PDA

View Full Version : Summer 07

denisepatrick
July 15th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Well, this has been one busy summer so far and it's not over. I feel like I've been traveling since the middle of June and it's now the middle of July. I was supposed to be done by now, but now dh wants to go and visit MIL. I love my MIL, but I thought by now I'd be done traveling and able to get back to writing.:arghhhh:

So, I'm back from South Dakota, but am looking at only being around for a week, then packing up and heading for Michigan.:swoon:

So, If I go missing again - you'll know I'm 'on the road again'. At least this time, I'm hoping to take my laptop with me and stay in hotels with wireless. MIL doesn't have a computer, so the four or five days we'll be at her place means no online time, but maybe I can get some writing done if I don't have email and groups to distract me. :innocent:

In the meantime, I'm around for at least the next week, so I'll start some discussion in the chit-chat thread - I hope. (Catching up at work might make things difficult.)

Karenne
July 15th, 2007, 10:38 PM
(hands you coffee while you run)

Man..busy busy busy. Thank you for stopping by and letting us know. I bet you are just swamped and you came by anyway! :wub:

denisepatrick
July 16th, 2007, 12:08 PM
I am, but I don't want you to forget me - or to get out of the habit of dropping in.

I'm back at work this morning and working through the stack. Then, I've got an ongoing project to continue working on. Oh, well, life goes on and things will get done.

Hope everyone is having a great summer.

P.S. I blogged a little about my trip and will be doing more later is anyone wants to check out myblog.

Karenne
July 17th, 2007, 10:07 AM
We won't forget you Denise :wub:

We will be here when you get back..make sure you buy me something pretty!:flowers:

denisepatrick
July 27th, 2007, 09:41 PM
make sure you buy me something pretty!

How about I make you something pretty instead. I make great book covers. I'll get right to it when I get back.

Just dropped in to say I'll be away for another 10 days. Going to visit MIL and she doesn't have a computer or internet access, so I may be out of touch. It depends on what the rest of the ILs in the area have.

See you when I get back.

Karenne
July 29th, 2007, 03:18 AM
Have a great trip Denise!:innocent:

denisepatrick
August 7th, 2007, 11:21 AM
I'm back! You probably didn't miss me, but I'm here anyway. :tt2: It was a good trip, but I am glad to be home and even back to work.

In two weeks I will be a semi-empty nester as both kids will have moved into their respective dorms and starting classes. Boy am I looking forward to that. I hope it will translate into more time to write (and edit).

I did get my November release polished a little more so I can send it off to my editor this week. Other than that I did very little last week. Which means that I just have more to do this week. <sigh> It just never ends.

I hope everyone's summer is going swimmingly and you're reading lots of good books. I read a few on vacation - notably Moonlit Romance's Beach Duets. If you like quick, sweet romances that take place on the beach, these are for you. Click here (http://moonlitromance.com/) to check them out.

I also read Lynne Connolly's Vanessa - a Regency set during the Congress of Vienna in 1815 and published by Awe Struck. Click here (http://www.awe-struck.net/COVER_GENRE/regency_R.html) to find it. Another wonderful read.

And, I read Thirty Nights With A Highland Husband by Melissa Mayhue, from Pocket Books. If you like highland warriors mixed with a little faerie dust and a little time travel on the side, this one's for you. I highly recommend it.

Karenne
August 7th, 2007, 12:33 PM
I Missed you!!!!:tt1:

denisepatrick
August 7th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Oh, Karenne, I can always rely on you to lift my spirits. Tonight, I'm back to polishing and tomorrow, I'll let you know if I got it finished or not. That's my goal and I don't have much further to go. Of course, it will be easier if I get off the Internet!

Good night all.

Dani
August 7th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Welcome back Denise!

I hope you enjoy your time without your kids being home and are able to get some writing done. Not that mine is college age, but it's so nice to have time without them. At least for a little while. :)

Karenne
August 7th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Dani and I will be your personal cheerleaders.

snort..don't expect me in a short skirt..those days are Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong gone!:nah:

Dani
August 7th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Yes we will! Short skirts are gone for me too at this point, but maybe in a year or so that will change! :lol:

denisepatrick
August 8th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Alllllllllriiiiight!!! Finished and sent off. So, now I only have 999 things to do instead of a thousand.:arghhhh:

Oh, and Dani and Karenne, the only place you'll find me in a short skirt is on the tennis court and that's because I don't run well in pants or long skirts!

Thanks for the encouragement.

Dani
August 8th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Excellent news Denise! That's probably a load off you back at the moment. At least you can mark something off your list. Even if it doesn't seem like much, it is a big accomplishment.

Oh, and I don't run well in long skirts either...LOL!

denisepatrick
August 9th, 2007, 12:36 PM
:lol: Dani.

Well, today, I managed to remember to post excerpts on REO and post on my blog. Hmmm. . .wonder how long this bout of industriousness will last?

Have any of you seen the movie 300? My This Day in History question on my blog is about Thermopylae. As I was reading up on the events leading up to the battle, I was thinking that it might be neat to set a book then.

Hmmm - it could be an inspirational. Some historians say Xerxes was the King who married the Jewish girl, Esther, from the Bible. (This is a well-loved story for me as Esther is my real name.) Others say it was someone else, but it could be interesting nonetheless.

It could be a straight historical, but where's the fun in that? I'd have to tie it to some event and that would mean more research. Hmmm. . .I think I'd better stay in the Victorian and Regency periods for now. At least I sort of know what I'm doing.

Dani
August 9th, 2007, 10:16 PM
That sound great that you're getting some good work done!

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I want to. It sounds great and the idea you have for a book in that period would be cool. But if research in to it isn't on your agenda for now then it's probably best if you stay in the periods you're currently in. LOL I don't blame you for not wanting to do more research because it can get tedious sometimes.

denisepatrick
August 9th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Actually, I don't mind the research. But, when I have deadlines, the last thing I need is to get involved in research for a book I don't have time to write.:innocent:

denisepatrick
August 14th, 2007, 12:39 AM
I had the best time tonight. It was book club night and a friend suggested my book and asked me to join them for the discussion. All I can say was - it was wonderful!!

First of all, it was just neat to seat nearly 20 women who had read my book - and enjoyed it. They asked lots of questions, and discussed interesting points. I was floored. I tend to read the story - they were looking for deeper meanings and found much more than I thought I wrote in there. It was amazing.

Second, I don't consider myself a celebrity, but they treated me like one. That was a new experience in and of itself. Many of these women know me from church, so it was really an awesome experience.

I'm just so amazed by it all. And, they were all interested in my next books, so I handed out cards. Just a great evening all around.

Dani
August 14th, 2007, 09:34 PM
That is so excellent to hear Denise! Congratulations. :notworthy: And here you are a star!!! :biggrin:

denisepatrick
August 15th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Awww. :wub: Thanks, Irish.