PDA

View Full Version : Okay...need Opinion

Karenne
July 6th, 2007, 05:44 PM
I am looking to start a new thread of conversation to keep us occupied until the next book comes out. If you have a question that you would like to see us discuss...pop in and IM me here and I will pick one and we ill get that started!:helpsmilie:

Dani
July 6th, 2007, 11:08 PM
Is this going to be about Keri's books? I'm at a loss as to what to discuss. Maybe someone else will come up with a question.:unsure:

I posted before about finding our favorite scenes from the books to help keep us occupied, but only Davidsgirl and I have posted scenes so far, so that hasn't gone over well.

Karenne
July 7th, 2007, 01:04 AM
yeah...that is what I was thinking..maybe I am out of line....I am dying here..I want to talk about the new book but trying to entertain myself with a new question.

By the way..I loved that post your favorite scene! It was awesome and I went back and read one of the books!

Dani
July 7th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Nah, you're not out of line. It's only natural to want to discuss something new to pass the time. I'm going to go back later and find a new scene to put up. :tt2: LOL Though if anyone cames up with something to discuss I'd be more than happy to participate!

DavidsGirl841444
July 7th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Well lets see what can we talk about? Trying to think of something to chat about but coming up blanck Well read the books see what I come up with.

tkutsaar
July 7th, 2007, 09:35 PM
I can think of myriad issues or topics to explore about the Riley books ranging from the serious and pedantic to the sublime and fluff. Just to start the ball rolling I would like to relate how I discovered Ms. Arthur’s Riley books and explain why I enjoyed them.

My wife is an avid reader of romance novels in general. She used to have various subscriptions to Harlequin books and borrows romance novels by the bucket full out of our local library. When an author is particularly to her liking she will purchase same for permanent collection. When a book is especially good she alerts me and suggests I try them. Invariably I have enjoyed most that she has recommended. Now my wife recommended “Full Moon Rising” with some trepidation as I have never liked any werewolf or vampire movies and in particular Anne Rice’s vampire books held no interest for me. My aversion to this genre can be summarized as that usually there is too much implausibility; plots are thin; no inspiration in dialogue; gratuitous violence; sex scenes if any are uninspiring; and finally you can not identify with or sympathize with any werewolf or vampire.

To the surprise to both us I was thoroughly enthralled by “Full Moon Rising” and we now have all Riley books in our library as well as four other of Ms. Arthur’s books. For general starters “Full Moon Rising” had none of the weaknesses I had listed above.The main attraction to the Riley books is the character of Riley herself. She is a perfect blend of total self confidence mixed with self deprecation. Her personal reactions that we as readers are let in on are priceless and humorous- I like to think I have a similar sense of humor. She has a most refreshing attitude in her view of life in general & sex in particular that I as a reader can cheer for even though I would not subscribe to such for myself.

The proof of the success of the characterization of Riley occurs when she does something as a reader you would wish she would not do but still cheer her on and remain loyal to her. Perhaps the case of Quinn vs. Kellen serves as a good example. I perceive there are a substantial (my wife among them) number of readers wishing she would end up with Quinn exclusively. Whereas others (myself included) are hoping for her mating permanently with Kellen. But no matter who she ends up with and even if it is someone not yet introduced I am sure every reader will still be in her camp

I have barely scratched the surface on why I like the Riley series but this should be enough for now so as not to bore you but to offer an inducement for further chat. <O:p></O:p>

Dani
July 7th, 2007, 10:00 PM
You have brought up some very good points that I will have to think about and get back to you on.

To say one thing about Kellen though (and I've said it before) he's too good to be true at this point to me. There's something that's not being said about him and it really bothers me. He seems wonderful and he also seems her type. Question is how is he going to feel about her when he finds out that she's not a full blood werewolf? We still don't know what affects the ARC1-23 are going to have on her either and from what I've come to understand that's going to take a major toll on Riley soon. Will Kellen still want her if he knows these things and knows she will probably won't be able to bare his children?

I will still cheer for Riley no matter who she ends up with (I like your wife am cheering for Quinn) because, in reality, it's all about her.

Tara S Nichols
July 8th, 2007, 09:28 AM
If it is just a random tiopic how about what to do in between books. Lately I've felt the pressure to have another one out or coming even though my book has only been available since may 25th!!
-Tara

DavidsGirl841444
July 8th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Yeah with Irishwolf he does seem to good to be true I think and agree. And what exactly will happen to her and the drug other then the limited time she can have kids and the new powers coming up. Will he be ok with her and the new job of gaurdian is going to take its toll on their relationship and her life. Will he mind her risking her life all the time. I doubt it. And me yeah I guess I would be with her no matter what but I still won't like it but I will stick behind her , girl power and all.