PDA

View Full Version : The Tip Sheet

LinnRandom
March 23rd, 2011, 06:56 AM
Today we are putting it all together in a valuable marketing tool called The Tip Sheet.

A Tip Sheet is a marketing essential that you will find endless use of including sending it out with press releases, as a leave behind a publisher at a writer’s conference or when presenting your book to a bookseller.

If your book has not been accepted yet, you can also use elements of the Tip Sheet to present to a publisher using the Book Title, High Concept, Author Name, and use the long version of your blurb.

A Tip Sheet is used by publicity department and included in a press kit and should include the following information.

1) Book Title
2) High Concept
3) Author Name
4) Publisher
5) Trim Size
6) ISBN Number
7) Release Date
8) Page Count
9) Cost
10) Category
11) Reviews
12) Ordering Instructions
13) Blurb-Brief synopsis of the book
14) Single Sentence Reviews if available
15) Author Bio
16) Website and Contact Information

Here is an example one of my tip sheets I use with my books presented. The Tip Sheet should be a stand alone on one single page.

(Title) Lights, Camera. Murder!

(High Concept) A Reality Show that needs a Real CSI.

Blurb:
Working with Police Chief Jon Maddux, Sage knows their only hope is to stop a relentless killer who will stop at nothing to get what he wants and she is his next target. With only each other to trust, will Sage and Jon overcome this danger before they are consumed by their own steamy desire?

Publisher: Sanibel Press Inc. ISBN: 0-9776955-0-6
Trim Size: 5.25 in x 8 in Cost: $14.95 U.S./$19.95CAN
Page Count: 265 Rating: PG 17, Sensual

BISAC Category: FICTION / Action; FICTION / Mystery & Detective / General/
FICTION / Romance / General/ FICTION / Suspense
Reviews:

“Lights, Camera. Murder! is a spine tingling romantic suspense that will grab reader’s attention and a plot that will make you shiver.”-Romance Reviews

“Spine Tingling Suspense” 5 Stars, Ecataromance Review
5 Stars, 5 Hearts, 5 Unicorns, 5 Cups of Coffee, 5 Angels”

Again, you will find endless uses of your Tip Page, from book sellers to including in your press releases and promotional materials.

Tomorrow is the last day of class and we will be covering Branding.

See you online at Coffeetime! Linn