PDA

View Full Version : Welcome All!

Liadan
July 19th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Hi everyone! Just thought I'd tell you a bit about myself and my book.

I'm a very busy person and love to have my life filled with work. It's satisfying for me to know that I have a to do list as long as Santa's Good List.

That being said, I'll move on to my book.

At the moment, the working title is Legacy Of Our Fathers. It may end up staying, but right now I'm undecided.

Blurb:

A billing manager, Simone Carr, suspects things aren't always what they seem to be with the company she works for. Beauregard Arneaux, a childhood friend and now an undercover FBI agent, has entered her life again. But Simone doesn't know he's an agent or what his real reason for working at RusExm is about.

After her boss is murdered, they are pulled closer together by the events that unfold around them. Their lives are in danger and they just can't seem to outrun the men that are after them.

Will Beau be able to save Simone from an almost certain death? Or will he save the one true love he's missed out on all these years?

If you'd like to know more or have questions, feel free to ask.

Karenne
July 19th, 2007, 10:51 PM
waves at Liadan! Welcome to our forum family! Congratulations on your first book! How exciting for you!:flowers:

Krista
July 19th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Congrats!!! That is so awesome! I am so proud of you! I hope things go well. Did you have to do any research and what was it if any?

Jenifer
July 19th, 2007, 11:15 PM
WHOO HOO!! WTG!! What was your inspiration for the book?

Liadan
July 19th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Congrats!!! That is so awesome! I am so proud of you! I hope things go well. Did you have to do any research and what was it if any?

Thank you Krista!

The story actually came to me when I was working at a company that was web oriented. Several of the people I worked with ended up in the book, names changed to protect the innocent and all that. LOL! However, my characters of Vale and Beau actually resemble the men I based them on. So the web company wasn't too hard to research.

Now the FBI, well, I spent at least four days on the internet researching the weapons that they use and the training they go through. There is tons of information that I never knew was out there for just anyone to see. But it was very interesting. I also did some research into the Texas Rangers. That was mighty interesting as well.

Liadan
July 19th, 2007, 11:25 PM
WHOO HOO!! WTG!! What was your inspiration for the book?

Thanks Jenifer!

I worked for AutoExtra.com and the company was in the middle of being sold to another company. Everyone was pretty much unhappy about the sale and several people just up and quit one day. Like they never returned after lunch.

So I was sitting at my desk thinking, 'it's like they just disappeared'. Then I overheard two of the managers talking and they were being snarky about the whole thing and I told my friend Andrea, I could write a book and turn them into the bad guys. So that is where the inspiration came from and the outcome of my thoughts.

Liadan
July 19th, 2007, 11:27 PM
waves at Liadan! Welcome to our forum family! Congratulations on your first book! How exciting for you!:flowers:

Thank you Karenne! :notworthy: You are the bestest!

Jenifer
July 19th, 2007, 11:32 PM
that is cool, thanks for answering. I'll have to get the book :)

Liadan
July 19th, 2007, 11:34 PM
I hope you like it and I hope you'll love Beau as much as I do. He's handsome, bull-headed, just all around great guy but a real jerk at times as well.

Liadan
July 19th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Anyone interested in a pic of the person who inspired the character of Beau?

Karenne
July 19th, 2007, 11:42 PM
(jumps up and down) oh me ! me!!!

I want to see:whistling:

Liadan
July 19th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Here he is and yes, he is French as well. I just hope his pic shows up.

Linda L Lattimer
July 19th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Hello Liadan and congrats!! Your book sounds very exciting!!!

Welcome to the forum

Linda

Liadan
July 19th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Thank you Linda! I really hope it turns out as well after the edits are done. But I'm excited about it.

Dani
July 20th, 2007, 12:42 AM
Liadan, they guy you based Beau on is a cutie! *sighs* I love his eyes. Okay, so I'm an eye person, but they eyes can say so much! Your book sounds like it will be a hit.

Liadan
July 20th, 2007, 07:30 AM
Thanks!

He is a cutie isn't he? He's also a very down to earth great person, and he's intelligent. He's also about 11 years younger than me.

His eyes are very expressive. You'd have to see him in person for the full effect.

Dani
July 20th, 2007, 01:24 PM
So that makes him a baby huh? LOL I bet he's a great guy.