PDA

View Full Version : Summer Vacations

ChristieSilvers
June 11th, 2011, 03:51 PM
What's everyone planning for summer vacations this year?

Usually we go to Tybee Island & Savannah for a week or so, but with finances and gas prices and all we're just taking a few mini-trips closer to home. Next week we're taking the camper and going to Pigeon Forge, TN for 4 days. The kids always have a lot of fun.

The campground we stay at has two pools, a lazy river, and a playground. Plus we take the bikes, scooters, sidewalk chalks, bubbles, games, etc. for everyone to play with. I take my Kindle and/or current book I'm reading and just relax in a lounge chair while they play around me. ;)

While it's not the beach, it is a lot of fun and I get away from the stresses of home for a few days.

Stephanie_Haefner
June 11th, 2011, 04:17 PM
We take a yearly trip to Disney, but that's usually int he fall or winter, when it's not so hot!! (We're northerners, so we do not do well in intense heat!) We are hoping to maybe do a few days in Virginia Beach this summer. If not, Lake Erie will have to do! :)

ChristieSilvers
June 12th, 2011, 02:35 PM
That sounds nice. We've never been to Disney, but would like to. Maybe when the kids are a little older. :)

Stephanie_Haefner
June 12th, 2011, 05:01 PM
We've taken our kids to Disney at all ages and each time it's different and exciting...they're excited for different things at different ages!

ChristieSilvers
June 13th, 2011, 07:49 PM
My youngest doesn't do well with amusement parks. I don't blame her considering I despise crowds like that. We went to Six Flags last summer and I declared that we'll be waiting a couple years longer before trying that again. ;)