PDA

View Full Version : Promo/Excerpt : Nocturne by R.W. Shannon (Adult I/R, Paranormal)

R.W. Shannon
May 2nd, 2011, 05:51 PM
Hello all,

My work schedule got crazy so I've only been able to lurk. But I wanted to take a few minutes to introduce my new Adult, Interracial (black female/white male) Romance from Beautiful Trouble Publishing entitled Nocturne
https://beautifultroublepublishing.com/xcart/image.php?type=P&id=16269
https://beautifultroublepublishing.com/xcart/Nocturne-EBOOK.html

In Nocturne,
Nella Jackson has just turned twenty-one, but her birthday is anything but ordinary. She’s just learned that her mother, a former slayer, has made a deal with Hell and on this night, Nella will become a vampire—while her mother is carted off to Hell. What’s more, the father Nella’s never known reenters the picture to take care of her during her mother’s absence—and it turns out he’s a vampire too. Nella’s father assigns his protégé, Lazarus Cole, with the task of serving as Nella’s bodyguard, but the new vampire quickly becomes anything but just an assignment.

Excerpt :

It was just past midnight, and Nella Jackson couldn’t sleep. Her twenty-first birthday was only a few minutes old. She had hoped to go out later and party, but her mother wouldn’t let her. Nella groaned as she rubbed her eyes. Why did she even care what her mother said? She was a grown woman and could do what she wanted, when she wanted.

Giving up on sleep, she flung back the blankets and made her way to the window. Nella pulled back the curtain and looked out onto the busy Friday night street from her ground-floor bedroom. She was about to close the curtain and give sleep another try when she saw him.

Once again, he was parked across from her house. She opened the window to get a better look at him but was unable to see his face in the darkness. Her heart raced as she traced the side of her throat with the palm of her hand. Could he bite her? Maybe…just once… Nella tossed the thought from her head in time to catch herself unbuttoning her pajama top. Why was she thinking that? He couldn’t bite her. Unless he was a vampire—and those creatures didn’t exist, right?

Suddenly, a disheveled man appeared at her window. She hadn’t noticed him walk down the street; it was almost as if he’d appeared out of thin air. His eyes glowed red as he shifted from foot to foot. Spittle dripped from his fanglike teeth. Sores covered his face and neck. He was probably looking for the crack house across the street, she thought, until he spoke. “Come with me,” he hissed.

Before she could protest, he reached for her through the open window, but missed when she jumped back. In the blink of an eye, Mr. Jag had rushed across the street and had the man by his throat. He looked up at her, but she still couldn’t make out his features in the dim light. Only his eyes, which glowed a beautiful shade of red. She blinked. Red eyes?

“You all right, ma?”
Nella nodded, unable to say more. She started to turn from the window as his nails dug into her failed kidnapper’s throat, but something stopped her. When she turned back around, she realized the something was him. She wanted to go with him, wherever their destination might be. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a card and slid it across the windowsill. “Can you meet me here tonight?”

Without looking at it, Nella scooped up the card and shoved it into the pocket of her pajama top before closing the window. Her legs wobbled as she flopped back onto the mattress and pulled out the black business card. A picture of a crown was printed in the center, the letters “Club Reign” surrounding it in purple font. She pressed the card to her chest as if it were the most precious gift she’d ever received and pinched her cheek. Maybe she really was dreaming.

<CENTER>***</CENTER>Idris Eyad stepped from the backseat of his car in time to watch his protégé Lazarus rip out the throat of the lower-level vampire, some idiot named Ricochet, and sighed. This transition wouldn’t go as smoothly as he had hoped. This was exactly why he needed to get to the girl before some idiot did. He patted Lazarus on his back before they climbed back into the Jaguar.

“And so it begins,” he said before taking a healthy swig of blood from his flask.

Nocturne may be purchased here : https://beautifultroublepublishing.com/xcart/Nocturne-EBOOK.html

Thank you!
R.W. Shannon