PDA

View Full Version : This board is dedicated to ways to leave your desktop and still read ebooks!

SusanWhite
July 29th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Ok let's get this party rolling. lol I personally get tired of reading at the old desktop so I read on pdas. I found a great deal on a new pda on ebay. I have had a palm i750 a Treo 300 and a Treo 600, which I use now. I also have a REB 1150. This forum is dedicated to reading on any and all electronic devices though so if you have a question or a comment, jump right on in. I will do my best to help if you need info on this subject. So post away!

Linda L Lattimer
July 30th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Susan, I have considered getting one, but didn't know if it would really be worth the money or if I could actually see the print of the book. Even with the laptop it is hard sitting on the bed reading and I think with something smaller I would enjoy it better. Are these relatively afforable?

maura
August 3rd, 2006, 02:42 PM
Hi,

I have an Ebookwise reader and a Palm Tungsten e. Both are great to read on and have good points and not so good points. The big plus on the ebookwise is that the print can be adjusted and it holds a charge for over 12 hours. Both run under $150.00 if you shop around. The ebookwise is 126 on their site and cheaper on ebay. I got my Palm for about that on Overstocks.com, because it has a few tiny scratches on it. Great tools!!!!

Maura :o

Linda L Lattimer
August 5th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Okay this is going to be a dumb question, but do these have an outlet somewhere on them where you can plug into the laptop or computer if you wanted to print something from them? I don't know if I am asking the right thing. You know sometimes you get those little thin plug things that allow you to plug into something. Just curious...and can the font and stuff be used to increase in size?

One more question, since we are discussing electronic stuff
Does anyone know of some softwared that you can hook to the computer that is not expensive that you can speak to and it does the typing for you. You know when you hands are going out and you need an assistance type thing to do your work, when all else on your hands fail?
Thanks, Linda :)

marcysdj
August 18th, 2006, 12:17 AM
:o Can anyone help? I have an eBookwise and I love it, but lately I have not been able to add books. I have the amber comverter and Bookwise librariam. Anyone?

marcy :-[

maura
August 18th, 2006, 09:36 AM
In regards to the problem downloading books. You have to go to the ebookwise site and buy the software to download your own books or you can buy them from fictionwise. Make sure you are registered and follow the instructions to download the USB driver. If you have problems after that feel free to email me, I am on the loop. For Linda-The books that I load onto my Librarian are also on my jumpdrive or computer. I don't know if Fictionwise will send you the book you buy in two formats so that you can print them out also, but I imagine if you buy it in a printable form like Adobe or Html you should be able to access it from your bookshelf. Lately, I have so many review books to get through, I haven't had time for my TBR pile much less new ebooks. Good Luck All

Maura

maura
August 18th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Also Marcy, sometimes you have to close out the USB driver and reopen it to get the online book list. If that doesn't work, reboot. If all else fails ebookwise's help line is awesome!

Linda L Lattimer
August 22nd, 2006, 10:39 PM
Thanks so much for all the help with the readers and everything, this information has really helped

hugs Linda 8)

SusanWhite
September 18th, 2006, 12:49 AM
Thank you to Maura for helping with the questions! I need to check here more often lol. please let me know if you have any more ebook issues I can help with. For those who want to know more about different types of devices and prices check out the next thread on this board.