PDA

View Full Version : New Series?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Karenne
July 21st, 2007, 08:17 PM
Keri, I saw that you said there is going to be a new series coming out next year..starting with Destiny Kills?

Is this going to be an off shoot of the Riley series? Or a new series all together?

KeriArthur
July 21st, 2007, 08:40 PM
It's a brand new series, and not set in Riley's world at all--it's not even set in Australia. (the first one is set in America and Scotland)

I'm calling this series my 'women of myth and magic' series, because it features 'other' creatures. Dragons, sea dragons, gargoyles, a phoenix, a will-of-the-wisp, etc. It's a fantasy romance series rather than dark urban fantasy, too, so each book will have a definite end (plot wise and romance wise)

There's actually a teaser in the back of Embraced by Darkness, but here's the first few pages so you can get a feel for it :)

Some things I remembered.

Some things I couldn’t.

Like who I was.

Or how come I was sitting naked on a beach next to a dead man.

And yet I knew why I was here. I was waiting for the dawn to give him a final kiss goodbye before she guided his soul onto its next life.

The breezed that curled around me was cold, as cold as the sand was harsh. And yet these sensations were a fleeting thing. Goosebumps might tremble across my skin, and sand might grate against my buttocks and thighs, but both failed to register on anything more than a flesh level. I felt no cold, no pain, no sorrow.

Nothing.

It’s as if I was dead inside. As dead as the man laying beside me. Yet, for some reason, I was still breathing and he wasn’t.

Why?

That was a question that haunted me, teasing the frozen edges of my thoughts and memories.

Why him and not me?

I didn’t know, I just didn’t know, and yet I knew it was a question that was important. I knew my life might well depend on the answer.

I drew my knees close to my chest and studied the distant horizon. Though dawn was yet to stain night’s cover, it was coming. Already its warm power vibrated across the air, an eager humming that was both familiar and alien. I didn’t understand the sensation, didn’t know the reason behind it, and yet the mere fact I could feel it had relief sweeping through me.

It was frustrating, this not knowing. Not remembering.

I let my gaze move across the ocean, watching the waves roll lazily towards the sand, seeing nothing out there in the vast expanse of white-capped blueness. No ship. No boat. No pursuit.

But I didn’t bother questioning why I was expecting any of those things because the past remained locked under a blanket that was almost absolute.

Almost.

I rubbed a hand across eyes that felt like they’d cried a thousand tears, then glanced down at the body of my friend. I might not remember my own name, but I knew his. Egan Jamieson. Not only my friend, but also my guardian, my lover, and a man to whom I owed a debt more important than life itself.

He’d saved me.

He’d given me freedom at the cost of his own.

The need for revenge welled deep and fast and furious, until I was all but shaking with it. They would pay for this. Whoever they were, they would pay.

For Egan.

For all of us.

And it was a vow that was useless unless I could damn well remember who, exactly, I needed to take revenge upon.

I grimaced and returned my gaze to Egan. In the fading moonlight, his skin seemed to glow with a rich warmth, as if the sun itself still burned beneath his flesh. A birthmark marred his back, a snake-like stain that seemed to dive into his skin and out again, until it almost seemed coiled around his spine. In the night, it took on a reddish-gold appearance and contained a sheen oddly reminiscent of scales.

I shifted, and ran a gentle finger down the mark. It was cool and leathery compared to his skin, as if it were indeed scales. Mine was all blues and greens and silvers, as if the brightness of a sun-lit sea danced upon the surface of my skin. An inheritance from my mother, not my father.

I blinked at the thought, then grabbed it hard and tried to follow it back. But the fog of forgetfulness snapped in place, and all that was left was questions.

Yet more fucking questions.

I blew out a breath, then stretched out my left leg as the throb of pain finally began to impinge on my senses. There were scrapes across my kneecaps, and deeper cuts down my shins, accompanied by darkening patches that indicated bruising. But none of the wounds were currently bleeding, and there was no blood dried against my skin.

I glanced at the sea. No footprints marred the pristine sands. Not for as far as I could see. Nor were there any vehicle tracks of any kind. Though I guess with the tide coming in, none of that was really surprising.

But still, I had a feeling we’d come from the sea, that my skin bore no stain of blood because it had long since been washed away. That the wounds themselves were clean and healing rather than festering because of the salt water.

I let my gaze follow the gentle curve of the beach until it reached the distance point. No lighthouse, no buildings of any kind, no indication of movement or life. Nothing to say where we were.

Maybe we were both dead. Maybe this was nothing more than the dream of waiting that came before the soul moved on to the next life.

I glanced down at Egan. I knew if I rolled him off his stomach, I’d see the bloody stain in the sand. See what remained of his chest after those bastards had shot him.

I closed my eyes and pushed the resulting images away. There were some things I didn’t want to remember, and the way he’d struggled to survive and remain free was one of them.

And yet, while he might have fought them to the very end, he’d done it for my sake. He’d once said that for all intents and purposes, he was a dead man, so why did anything matter? I didn’t understand it at the time he’d said it, and now I never would get the chance to do so.

The hum in the air intensified. Energy danced across my skin, a crazy tingling that warmed the chill from my soul. I studied the horizon, waiting, as the hum of power reached a crescendo and slivers of red and gold suddenly broke across the sky. Warmth began to flood through my body, as if the rising of the dawn was also a rebirth of my emotional and sensory centers. A stupid thought, really, when I was just at home in deep dark waters that had never seen the sun, never known warmth...

God, it was so damn frustrating getting little snippets and hints here and there, but never any real, definitive answers or memories.

I drew my knees close again, ignoring the slivers of pain and the blood that began to trickle down one leg, watching as the sunlight spread, smothering the stars and warming the night from the sky.

Watching as the growing light gradually flushed across Egan’s unmoving body.

The warmth still radiating under his skin seemed to stir as the daylight caressed him, growing brighter as the day did, until the intensity made my eyes water and forced me to look away.

Still the heat and the brightness grew, until my own skin glowed under its radiance. But flesh was not designed to contain such heated iridescence for long, especially when that skin no longer belonged to a living, breathing soul. As the light broke free, reaching skyward with exuberant fingers, tears began to trickle down my cheeks.

“May the Gods of sun and sky and air guide you on your journey, my friend,” I whispered, my voice croaky, hinting at long disuse. “And may you find in the next life what you could not in this.”

Then the radiance caressing my skin began to die, taking with it the underlying hum of energy. Day had broken. It was only those in-between times--first light or twilight--that held the great moments of power.

There was nothing left of Egan. Nothing except the stain of blood on the sand and an odd glint of silver. His ring.

I reached out and carefully plucked it free from its resting place. In the growing sunlight, the rubies glinting in the coiled serpent’s eyes glowed like fire. It had always sent a shiver down my spine, this ring, despite the obvious workmanship and beauty.

When I’d asked him about it, Egan’s golden eyes had grown somber. “It belongs to a man who once took something very precious from me,” he’d said, and in his normally calm tones there’d been an undercurrent that was an odd mix of anger and heartache. “So I took something very precious from him.” And then he’d given me a cold, hard smile, and added, “But I will return it. When the time is right.”

I closed my fingers around the serpent, pressing the cold metal into my palm. I might not be able to do anything else for Egan, but I could do this. Find the ring’s owner and return it. And perhaps along the way, discover its history and the reasons why Egan had murder on his mind.

Karenne
July 21st, 2007, 09:16 PM
oh that sounds wonderful! I can't wait. And you said that this will be out in the spring of next year?

Will it be released in hard back, paperback, ebook?

Yes...I am bouncing up and down in my seat because I am so excited!:swoon:

KeriArthur
July 21st, 2007, 09:43 PM
If I can get the edits completed (and if they like this round of edits), the book will come out in Feb 08. If there's another delay because of edits, it may come out a little later.

As far as I know, it's coming out in paperback. (that's what it says on amazon, anyway, and I haven't been told anything different--though it did say in the Embraced ARC that it was coming in hardcover. So, maybe they haven't decided just yet)

Karenne
July 21st, 2007, 09:50 PM
Well that is to exciting! I can't wait. Thanks for letting us know!:notworthy:

Dani
July 21st, 2007, 11:07 PM
:whoohoo: This sounds so exciting! I can't wait to have it in my fat, little fingers...LOL! I am so looking forward to reading these books. :biggrin: Where do you come up with your ideas for books? I love them all (all the ones I've read so far that is). :wub:

DavidsGirl841444
July 21st, 2007, 11:26 PM
I bow down at the queen and her marvolous words and great works. I must read it.

KeriArthur
July 22nd, 2007, 05:39 PM
:biggrin: Where do you come up with your ideas for books? I love them all (all the ones I've read so far that is). :wub:

I have a very weird imagination....:lol:

but the idea for destiny actually came originally from watching the bourne identity. You know, where he wakes up the boat not knowing who or what he is? I started thinking what if, and it grew from there. Throw in a murder, some dragons, a few mad scientists, and away we went :turned:

Dani
July 22nd, 2007, 10:38 PM
Very, very cool! You are da Queen! :notworthy: I think your imagination isn't weird, it's perfect!

Karenne
July 22nd, 2007, 10:58 PM
Another reason to love the movie Bourne Identity. I love those movies. They are great.

I am really REALLY glad that it helped you come up with another great series. I can't wait Keri!

(thinking of sending you DVDs for Christmas so that you come up with more ideas):whistling:

DavidsGirl841444
July 23rd, 2007, 11:08 AM
Yeah but which dvds Karenne?

Karenne
July 23rd, 2007, 11:45 AM
hmm....good question....Underworld? Shooter?

oh oh Chronicles of Riddick

DavidsGirl841444
July 23rd, 2007, 06:12 PM
Oh I loved Chronicles of Riddick he was really hot in there.

KeriArthur
July 24th, 2007, 12:46 AM
I loved shooter. But then, I'm rather partial to Mark Wahlberg :tt1:

mskendra
July 24th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Both are yummy!!!!!!

phoenyxstarr
July 24th, 2007, 10:31 AM
I'm partial to Underworld... but then again, I love everything that is werewolf related, so that's to be expected. But I don't think that would give Keri many new ideas, now would it? She's already got a half-vamp, half-wolf character.

I'm still waiting on the library to get some of your books in Keri, I put in a request for them... But they are slower than molasses in January.

Karenne
July 24th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Good Point! I will have to think about this then...sigh...thinking..YUCK

ROFL

DavidsGirl841444
July 24th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Is it the thinking that you think is yuck or what? And Mark Wahlberg is yummy.

Karenne
July 24th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Nope..it is thinking...thinking is YUCK...snicker:whistling:

CharmedGirl
July 24th, 2007, 06:22 PM
:whoohoo: This series sounds very exciting.

I loved both Underworld movies and Shooter with Mark Wahlberg was awesome. :)

Dani
July 24th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Woo Hoo I heard my favorite movies mentioned. Both Underworld movies are excellent. Scott Speedman (Michael) is soooo HOT and Michael Sheen (Lucian) is even HOTTER (at least to me his is)!! :wub: I love the Chronicals of Riddick and the first movie Pitch Black was awsome too. Vin Diesel is one hell of a man. *sitting and fanning myself*

Mark Whalberg is good looking too, but I like his brother Donnie better. He's in the Saw movies and man are those freaky, but good. I still find myself closing my eyes and pluging my ears during some scenes. I feel like a little kid then. :lol:

mskendra
July 24th, 2007, 11:22 PM
Like all of those movies, but I also liked John Carpenter's Vampires with James Woods. The plot was ruff, but it was a fun ride. James Woods was a compete smart a**. I loved it.

Has anyone seen Hanibal Rising and what to talk about it? The fact I wanted Hannibal to succed in his goal really scared me. LOL

Dani
July 24th, 2007, 11:39 PM
I saw the second one with Jon Bon Jovi in it and it was pretty good. Not to mention that Jon looked pretty sweet in it. :hellobaby:

Right now I'm watching Maximum Overdrive by Stephen King. It's the first movie by him that I ever watch and liked. The soundtrack to it was the best, but that's because I like AC/DC.

DavidsGirl841444
July 25th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Whats Maximum Overdrive about nevr seen it. But got to give it up to John Carpenters Vampire movie was hot.

christinac
July 25th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Keri, it's gonna be a great book can't wait to get my hands on it!
I love all the movies ya'll just described. Awesome!
I haven't heard of Maximum Overdrive either, but maybe I'll find it and watch it!

Dani
July 25th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Maximum Overdrave is a movie by Stephen King. In it there is a comet that is passing over earth and makes the machinery come alive. They attack anything alive. When you get to the scene with the kids at the ball park and you see the steam roller, you might not want to watch (if your squemish, that is). I still close my eyes on that part. Yuck! It's still a good movie though and Emilio Estevez is in it too! :biggrin:

Illyria
July 26th, 2007, 12:25 PM
WOW!! I so look forward to reading your new series!! :notworthy:

DavidsGirl841444
July 26th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Ok now that movie sounds intresting. Thanks Wolfy.

Dani
July 26th, 2007, 03:37 PM
You're welcome!! :lol:

christinac
July 27th, 2007, 08:27 AM
You're welcome!! :lol:

yeah, thanks I'm going to have to check it out

DavidsGirl841444
July 27th, 2007, 10:42 PM
Luck with me tonight they are showing it on tv yeah so going to see what we have.

Dani
July 27th, 2007, 11:43 PM
If it's not on one of the movie channels (ie: HBO, Cinamax, etc) they won't show the real yucky parts, but you'll still get the gist of the movie.

DavidsGirl841444
July 29th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Saw the movie it was awesome. A little gory and like a b movie sort of. But other then that it was cool.

Dani
July 29th, 2007, 01:50 PM
I ended up rewatching it too that very same night. I told you it had some yucky parts. I love the truck with the joker face. It was cool!

DavidsGirl841444
July 30th, 2007, 03:20 PM
I think you mean the green goblin cause the jopker is more white and a red lips, while the green goblin is all around green with purple hat. Sorry that is my brother coming out in me he talks so much comic book it's annoying sometimes not that I don't like a good comic or two. Batman rules!

Dani
July 30th, 2007, 05:57 PM
I know who the Joker and the Green Goblin are. I'm a fan of the comics that they made into cartoons in the late 70's and early 80's (I was a little kid then remember...LOL). It does look like the Green Goblin now that you mention it, but I wasn't thinking like that when I wrote the post. There are joker faces that look like that too, but maybe not that color. :lol:

CharmedGirl
July 31st, 2007, 05:46 AM
Aren't most men into comic books?

My male friends all have comic books and the only ones that seem to interest me are the X-Men. :swoon:

Dani
July 31st, 2007, 09:06 AM
LOL@CharmedGirl (LOL@CharmedGirl)! Yes, some men are only into comics. It can get annoying at times, or so I'm told. I've not dated anyone who liked comic books I've only had friends into them.

DavidsGirl841444
July 31st, 2007, 08:59 PM
Believe sometimes it is very annoying cause they talk alot about it. And you are like talk about something else. So yeah, but sometimes its cute so either way could be bad or good.

CharmedGirl
August 8th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Lying in bed you definitely want to talk about something other than comic books :lol: !

Kick the man out of bed and find a new one if all he wants to do is talk about comic books. There are lot of better things to do :notworthy: !

Dani
August 8th, 2007, 07:36 PM
A girl after my own heart!!

I couldn't have said that better myself.

CharmedGirl
August 8th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Got to keep the laughs going here. I can't let anyone down!

christinac
August 9th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Ya'll are so funny
:lol:
What would I do without you guys.

DavidsGirl841444
August 9th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Be bored and staring at not intresting people instead, or better yet not have steamy conversations about the book world.

christinac
August 9th, 2007, 01:46 PM
You got that right. I have so much fun when I come on here and talk!!!

Dani
August 9th, 2007, 09:13 PM
I'm so glad you like to come here to join in the insanity! You help make it so fun!! :biggrin:

christinac
August 10th, 2007, 08:12 AM
You are the best, Dani!!!
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

NessyPerth
August 10th, 2007, 12:47 PM
it's usually my sister that i talk to books about but she just had a baby and hasn't read this series yet so it was totally driving me nuts not having anyone to talk to it about. Thank got i found you gals otherwise i might have exploded. These books will officially take an honorary position on the bookshelf.

September 08 is sooooo far away

Dani
August 11th, 2007, 12:20 AM
I'm so glad that we could help you Nessy! You're great fun.

NessyPerth
August 11th, 2007, 08:09 AM
awww shucks, thanks IrishWolf :o)

DavidsGirl841444
August 11th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Please without you all my insanity level would have spiked so long ago. Andyeah it is a long long long time coming for the next books. Waaaa!

Dani
August 11th, 2007, 03:14 PM
You're welcome Nessy!

DavidsGirl, you know that all our insanity levels would be throught the roof by now if it wasn't for us coming here and chatting. ;)

Karenne
August 11th, 2007, 05:04 PM
That is so true. This is my refuge. I love coming here.

ya'll are the da bestest!:yes:

NessyPerth
August 11th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Yes you are all very cool. I luv how looney we all are and i am here to stay :o)

Dani
August 11th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Yay!!!! :clap: We've recuted another one for the funny farm!!! Yippie!!! :roflmao:

NessyPerth
August 11th, 2007, 11:53 PM
so when do we get our funny farm member badges? LMAO

Dani
August 11th, 2007, 11:58 PM
Hmmm, Karenne and I will have to make one up and get back to you on that. I also have to count the people that have posted here to get a correct count for the badges. LMAO!!

NessyPerth
August 12th, 2007, 12:06 AM
woooohoooo LMAO i see you have got another award there 1000 posts. Congratulations whens the online party? someone can supply the coffee, i will bring the whiskey and we can have Irish coffee :o)

Dani
August 12th, 2007, 12:15 AM
Thanks! We'll have to get everyone together and I can bring the coffee. :lol:

NessyPerth
August 12th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Sounds good but im about to go out with my brother on his boat. The area we are going is just down the road and that area was closed off to swimmers last week because of a huge great white was spotted. *GULP* so if you dont hear from me in the next 12 hours you all had better have an online memorial for me *Grins*

(the movie Jaws has a lot to answer for)

Dani
August 12th, 2007, 12:28 AM
Oh hell, and I just watched Jaws III today. Good luck to you hon! I have a pic of a great white jumping for a rescue helocopter that I'd put up, but I think it might freak you out, but is so cool.

Oh, and I have been watching Shark Week on the Discovery channel. WOW!!! They are beautiful, but scary.

NessyPerth
August 12th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Well im still here, not shark bait YAY. was lucky enough to play with a very frisky dolphin though. Hey there's an idea for keri - a dolphin shifter :o) how cute

DavidsGirl841444
August 12th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Ok I don't know about the dolphin shifter thening, even though its a good idea. Just weird I don't think she'll end up in the water alot. But yeah you safe and back. Good no sharky not eat you.

Dani
August 13th, 2007, 01:48 AM
Great to see you back without a bite taken out of you!! LOL I like the dolphin shifter idea. That's cool! Maybe I'll post that pic now that you're back.

christinac
August 13th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Don't forget a badge for me!!! LOL
Nessy, I'm glad that you made it home in one piece.
I think sharks are interesting but I don't think I could handle one if I came face to face.

NessyPerth
August 13th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Yeah you can post that pic now dani i wont have a panic attack i promise LOL to be truthful sharks dont bother me too much (i'd probably need a new bathing suit if i came across a greatwhite though)
Spiders are another story though and my only pants wetting fear LOL

DavidsGirl841444
August 13th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Oh believe me spiders are greatly to fear. Great White also a scary thing especially since I can't swim. Oh anothe thing scary is Keri's books never coming out at all.

christinac
August 13th, 2007, 11:45 AM
I think that spiders are the only things that really bother me I mean I will freak out (literally) if one gets on me!
Nessy, we have some things in common.

christinac
August 13th, 2007, 11:46 AM
OMG DavidsGirl don't say something like that!!
That would be awful!!!!!!!!!

DavidsGirl841444
August 13th, 2007, 12:06 PM
But so true if it did happen scary as hell.

christinac
August 13th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Yeah that would be awful no more speaking of it the books will continue.

KeriArthur
August 13th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Well im still here, not shark bait YAY. was lucky enough to play with a very frisky dolphin though. Hey there's an idea for keri - a dolphin shifter :o) how cute

have you ever read anything about dolphin sexual practices? they often are not nice fish....

Dani
August 13th, 2007, 06:49 PM
I have Keri and they bite a lot! Riley might like that though...LMAO!!!! Joking!

DavidsGirl841444
August 13th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Oh my! Dolphins have sexual practices I did not know of this. Only that they may get frisky on occasion but that is it. Whoa!

NessyPerth
August 14th, 2007, 04:03 AM
Ive heard that dolphins are the only animals (besides humans) that have sex for pleasure and not only as a way to reproduce. Cant remember where or heard that from or whether it correct or not. I have spent quite a bit of time snorkeling with dolphins and they can get aggressive, mostly they keep their distance, but if they have young with them you gotta stay well away because they are very protective

NessyPerth
August 14th, 2007, 04:06 AM
I think that spiders are the only things that really bother me I mean I will freak out (literally) if one gets on me!
Nessy, we have some things in common.

we certainly do. Spiders are the one fear i have not been able to overcome. I hate it, drives me nuts. I actually moved house once because of too many spiders. How irrational is that?

KeriArthur
August 14th, 2007, 05:42 AM
we certainly do. Spiders are the one fear i have not been able to overcome. I hate it, drives me nuts. I actually moved house once because of too many spiders. How irrational is that?

lol. When we lived in sunbury, we used to get wolf spiders. They're the bigger brother of the huntsman. They were harmless, but they certainly looked impressive wandering up a wall.

NessyPerth
August 14th, 2007, 07:46 AM
impressive? impressive? terrifying, petrifying i would think.

Every january i go to barrow island to work tagging sea turtles, we walk up and down the beaches from sun down to sun up with dim red lights. I was always wondering what the hundreds of little things sparkling in the lights were (looks like specks of glass when the light hit it) Well one of the guys finally told me what it was (damn my curiosity) wolf spiders (different type than your kerry; not as big) Man i had a hard time suppressing my paranoia after that, kept imagining them crawling on me. eeeeeek

christinac
August 14th, 2007, 08:03 AM
I want to say I have heard of wolf spiders but I don't know if i have every seen one we have some down here called wood spiders that I've seen on the river and OMG they are huge and really fast freaked me out when I seen it almost jumped out the boat!!

NessyPerth
August 14th, 2007, 08:05 AM
LMAO christina, i think i would jump out of the boat but knowing my luck over here you'd jump out of the boat and into croc infested waters. Steve Irwin i am not LOL

christinac
August 14th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Yeah I didn't jump cause I started thinking about alligators and snakes so that stopped my but the spider really freaked me out. :lol:

DavidsGirl841444
August 14th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Well hell yeah I would cover myself up roll into a ball and hope none of them crawly bugs are on me. Freak me right the hell out.

christinac
August 14th, 2007, 10:32 AM
I don't mind the snakes or the alligators because they won't bother you unless you are close to the nest or whatever but that spider really freaked me out!!

DavidsGirl841444
August 14th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Well yeah they can jump and crawl and be very small while the alligators are rather big.

NessyPerth
August 14th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Funny enough i actually love snakes i think they are cool.

DavidsGirl841444
August 14th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Really I mean they don't feel yucky. They are cool and slithering. I perfer the ones without venom in them though.

NessyPerth
August 14th, 2007, 10:48 AM
yeah goes without saying. The last time i was up working on barrow island (north) there was a snake we called henry, every night when we were heading to the beach he would be in the same spot at the same time streached out across the road. The only way to move him was to tickle his tail and off he'd go. It was a stimson python so non-venomous. so cool

christinac
August 14th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Nessy, I think you are my twin, People think I'm crazy because I scared crapless of spider but don't mind to mess with snakes. What kind of work do you do?
That is pretty interesting about Henry is he still around?

NessyPerth
August 14th, 2007, 10:55 AM
im hoping he will be there again next year. I go to barrow island to tag turtles during nesting season(nov, dec, and jan but i only go in jan). they have built oil rigs up there so the purpose of our research is to see what kind of effect it has on the turtles. We tag Greens, Flatbacks, and Hawksbills. Its very cool

NessyPerth
August 14th, 2007, 10:56 AM
oh people think im crazy too cause i love snakes and am scared shitless of spiders...

christinac
August 14th, 2007, 10:59 AM
So Nessy you are a biologist of some sort or am I way off track?

NessyPerth
August 14th, 2007, 11:02 AM
way off track. i wish. Im actually studying eco-tourism. work part time as an outdoors adventure instructor, nights in a fish and chip shop (the irony) and i only work one month a year on barrow island tagging turtles becuase it's voluntary work and cant afford to work for three months for free, but i love doing it and i feel as if i am doing something worthwhile and it's very interesting

christinac
August 14th, 2007, 11:17 AM
That's very cool that would be something awesome I would love to do!!

NessyPerth
August 14th, 2007, 11:23 AM
it is fun but also hard and tiring work.

christinac
August 14th, 2007, 11:25 AM
that's neat I wish I had the money to go off and do stuff like that to check out the great barrier reef and neat things like that! It may just be me but I think those kind of things are neat!!

NessyPerth
August 14th, 2007, 11:34 AM
i've never been to the great barrier reef but i have heard there is a lot of damage been done to it. We have a reef here in the west called ningaloo reef. It's absolutely awesome, you can actually swim to it from shore which is so cool. Listen to me trying to brain wash you into coming to the west coast instead of the east coast. shame on me LOL

christinac
August 14th, 2007, 11:37 AM
I don't know the west coast is sounding better and better! and plus it would probably be closer for me :lol:

NessyPerth
August 14th, 2007, 11:46 AM
WA is a massive state, so much to see and do here for those who love natural assets

NessyPerth
August 14th, 2007, 11:49 AM
ahh it's time for me to get some zzzz's before i start nodding off and headbutting my screen

christinac
August 14th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Well, have a good night's rest!!
Talk at ya tomorrow!

Dani
August 14th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Ive heard that dolphins are the only animals (besides humans) that have sex for pleasure and not only as a way to reproduce. Cant remember where or heard that from or whether it correct or not. I have spent quite a bit of time snorkeling with dolphins and they can get aggressive, mostly they keep their distance, but if they have young with them you gotta stay well away because they are very protective
You are very correct Nessy! I read it on the blog two authors that I read. They thought it was funny to know and wondered how they know this and what made them start doing the reasearch on it. :lol:

Oh, and btw ladies, I hate spiders and roaches, but I love snakes and used to own a couple. They were awsome to watch, especially my garter snake. He ate fish because he was from the water variety of that family and to watch him eat was a riot. LOL

KeriArthur
August 14th, 2007, 06:00 PM
I was always wondering what the hundreds of little things sparkling in the lights were (looks like specks of glass when the light hit it) Well one of the guys finally told me what it was (damn my curiosity) wolf spiders (different type than your kerry; not as big) Man i had a hard time suppressing my paranoia after that, kept imagining them crawling on me. eeeeeek

if you're afraid of spiders, that would have been horrid! Nightmares for weeks, I'd imagine.
:arghhhh:

CharmedGirl
August 14th, 2007, 07:15 PM
I'm afraid of mice. They freak me out especially because we live on a property and they sometimes get into the house.

My brother had one crawl on his face once (LOL)! If that happened to me I'd be having nightmares for weeks.

Dani
August 14th, 2007, 08:48 PM
I actually like mice too. I must be crazy because I don't have a lot that bothers me except spiders and roaches.

NessyPerth
August 14th, 2007, 10:06 PM
You are very correct Nessy! I read it on the blog two authors that I read. They thought it was funny to know and wondered how they know this and what made them start doing the reasearch on it. :lol:

Oh, and btw ladies, I hate spiders and roaches, but I love snakes and used to own a couple. They were awsome to watch, especially my garter snake. He ate fish because he was from the water variety of that family and to watch him eat was a riot. LOL
yay you love snakes and hate spiders too thats so cool. I'm liking you more and more every day :o)

NessyPerth
August 14th, 2007, 10:07 PM
I actually like mice too. I must be crazy because I don't have a lot that bothers me except spiders and roaches.
i like mice to, i used to have a european hooded rat. When i bought it i was told it was a male, then a week later they were like 12. Not a male after all LOL

DavidsGirl841444
August 14th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Me to I hate roaches they suck but mice are ok they are so sweet and cuddly. I mean the small white ones. Yeah some snakes are cute the small non lethal ones.

christinac
August 15th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Yep ladies, I think we are all unique!! :)

DavidsGirl841444
August 15th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Thank you chrisitnc thats actually sweet.

Dani
August 15th, 2007, 04:30 PM
We are unique and awsome too!! :biggrin:

DavidsGirl841444
August 15th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Yes you are Irish you are truly unique and funny. As well as the rest of the dudes, special as well

Dani
August 15th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Thanks honey!!! :biggrin:

christinac
August 16th, 2007, 07:20 AM
I got a question Dani. How come you have an award for 500 posts that shows on your id but DavidsGirl has over 500 and their is nothing on hers?
Just curious :)

NessyPerth
August 16th, 2007, 08:56 AM
oh oh i have a question too dani. Everytime someone writes in one of the threads i subscribed to i get an email. Is there anyway to turn this off cause sometimes i have like 30 emails and it's driving me nuts

christinac
August 16th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Nessy I think I can answer this one... :)
Go to your Edit Options
Go to Default Thread Subscriptions Mode
Then you have a choice of changing it to:
Do not subscribe
No e-mail notification
Daily e-mail notification
Weekly e-mail notification

Hope this helps

DavidsGirl841444
August 16th, 2007, 09:47 AM
You to nessyperth, mine to. I get as many emails as ther eis post. Kind of annoying sometimes.

DavidsGirl841444
August 16th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Thanks christinac.

christinac
August 16th, 2007, 10:16 AM
You're very welcome what are friends for :)

DavidsGirl841444
August 16th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Well to mooch off of, to get the down and dirty truth when everyone else won't tell it to you. To smack you on the head when your being doggy like, and to help you online like you did.=)

NessyPerth
August 16th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Nessy I think I can answer this one... :)
Go to your Edit Options
Go to Default Thread Subscriptions Mode
Then you have a choice of changing it to:
Do not subscribe
No e-mail notification
Daily e-mail notification
Weekly e-mail notification

Hope this helps
thanks christina. I have the 'no email notification' chosen but i'm still getting emails. should i change it to do not subscribe?

Dani
August 16th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Nessy, you can also change it to no email notification when you go to post in the thread, so that you don't get them. I'll tell you how in a minute in a new thread so that everyone can get the information. The emails will stop, don't worry.

Christina, Karenne gives out the awards for that at the end of the month. I was wanting to keep it a suprize for Maria, but since you asked I figured I needed to explain because others were probably wondering the same thing. Don't feel bad that you had me tell because I was expecting to have someone ask sometime. BTW, I didn't get the first award until July 31st and I was well over 500 posts by then...LOL. She gave me the other award early because I have been helping her so much lately, otherwise I'd have gotten the award for 1,000 posts at the end of the month too.

I hope that answers your questions.

Addition: I made a new thread in the Lobby Section here in Keri's forum called Information About Posting. It should tell y'all everything ya need to know about the basics.

christinac
August 17th, 2007, 07:49 AM
Thanks, Dani! :)
:sorry: DavidsGirl for ruining the suprise!!
I'll find a way to make it up to you!

Dani
August 17th, 2007, 11:53 AM
It's no big Christina, really. :lol: I was asked before this, but it was in a private message. And the person that asked and I have decided that we are just gonna have a party online when it happens. LMAO!! This prepairs everyone for it now. :biggrin:

christinac
August 17th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Okay, as long as I didn't spoil anybodies suprises! :)

Dani
August 17th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Like I said before, it's all good. Don't worry about it. :biggrin:

Hey look at your numbers. If you keep posting at least twice a day or so you'll have an award by the end of the month too. We'll have an even bigger party then.:whoohoo:

christinac
August 17th, 2007, 02:27 PM
OK, I'll do my very best!!!:biggrin:

DavidsGirl841444
August 17th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Thats ok I am still suprised and a little confused at to what award your talking about? So maybe it is still a good thing me not understanding. Its all good and I would use any excuse to party with you all.

NessyPerth
August 17th, 2007, 11:12 PM
cool party at the end of the month cant wait. I will bring those party hats that everyone hates to wear LOL.

Oh and thanks for the 'information about posting' thread dani i will check that out in a min. I have another question though (im hearing the groans LOL) August is keri arthurs month here at CTR so does that mean that next month keri wont be chatting with us any more? *sniffle, sniffle*

Dani
August 18th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Oh no honey, Keri will still be here, but she won't be the feature author in the Reader's Retreat anymore. August is her month because of her book being released (I do believe). We can still post there and she probably will too, but come September there will be another author in the spotlight. :biggrin:

NessyPerth
August 18th, 2007, 12:21 AM
oooo whew, i was gettin worried. so i wonder who next months author will be? *whispers* keri will always be our feature author *wink*

DavidsGirl841444
August 19th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Right on Nessy so true!

NessyPerth
August 20th, 2007, 06:43 AM
Join in the happy dance DavidsGirl. wooohooo
Hey doing alot of dancing in these threads. Who needs a gym! LOL

DavidsGirl841444
August 20th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Yeah I wouldn't mind a rave party never been to one. And the one's I wantd to go to always got shut down by cops before got there. But yeha joining in the dance.

christinac
August 20th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Heck yeah we don't need a gym! :lol:

Dani
August 20th, 2007, 06:40 PM
We don't need a gym at all. We dance enough here to make up for an hour at the gym.

NessyPerth
August 20th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Yeah I wouldn't mind a rave party never been to one. And the one's I wantd to go to always got shut down by cops before got there. But yeha joining in the dance.
dont bother if it's like the rave parties here the only people who go to it are so high on drugs they make lindsay lohan look like an angel

CharmedGirl
August 20th, 2007, 08:52 PM
dont bother if it's like the rave parties here the only people who go to it are so high on drugs they make lindsay lohan look like an angel

Rave parties here in Queensland don't sound quite that bad but we do have them! I would never go to an underground rave party though...way too icky :ph34r:

Dani
August 21st, 2007, 01:32 AM
Most of them are. There are too many drugs and way too much of a chance for rape and death.

CharmedGirl
August 21st, 2007, 01:34 AM
Too easy to have drugs slipped into your drinks.

Dani
August 21st, 2007, 01:47 AM
You got it!! Dangerous to be involved in.

DavidsGirl841444
August 21st, 2007, 10:26 AM
Yeah but from those that have gone here its a hoot. I know peer pressure I am such a softy.

Dani
August 21st, 2007, 11:56 AM
If you go DavidsGirl, you need to be careful. The ones they have here are bad from what I've heard and too much of the stuff I've said before has happened. Don't let peer pressure get you in trouble...Okay? Think for yourself when things like this come up.

christinac
August 21st, 2007, 02:20 PM
Yeah what Dani said!!!

DavidsGirl841444
August 21st, 2007, 03:45 PM
Yeah believe me I am careful and thanks for the concern. Plus Inever go alone I go with a group of friends and we go to gether and leave together.

christinac
August 22nd, 2007, 07:31 AM
That's smart but don't split up whatsoever that's when something bad could happen. (:sorry: being to much like a mom) Just be careful you never know what is going to happen.

Dani
August 22nd, 2007, 03:00 PM
It's good advice Christina, don't be sorry at all. I give it all the time. I'm always being perental on here!:lol:

*Sarah*
August 24th, 2007, 12:17 AM
I cant wait to read it!! It sounds so great!

NessyPerth
August 24th, 2007, 02:03 AM
i know sarah me too. lets hope it comes out lots earlier or we will all be a bunch of babbling simpletons by next september :roflmao:

christinac
August 24th, 2007, 08:50 AM
You got that right Nessy

NessyPerth
August 25th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Hmmm whens the release date on keri's new series? it would be great if it's soon, another series to get hooked on:whoohoo:

Dani
August 25th, 2007, 03:59 PM
It's supposed to come out in Spring 08 (I think she said February though).

christinac
August 27th, 2007, 08:03 AM
That will be good it will give me something to read but her books are so good I get stuck in them and BAMM before you know it I'm finished with them!!

DavidsGirl841444
August 27th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Yeah because they are so god you want to be done so fast. But then come the problem that it is over. Waaa!

Dani
August 27th, 2007, 06:15 PM
I'm the same way too Christina!:biggrin:

DavidsGirl841444
August 28th, 2007, 12:51 AM
Good to know we are not alone in our weirdness.

christinac
August 28th, 2007, 09:15 AM
You got that right!!

NessyPerth
August 28th, 2007, 10:37 AM
I agree, that's why i really enjoy reading really long books sometimes because otherwise i just finish too quick.

DavidsGirl841444
August 28th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Oh finish to quick I like that sounds like an inuendo. But long big fat books are great.

Dani
August 28th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Are you insinuating that bigger books are better? I mean there are things that are better bigger, but books aren't always it. :devil: A fun short book can be better than a big long book.:roflmao:

DavidsGirl841444
August 29th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Very true that small books are just as good, but not when you are in a long ride on a train that takes four to five hours long.

CharmedGirl
September 7th, 2007, 01:43 AM
I love having longer books on plane rides especially if I'm travelling somewhere overseas. Not that I get overseas often enough...so unfair.

DavidsGirl841444
September 7th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Well true long plane rides , train rides and anything that requires long sitting positions require having a really good long book. Or a hot guy to stare at.

NessyPerth
September 7th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Really BIG one's can be so much fun...........

Sheesh i was talking about books you know:baffled:i heard what you were thinking :roflmao:

Dani
September 7th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Well Nessy, if you weren't trying to imply something we wouldn't be thinking that way...Now would we? :roflmao:

NessyPerth
September 7th, 2007, 11:25 PM
*grins* ok you got me! :roflmao:

DavidsGirl841444
September 8th, 2007, 11:16 AM
I'd think like that always do but thats what happens when you live in the gutter.

Dani
September 8th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Chica, one way or another, we're all living in the gutter! :lol:

DavidsGirl841444
September 9th, 2007, 05:11 PM
I like that we could rent well that what I do I rent out of there. No use maybe some day get up and out but doubt it.

CharmedGirl
September 12th, 2007, 03:25 AM
Well if our minds didn't live in the gutter the talk of Quinn and Kade might get a bit boring...nah I don't think talking about those two could ever get boring :lol:

Dani
September 12th, 2007, 08:58 AM
I think that talk of Quinn and Kade would still be great conversation if our minds weren't in the gutter. We're going to have to try it and see. :biggrin:

DavidsGirl841444
September 12th, 2007, 04:15 PM
No one would ever get bored talking about those two hot men. Just talking about one attribute would be enough.

CharmedGirl
September 12th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Feeling one attribute would be even better. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
September 13th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Oh girl you went there and it was good.

CharmedGirl
September 16th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Dang it would probably be more than good with one of those two hotties. LOL

NessyPerth
September 16th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Feeling one attribute would be even better. LOL
OMG hot flush :roflmao:

CharmedGirl
September 16th, 2007, 09:04 PM
OMG hot flush :roflmao:

More than a hot flash Ness. A freezing cold shower is what you definitely need if you could touch just one attribute :lol:

NessyPerth
September 16th, 2007, 09:18 PM
*gulp* I hear antarctica has nice weather this time of year! :roflmao:

CharmedGirl
September 16th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Or you could try the snow while you are rolling around with one of them. LOL

NessyPerth
September 16th, 2007, 09:23 PM
that could work too. Rolling in the surf is way over rated. So we should try snow instead Haaa HAaaaa

CharmedGirl
September 16th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Or a haystack considering Kade is a horse shifter. LOL

NessyPerth
September 16th, 2007, 09:28 PM
yeah well they always call it a roll in the hay but i've never tried that literally before LMAO

CharmedGirl
September 16th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Yeah I haven't tried it either but it would rather fun with Kade. LOL

NessyPerth
September 16th, 2007, 09:33 PM
try anything once right?

CharmedGirl
September 16th, 2007, 09:51 PM
At least once and if it's any good you have to keep trying it. LOL

NessyPerth
September 16th, 2007, 09:55 PM
yeah just to make sure right? :roflmao:

CharmedGirl
September 16th, 2007, 10:05 PM
You always have to try something at least once otherwise you'll never have any fun :lol:

Dani
September 16th, 2007, 11:37 PM
that could work too. Rolling in the surf is way over rated. So we should try snow instead Haaa HAaaaa
The only problem with that is the men are so hot that they'd melt the snow! :roflmao:

CharmedGirl
September 17th, 2007, 12:35 AM
They better not melt in the snow! The surf idea could work though Ness it would at least bring your temperature down. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
September 17th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Damn no, they could never bring the temp down while they are around me. Antartica would fall into a whole lot of water causeit would have melted. But in a good way.

CharmedGirl
September 18th, 2007, 12:21 AM
You're probably right Davidsgirl. Your temperature would remain sky high around Kade and Quinn. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
September 18th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Come on who wouldn't remain sky high without them, and it would be fun to remain up there or for them to get us up there.

Dani
September 18th, 2007, 11:23 PM
They better not melt in the snow! The surf idea could work though Ness it would at least bring your temperature down. LOL
I didn't mean that they would melt in the snow, I meant because they are so hot that they would melt the snow. :roflmao:

NessyPerth
September 19th, 2007, 06:44 AM
atleast you wouldn't get frost bite on ya arse :roflmao:

Dani
September 19th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Very true Nessy!! :lol:

DavidsGirl841444
September 19th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Ow frost bite on the ass that has to be a real bi*** to have. And suck alot.

Dani
September 19th, 2007, 07:22 PM
There are solutions for problems like that. Any hot liquid would work, but the best way to have that not happen is to keep activities like that inside a nice warm and toasty house.

NessyPerth
September 19th, 2007, 07:41 PM
but thats no fun...... variety is the spice of life :roflmao:

DavidsGirl841444
September 20th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Variety is the spice of a good sex life you mean , hehehehe!

NessyPerth
September 20th, 2007, 10:44 AM
no i didn't mean that........................much :roflmao:

Dani
September 21st, 2007, 02:03 AM
Much??? Yes you did and you know it!! :roflmao:

CharmedGirl
September 21st, 2007, 02:52 AM
I agree with you Dani. I think Ness did mean that much detail on the spice of life otherwise she wouldn't have made that comment. LOL

NessyPerth
September 21st, 2007, 10:10 AM
<------- Guilty :roflmao:

DavidsGirl841444
September 21st, 2007, 12:39 PM
Heeehehe! We are all guilty.

Dani
September 21st, 2007, 01:20 PM
So we're all guilty of that. What's new?!? :roflmao:

CharmedGirl
September 22nd, 2007, 10:00 AM
Guilty is good for your complexion :swoon: and if you never felt guilty once in your life then life would be totally boring and boring is something I do not like at all. :lol:

DavidsGirl841444
September 23rd, 2007, 04:12 PM
Boring life is so blah. Exciting lives are better.

CharmedGirl
September 23rd, 2007, 07:24 PM
There is no way any of us leads a boring life :lol:

Dani
September 23rd, 2007, 07:33 PM
:mumbles: Well, except for coming here (and my son's outbursts), my life is pretty dull.

CharmedGirl
September 23rd, 2007, 08:21 PM
Your life isn't dull Dani you have a son and when there is a child in your life life is never dull. LOL

NessyPerth
September 24th, 2007, 04:22 AM
oh too true, but when you have a kid, once in a while it would be good if you could have a few minutes of dull just to keep ya sanity :roflmao:

CharmedGirl
September 24th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Plus you've got your books to read and that is never dull especially when the book is full of rigorous activity. LOL

Dani
September 24th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Very true ladies. Oh, and do I look forward to my dull time. It's relaxation city baby!! :roflmao:

CharmedGirl
September 24th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Rest and Relaxation means a day at the beach for me with a good book instead of being at work. LOL

NessyPerth
September 24th, 2007, 10:12 AM
oh yeah that sounds awesome.

DavidsGirl841444
September 24th, 2007, 12:26 PM
No dullsvlle would lead to insanity.

Dani
September 24th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Not when you have kids chica. You actually look forward to dull. :biggrin:

fierylestat
September 24th, 2007, 02:20 PM
woo Hoo...an new series to get hooked on!! Yippiee ...can't wait till 2008!! Love the Riley books thus far and am passing on the books to my mom and sis so they can enjoy them as much as I do!! Thanks for writing such amazing books!!
~Amanda

Dani
September 24th, 2007, 04:50 PM
:welcome: Amanda!

Glad you could join our forum family. Keri's books are awsome and it's great that you are sharing the books with your Mom and sister.

CharmedGirl
September 24th, 2007, 05:24 PM
There are lots of good series to get hooked on and Keri's is certainly one of them. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
September 25th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Keri is number one for me on my list of heroines that kcik butt. And welcome Amanda another convert.

NessyPerth
September 25th, 2007, 09:31 AM
woo Hoo...an new series to get hooked on!! Yippiee ...can't wait till 2008!! Love the Riley books thus far and am passing on the books to my mom and sis so they can enjoy them as much as I do!! Thanks for writing such amazing books!!
~Amanda
welcome welcome. I did that too, gave the books to my mum and sister to read too :roflmao: they loved it

DavidsGirl841444
September 25th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Have no one else left to give it too.

CharmedGirl
September 25th, 2007, 07:42 PM
My mum hates the sort of books cause she's a spoilt sport. Once I finish reading a book I lend them to my friends. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
September 26th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Oh yeah but gave to all my friends who read books. I mean the rest don't read books they think its boring.

CharmedGirl
September 26th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Reading is one of the most relaxing things to do especially before going to bed, by the pool or at the beach. LOL

Dani
September 26th, 2007, 07:01 PM
I love reading before bed, but then I end up wanting to read until I'm finished with the book and not going to sleep like I need to.

CharmedGirl
September 26th, 2007, 07:15 PM
I'm like that too Dani once I start a reading a story I don't want to put it's down until it finished but if I don't get my beauty sleep I can get very cranky. LOL

NessyPerth
September 27th, 2007, 12:00 AM
i just cant go to sleep if i havn't read at least a couple of chapter of a book

DavidsGirl841444
September 27th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Well I am with CharmedGirl and Dani can't sleepif I start reading a really good book then I will never get to sleep. So I read something I know is ok but not entirly good enough to keep me away from my needed rest.

NessyPerth
September 27th, 2007, 10:06 AM
yeah i must admit if the book is really good i'm likely to stay awake reading it all night

DavidsGirl841444
September 27th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Especially Keri good right or anything close to it. That gets fires burning then I relaly want to finish it.

CharmedGirl
September 30th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Any book about vampires, witches, werewolves, mermaids or any kind of shape-shifter seems to be a good book. These types of books I seem to want to read in one sitting :lol:

DavidsGirl841444
October 1st, 2007, 03:52 PM
Vampires mostly for me I am hooked can't get enough of reading about them, mermaids ok thats a new one for me.

Dani
October 1st, 2007, 04:02 PM
Any book about vampires, witches, werewolves, mermaids or any kind of shape-shifter seems to be a good book. These types of books I seem to want to read in one sitting :lol:
These are my kinds of books as well! Once I start a book like this it's hard to put down (unless for some reason that it stinks). :lol:

CharmedGirl
October 1st, 2007, 04:09 PM
Witch Fire was definitely a book I read in one sitting. Absolutely loved it if you haven't read it read it. It's got some really good sex scenes in it. LOL

Dani
October 1st, 2007, 04:16 PM
Witch Fire was a fast moving book and I really enjoyed it. I can't wait until the next book, Witch Blood, comes out. Cheerleader

CharmedGirl
October 1st, 2007, 04:28 PM
Me either I can't wait for Witch Blood the excerpt for it at the back of Witch Fire sounded excellent. LOL

NessyPerth
October 1st, 2007, 09:29 PM
oh geez another one. Ok my credit card is not liking all these recommendations. Oh but i'm loving it. :roflmao:

CharmedGirl
October 1st, 2007, 09:35 PM
My bank account isn't liking it either but I'm definitely enjoying the books I've been reading so I need to keep collecting the books in the series. :lol:

NessyPerth
October 1st, 2007, 09:43 PM
i got a new bookshelf for my birthday, matching the one i already have, so i dont have to get rid of any of my books and i even have room for more YAY

CharmedGirl
October 1st, 2007, 09:52 PM
:whoohoo: lucky you Ness. I need another new bookshelf hopefully I'll get one soon

Dani
October 1st, 2007, 09:55 PM
My bank account hates it when I buy something! I hate it too, but that's life. :roflmao:

CharmedGirl
October 1st, 2007, 10:31 PM
Well the bank account is just going to have to suffer a little while because I can't miss out a book that I really really want. LOL

Dani
October 1st, 2007, 10:38 PM
Now I just need the new book shelf and I'll be set!! :roflmao:

CharmedGirl
October 1st, 2007, 10:50 PM
We've all got way too many books and we don't have any room on our bookshelves to put them. Ness was smart and got a new bookshelf. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
October 2nd, 2007, 10:06 AM
I don't have any bookselves I have boxes full of books. I need another box until I move into our place later on. But yeah have to put more money for more books in the future.

Karenne
October 2nd, 2007, 04:19 PM
snicker..I win! I have book shelves (7 feet tall...4 of them) full and boxes (lots and lots and lots)

I am the winner!Twirling

Dani
October 2nd, 2007, 05:08 PM
Karenne honey, that just shows that you have way too many books! I bet your hubby says the same thing too.

My mom had the same problem and I'm developing it! It's a fun problem to have too!!:lol:

Karenne
October 2nd, 2007, 05:53 PM
clears throat...actually my hubby is very SUPPORTIVE when I get a new book or finish or book...or set the book down, lock the door, tell the kids we are tired and going to take a nap..watch a movie...

(evil grin)

anyway...he feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeels the benefits of reading obsession

(blinks innocently and wonders why I have as many kids as I do..hmmmm)

Dani
October 2nd, 2007, 06:28 PM
Uh huh, I'll bet he is. It's a wonder you don't have anymore kids! :biggrin: :roflmao: