PDA

View Full Version : Do You Believe In Past Lives?

JoAnne Kenrick
February 18th, 2011, 09:16 AM
In my paranormal romance, When A Mullo Loves A Woman (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9568651-when-a-mullo-loves-a-woman), the hero and heroine, and villain ;0) have a past life connection because things were left unfinished between them.
Without giving away spoilers, Pearl Kizzy feels drawn to move to Monterey Bay. She thinks it's because she wants to research her dead mother's roots, to feel closer to her some how. But the universe has led her there for another reason.

I'm wondering, have you ever felt a pull to do things that are just unexplainable? Have you explored the possibly of having lived a previous life?
I've always believed in past lives -- And Jenny Smedley (http://www.jennysmedley.com/)'s past life regression tape (http://www.amazon.com/Past-Life-Meditation-Jenny-Smedley/dp/0953308316/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1298034942&sr=8-1) fed my belief. It's funny how a pre-recorded meditation can have such an effect. The experience is unlike any visualization I'd ever done before, and done since. It's like you 'see' flashes - -moments in time. Sometimes it's like watching a movie clip, others it's just photographs. It wasn't enough for me to piece together...but it was enough to make me believe.

Years later, a good friend and spiritual medium gave me a Past Life Regression (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Past_life_regression). And I have got to say, it was the most emotional experience I've ever had. I didn't just 'see' my past life, I felt it. And it explained a whole lot about certain 'quirks' of mine. It was a very personal experience, so I won't share it here, I hope you understand.

So..what about you? Have you experienced anything that makes you question, or believe in Past Lives? Do you think something else is happening during a past life regression? Like maybe our mind is making up situations to explain/make sense of things we are trying to work through For example, a fear of the water could manifest a story of someone who drowned at sea...maybe on the Titanic because it's something we are familiar with? Is that why there are so many reincarnated Cleopatras out there?

Kathleenann
February 18th, 2011, 10:17 AM
applause.gifI,m fascinated with stories relating to past lives, and ghosts. I've always felt a connection to the Titanic. Maybe that could explain my fear of water!

onmiownnow2
February 18th, 2011, 12:47 PM
My mother was a big believer in past lives. When my oldest daughter was born, my mom told me that she recognized her. "It's in her eyes," she told me. We might have or share different relationships each time we come back, but we're always connected. If she's right... that's wonderful. It means we never really lose the ones we love. Of course, if we're stuck with someone we can't stand, that means we'll NEVER get rid of them. LOL.

Shiela
February 18th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Great post!!
I definitely believe in past lives. People laugh at me when I say I believe I’ve lived a few.
I have an extreme terrifying reaction to air raid sirens. To the point where when I hear one, my heart starts to pound heavier and I feel the need to hide. When visiting museums of the early 1900 era I feel uneasy, my heart speeds up and I can’t get out of there quick enough. I believe I’ve lived before, just not sure as what, whom or how.

onmiownnow2
February 18th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Great post!!
I definitely believe in past lives. People laugh at me when I say I believe Iíve lived a few.
I have an extreme terrifying reaction to air raid sirens. To the point where when I hear one, my heart starts to pound heavier and I feel the need to hide. When visiting museums of the early 1900 era I feel uneasy, my heart speeds up and I canít get out of there quick enough. I believe Iíve lived before, just not sure as what, whom or how.
I know what you mean, but it's kind of scary. For some reason, I know exactly what it feels like to be attacked by a shark and how it feels to ice skate. How's that possible when I never experienced either. Or... have I???

JoAnne Kenrick
February 19th, 2011, 11:47 AM
applause.gifI,m fascinated with stories relating to past lives, and ghosts. I've always felt a connection to the Titanic. Maybe that could explain my fear of water!

could be. Does anything else point toward that? Such as a pull toward that era, or a love for Irish dancing etc...

I actually visited the site where the Titanic was built, and was disappointed more wasn't made of that historical event in time. The ship yard is still there, but as far as museums and tourist-type stuff, it was lacking. Still, pretty amazing to see where it all began. Such a sad story :(

I've always had this thing about having a Walton's type house -- yeah silly -- but I wanted that wrap around porch, Gramps on the rocking chair and Gran in the kitchen. Kids all dirty and having 'real' fun. The country life.

Seriously, it's been my main goal in life to get that 'walton house'.
My past life regression explained why -- OR my need to have what I saw as the perfect family house was integrated into my meditation, and it wasn't a regression at all. Who the heck knows. I just know it 'fixed' something in me, having seen what I did, and feel what I did.
So..still not a 100% believer, but darn the odds are high that it's real!

JoAnne Kenrick
February 19th, 2011, 11:48 AM
My mother was a big believer in past lives. When my oldest daughter was born, my mom told me that she recognized her. "It's in her eyes," she told me. We might have or share different relationships each time we come back, but we're always connected. If she's right... that's wonderful. It means we never really lose the ones we love. Of course, if we're stuck with someone we can't stand, that means we'll NEVER get rid of them. LOL.

EEK! That's not a pretty thought. And it's funny you should say that...because that's kinda the premise of When A Mullo Loves A Woman!

JoAnne Kenrick
February 19th, 2011, 11:53 AM
I know what you mean, but it's kind of scary. For some reason, I know exactly what it feels like to be attacked by a shark and how it feels to ice skate. How's that possible when I never experienced either. Or... have I???

Originally Posted by Shiela
Great post!!
I definitely believe in past lives. People laugh at me when I say I believe Iíve lived a few.
I have an extreme terrifying reaction to air raid sirens. To the point where when I hear one, my heart starts to pound heavier and I feel the need to hide. When visiting museums of the early 1900 era I feel uneasy, my heart speeds up and I canít get out of there quick enough. I believe Iíve lived before, just not sure as what, whom or how.

Things like that are definitely spooky, right? Well, not spook as such. But, I don't know..eerie? I know what it feels like to fall down stairs and do serious injury to my head...yet i've never done that. Hmm Every time I walk down a set of stairs, I remind myself to be careful because I can see myself falling. It's weird, for sure.

Air raid sirens make me run and hide, too -- as a Brit, I am so not used to them. So MN was a shock -- they freaked me out. Tornados freak me out.