PDA

View Full Version : Done with my Shrug!

Karenne
July 14th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Okay...I am done with my Shrug! Yes...my first complete knitting project!

I was inspired (bowing to Claire) I used one of the patterns you recommended and besides being confused on the pattern wordage ...I liked the pattern and consider it a good one. Here are my pictures:

http://www.coffeetimeromance.com//images/IMG_0221.JPG

And here you can see the ruffle around the neck line (will be in the back of the person wearing it) and the bottom ruffle that will appear about midback of the person wearing it.

http://www.coffeetimeromance.com//images/IMG_0222.JPG

I am so proud of this one..not only because it is my first knitting project...but that I got it done in time to give my daughter for her birthday! :wub:

Krista
July 14th, 2007, 09:47 PM
That is so cool! Congrats! My mom has made a ton of stuff for my son. I just can't seem to sit still long enough to do anything. :)

Karenne
July 14th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Thank you Krista!

Your mom is probably very talented! I wish I could come to her house and sit for a while. :flowers:

simplypaige
July 14th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Karenne,

It looks great. Well done. Awesome job.

Karenne
July 14th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Thanks Paige!

But I have seen some of your scrapbooking pages.....AWESOME!!!:flowers::wub:

jennzilla
July 14th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Cool Karenne! My mother used to macrame (spelling?) and made some thing called an afghan (spelling?) I read Claire's book and she made it sound so cool. I wish I could knit.

Lainey
July 14th, 2007, 11:15 PM
THAT IS GREAT I can imagine one of my nieces wearing one of those of course depending on which one if could be goth black or black and crimson to pink/purple or anything else in between for colors... all the girls are different... but yeppers I like it so CONGRATS KARENNE.. now watch out people you will now receive one for presents so tell Karenne what colors you like or prefer to wear *smiles*

Lainey

Dani
July 14th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Karenne, that's beautiful! Congrats on finishing your first project. :clap: I think your daughter is going to love it. :biggrin:

Karenne
July 14th, 2007, 11:16 PM
grin....oh yeah! Christmas...look out.

Claire is actually the one who told me about the pattern and 'convinced' me that I could do it! So excited!

Karenne
July 14th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Karenne, that's beautiful! Congrats on finishing your first project. :clap: I think your daughter is going to love it. :biggrin:

I hope so! But you know..going to be 13..you just never know! Sheesh! I understand how men feel with full grown woman now..because I have a 13 year old girl....(beats head on desk) I just don't get it!!!:confused:

Dani
July 14th, 2007, 11:26 PM
Don't beat your head that way, you'll give yourself a headache! I still think she'll like it. I understand what you're going through because I'm dealing with an almost 12 yr old boy who acts like he 8 some days (but because of his disorder it's understandable). He'll be happy (and warm) when I finish his blanket though. It's just those colors...LOL...some days they are just too much on the eyes.

Karenne
July 14th, 2007, 11:55 PM
clears throat..you know the best form of birth control right (looks around so no one hears)

TEENAGERS!:angry:

Dani
July 14th, 2007, 11:58 PM
You're right, but if I found the right man I just might be persuaded to do it again...but that's a BIG might!

Karenne
July 15th, 2007, 12:49 AM
Better you than me honey!

Tell you what...I will knit you a new blanket! ROFL

Dani
July 15th, 2007, 12:57 AM
It hasn't happened yet...LMAO! OMG, I'm so far from that it's not even funny! When I have a candidate I'll let you know. :lol:

Liadan
July 15th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Oh Karenne, that is lovely. I'm sure your daughter can be persuaded to wear it. Just buy her an outfit that matches the shrug.

But honestly, I do love it. I don't even have time to do cross-stitch anymore and that is something that I love to do.

loridbingley
July 15th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Great job, Karenne! The most I ever knitted was a blanket for my Barbie horse when I was little.

I hope your daughter loves it!

Lori

Karenne
July 15th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Thank you!:notworthy: