PDA

View Full Version : Cover Art for "Her Brother's Keeper"

Amy Gallow
February 18th, 2011, 04:13 PM
http://www.amygallow.com/sitebuilder/images/HBK_COVER-193x303.jpg
It looks pretty, doesn't it?
Whiskey Creek Press will release it in April and the back cover blurb reads:

A brother par excellence, comforter, protector, mentor, guide, working overseas to support her and his mother, everything a brother should be and rarely isóor a lover beyond her dreams? Drawn into a web of intrigue by others, Heatherís quandary intensifies as Richard returns to Malaysia when a long-time friend of his fatherís suffers a heart attack. The strands of the web begin to tighten when she is sent to join him by the plotters with the intention of compromising her in a drug deal. Richard hustles her out of the country and goes to ground to untangle the matter. Forced to rely on piecemeal and contradictory information, Heather can only guess what is happening to the man she grew up with as a brother, but is now the core of her existence

Add a contract with Eternal Press for the second book of The Alliance series, to be released in July, and my feet are doing their happy dance under the desk.

CharmedGirl
February 19th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Very nice cover Amy. Love the tall towers behind her.

Amy Gallow
February 19th, 2011, 09:52 PM
The building is mentioned in the story. The towers house Petronas, the Malaysian state-run oil company and the shot is taken from the KCC park at their base.
I've walked there many times. It is a very pleasant place, with an ornamental lake and play pool for the children.
Hope you weren't affected by either the flood nor the cyclone.

KeriFord
February 20th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Nice! and yes--those towers are awesome.

Amy Gallow
February 20th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Thanks Keri,
Only twice now, I've have my mind picture of the story's heroine altered by subsequent events.
The first time was with The Widow-Maker. I signed a film rights contract with a local company and they proposed an actress to play the part of Lexie. Initially, I was quite ambivalent, but then we reached the point of making a promotional trailer to attract funding and I watched her play a scene in character on the set and my mind picture shifted to the point where she is Lexie in my mind.
Such is the uncertainty of film production in Australia that the trailer remains unfinished and the future of the film is uncertain still.
The second time was when Gemini Judson produced her first mockup of the cover for "Her Brother's Keeper". We shortened her hair a little and added auburn highlights, but the girl on the cover is now Heather in my mind.