PDA

View Full Version : Riley's Character Development

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Karenne
July 8th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Okay...this is awesome..if you haven't read it..here is part of tkutsaar's posting:

To the surprise to both us I was thoroughly enthralled by “Full Moon Rising” and we now have all Riley books in our library as well as four other of Ms. Arthur’s books. For general starters “Full Moon Rising” had none of the weaknesses I had listed above.The main attraction to the Riley books is the character of Riley herself. She is a perfect blend of total self confidence mixed with self deprecation. Her personal reactions that we as readers are let in on are priceless and humorous- I like to think I have a similar sense of humor. She has a most refreshing attitude in her view of life in general & sex in particular that I as a reader can cheer for even though I would not subscribe to such for myself.

The proof of the success of the characterization of Riley occurs when she does something as a reader you would wish she would not do but still cheer her on and remain loyal to her. Perhaps the case of Quinn vs. Kellen serves as a good example. I perceive there are a substantial (my wife among them) number of readers wishing she would end up with Quinn exclusively. Whereas others (myself included) are hoping for her mating permanently with Kellen. But no matter who she ends up with and even if it is someone not yet introduced I am sure every reader will still be in her camp

Dani
July 8th, 2007, 11:55 PM
I like the fact that Riley grows as a character through out the books. Take for example Riley as she was in Full Moon Rising, she worked for the Directorate as Jack's assistant, but didn't want to be like her brother and let it be know extensively. As the books evolve, so does she. Others actions start affecting her and her life in general. She's still fighting for her anonymity, but because of what fate has delt her she's losing it, so she starts to embrace the things that are happening. She sees that there's not really any other way around it because it's her life and family at stake. By Dangerous Games, she is well aware that she has lost most of her anonymity, has become a guardian and she seems to be dealing with it well. She still has some aversions to certain things that Jack expects of her (e.g. killing in cold blood), but she does her job.

Some of the changes are subtle and others are drastic, but all are necessary for her development. I'm sure that there will be more changes for Riley in the future as the books continue. So tell me what you think. Do you agree, disagree or what?

DavidsGirl841444
July 9th, 2007, 10:53 AM
I agree whole heartedly. That at first she wasn't willing to kill people unles defendingherself not in cold blood. Death sentence on the spot. But as she grows thru the book and realizes that people out there are willing to involve her and her own to do evil. So thus she must take action. The thing now becomes what would she do to defend her family? And the answer is anything it takes.

aybe some of the changes will be either her regret in joining the ranks of Gaurdian, or loving the job, and if she will hate loving it?

Dani
July 12th, 2007, 01:39 PM
I have a feeling that she's going to hate the fact that she really loves her guardian job. My thougths are if whoever she ends up with will let her continue to do her job or will they want her to quit because it's dangerous and because they don't want her "dancing" as part of it. We shall see.

I said this before in the opinion thread, but I'll put it here too because it fits the discussion.

Kellen seems wonderful and he also seems her type. Question is how is he going to feel about her when he finds out that she's not a full blood werewolf? We still don't know what affects the ARC1-23 are going to have on her either and from what I've come to understand that's going to take a major toll on Riley soon. Will Kellen still want her if he knows these things and knows she will probably won't be able to bare his children?

Quinn, on the other hand, knows that Riley's not just a werewolf, but a hybrid of sorts, and doesn't care. He also doesn't care that she can't have children because he can't give her any. He loves her for the feelings that they share. However, the down side of him is that he's used her for his own gain (even though he told her he did), he won't share things with her about his past and his feelings and he doesn't keep to his part of the deal as far as their relationship.

Riley at this point is just trying to sift through the crap and figure out what to do.

Karenne
July 12th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Another good question is...how is Kellen going to handle her 'alpha' type job when he is THE Alpha?

As for Quinn..he still thinks all werewolves are sluts and whores. Remember? He doesn't haven't a high opinion of them and it pops up every now and then when is angry at her. Do you think he can ever get over that? Or do you think what that other werewolf did to him scared him permanently?

Dani
July 13th, 2007, 12:15 AM
I think, with a little help, he can get over it. Riley may be just what he needs to get over the pain (or whatever) the other wolf did to him.

It is a sad thing that he feels that way about wolves in general, but if I remember correctly it wasn't only him that had been hurt by a wolf. I do believe that is came out in a fight (or conversation) that someone Quinn knew or was close to had been hurt by a wolf too, so it wasn't only his experience that made him feel this way. :mumbles: I hate when he acts this way...it's just childish...:wideeyed: I can't believe I just said that. Oh boy, I'm in for it now.

Karenne
July 14th, 2007, 10:40 PM
snicker.....because I love you...I won't say...snicker...a thing

:innocent:

Dani
July 14th, 2007, 11:37 PM
I was ready for it either way cause I've done it to you about Kellen. :lol: I promise to behave about him from now on (unless, of course, he p's me off :) ).

DavidsGirl841444
July 14th, 2007, 11:57 PM
You know he will damn will piss you off. He does for me by just breathing but I will give him a chance. A little one. But I don't think he will feel good having another such alpha female with him,. Oh well we will find out.

Dani
July 15th, 2007, 12:00 AM
:roflmao: OMG!! I can't believe you just said that. :roflmao:

DavidsGirl841444
July 15th, 2007, 12:02 AM
well you know you think it too but don't want to neither do I but he just makes me want to check for horns and a pitchfork if they are hiding.

Dani
July 15th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Very true! Good point, but I'm trying to be nice.

DavidsGirl841444
July 15th, 2007, 12:21 AM
If you can be nice I

DavidsGirl841444
July 15th, 2007, 12:21 AM
guess I can too I got cut off. So will try. Hard as it is.

mskendra
July 15th, 2007, 12:38 AM
Hi! New to Coffee Time and love Keri Author :notworthy: ! I figure I'll jump in with both feet!

I think she will end with the man that excepts all of her. So far there are none! :sorry:

I liked Quinn the beginning, I don't like him so much now. Not to enthused about Kellan either. Even though he was shrouded in mystery I really liked Misha.

Unless Quinn does a complete 180, I'll bet she won't end up with him. Maybe her Soul Mate is still out there? Maybe the connection with Quinn will fade when she meets "The One". I want a HEA for Riley, but so far none of the candiates measure up.

-Kendra

Dani
July 15th, 2007, 12:54 AM
Welcome Kendra (I know I've welcomed you before on the intro thread), but since you've come to this forum I'll do it again. LOL Post as much as you wan here. We're open to anything you have to say and we'll be nice too.

Keri has said that she has an emotional arc up until at least book 9 (we know there are several more books coming for sure just not how many). We'll see what happens soon enough. :turned:

mskendra
July 15th, 2007, 01:02 AM
Lots more books Yea!!! I think it's fun to share about books we love. I grabbed Full Moon Rising last year off of audible.com and was hooked. It sucked to have to wait til this year to get more of the series, but it was worth the wait.

Glad I found this forum!

-Kendra

Dani
July 15th, 2007, 01:05 AM
We're glad you did too! *nudges Karenne* We have a new Riley freak, I mean fan in the house!! :lol:

DavidsGirl841444
July 15th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Hey welcom to kendra and yeah her one and only may be out there, or right in front of her as well. Yeah Quinn can be a butt head but a hot butthead who needs to get his mind straightened out by Riley on wolves.

Dani
July 15th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Amen to that girlie!! :notworthy: One hot, hot butthead, but our butthead none the less! :lol:

CharmedGirl
July 15th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Quinn is going to have to change pretty quickly to win back Riley's heart.

Got to admit he is a hot butthead!

mskendra
July 15th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Quinn is hot, but are we going keep routing for a hot alpha male vampire, who if gagged, we'd molest in a dark corner.

YEP! Riley and Quinn scenes OMG sizzling!!

LOL

--Kendra

Karenne
July 15th, 2007, 10:10 PM
lol CharmedGirl....you are so right...he is a butthead! Welcome to our opinionated group..

(looks at Dani and wants to the rebuttal):turned:

Dani
July 15th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Quinn is hot, but are we going keep routing for a hot alpha male vampire, who if gagged, we'd molest in a dark corner.

YEP! Riley and Quinn scenes OMG sizzling!!

LOL

--Kendra
Hell yeah Kendra! In fact I do that to him routinely (well me and a few of the other ladies...we share...LOL). If you can't tell we're off in our own little world with this senerio and everyone's welcome to join us! ;)

Dani
July 15th, 2007, 10:17 PM
lol CharmedGirl....you are so right...he is a butthead! Welcome to our opinionated group..

(looks at Dani and wants to the rebuttal):turned:
Honey, she still agrees that he's a hot butthead! That's all that matters...LMAO! :tt2:

He will have to change his attitude though, but so will she. Like I said before they have to compromise on their relationship and get over themselves for it to work.

Karenne
July 15th, 2007, 10:21 PM
snicker..that didn't take very long!

ROFL

WUBS YOU:wub:

Dani
July 15th, 2007, 10:28 PM
:roflmao: Lord help me! What am I gonna do with you? :whistling:

I luvs U too :smartass:!!

Karenne
July 15th, 2007, 10:33 PM
hmmm..bask in my wonderful-ness::)

CharmedGirl
July 16th, 2007, 12:49 AM
I believe Quinn is the only one that can satisfy Riley physically!

But you do have to admit the horse-shifter (Kade) would be awesome to be involved with if he ever comes back :winkiss:

Dani
July 16th, 2007, 01:01 AM
Kade's coming back. Keri mentioned that in another thread. I can't think of which one offhand, but I'll find it. Unless you want that honor for yourself. LOL I know it can be hard to read all these posts to find information because I've had to do it myself. Sometimes things like what she told us can be under any thread and not the one you'd think it would be under. Have I confused you yet?

CharmedGirl
July 16th, 2007, 01:07 AM
Kade's coming back. Keri mentioned that in another thread. I can't think of which one offhand, but I'll find it. Unless you want that honor for yourself. LOL I know it can be hard to read all these posts to find information because I've had to do it myself. Sometimes things like what she told us can be under any thread and not the one you'd think it would be under. Have I confused you yet?

You haven't confused me! :nah:

I thought Kade was so adorable to Riley. He didn't take her for granted and he likes her for who she is, he is not trying to change her or capture her heart. He just wants to have some fun!:whoohoo:

Dani
July 16th, 2007, 01:17 AM
Yep, just fun and a good roll in the hay (no pun intended, but it's there anyway...LMAO)!

BTW, I'm the resident smart a** of the bunch if you haven't noticed that yet. Hey, I get my kicks where I can! :lol:

CharmedGirl
July 16th, 2007, 01:34 AM
There is nothing wrong with being a smart a** as long as you are good at it. :)

Karenne
July 16th, 2007, 11:24 AM
(jumps up and down) oh oh...I am good!

Yeah for me!:whistling:

DavidsGirl841444
July 16th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Yeah smart a** Irishwolf just like our favorite vampy. And as for Kade, well he seems like he would be fun to play tag with and like wolf said roll in the hay. But maybe he may be to big for some. I don't know size does matter ladies.

Dani
July 16th, 2007, 10:33 PM
I had this discussion (size or technique) before with the Hussies (HunksnHussies(TM) (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=202)) in their chat. This is what I wrote:

Size doesn't matter as long as they can work it. It would be nice to have a combo of both, but if not he better have the best technique in the world. LOL Although, I've had a man of great size and that totally made up for anything that was lacking (which was none, BTW). Gosh, I miss him! LMAO :whistling:

I'm thinking that Kade sounds like my late honey...Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm! :roflmao:

phoenyxstarr
July 17th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Yeah size does matter... Too big & it could hurt (been there, done that), too small & you end up wondering (been there too). But technique is also important. Right now my husband has the perfect combo of the two, not too big not too small & a great technique. :devil::innocent:

DavidsGirl841444
July 17th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Yeah size does matter... Too big & it could hurt (been there, done that), too small & you end up wondering (been there too). But technique is also important. Right now my husband has the perfect combo of the two, not too big not too small & a great technique. :devil::innocent:

You all little devils that is so cool. Well I do think it matters I mean how small you are your small and thats that. To big well yeah I guess it can hurt no experience in that, all guys have been just right for me. But wouldn't mind Kade to show me what to big is like.:notworthy:

CharmedGirl
July 17th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Size really does matter if you want satisfaction :)

Dani
July 17th, 2007, 09:12 PM
:roflmao: @ Davidsgirl! You've done it to me again girlie! I've got a stitch in my side cause I'm laughin so hard. I have to agree with you on your last statment. He could show me anytime!:whoohoo:

DavidsGirl841444
July 18th, 2007, 12:20 PM
If we tok a poll on how many girls wouldn't mind kade it would be up there.

You know I think Kade initself is a myster half the time. I meanwe know he is military kind of thing. And he had a harem of girl mares. And he likes Riley butonly in sex capacity. But what else?

CharmedGirl
July 18th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Kade took care of Riley when she needed it and did not try to get her into bed even though he wanted to in Kissing Sin! :)

Dani
July 18th, 2007, 06:05 PM
He got her into bed anyway! Yes, though I'd like to know more about Kade too. Hahahahaha!

CharmedGirl
July 18th, 2007, 06:14 PM
If horse-shifters take after their animal counterparts than who wouldn't want to know more about Kade! :clap:

Dani
July 18th, 2007, 06:27 PM
He supposedly did, so that made him a BIG STUD!!! :whoohoo:

mskendra
July 18th, 2007, 11:15 PM
To funny! Big Stud.. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
July 19th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Well he is a huge person in all aspects but way to go with the Bug stud thing funny. Now you making funny's.

Dani
July 19th, 2007, 10:47 PM
:hellobaby: I told you I try! It was too good a pun to pass up. Hahahahahaha! :biggrin:

mskendra
July 19th, 2007, 10:52 PM
I had to read that scene twice and REALLLY wanted inside his head. Oppss mind that's what I meant MIND...

OMG did I really type that *blush*

Dani
July 19th, 2007, 10:53 PM
:roflmao: It's all good Kendra! We all do it sometimes.

Karenne
July 20th, 2007, 12:00 AM
snicker.....ROFL:turned:

mskendra
July 20th, 2007, 12:59 AM
These conversations are the highlight of my day!

yes.. still blushing

Dani
July 20th, 2007, 01:06 AM
Mine too! I so love it here because I can let loose and enjoy myself and put in all the :smartass: remarks I can. :biggrin:

mskendra
July 20th, 2007, 01:25 AM
i hope I get to meet you guys in person one day. OMG what a time THAT would be.

DavidsGirl841444
July 20th, 2007, 10:48 AM
We would be so crazy and loud come on that would be a greeat day in history.Woohooo

Dani
July 20th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Yeah it would! I'd love to meet all of you. It would be awsome. Maybe we can get the money up and all meet at RT next year! Keri's even game for doing that. She loves to meet her fans! She'll be at RT too, so I'm really into going now. :whoohoo:

DavidsGirl841444
July 20th, 2007, 03:55 PM
You and the RT you really have a yen to go there don't you. I mean really crazy wanting to go right?

Dani
July 22nd, 2007, 12:21 AM
Hell ya! Have you seen the hunks??? That alone makes me want to go, but I'd like to meet the authors that go too. The parties look cool as well. It's supposed to be great fun. :lol:

DavidsGirl841444
July 23rd, 2007, 11:07 AM
you mean the contest of hot romance guys are they really that hot/ Or is it just the makeup that makes them look good and are most of them married, single?

Dani
July 25th, 2007, 12:39 AM
No, I don't think it's make-up, it's them. They are hard bodied and just wow! :hellobaby: :whoohoo:

christinac
July 25th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Where is the RT next year. Ever since ya'll starting talking about it and listening to Keri talk about it I'm kind of interested in going, but I'm not sure that I would have the money to do something like that.
:notworthy: :notworthy:

Dani
July 25th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Pittsburg, PA is where it will take place. It happens in April, so you should have plenty of time to save money for it. That's what I'm doing. :biggrin:

christinac
July 26th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Pittsburg, PA is where it will take place. It happens in April, so you should have plenty of time to save money for it. That's what I'm doing. :biggrin:

I'm suppose to be going to be going to Florida in April next year Fishing Trip
(sips at her coffee, blushing)
I know, I'm in outdoorsy girl
:lol:

Dani
July 26th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Begining, middle or end of April? Because RT is usually toward the end of April. BTW, where in FL are you gonna be? I'm North of Tampa.

christinac
July 26th, 2007, 01:53 PM
It's a the end of April. This year we went at the beginning of May, but didn't catch a lot
So, we are going at the end of April before the full moon.
We go to Clewiston I don't know how far away that is from Tampa

Dani
July 26th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Here's just one of the men from the Mr. Romance Contest. His name is Ozzie Walle. Can you believe that this guy has 8 kids? WOW!!!

http://www.romantictimes.com/images/news/conventions/con07_56.jpg

To see the rest of the pictures from RT click this link: http://www.romantictimes.com/news_conv07a.php (http://www.romantictimes.com/news_conv07a.php). Enjoy!!

christinac
July 26th, 2007, 02:39 PM
OMG he is so sexy!!!
(dropping her coffee!)

Karenne
July 26th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Here's just one of the men from the Mr. Romance Contest. His name is Ozzie Walle. Can you believe that this guy has 8 kids? WOW!!!

http://www.romantictimes.com/images/news/conventions/con07_56.jpg

To see the rest of the pictures from RT click this link: http://www.romantictimes.com/news_conv07a.php (http://www.romantictimes.com/news_conv07a.php). Enjoy!!

(thinks to self...well if I had that every night..I would have 8 kids too):whoohoo:

Dani
July 26th, 2007, 03:31 PM
(thinks to self...well if I had that every night..I would have 8 kids too):whoohoo:
You, me and every woman on this forum!! That one is a hotty, but this one is the hottest (not to mention that he won Mr. Romance 07)! This is Jason Santiago...:hellobaby: !!

http://www.romantictimes.com/images/news/conventions/con07_58.jpg

I'd take this Native American home anyday!! :devil:

Karenne
July 26th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Is it hot in here (fans face):err:

Dani
July 26th, 2007, 03:39 PM
I know that! I'm gettin ready for a very cold shower to cool off! :roflmao:

DavidsGirl841444
July 26th, 2007, 03:42 PM
No not just hot in here:arghhhh:. Ohh share the fan. Whoa those some of the guys where have they been most of my life. Are they hiding from me or what? Oh whoa. Are they all taken cuase that would be a crying shame.:sweatdrop: Would like to vote for them myself, ask for a private in depth interview:welcome: .

Dani
July 26th, 2007, 03:45 PM
That's what's waiting at RT!! Now do you see one of the reasons why I want to go?

DavidsGirl841444
July 26th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Oh girly I can see the reason and no doubt about why anyone women would go. Are they in any gift bags or prize to win in the RT.

Dani
July 26th, 2007, 04:02 PM
I so wish that they were in goodie bags, but they aren't. :mumbles: They would be a great presents!!

DavidsGirl841444
July 26th, 2007, 05:06 PM
:arghhhh: They would be fantabulous presents.

christinac
July 27th, 2007, 08:45 AM
You got that right, I would love to grab me up some of that! Meow!

Dani
July 27th, 2007, 09:10 PM
I do believe they mingle with the crowd too! :devil: *wags eyebrows*

DavidsGirl841444
July 27th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Them gods mingle with us mere mortals how lucky for us.

christinac
July 30th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Heck yeah that works for me let's mingle baby!!
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

orangeengr85
July 30th, 2007, 02:11 PM
I think I need to investigate this RT thing a little closer, :p

Dani
July 30th, 2007, 06:06 PM
It's great fun from what I've been told. I'm planning on going, but I have to save the money first.

Oh, some of the people that I talk to on Charlaine Harris' boards has a picture of Keri (and other authors) in their pics from RT 07. They looked like they had a blast.

orangeengr85
July 30th, 2007, 06:16 PM
that's cool. i have no doubt everyone has fun. i don't think i would be able to go, though. too much is happening in my life in the next year. i graduate from college in december, get married in january and start a full time job in february. :lol: maybe i will be in a position to go in '09.

Dani
July 30th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Wow Amanda! You have a lot on your plate for the next 7 months or so. Good luck to you on your plans and like you said maybe in 09 you can go. Who knows it might be closer to you then (it was this year for sure, it was in Houston, TX).

KeriArthur
July 30th, 2007, 06:25 PM
my goodness, you will be busy next year! March will be positively boring after the prev three months

orangeengr85
July 30th, 2007, 06:35 PM
yes, march will be a bit of a change of pace for by the time it rolls around. :biggrin:

i would, in fact, be much more likely to attend if it were closer than pittsburg. houston again would be nice. i have friends who have graduated and gone to work there.

KeriArthur
July 30th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Houston was great, although Daytona was a much better location. I was walking along the beach at 6 every morning in Daytona. Couldn't walk like that in Houston (walking through deserted streets at that hour never seems like a good idea to me)

Dani
July 30th, 2007, 06:55 PM
I wish it could be in Daytona again too. That's only about 4 hours away from me and I could get there without flying. LOL Plus it's awsome there and the beach is beautiful at sunrise and nice to watch the sunset on.

KeriArthur
July 30th, 2007, 07:00 PM
yeah, daytona sunrises were brilliant. There's actually a heap of daytona pics on my website--in the about me section

CharmedGirl
July 30th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Daytona would be a great place. Good location! :clap:

Dani
July 30th, 2007, 10:45 PM
You've been to Daytona CharmedGirl? I'm about 4 hours South of there on the West coast of FL (Daytona is on the East coast of FL).

It was already there and I don't think they'll bring it back this way again for a bit. After Pittsburg, PA I have a feeling it will go West toward California or somewhere around that area. Not sure though because it's up to the people at RT of course.

CharmedGirl
July 31st, 2007, 01:32 AM
I'm from Australia and have done a bit of travelling through America. I'm trying to get to New York sometime next year to visit a friend but I need to save a bit more money first. :swoon:

I'm not having that much luck saving! :arghhhh:

Dani
July 31st, 2007, 09:25 AM
Very cool! I also know about not being able to save money. LOL It's so hard sometimes. :roflmao:

CharmedGirl
July 31st, 2007, 07:37 PM
It's hard especially when you find nice clothes or a book that you want!

DavidsGirl841444
July 31st, 2007, 09:06 PM
Oh especially when you find a great book. There are so many of them its hard to say no. Like an addict I need a fix every once in a while.

CharmedGirl
August 1st, 2007, 10:10 PM
When I'm not reading the Riley Jensen Guardian series, I like to read Crime

novels by Patricia Cornwell (Kay Scarpetta series), Linda Fairstein (Alex

Cooper series) and James Patterson (Women's Murder Club series) and Kathy Reichs (Temperance Brennan series). :scooter:

Dani
August 1st, 2007, 10:56 PM
I read a lot of other authors when I'm not reading Keri's books, but her's are some of my favorites. I also plan on getting more of Keri's books when I can.

Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series (aka Southern Vampire Novels), Kate Douglas' Wolf Tales series, Kate Forsyth's The witches of Eileanan series (& Rhiannon's Ride series), MaryJanice Davidson's Undead series (& her Wyndham Werewolf series & her Fred the Mermaid series), Sally Painter's books and there are more, but I just can't name them all because I'd take up too much space. LOL

CharmedGirl
August 1st, 2007, 11:46 PM
I'd take up too much room with all my favourite authors as well.

Dani
August 1st, 2007, 11:55 PM
I think we all would! :roflmao:

DavidsGirl841444
August 2nd, 2007, 09:30 AM
My little bookcase is overflowing withbooks. Keeps being piled up andup gotto get a bigger one.

christinac
August 2nd, 2007, 10:37 AM
Mine too, I just got introduced to the Anita Black series so I'm hooked of course!!!!
:tt2: :tt2:
Can't get enuogh

phoenyxstarr
August 2nd, 2007, 01:21 PM
My friend introduced me to Anita Blake a couple years ago & I'm loving them... I just wish my library would get more of them in, instead of just 5 or 6 that I've already read. Soon I hope to buy my own copies, so I can read them whenever I want.

Dani
August 2nd, 2007, 01:50 PM
You know, you could always see if your library could transfer the book from another library in the system to yours.

orangeengr85
August 2nd, 2007, 02:22 PM
i read all of the anita blake books out at the time about 2 years ago. and i've never gotten back into them...maybe that's something i'll have to look into.

DavidsGirl841444
August 2nd, 2007, 03:47 PM
Don't know I am just finishing thelast two books anita blake series and they are ok no offense I mean guys are hot and women kicks butt sort of close to keri's books. But something about it is just off. No idea what but when I figure it out that'll be tha day.

CharmedGirl
August 2nd, 2007, 03:55 PM
Read the Riley Jensen Guardian Series it is much better.

orangeengr85
August 2nd, 2007, 06:31 PM
yes, i agree that the riley books are better. i'm going to sort of brainstorm for a moment about why.

i think that the characters are more loveable. they are all driven by a sense of purpose. i think this is due better control by the author in her plot lines. in the anita blake books there are many scenes that don't further either plot or character development. they are just random. this makes the books seem somewhat choppy. i also think that the later anita blake books have had thinner plotlines, yet they still get longer...the last three or four could have had aobut 100-150 pages edited out and been much stronger, IMO. so the conclusion is, i suppose, that the earlier books are better. *shrugs*

DavidsGirl841444
August 2nd, 2007, 10:50 PM
Oh my god I think you hit the nail on the head. Its true there are sex scenes that come out of nowhere and its like you don't need that here or anywhere at all. Confusing but nice I guess.

CharmedGirl
August 3rd, 2007, 12:27 AM
With Keri's books the more pages the better because the characters are always developing and interacting where as in other books the focus sometimes is only on one character.

DavidsGirl841444
August 3rd, 2007, 10:13 AM
Aamen to the character development, yes ms.Hamilton does develop her character but its sometime confusing. While Keri take you and explains why andwhat happeneing. I like that. Not that I am you know dumb or anything but just sometime a littlehelp wuldn't hurt.

orangeengr85
August 3rd, 2007, 11:00 AM
that's true, i like to think i'm not dumb either, but do appreciate a little more straightforwardness than what the anita blake books offer. with the riley books, the characters develop, learn and change from their experiences, rather than obsessively dwelling on what's wrong and how they should change. most people don't change fundamentally by thinking about it. something or someone pushes them there. not saying it can't be done, but it is much harder and less realistic.

orangeengr85
August 3rd, 2007, 11:03 AM
hopefully we haven't offended those who are enjoying the anita blake books. if you are hooked on the earlier books, it's hard not to read to find out what happens. but it's frustrating not to find the closure you're looking for in a certain plotline or at least part of it. you feel like you just ran in circles for several hours and never went anywhere.

DavidsGirl841444
August 3rd, 2007, 11:37 AM
Thank you a kindred spirit. Oh you are so good. I mean yeah her ealier books actually made sense they go some where and moved on. But the ones afterwardsis like beating dead horse over and over again. Wwe get the point move on. Maybe she'll get back to the way it was before. Hey if you havn't red it or really like those books no offense just our mindset.

orangeengr85
August 3rd, 2007, 12:13 PM
exactly.

btw, i love your siggie...don't tell anyone, but they talk to me too..:lol:

CharmedGirl
August 3rd, 2007, 03:28 PM
Has anyone read the Kim Harrison (Rachel Morgan Bounty Hunter) series. Just wondering what it is like? :turned:

orangeengr85
August 3rd, 2007, 03:51 PM
i've read all but the last. i have the last, just haven't gotten to it yet. i liked them. as i recall, they are well written with a good amount of action the keeps the plot moving. not so much really in the romance department. that's all i can think of. i'm off to visit the future in laws with the fiance for the weekend. ttfn.

CharmedGirl
August 3rd, 2007, 04:23 PM
I hope you like your future in laws otherwise that is going to be a hard weekend. :lol:

I can't stand my future in laws.:arghhhh:

Dani
August 3rd, 2007, 09:33 PM
:roflmao: You ladies and your future In-laws! I can't say much because I was engaged to a guy who only had his mother still alive and she was okay. I bet (hopefully not though) I'll find some one that has parents that I don't get along with too.

DavidsGirl841444
August 3rd, 2007, 10:29 PM
But how can anyone not like you Wolf, your great. If they don't well they are dumb. HEHEHE! Hope you have a good weekend and that they like you. Orang we do. And yeah I read the first Kim book it was good I liked it must get the other ones.

Dani
August 3rd, 2007, 10:49 PM
Oh, I can think of a few ways that someone could not like me. :lol: See, I'm very strong willed and I have a tendancy to have a "Oh well" attitude toward people that don't like me or don't like the way I think. Let's just put it this way, I can be like Riley was towards Blake at times. Actually, I can totally get Riley because I'm kinda like her and I would react the same way at times.

DavidsGirl841444
August 3rd, 2007, 10:52 PM
Oh! But yeah its cool. Because my way is ignore the things people say about me or mine. Well not my friends and family but meI meanit's not going to kill me. So let it pass, I know not Riley likeand it aggrivates my guy but he is hot tempered I guess when it comes to people making fun. Wish I could react but then it gives them power to hurt. But oh well life is life.

Dani
August 3rd, 2007, 11:02 PM
It's the Irish heritage (and in my case German heritage too...LOL)! Gotta love our tudes!! :roflmao:

DavidsGirl841444
August 3rd, 2007, 11:04 PM
Oh you bet my guy is irishheritage thats probably where it comes from and the puerto rican as well. They mix and come out with pissed off.

Dani
August 3rd, 2007, 11:09 PM
What a combo. Geesh, I bet that can get interesting when tempers flair.

DavidsGirl841444
August 4th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Well we do get in fights much like RIley would get when tangling with a vamp. (j/k) but close and tempers flair but it always lead to fun or apologies. Like you said about them two compromise.

CharmedGirl
August 5th, 2007, 07:10 PM
I love a good compromise but I can also be a little - it's :lol: my way or the highway

DavidsGirl841444
August 5th, 2007, 09:19 PM
I like the highway bit it is usually that way with me and my guy so yeah its do what I say or you get a whack.

CharmedGirl
August 5th, 2007, 09:57 PM
I've learnt a little bit of compromise in my relationship over the years. :notworthy:

I would still like to see the stubborn side of Riley for a little while yet but she needs to settle for a little compromise when it comes to her relationship with Quinn or any other guy. :turned:

orangeengr85
August 6th, 2007, 11:02 AM
lol, i'm back and attempting to catch up on all the conversations that i missed. i do, in fact, like my future in-laws, so it was an enjoyable weekend.

DavidsGirl841444
August 6th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Glad to hear it girly. And welcome back.

Dani
August 6th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Welcome back Amanda. Glad you enjoyed your weekend. Hope you won't have too much to read to catch up, but with the way that we post there might be a lot. :lol:

christinac
August 6th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Yeah, IrishWolf whenever I get on I have to catch up cause I pratically can't get on on the weekends.
Believe me there is a lot of catching up.

Dani
August 6th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Sorry about thah Christina, but you know how post happy we can get. :roflmao:

orangeengr85
August 6th, 2007, 02:43 PM
yeah, before i left friday i marked all posts as read. when i checked this morning there were new messages in at least 60 threads. and some of those threads can represent many individual posts. i'm having to pick and choose which threads to catch up on.:lol:

DavidsGirl841444
August 6th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Choose all of them I take anight or day catching up with all the wrting. Its wonderful.

Dani
August 7th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Well honey, you're going to have a lot of catching up to do on the All the Quinn supporters out there give a shout out! page. I'm doing some MAJOR dicussing with William there. Hahahaha! :devil:

christinac
August 7th, 2007, 07:09 AM
I'm glad I can read throughout the week and just have to catch up on the weekend stuff.

orangeengr85
August 7th, 2007, 10:10 AM
yeah, i probably will end up reading all of them. i mean really, who am i kidding? not any of y'all, that's for sure :lol:

christinac
August 7th, 2007, 10:50 AM
yeah, i probably will end up reading all of them. i mean really, who am i kidding? not any of y'all, that's for sure :lol:

It takes me a while to read them but I laugh at some of them; I don't won't to miss anything.

Dani
August 7th, 2007, 01:57 PM
That's because we're too funny some days! It's hours of entertainment fun. :lol:

christinac
August 7th, 2007, 02:38 PM
You got that right, I love coming here when I'm in a bad mood b/c all ya'll seem to make it better.

CharmedGirl
August 7th, 2007, 07:08 PM
It is good to just come into the website and read some of the posts sometimes when you're feeling down cause most of the time they put a smile on your face.

Dani
August 7th, 2007, 08:06 PM
I'm glad we make y'all feel better! I'm the same way when I come on here and read some of the posts that y'all have written. It's a riot some days.

DavidsGirl841444
August 8th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Some days all the days are funny and way intresting. Come on what would RIley's life be without a bit of humor or adventure in it. Right?

christinac
August 8th, 2007, 10:44 AM
You got that right DavidsGirl!!!

Dani
August 8th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Very true girlie!

DavidsGirl841444
August 8th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Ok question: who would want a life like Riley's? Honestly!!

Me I am in the indesicion category. I mean the hot guys, the strength, thepowers, the cool costumes Liander gives her, A great brother, A job that pays(of course layinglife on the line but their has to be sacrafice.). I would so do it knowing all thats happened to her thus far, hell yeah sign me up.

CharmedGirl
August 8th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Her life sounds like fun :notworthy: !

She wouldn't have much of a life if it wasn't for the humour and adventure. :arghhhh:

Dani
August 8th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Yeah, I think I'd like to be like Riley! She's awsome!! The job is great too. She's just trying to keep herself from fully becoming a killer. She wants to keep her feelings and doesn't want to be cold hearted like the others.

CharmedGirl
August 8th, 2007, 09:13 PM
She realises that there are some people she has to kill in cold blood even if it's to save her life or someone she loves. :euro:

christinac
August 9th, 2007, 08:32 AM
I would definitley want to be like Riley.
I like danger, I wouldn't want to have to deal with the drug that's running through her body, but everything else
HELL YEAH!!!
Good question to put up DavidsGirl!!!!

NessyPerth
August 9th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Come now people what is so good about riley's life? ok so she can kick some royal butt, and she has awesome super powers, oh and she gets to have hot steamy sex with incredibly hot guys! ..... oh hell where do i sign up?????

orangeengr85
August 9th, 2007, 10:10 AM
all of the perks sound fabulous, but i'm a bit of a scaredy-cat i guess. as i just wrote in another thread, i prefer to read about danger.

DavidsGirl841444
August 9th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Thats ok orangeengr85 believeme I am mostly scared of everything and it pisses my guy off once in a while. Andbelieveme reading about danger not that bad.

NessyPerth
August 9th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Hey ladies i have just discovered these threads in the last two days (im stuck at home sick had nothing better to do) and i must say you guys are a hoot. I been laughing and sniffling all day, i think i will be taking the time to visit more often.

except the whole danger thing. I been sitting here that long i think im in danger of deep vein thrombosis or whatever it's called. hahaha who needs flying bullets and evil characters ;o)

christinac
August 9th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Well we are gladyou are here nessy, we always enjoy more people to talk to!!!

Dani
August 9th, 2007, 08:14 PM
We try really hard Nessy!! It usually comes naturally to us though. :lol:

DavidsGirl841444
August 9th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Well to some more then others right Irish wolf of course not saying who. IUish!!!

Dani
August 9th, 2007, 11:44 PM
Okay honey! If you say so. :roflmao:

william
August 10th, 2007, 09:27 PM
I don't know about being like Riley....since im a guy and all....but if i could only have one of the powers of a wolf, it would be there power to raise aura and totally turn on whoever its aimed at...yeah...that would be great because then my wife couldn't hold " it " hostage when she gets mad at me lol

Dani
August 10th, 2007, 09:35 PM
:roflmao:OMG, that's too funny!!! I bet your wife wouldn't think so though. But maybe if there were enough pleasure involved she would though!! :devil: Who knows.

william
August 10th, 2007, 09:44 PM
muahahahahaha!!!!!! she would never see it coming....im sitting in the recliner watching football....she walks in and i ask her for a romp in the hay....she starts to say no.....then WHAMMMM!!!!! i smack her with enough sexual energy to dehydrate her....*snickers* i can deffinitly see the bennifits....i've never been sexually assaulted by a woman before, could be fun :D

Dani
August 10th, 2007, 10:02 PM
You are definately not like most men if you ask for a roll in the hay during a football game. LMAO!! Most men are telling their wives (that want something during a game) that the game is on and they can wait until later. hahaha!

I think it would be fun to sexually assult my man (if I had one and in a nice way). Needless to say it would be very interesting. ;)

william
August 10th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Any man that would turn down a little play time to watch a football game needs to have his head checked....you can always catch the results on sports center!!!!! lmao im the one naggin my wife while she's reading or watching ghost hunters lol.

dreamer61278
August 10th, 2007, 10:49 PM
lamo... some people could take lessons *smile*
________
My Green Heaven Ministry Hours (http://www.dispensaries.org/)

Dani
August 10th, 2007, 10:55 PM
I totally agree William!

And yeah Dreamer, most men could and should take lessons.

william
August 10th, 2007, 10:59 PM
stop guys....your making my blush....lol. I just know a good thing when i see it....i would much rather curl up with my beautiful wife and inhale all that is woman than sit in a damn recliner and watch men bend over and grope eachother, lol. There is no other decision for me lol

Dani
August 10th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Awwwwwwwwww, how sweet! I need a man like you. Hahahah! Seriously.

NessyPerth
August 11th, 2007, 08:27 AM
i agree with IrishWolf you sound like a good man William, if you have any brothers or good friends who think like you my number is %&<?> ahhh j/k i dont have time to date just now (thats my excuse and im sticking to it) :o)

DavidsGirl841444
August 11th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Yeah but hopefully its not used wrongly. KNow alot if guys who would take advantageof such a thing. But I know Will would never. So thats good. I would have the whole disappearing act of a vampire to go into shadows that would be so much fun. Play hide and seek.

You

DavidsGirl841444
August 11th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Wellyeah that power sounds likefun, much but guys should beware that power can be used for the dark side and bad things. I know our Will would never take advantage of it like that.

The power I want is the whole disappearing shadow thing it is fun to play hide and seek.

Dani
August 11th, 2007, 02:54 PM
You're too funny DavidsGirl! I would like that ablilty as well. It would be cool to wrap the shadows around me and go where I want to. :biggrin:

william
August 12th, 2007, 01:59 AM
lol, i actually do have a brother, unfortunatly he wont be available for a few more years lol. thats sweet that you hold that high of an opinion of me *blushes* lol. I have to be honest though....the idea of a woman being able to wrap the shadows around themselves scares me just a little bit lol. from now on i believe im going to start sleeping in something other than my birthday suit lmao

Dani
August 12th, 2007, 02:08 AM
:roflmao: You are too funny! Don't you know that that's the best way to be.

william
August 12th, 2007, 02:14 AM
lol, yea i have to agree, i can't be confined when im already covered up by blankets and my wifes legs lol. im still all for the whole "raising the aura" thing. Yeah that sounds great lol.

DavidsGirl841444
August 12th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Ok don't be scared I don't think any women would look, wellll, take a peek maybe. ;)

william
August 12th, 2007, 08:18 PM
riiiiiiiight!!!!! women are just as perverted as men!!!! they are just more sneaky about it. lol but thats okay i guess....I wish all women were as sexually exploring as Riley. I swear that some days i feel like a dog beggin for his supper hehehe. Other days i just hide in the bathroom covering my genitals weeping as she tries to coax me out with promises such as : " I'll be more gentle next time..." or " Why don't we get something to 'eat'..." lol

CharmedGirl
August 12th, 2007, 08:46 PM
This isn't going to be one of those I'll show you mine if you show me yours kind of chats it is?

Cause if it is I'm out of here (Just kidding)!

DavidsGirl841444
August 12th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Well I like those chats well not actually shoing. This isn't show and tell. But William I feel sorry some of us women can be a bit crazy like that. But hey sometimes even some guys like rest as much as us girls do. Sorry about you hiding in a bathroom.Funny , but sad a little.

william
August 12th, 2007, 10:14 PM
if that were actually the case...which it cirtainly is NOT, lol, i would expect a slap back into reality....if i ever start hiding from sex in any form please feel free to give me a rap on the beak lol. and no it is not one of those i'll show you mine if you show me yours kind of chats ;) i prefer to skirt the edges of that kind of chat because you can be a lil bit naughty without offending anyone :)

Dani
August 12th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Very true William! And I'll be sure to whap you one if you start hiding. LMAO!!

william
August 12th, 2007, 11:26 PM
thanks Dani, if anyone could do it it would be you lmao!!!!

Dani
August 13th, 2007, 12:54 AM
LMAO...I guess everything is left up to me to do! ;)

christinac
August 13th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Awwwwwwwwww, how sweet! I need a man like you. Hahahah! Seriously.

Me, too Dani!!
Hey William where can I find one of those????
:)

christinac
August 13th, 2007, 08:12 AM
You guys are always chatting while I'm gone damnit I miss everything!
That's ok though I love catching up and reading everybody's post! William you are great just thought you should know and I will let you know that I am probably as perverted as most men!!!:lol:

DavidsGirl841444
August 13th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Oh sorry that we talk so much. Well you and all us girls are as perverted as most guys it's just that they admit it as we do not. Oh believe me I will give you a slap to if you ever turn down sex. Thats crazy.

christinac
August 13th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Yeah refusing sex, that's a big smack if I've ever seen one.

DavidsGirl841444
August 13th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Only women can refuse sex. Men can not not if we wish it so.

william
August 13th, 2007, 01:36 PM
wow...thats very....cocky? of you, lol. I turn down sex to make points, and believe me when i say that my wife is no picknic when she is horny and frustrated lmao. payback is great although it rarely hapens for me :( lol thanks again for all the compliments ladies, really :) i suppose if you move to ohio and find you a nice country boy...thats where im from :)

Karenne
August 13th, 2007, 01:40 PM
nods...i agree on the good country boy (grins at my hubby) My personal them in life...(thank you big and rich)

Save a horse..ride a cowboy:roflmao:

Dani
August 13th, 2007, 02:08 PM
You are too funny Karenne! Yeah, I'd save the horse too if I had a cowboy. Hahahaha!!

Now DavidsGirl, men can refuse sex too. It's their right just as much as ours. It's just that you hardly ever hear them refuse. :roflmao:

christinac
August 13th, 2007, 02:14 PM
I never refuse to sex It's too great. :lol:
Anyway, I do have a country boy I live in a lil town in SC called Cottageville. You can't get more country than that.

william
August 13th, 2007, 04:06 PM
yea its really fun till someone loses an eye....lmao some of my first girlfriends are walkin around wearin eye patches!! lol

Dani
August 13th, 2007, 05:14 PM
You aren't that way and you know it William. Don't even play that way. LOL I'll have to come up there and slap ya straight and then I'll tell your wife and let her do the same thing. LMAO!

william
August 13th, 2007, 09:16 PM
lmao!! she would too

Dani
August 13th, 2007, 11:08 PM
I can imagine she would!! :roflmao:

DavidsGirl841444
August 13th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Heck she better if she is a tough women. I mean us real time hard a$$e$ need to be hard. So men don't stomp all over us. But I like the whole ride a cowboy,please with the whole ranch hand thing going down for him. All I have seen are city boys they are ok, but looking at the other stock they are hot as well maybe even hotter.

NessyPerth
August 14th, 2007, 03:46 AM
Ok so thats where im goin wrong. American country boys must have more morals than australian country boys. The last guy i was seeing rode in the same rodeo circuit that i hang out at, we were good friends and he was chasing me for a year before i caved in and started dating him. 6 weeks in and he hooked up for a night with my best friend of 15 years (now ex-bestfriend of 15 years). He thought i would forgive him because he was pissed when it happened. Ha! not likely.

christinac
August 14th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Same thing happened to me to Nessy, a dated a guy for a year we broke up and not even a week later my best friend started dating him. Oh, I was royally pissed, I stopped talking to her and him. But a few years went down the road and he was getting ready to get married and wanted to resolve what happened to us and be forgiven so I did and forgave my best friend but we still don't talk. I have no use for someone like that in my life.

NessyPerth
August 14th, 2007, 09:51 AM
I know what you mean. I would never have done anything like that to a friend and people who cheat are pathetic. In my opinion it's the ultimate betrayal, if your with someone, even if your not crazy in love yet, you should have enough respect for them to not cheat. I have dated some real jerks but i have also dated some really nice guys who were just wrong for me in different ways

christinac
August 14th, 2007, 10:03 AM
I'm with ya on that one! I can't seem to find the right one yet. Maybe I need to travel the world. :lol:

DavidsGirl841444
August 14th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Travel helps you could meet some rich european out there who is really hot. Don't know that any of my girlfriend would take my guy but god help them if they did. My friends did this thing making me choose between them and my guy. Chose my guy. I love him and they don't understand.

christinac
August 14th, 2007, 10:14 AM
I've learned the hard way about that DavidsGirl the guy might not always be there but your freinds will just a lil advice. didn't mean to make you mad if I did sorry :(

DavidsGirl841444
August 14th, 2007, 10:17 AM
No its true especially mine who isn't here but upstate while my friends are here. But we hardly talk unless its needed. So kind of lonely I know your friend are there for life, but so is he. Just hard is all. Thanks not mad at all.

christinac
August 14th, 2007, 10:18 AM
I just know from experience I might only be 22 but I had to do deal with some crazy stuff in my time.

NessyPerth
August 14th, 2007, 10:26 AM
real friends shouldn't put the burden of making you choose between them and your man anyway. He may not be to their liking but it's your life after all and friends need to be understanding and be there no matter what

DavidsGirl841444
August 14th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Amen to that Nessy. Thanks girls for talking it out. And hey maybe there are just as many hot looking guys out there for us all. Well for you two anyway.

christinac
August 14th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Nessy, you are awesome what you said is so true!!

NessyPerth
August 14th, 2007, 11:08 AM
thanks christina and davidsgirl, your awesome yourselves. girls rock after all :o)

christinac
August 14th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Girls Rule, boys drule!!!:lol:
Had to say it sorry william don't mean anything by it

NessyPerth
August 14th, 2007, 11:20 AM
yeah girls never drool. Unless Quinn is around LOL

christinac
August 14th, 2007, 11:24 AM
You got that right or maybe Kade (since he is a horse-shifter)!!:lol:

NessyPerth
August 14th, 2007, 11:35 AM
oh most definately kade. a bit of stallion action LOL

CharmedGirl
August 14th, 2007, 07:30 PM
:sweatdrop: Hot flashes...Kade and Quinn are two of the most desirable men in Riley's life!

Who wouldn't want that kind of action:lol:

Dani
August 14th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Girls, your hormones seem to be on overdrive today. Sorry, mine seem to be on the fritz right now. LOL!

I still want to see what the new man to be in her life has to offer.

NessyPerth
August 14th, 2007, 10:13 PM
new man? you know something i dont? LOL

DavidsGirl841444
August 14th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Oh many new men. Sadow, Kye, and the cute forensic wolfy. Arf, arf!

william
August 14th, 2007, 11:20 PM
did you just bark? lmao!!!!! lots of new guys comin to be in Rileys life.....think of Cole as a prospective "mate" for Riley.....im still not sure what a craggy faced man is though :S lol could someone help me out with that? please?

NessyPerth
August 15th, 2007, 08:28 AM
im stumped on that one too william. not sure. but i didn't get hot vibes off cole. He's a great character and definately a cool guy. I think Riley just likes to tease him a bit

DavidsGirl841444
August 15th, 2007, 09:50 AM
I think she loves teasing himso much. But there is an unsaid attraction. I have no idea what a craggy faced man is though, curious here to

orangeengr85
August 15th, 2007, 10:36 AM
according to thefreedictionary.com 'craggy' when in reference to face means "Rugged and uneven"

i'm very interested in seeing more of Cole. If I recall correctly he has some sort of distain for werewolves somewhat reminiscent of the dislike Quinn has for the same. I'd like to see some of the backstory into the reasons why and have Riley show him the error of his reasoning...or at least show him that werewolves aren't all bad.

christinac
August 15th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Thanks Amanda for the the definition I was wondering the same thing.
Yeah I would like to see Riley shed some sun into Coles eyes about werewolves.

DavidsGirl841444
August 15th, 2007, 04:24 PM
I just want to know his deal actually, why he is such a hard up peepee head. I mean did he get scorned as well?

Dani
August 15th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Maria, you are using some interesting words to getting around using the colorful ones (peepee head...LMAO!). All the same though, I'd like to know why Cole feels the way he does too.

In Dangerous Games pages 96 & 97 there is a dicussion that he and Riley have when they meet. I posted this on another thread yesterday, but since we seem to be discussing Cole here too, I figured that I should put it here as well.

KeriArthur
August 15th, 2007, 05:55 PM
im still not sure what a craggy faced man is though :S lol could someone help me out with that? please?

a face with lots of lines. think tommy lee jones. (who I think would make an excellent Jack)

Dani
August 15th, 2007, 06:33 PM
A very excellent idea for Jack, Keri! I like Tommy Lee Jones, he's the best.

CharmedGirl
August 15th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Think Al Pacino!

NessyPerth
August 15th, 2007, 09:02 PM
according to thefreedictionary.com 'craggy' when in reference to face means "Rugged and uneven"

i'm very interested in seeing more of Cole. If I recall correctly he has some sort of distain for werewolves somewhat reminiscent of the dislike Quinn has for the same. I'd like to see some of the backstory into the reasons why and have Riley show him the error of his reasoning...or at least show him that werewolves aren't all bad.

if i remember correctly cole's a wolf shifter who think they are above werewolves because werewolves sexual needs revolve around the moon phases (or something like that) but i think cole's biggest problem is with guardians in general because he thinks they are all murderers with no concience. But he is starting to see that that is not the case with Riley

william
August 15th, 2007, 10:29 PM
Cole has no room to judge....he is a wolf shifter and his only problem with Riley is that she is a "paid killer" as far as he is concerned!!!!! she should just rape him and get it over with.....he would only scream long enough for her to get his pants off lmao!!!

Dani
August 15th, 2007, 10:38 PM
We'll see what happens. I'd like to see some action between them just once to make him change his mind.

william
August 15th, 2007, 10:39 PM
yea i guess it would be kind of hot....but what does craggy faced mean? i've asked like 4 times in different threads!!!!

Dani
August 15th, 2007, 11:11 PM

a face with lots of lines. think tommy lee jones. (who I think would make an excellent Jack)
Okay you, this is what it means and two different people have told you now. LMAO!!

christinac
August 16th, 2007, 07:42 AM

Keri, that is an awesome idea for Jack. Tommy Lee Jones has played some very good roles over the years.

NessyPerth
August 16th, 2007, 08:58 AM
Cole has no room to judge....he is a wolf shifter and his only problem with Riley is that she is a "paid killer" as far as he is concerned!!!!! she should just rape him and get it over with.....he would only scream long enough for her to get his pants off lmao!!!
wolf shifters apparently feel superior to werewolves because the moon cycle has no effect on wolf shifters where it does on werewolves. That was my understanding anyway. I could be wrong it does happen....................................once or twice LOL

DavidsGirl841444
August 16th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Oh another for a quickie on Cole and Riley. Oh the moon effects intresting.

christinac
August 16th, 2007, 11:33 AM
That sounds good to me Nessy very understanding but I don't know if it right or wrong :lol: but I'll go with your idea. :)

Dani
August 16th, 2007, 12:30 PM
That sounds about right. I wouldn't quote me on it, but I do think Nessy is correct. :biggrin:

DavidsGirl841444
August 16th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Way to go Nessy!!!!

KeriArthur
August 16th, 2007, 05:25 PM
wolf shifters apparently feel superior to werewolves because the moon cycle has no effect on wolf shifters where it does on werewolves. That was my understanding anyway. I could be wrong it does happen....................................once or twice LOL

you're not wrong this time, though. :turned:

dreamer61278
August 16th, 2007, 05:58 PM
i am all for cole and riley
________
Zoloft settlements (http://classactionsettlements.org/)

Dani
August 16th, 2007, 08:10 PM
See, I told you that I thought she was right! :whoohoo: I had remembered reading that some where too, but I couldn't remember where.

NessyPerth
August 16th, 2007, 09:33 PM
wooohooo i love being right LOL

christinac
August 17th, 2007, 07:31 AM
WOOHOO Go Nessy (dancing around the room)

DavidsGirl841444
August 17th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Oh let me join in. (Dancing around a pole and jumping up and down on heels.)

NessyPerth
August 17th, 2007, 11:17 PM
that sounds like fun (and a little dangerous) davidsgirl. Is that pole a metaphor for anything now? LMAO

ok i think i need to settle down a bit here. Reel me back in anytime ya's want :o) i'm a good girl i am i am

Dani
August 17th, 2007, 11:52 PM
Nessy I tell myself everyday when I read the books (esp.w/Quinn) and the posts here. I let loose here and have fun. :whoohoo:

NessyPerth
August 17th, 2007, 11:54 PM
well we definatly do let loose here dont we. and have a hell of a lot of fun :o)

Dani
August 17th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Yes we do...LOL!

KeriArthur
August 18th, 2007, 04:51 AM
Oh let me join in. (Dancing around a pole and jumping up and down on heels.)

I shall not ask whose pole you're dancing around.....:whistling:

NessyPerth
August 18th, 2007, 04:53 AM
i dont know but i can guess who's pole she wants to be dancing around *cough, Quinn, cough*. LOL