PDA

View Full Version : Do you have an e-reader?

ChristieSilvers
June 1st, 2011, 10:58 PM
What kind do you have? Do you find that you're reading more books since getting your e-reader?

I have a Kindle that never has less than 75-100 books at any given time. I'll read 3 and then add 5 more. Laugh it Up fuzball I love having so many books on hand and the ease of finding more.

ChristieSilvers
June 2nd, 2011, 09:08 AM
I feel the same way about mine. Best thing ever! I've already gotten to the point thatI'm reading more e-books than pbooks, but still grab some at the library from time to time. I compare prices and if I can get it for free from the library then I go with that. But that doesn't prevent me from having so many e-books. LOL.

ChristieSilvers
June 2nd, 2011, 03:09 PM
The weirdest thing has happened here. There was a reply from Chris and now it's missing. Hmmm...

tweety22371
June 2nd, 2011, 05:53 PM
hmmm...maybe it didn't like my reply? lol

CopiaRomance
June 2nd, 2011, 06:49 PM
Christie, I've got a Sony Reader and an iPad. I foresee myself picking up a couple more ereaders in the next few months, but I'm blaming that on the fact that I've somehow become one of the talking heads on ebooks in libraries, and I happen to work part-time for an ebook marketplace :D I am definitely reading more books in general, but I haven't really decreased the amount of print books I'm reading. I'm just reading more in general :)

ChristieSilvers
June 2nd, 2011, 07:13 PM
So how do you like the iPad, Katie? Is it as large as people say? I can't believe I haven't seen one in person yet. LOL.

Maybe that's it, Chris. LOL! I like you though. *Smooches* BTW, which Kindle did you get? Tim's thinking about getting one & I'm looking at the $114 w/ads Kindle for him.

CopiaRomance
June 2nd, 2011, 08:07 PM
I like my iPad, but I would *highly* recommend getting a hard case for it as soon as you buy it. I've got a couple of dents in mine that I have no clue how they got there and it's really annoying as I've only had it for a month and a half. It is pretty big, so not as portable as an ereader, but considering how I use it, it's fine. I've been thinking about getting a Kindle for demo purposes with my library work, but if I go for it, I think I'd lay out the extra $25 so I wouldn't have to deal with the ads.

ChristieSilvers
June 7th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Good tip about the hard case. Sounds like they dent pretty easily. Do you use it more as a mini computer?

Oh yes, if you're getting a Kindle for demo purposes it's probably better to get the ad-free one. :)

CopiaRomance
June 8th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Yep, I definitely use it as a mini-computer :) I also like it as I can easily test out all of the various reading apps, and it's very useful for me to have for demo purposes for Copia :) For any of the reading apps, test it out with free reads if they're offered. That's one of the things I like best about Copia, we've got free books thanks to a partnership with Harlequin, so people can read books they're likely to enjoy and make sure if our reader is the right app for them.