

Gail Pallotta
February 10th, 2011, 02:16 PM
:cool2:I've been looking around for something to get my husband for Valentine's Day. I go more for something that he needs rather than something romantic, even though I try to get a romantic card. Valentine's Day will be here before we know it. Seems like it was just Christmas.

Laurean
February 10th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Amen to that. God does have a plan for our lives. I'll go a little further; I believe we won't truly be at peace until we find His plan. I've struggled with this all my life, desiring to find His plan, but not sure If I am really hearing from Him, or it's my own desire.

I'm beginning to see that the more time I spend with Him, the clearer His plan becomes. If I don't spend time in prayer, I can't get focused or stay focused, and it REALLY affects my writing and mood.

Gail Pallotta
February 10th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Everyone's gone again. Okay, I'll put up a blurb about Love Turns the Tide.
Shattered by a failed romance and challenged by a new job, feature writer Cammie O’Shea dreads meeting Bill Collins, editor of The Sun Dial, a new newspaperin Destin, Florida. But her real source of angst turns out to be Vic Deleona, a real estate developer she interviews. Still in pain from her heartbreaking split-up, Cammie wants no new relationships. But Vic thwarts her efforts to complete his article, arranges extra meetings and attempts to court her. She resists his advances. However, after several mysterious break-ins occur, including one at Cammie’s condo, she and Vic launch their own investigation into the crimes. Then, Cammie grows fond of him. But, she gets an opportunity to return home to her old job. Will Vic solve the crimes and win Cammie’s heart or will she leave Destin? <O:p></O:p>

Laurean
February 10th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Valentine's gifts? I REALLY want a huge box of chocolates. But I don't need it. A new blouse, a romance novel? Both rate high on my list. (Confession: If it weren't for chocolates, I might not need the new blouse. LOL.)

EAWest
February 10th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Good afternoon! I hope everyone's staying warm. It's all of 15 degrees here (I refuse to think about the wind chill), but at least the sun is shining. :clap:

For the sake of introduction, here's a little about me (straight from my recently updated website (http://eawest.mcphitty.com) :whistilin:):

I’m E.A. West, author of sweet and inspirational romance. I've loved books and reading my entire life. In high school, I discovered the wonders of writing and dreamed of sharing my stories with the world. In 2008, that dream came true when I had my first short story published in a small literary journal. Since then, my list of publishing credits had grown to include ebooks and articles. As always, I have a couple of works in progress and dozens of ideas waiting to be written.

I live with my family and a small zoo of pets, including the typical dogs and cats, and the more unusual African water frogs and a ribbon snake. My interests are as varied as my critters. I've been known to carry on conversations about everything from politics and current events to gardening and theology. When I'm not writing, you can usually find me working on my latest knitting or crochet project.

Gail Pallotta
February 10th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Amen to that. God does have a plan for our lives. I'll go a little further; I believe we won't truly be at peace until we find His plan. I've struggled with this all my life, desiring to find His plan, but not sure If I am really hearing from Him, or it's my own desire.

I'm beginning to see that the more time I spend with Him, the clearer His plan becomes. If I don't spend time in prayer, I can't get focused or stay focused, and it REALLY affects my writing and mood.
Hi Laurean,
So glad to see you. Since we're on the subject, I'll mention my guest blogger. She put up a wonderful devotional on my blog. If anyone would like to read it. It's called "Not a Dress Rehearsal" and it's at http://www.gailpallotta.blogspot.com

Laurean, what kind of dogs do you have? I'm sure they were appreciative of their lunch.

Gail Pallotta
February 10th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Valentine's gifts? I REALLY want a huge box of chocolates. But I don't need it. A new blouse, a romance novel? Both rate high on my list. (Confession: If it weren't for chocolates, I might not need the new blouse. LOL.)
LoL. I'll take a dinner out. It doesn't need to be candlelight, just out. LOL

Gail Pallotta
February 10th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Hi E. A.
Congratulations on your new Web site and on all of your writing.

EAWest
February 10th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Hi E. A.
Congratulations on your new Web site and on all of your writing.
Thanks, Gail! I just read the guest post on your blog. Awesome stuff!

Gail Pallotta
February 10th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Good afternoon! I hope everyone's staying warm. It's all of 15 degrees here (I refuse to think about the wind chill), but at least the sun is shining. :clap:

For the sake of introduction, here's a little about me (straight from my recently updated website (http://eawest.mcphitty.com) :whistilin:):

I’m E.A. West, author of sweet and inspirational romance. I've loved books and reading my entire life. In high school, I discovered the wonders of writing and dreamed of sharing my stories with the world. In 2008, that dream came true when I had my first short story published in a small literary journal. Since then, my list of publishing credits had grown to include ebooks and articles. As always, I have a couple of works in progress and dozens of ideas waiting to be written.

I live with my family and a small zoo of pets, including the typical dogs and cats, and the more unusual African water frogs and a ribbon snake. My interests are as varied as my critters. I've been known to carry on conversations about everything from politics and current events to gardening and theology. When I'm not writing, you can usually find me working on my latest knitting or crochet project.
E. A.,
What size is an African water frog? Does it go rib-it? or make another sound? Have you ever written a story or book with African water frogs in it?

DanielleThorne

Hi EA,
Hope you're having a great day!

Gail Pallotta
Thanks, Gail! I just read the guest post on your blog. Awesome stuff!
Thank you and thanks for visiting the blog.

DanielleThorne
February 10th, 2011, 02:37 PM

I think a lot of the time, he wants us to find our own plan, chart our own courses, and as long as they are uplifting and positive, He helps us along the way.

DanielleThorne
February 10th, 2011, 02:38 PM
smilies/balsmilies.gWhat's your idea of a great Valentine's Day, Danielle. Do you want chocolates, roses, candlelight dinner? What's everybody's idea of a great Valentine's Day?

For me it's just chocolate or some small token of affection. Even a burger out. Nothing big. :)

DanielleThorne
February 10th, 2011, 02:39 PM
E. A.,
What size is an African water frog? Does it go rib-it? or make another sound? Have you ever written a story or book with African water frogs in it?

Whatever it is, it sounds HUGE!

Gail Pallotta
February 10th, 2011, 02:41 PM
It's been great chatting with you. Have a wonderful rest-of-the-day. I have to go to the eye doctor. See you here next time.

DanielleThorne
February 10th, 2011, 02:44 PM
It's been great chatting with you. Have a wonderful rest-of-the-day. I have to go to the eye doctor. See you here next time.

Bye, Gail, good luck at the eye doctor!

EAWest
February 10th, 2011, 02:53 PM
E. A.,
The size of an African water frog depends on the species. I have a dwarf frog that's only about 2-3 inches long and another frog that's 4-5 inches long. My sister had a female that was around 6 inches long. They don't exactly ribbit, but the males make a sound kind of like a creaky gate. As far as I know, the females don't croak. I currently have two males, and I love it when they start talking to me (or looking for a non-existent mate, as the case my be).

Years ago, I started a story with a secondary character who owned an African water frog, but it didn't go anywhere. Too many plot flaws and not enough knowledge of how to write killed it. Maybe one of these days I'll come up with the perfect character to own a frog (an not kill the story with a holey plot LOL ).

Laurean
February 10th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Since "Jonquils In The Snow" is a story set around Valentine's Day, I'll post a bit about it.

Want a sweet romance that brings healing to two wounded hearts? Then "JONQUILS IN THE SNOW" is the read for you.
Miranda Stevens' fiance skipped town two days before their wedding. She vows to never trust her heart again. But when the ruggedly-handsome, tree service worker knocks on her door, Miranda's resolve melts. After gazing into his honey-colored eyes, she forgets her vow.

Brady Watson deals with his grief. His wife was killed by a drunk driver three years ago. After her death, anger rages, then morphs into depression. Has Brady lost the ability to love? Can sweet Miranda with her amazing sense of humor resurrect feelings long since buried?

Will Miranda and Brady find the courage to reach out for a new beginning? Will Jonquils bursting through the February snow provide the answer?

Excerpt:

Miranda sighed, then turned her gaze back to the handsome man lifting the chain saw. As the saw ripped through the limb, she thought, He must be freezing! Where are my manners?

The temps weren't expected to rise above 28 degrees. Mr. Brady could use a hot drink right now.

She flew to the bathroom, brushed her shoulder-length, chestnut hair, then applied a touch of blush and mascara. Taking a deep breath, she opened the front door to step cautiously onto the icy porch. What was she doing? She didn't even know this guy's full name! he could be Jack The Ripper. Somehow she didn't think so, and prided herself on being an exceptional judge of character.

Her conscience screamed, Oh yeah, what about Rick? She told it to shut up, then waited for Mr. Brady to heave a huge limb into the back o his two-ton truck. She leaned over the porch railing and shouted, "Mr. Bra-dy! Come inside and warm up!"

He jerked his head in her direction, then nodded.

JONQUILS IN THE SNOW can be found at SmashWords. htttp://www.smashwords.com/books/view/9341/ It's received wonderful reviews. Be sure to watch the book trailer video at the site.

You'll receive a 20% download for FREE! What have you got to lose? Check it out.

Laurean
February 10th, 2011, 02:57 PM
I think a lot of the time, he wants us to find our own plan, chart our own courses, and as long as they are uplifting and positive, He helps us along the way.
I think there's a lot of truth in what you said. He gives us certain gifts. We must use them and thereby improve on them. Like the parable of the talents.

EAWest
February 10th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Whatever it is, it sounds HUGE!
Hi, Danielle! African water frogs may sound huge, but mine aren't that big. Here's a link to a photo of a frog that looks like the larger of the two I own (he's less than six inches long when he stretches out): http://www.wetwebmedia.com/fwsubwebindex/AmphibianPIX/Hymenochirus%20CU.JPG

Laurean
February 10th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Wow, EA. You are one busy, multi-talented lady. I always wanted to learn to knit and crochet. My sister learned from a Home Ec teacher and I was sooo looking forward to learning the next year.

But, guess what...the teacher transferred to another school the following year. The new teacher was very young, and didn't have a clue. But I did make a LINED coat that year. Hardest sewing project I ever undertook. Ha!

EAWest
February 10th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Laurie, Jonquils in the Snow sounds great! Your excerpt makes me want to read it just so I can find out if the mysterious Mr. Brady is the good guy Miranda thinks he is. :)

EAWest
February 10th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Wow, EA. You are one busy, multi-talented lady. I always wanted to learn to knit and crochet. My sister learned from a Home Ec teacher and I was sooo looking forward to learning the next year.

But, guess what...the teacher transferred to another school the following year. The new teacher was very young, and didn't have a clue. But I did make a LINED coat that year. Hardest sewing project I ever undertook. Ha!
My mom taught me to crochet. I learned to knit by watching a knitting show on PBS. As for sewing, I know the basics, but I have yet to sew a straight seam. I'm pretty sure a lined coat (or anything else complex) is beyond my skill level.

EAWest
February 10th, 2011, 03:14 PM
I'm happy to announce the release of my latest inspirational romance Healing in Haven Falls!

Blurb:

Autumn Reger is no stranger to mistakes--she's made more than enough to last a lifetime. Unfortunately, the consequences of those mistakes and her distrust of men keep haunting her.

Keith Burke served his country with honor, but his service in Afghanistan ended with a roadside bomb. The emotional and physical scars leave him wondering if he'll ever be able to make a friend or find true love.

Can two wounded hearts heal the scars of the past to find the future God has planned for them?
~~

This short ebook is available for only $1 from White Rose Publishing (http://www.whiterosepublishing.com/Healing-In-Haven_Falls) and Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Healing-in-Haven-Falls-ebook/dp/B004M8SECM/)

Miss Mae
February 10th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Just returned from doing errands in town. Great to see that the "Sweeties" have been busy. :)

Danielle, considering your "coke" or "soda", we also called them "dopes" in my neck of the woods, LOL

Great blurbs and excerpts! And our last SF segment (as already stated) was such a surprising twist. I think I'm coming up in two weeks, and from what I've already read thus far, I can't wait to add my segment! :)

Miss Mae
February 10th, 2011, 03:43 PM
I was asked by Gail to mention my feature, "Doggy Tales". :dog2:

Would love to! :)

I'm an avid animal lover, and I know bunches of other folks are too. Each week, on Mondays, I either write a couple of paragraphs about the pets I've owned, or I also guest others who share about their best buddies.

Don't you enjoy chatting about the antics of your feathered, finned, or furry friend? Well, you're welcome to at my blog! Email me (see addy at my site (http://www.missmaesite.com)) and I'll set you up pronto!

DanielleThorne
February 10th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Danielle, considering your "coke" or "soda", we also called them "dopes" in my neck of the woods, LOL

You're kidding! I've never heard that one. I'll have to add it to my list. I wonder where that came from.

DanielleThorne
February 10th, 2011, 03:50 PM
[quote=EAWest;141037]I'm happy to announce the release of my latest inspirational romance Healing in Haven Falls!

Love the blurb. And the price! This is another one on my Feb/Mar TBR list. Congrats on the release!

Miss Mae
February 10th, 2011, 03:51 PM
You're kidding! I've never heard that one. I'll have to add it to my list. I wonder where that came from.

I can't really say, but when I was a teenager, that was the usual "cool" word. :)

DanielleThorne
February 10th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Hi, Danielle! African water frogs may sound huge, but mine aren't that big. Here's a link to a photo of a frog that looks like the larger of the two I own (he's less than six inches long when he stretches out): http://www.wetwebmedia.com/fwsubwebindex/AmphibianPIX/Hymenochirus%20CU.JPG

Ahh, he's cute! I was thinking abt another species then. He does have some big ol feet though!

DanielleThorne
February 10th, 2011, 03:52 PM
The size of an African water frog depends on the species. I have a dwarf frog that's only about 2-3 inches long and another frog that's 4-5 inches long. My sister had a female that was around 6 inches long. They don't exactly ribbit, but the males make a sound kind of like a creaky gate. As far as I know, the females don't croak. I currently have two males, and I love it when they start talking to me (or looking for a non-existent mate, as the case my be).

I've never thought of keeping a frog as a pet. I wonder if my cat would eat them. Probably.

Miss Mae
February 10th, 2011, 03:57 PM
I'd just like to say that I've read a number of my fellow authors' books, and no one can go wrong with these wonderful stories.

Loyalty's Web by Joyce DiPastena, Jonquils in the Snow and Journey to Forgiveness by Laurean Brooks, Larry Hammersley's Taking Advantage and Buddy's Twelve Year Crush, Josette and The Privateer by Danielle Thorne, Dreams Do Come True by E.A. West, just to name a few. All wonderful reads! :)

Miss Mae
February 10th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Since I've used my allotted space regarding book covers, I'll have to ask everyone to check our thread especially for that. :)

Dove Island (https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4934), a Top Ten winner in the 2009 P&E Readers Poll for Short Story Romance.

Blurb:

Christopher’s dedicated his allegiance to the Church. But that’s before he meets Roxanne, his cousin’s betrothed. Aboard the ship appointed for the honeymoon voyage, he fears losing her not to his cousin, but to a barbaric pirate attack. Will he live long enough to confess she holds his heart?

Ebook only, on sale at .99 cents at Smashwords (https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4934). It's worth the click just to watch the video -- with live actors!

Miss Mae
February 10th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Presenting my FREE read, "Fated Destiny", in ebook only at Smashwords (https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/18215)!

Blurb:

Prisoner 86's fate is in the hands of his merciless captain. Or is it? As their ship enters a raging thunderstorm, what bizarre event transforms their lives in an eternal destiny?

Review: (by Rob Shelsky)

I truly enjoyed Fated Destiny. Miss Mae has the ability to really grab the reader's interest. I want more! If there is such a thing as destiny? And if so, exactly how does it work? I won't give this short story away, but let's just say it will really leave you wondering!

This short story continues to be among Smashwords Highest Rated!

Miss Mae
February 10th, 2011, 04:13 PM
WINNER of the 2009 P&E Readers Poll for YA Category!

Blurb:

Late 1960's. Time of the Vietnam War, hippies, fishnet hose, and mini-skirts. Parker Shane is the baddest of all bad boys in Dalesville -- or so goes the gossip. Can he convince Darlene there might be a chivalrous heart behind his "love 'em and leave 'em" persona? Before the two can grasp the future, extraordinary events, fraught with danger, force them both to come face-to-face with a past they never knew existed.

Digital format at Smashwords (https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/28571), in print at Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/When-Bough-Breaks-Miss-Mae/product-reviews/1453739785/ref=cm_cr_dp_synop?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending#R2VUHTWP26QK9H) and other online retailers, OR order your autographed copy straight off my website (http://www.missmaesite.com/apps/webstore/)and receive free shipping within continental US.

Miss Mae
February 10th, 2011, 04:22 PM
This was the first book I was contracted for, so it'll always hold a special place in my heart. :)

A Top Ten Read of 2008 from MyShelf.com!

Blurb:

Can Dorcy trust Gareth, son and heir of slain Mr. Davenport? Believing him to be London's notorious Jack the Ripper, she wonders if his intentions are honorable, or diabolical. Can she uncover the truth before whoever is the madman hot on her trail slashes her throat open?

(You really need to watch the video!) :)

Digital format at Smashwords (https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/13752), in print at Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/See-No-Evil-Pretty-Lady/product-reviews/1452808155/ref=cm_cr_dp_synop?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending#R2D98SMDNJE9NP)a nd other online retailers, OR order an autographed copy straight off my website (http://www.missmaesite.com/apps/webstore/). Free shipping within continental US.

Miss Mae
February 10th, 2011, 04:37 PM
I invite readers over to my blog (http://www.missmaesite.com) tomorrow for an interview with a special guest. Sherry Gloag (http://www.sherrygloag.com), author of The Brat (http://www.thewildrosepress.com/sherry-gloag-m-862.html), will be trying to hold her own with that rather obnoxious cyberspace reporter, I.B. Nosy (http://mishapsofgumdropisland.webs.com/aboutme.htm).

Can she keep up? Nosey interviewed such celebrities as Matron (http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/18792)Goose, Sir O. Yuri Wiseguy-eh (http://mishapsofgumdropisland.webs.com/), and Alice in Wanderland (http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/21779). With credentials like his, you know you wanna be there!

That's Friday, Feb. 11, at Miss Mae's blog. (http://www.missmaesite.com) :)

EAWest
February 10th, 2011, 04:43 PM
I've never thought of keeping a frog as a pet. I wonder if my cat would eat them. Probably.
African water frogs are only in danger from cats who like to go fishing. :)

They're aquatic, so you can keep them in a fish tank with non-aggressive fish like goldfish or guppies. Be warned, however, that if the fish are small than the frog, you may notice missing fish and a very happy, well-fed frog. Both of my frogs live in tanks with lids the cats can't open. The lids also keep the frogs in the water. One of them has jumped out before, and they're slippery critters to catch!

EAWest
February 10th, 2011, 04:48 PM
All of your books sound so good, Miss Mae! And I LOVED See No Evil, My Pretty Lady.

I'll have to remember to visit your blog tomorrow. I.B. Nosy does such amazing interviews!

EAWest
February 10th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Dreams Do Come True is my first inspirational romance.

Blurb:

Aspiring author Cassie Teague has been rejected…again. As she considers giving up her dream of getting published, a handsome editor walks into her life and makes her wonder if God has more in store for her than just writing.

Acquisitions editor David Jameson wants more than just Cassie’s book. But will office politics destroy his hope for the future?
~~

This ebook is available from White Rose Publishing (http://www.whiterosepublishing.com/Dreams-Do-Come-True) and Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Dreams-Do-Come-True-ebook/dp/B003MAK3NO/).

EAWest
February 10th, 2011, 04:55 PM
If you prefer a sweet romantic suspense, Riley's Mission just might be what you're looking for.

Blurb:

Trapped in a flooded hospital, former Israeli operative Jade Rosen discovers she's not alone. One of the other stranded patients is none other than the cold-blooded killer she'd left behind in a Syrian prison, the man who'd forced her to leave everyone she loved behind and go into hiding.

Indiana National Guardsman Riley Jackson is on a mission to locate and contain a cunning terrorist whose guards aren't responding. He finds more than he bargained for when the woman he loves appears out of nowhere, desperately ill and once again needing his protection.

Will Jade and Riley find their happy ending, or will they pay the ultimate price at the hands of a man determined to see Jade dead?
~~

This ebook is available from The Wild Rose Press (http://www.thewildrosepress.com/rileys-mission-p-3961.html).

EAWest
February 10th, 2011, 04:59 PM
When I updated my website (http://eawest.mcphitty.com/), I added a Free Reads (http://eawest.mcphitty.com/freereads.htm) page. There are currently two stories (G-rated, of course :) )for your enjoyment. You can also see the lovely covers for my ebooks and read a couple of excerpts on the Books (http://eawest.mcphitty.com/books.html) page.

Laurean
February 10th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Hey, EA. This story sounds like a deep soul-searching romance. Love those that dig beneath the surface. Where did you get the idea for Healing In Haven Falls?

Laurean
February 10th, 2011, 05:25 PM
I've read Fated Destiny, Dove Island, When The Bough Breaks, Said The Spider To The Fly, The Mishaps Of Gum Drop Island...am I missing one?

All these stories have great plots and increasing tension. And I promise you will NEVER guess the ending.

We have so many excellent authors in The Sweetest Romance group. In fact, all of the ones I know here are gifted. Can't help but wonder why all aren't on The New York Times Best Sellers List.

Doesn't New York know talent when they see it?

Laurean
February 10th, 2011, 05:35 PM
We have many talented authors in The Sweetest Romance Authors group. In fact, everyone I've read. The excerpts--blurbs show these girls and guys know how to spin a yard and twist a plot.

I've read several of Miss Mae's books: Said The Spider To The Fly, When The Bough Breaks, Dove Island, Fated Destiny, The Mishaps Of Gum Drop Island...er did I miss one?

Each one has this in common; you will never suspect the villian or the ending.

A tingle shoots up your spine toward your head, and your hair sticks straight up, then you realize it's hard to breathe. Should you stop hyperventillating long enough to gulp down a glass of water? Or should you tough it out, ignore your rapid heartbeat and see what happens next?

EAWest
February 10th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Hey, EA. This story sounds like a deep soul-searching romance. Love those that dig beneath the surface. Where did you get the idea for Healing In Haven Falls?
The idea for Healing in Haven Falls came from one of those "what if" moments. I was thinking one day and the thought crossed my mind, "What if a girl and a guy both had some kind of issue that would make a relationship difficult?"

My active imagination took that question, added a few more "what ifs", and Autumn and Keith were created. :)

Miss Mae
February 10th, 2011, 07:57 PM
test, test

Miss Mae
February 10th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Anyone else experienced "server error" here for a couple of hours?

Laurean
February 10th, 2011, 08:27 PM
The idea for Healing in Haven Falls came from one of those "what if" moments. I was thinking one day and the thought crossed my mind, "What if a girl and a guy both had some kind of issue that would make a relationship difficult?"

My active imagination took that question, added a few more "what ifs", and Autumn and Keith were created. :)
EA, do you get story ideas while knitting? Just wondered. I get them while washing dishes, walking my dogs...

Laurean
February 10th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Hi Laurean,
So glad to see you. Since we're on the subject, I'll mention my guest blogger. She put up a wonderful devotional on my blog. If anyone would like to read it. It's called "Not a Dress Rehearsal" and it's at http://www.gailpallotta.blogspot.com

Laurean, what kind of dogs do you have? I'm sure they were appreciative of their lunch.
I read the blog post and really enjoyed it. Thought I left a comment. Hmmm.

My dogs are Lab mix. Yipper (female) is a Chocolate Lab, and Riley (male and larger) is a Yellow Lab. But the evidence points to a Chow somewhere in Riley's family tree. The giveaway? A half-dollar sized purple spot on his tongue.