PDA

View Full Version : Seventy Days of Sweat

Nicole Gestalt
July 11th, 2007, 10:30 AM
As if I hadn't got enough on my plate I thought it would be a great idea to sign up for the Seventy Days of Sweat (http://www.alisonkent.com/blog/?p=2089)
I've not pledged to do as much writing as some of the others on there, in fact I'm only planning on writing just over 10k which will be enough to finally finish the two short novella's I'm currently working on.

I'll be posting up here how I'm doing on here and also my online journal (http://www.nicolegestat.blogspot.com).

Nicole

Karenne
July 12th, 2007, 12:04 PM
snicker...Okay..tell me more about the 70 days of sweat.:flowers:

Nicole Gestalt
July 13th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Seventy Days of Sweat is similar to the National Novel Writing Month, however it takes place over 70 days. It's a way to keep focused and allows gives writers a group to fall back on.

Each author makes a pledge to write a certain amount each day (it's recomended that it be at least 2-6 pages but it depends on how much your word count pledge is overall), then reports twice a week to let people know how the writing is going.

So far I'm doing ok although I'm having to split my time between the writing and card making (for the Pink Picnic that I have a stall at this year) but its going well.

I'll put more updates on here when I've got more to report. :)

Karenne
July 14th, 2007, 10:36 PM
oh wow! Neat!

Okay I am crossing my fingers for you honey.

So let us know (when you can) how you are doing!:GEEK:

Nicole Gestalt
July 15th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the fingers I think i'll need them!

I will post every now and then how i'm doing.
At the moment i'm on about 3500 since Wednesday, its not as great as I had hoped for but I've had lots of other things on so it's not so bad.

Karenne
July 15th, 2007, 08:27 PM
I think that is great! I don't think I could write under that kind of pressure!

:rockon:

Nicole Gestalt
July 17th, 2007, 09:15 AM
I wasn't sure I could but its actually given me something to work toward, and I guess has made me much more focused which is something I needed!

It's also great to see how everyone else is doing. Over 200 people registered in the end!

Karenne
July 17th, 2007, 10:03 AM
WOW! 200 people who are going to inflict that kind of pain on themselves? Or who have the drive to do that kind of thing? snicker...

That is great!

(says the lazy me)

Linda L Lattimer
July 18th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Wow that sounds fun, and that many people signed up, bet the outcome will be interesting
best of luck, Nicole, you can do it
Linda

Nicole Gestalt
July 19th, 2007, 07:42 AM
So it is now just over a week since I started it and although it has been hard work it has also been great fun. Since I'm writing now a bit everyday and getting into the habit of it again (I used to write everyday but then things seemed to get in the way now I'm making sure to make time for it), I've remembered how much I love to write.

I had set myself a goal to write 10k which was what I had to do for some deadlines, but now I'm learning that I can write so much more. I'm currently at 6k which means that I've actually finished one of the stories I wanted to finish and have started the slow process of typing it up. So I'm now working on my second story (which is a short erotic fairytale that I'm very excited about and have been wanting to write for ages).

At the rate i'm working I'll have all my deadlines for the year done by the time the seventy days ends so I'm very happy with myself! Although that will mean I will then start adding deadlines but then I get more work done and have another excuse to write so all is good :)

Karenne
July 19th, 2007, 11:24 PM
A whole week. Aren't you proud of yourself! That is just great!:notworthy:

Nicole Gestalt
July 30th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Well the third week has now gone in this challenge. I'm currently on 9500 words. This week I've not been able to write a thing since I spent almost the entire time in bed (because I was ill not because of anything else :( ). When I was actually up I was running around trying to get everything ready for a large craft stall I was running. Tomorrow I start to write to make up for the lost time.

Karenne
July 30th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Good for you Nicole!

You are really rolling along!:wideeyed:

Nicole Gestalt
August 15th, 2007, 01:15 PM
I'm in the 6th week so far and I figured that it was time for an update. Since I've started I've written 17k which is actually way over what my goal had been. I'm now being able to work towards various other deadlines that I wasn't planning on doing till I started this event.

If anyone fancies a gentle nudge with regards to writing check out the website and sign up for the next event!

The new website can now be found at: http://70daysofsweat.com/wordpress/

Linda L Lattimer
August 19th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Nicole, thanks for the link, and you are doing great, girl

Linda

Linda L Lattimer
September 5th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Hi Nicole how is the writing going now?

Nicole Gestalt
September 5th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Hi Linda - Thanks for asking and reminding me I'm meant to be checking in here :)

Sorry I've not been updating on here I've had some issues with family etc.. which has meant I've not been able to spend as much time online or even writing.

However I am now currently on 26842 words which is so much more then I had wanted to write over the time. So I am very happy and am now working towards new projects I hadn't even begun to think about beforehand.

If people are interested they are currently running an poll to decide when the next one will be (the two dates are: October 15th or November 1st) just pop over to the site and have a look.

Linda L Lattimer
September 6th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Hello Nicole, thanks so much for letting us know

Nicole Gestalt
September 10th, 2007, 11:17 AM
I hit 30K last night

DiscoDancingCarrots

The whole point of the of the 70 Days of Sweat was to write 60K and I know I'm way off that but I'm very happy with it all and I don't mind since I've acheived much more then I set out to do.

The challenge ends on the 20th and then the next one will start either half way through October or at the start of November. I will be going for the full 60K in the next one :)

Linda L Lattimer
September 11th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Nicole that is excellent, you are doing great because you kept on plugging away at the keyboard and that is what makes it wonderful!

Nicole Gestalt
September 20th, 2007, 09:51 PM
The 70 Days is now over. I started the time saying that I wanted to write 10k since that was the miniumn of what I needed to do. I ended up writing 36661 (approx) words.

It's been a bit of a whirl-wind and I am very happy I took part since it taught me a lot about how I write and also how much I can acheive.

In the end I have written the following:

5-10k

RTS -submitted
CF - submitted and contracted
Spy story - a wip currently 5k
Vamp story - a wip currently approx 5k

Fiction 1k-5k
Strength - submitted
Vampire drink - needs editing
Latex Fetish - a wip

Fiction under 1k

Strength - submitted
Train journey - needs editing
Summer House - needs editing
wedding - a wip
Mice - needs editing
The cleansing - needs editing

Now I'm working on some more pieces before the next 70 days begins :)

Linda L Lattimer
September 25th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Nicole that is great..it leaves a feel good feeling doesn't it?

Nicole Gestalt
September 25th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Linda, Yes it does :) Although since the 70 Days are now over I've taken a little mini holiday but I will be starting up again before the end of the week.