PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Looking Cookbooks

Dewdrop
June 24th, 2007, 09:34 PM
<TABLE class=ebayRootMessage cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" summary=Message border=0><TBODY><TR class=jive-odd vAlign=top><TD class=jive-subject align=left colSpan=4></TD></TR><TR class=ebayRootUserRow vAlign=top><TD align=left width="99%" colSpan=2><SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!--document.write('lizellen');// --></SCRIPT> (http://coffeetimeromance.com/board/contactUser.jspa?requested=lizellen)<NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!--document.write(' (124 (http://coffeetimeromance.com/board/viewFeedback.jspa?userid=lizellen)');// --></SCRIPT></TD><TD class=messageBoxDate align=right width="1%" colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=jive-odd vAlign=top><TD class=jive-description align=left width="100%" colSpan=4>I want to start a project in my kitchen. I want to decoupage my kitchen with pages from cookbooks, does anyone know of some interesting looking cookbooks? I was thinking along the lines of black and white only with line drawings with little to no color (along the lines of Susan Branch). I wanted interesting text as well.

any ideas? thanx.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Snowpea
June 29th, 2007, 10:40 AM
This sounds like a fun and creative project. I just want to voice my concern about decopauging pictures onto your walls. If you're planning to stay in your house a long time it's probably fine. But if you plan to sell and move in the next 5 years, you will have a monster project scraping that off your walls and it will turn buyers off if you don't remove it. You might have to put new drywall over it, the decoupage could make it impossible to scrape off.

That said, you can find all kinds of images online. Save them to your computer and edit them to b&w if that's your preference. I love the kitschy line drawings of the 50's and 60's, especially that mid-century cocktail party food.

You can find great retro/repro fabrics, it would be cute to make window valances and trim some dishtowels with an old kitchen print.