PDA

View Full Version : WELCOME TO EVERYONE

Char
March 18th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Welcome eveyone to our new forums. This specific loop is for talking about our furry friends. You know... the ones that we think we own, but in truth... own us...

Come on in and tell us all about it. All about your babies. If you have a problem... Dr. Ginger will try and help you with those training problems (done tongue in cheek)

This forum is for all pets. Cats, dogs, birds, ferrets, fish, reptiles, and even the more exotics... like sugar gliders or hermit crabs.

Soooo.... whatcha waiting for. Let's get scratching!!!!!

Char ;D

Karenne
March 22nd, 2006, 08:56 PM
scrachin..you are hilarious Char! ::) I am so glad you are leading this group! I love my dog and my rabbit and the various animals that seem to show up at my house...in a box...with food....anonymously ???

shannon_anicas
March 22nd, 2006, 09:33 PM
Here are my two crazy kitties, they are like my 4th and 5th children..... ;D

the gray tabby is Fat Lucy and the black and white is Boogity, Boogity, Boogity our racing cat..

http://anicasfamily.com/Kodak%20Pictures/2005-05-26/100_0136.JPG

http://anicasfamily.com/Kodak%20Pictures/2005-05-26/100_0134.JPG

mizging
March 23rd, 2006, 10:42 PM
For the well-being of your pets, I would like to clarify that I am NOT the Dr. Ginger to which Char alludes. I don't have any pets, don't know anything about caring for pets and am still in therapy dealing with the horrible childhood memories I have that relate to having pets.

Our family cat had had kittens. She was slut. She wasn't ready to be a mother and was just sleeping around and got caught. She had three adorable babies but wouldn't care for them. My mother put in a box and put them next to the heater. She loved cats, and we had figures of them everywhere. When I came home from my date that night, the poor little things had died and rigor already sent it. I was devastated, and then horrified when my boyfirned propped them on the mantle with the porcelain kitties and suggested we leave them there.

I love pets, just as long as they belong to someone else. I'm also counseling regarding my name and why my mother named me after everyone's Cocker Spaniel. Unfortunately, part of therapy is stress reduction using activities like crocheting or gardening. You can see my problem if you read my posts in those forums.

Ginger (in no way connected with keeping your pet healthy)

jennzilla
March 23rd, 2006, 11:49 PM
I am here!! I love pets.* I do have sad news though.* My cocker Zoe, died recently. I will miss him and I do love him.* But, I do NOT want another animal.* We got offered four dogs today.* Sheesh.* *I am goin to post a pic of the Evil Feline Overlord, if I can..

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SQAAAHkVeA7GoMu8PPfhxBigN6Sd9UZqGhpibF01tlQXfWzOC NVZjD6j2SB1uLqdPgNZp1tUzj24FeiNtNBtrVgCq1U3xvSscWM Mv9AIGtqpO9CL9yr8FQ

Char
March 25th, 2006, 01:36 PM
scrachin..you are hilarious Char! ::) I am so glad you are leading this group! I love my dog and my rabbit and the various animals that seem to show up at my house...in a box...with food....anonymously ???

I truely believe that there is a pet fairy out their somewhere, and they know just who the suckers ..... oh I mean sweet caring humans are, and that's where they drop off the strays.

Smokey.... our own kitty from Hell., was literally dropped from the sky. We watched her fall, I kid you not. She was a tiny kitten and since we lived up in the mountains, we think she was snatched by an eagle or something. Knowing Smokey... she waited until the Pet Fairy told her to, and then bit the eagle on the butt, causing him to drop her right into our laps.

Char

Char
March 25th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Here are my two crazy kitties, they are like my 4th and 5th children..... ;D

the gray tabby is Fat Lucy and the black and white is Boogity, Boogity, Boogity our racing cat..

They are so cute. And I love the names. Can you imagine the neighbors when you stand outside yelling "Boogity... Boogity... Boogity." ;D I can see the For Sale signs popping up now....

Char

Char
March 25th, 2006, 01:51 PM
I am here!! I love pets. I do have sad news though. My cocker Zoe, died recently. I will miss him and I do love him. But, I do NOT want another animal. We got offered four dogs today. Sheesh. I am goin to post a pic of the Evil Feline Overlord, if I can..
zOCNVZjD6j2SB1uLqdPgNZp1tUzj24FeiNtNBtrVgCq1U3xvSs cWMMv9AIGtqpO9CL9yr8FQ[/img]

Hummm another evil grey kitty... Im beginning to see a pattern here...

Char

Char
March 25th, 2006, 02:01 PM
For the well-being of your pets, I would like to clarify that I am NOT the Dr. Ginger to which Char alludes. I don't have any pets, don't know anything about caring for pets and am still in therapy dealing with the horrible childhood memories I have that relate to having pets.

I love pets, just as long as they belong to someone else. I'm also counseling regarding my name and why my mother named me after everyone's Cocker Spaniel.
Ginger (in no way connected with keeping your pet healthy)

LOL LOL LOL

So that we may make sure that we cause human Ginger no more trama... I will post a picture of Dr. Ginger. You will be able to see that even though they are both very sweet looking, there is no resemblance at all.

Dr. Ginger will be available to answer any questions you have regarding your pets health or behavior, but she does warn you that if you ask about gardening or crocheting, she will growl and chase you back to the Ginger in the other forum.

A girl has her pride doncha know. <big toothy grin>

As soon as I figure out how to insert a picture I will.

Char

jennzilla
March 26th, 2006, 07:59 PM
I want to know why my cat insists on sleeping on my side of the bed. It would be fine if he didn't turn sideways and push me into the middle. He's not that big yet he can somehow take up half the bed leaving my hubby and I with about two feet of space between us. We have a queen sized bed. And, if I attempt to push him over, he flicks his tail in my face. The cat is diabolical. I've decided he's punishing me for something I did in a previous life. Only a cat could hold a grudge that long.
>:(

Char
March 28th, 2006, 01:03 PM
I want to know why my cat insists on sleeping on my side of the bed. It would be fine if he didn't turn sideways and push me into the middle. He's not that big yet he can somehow take up half the bed leaving my hubby and I with about two feet of space between us. We have a queen sized bed. And, if I attempt to push him over, he flicks his tail in my face. The cat is diabolical. I've decided he's punishing me for something I did in a previous life. Only a cat could hold a grudge that long.
>:(

Woof! Contrary to popular belief, you can train a *cat* but it must happen in the first few seconds of life. After that, the feline... everything belongs to me... gene takes over and Dr. Ginger says its too late to do anything.

I would suggest that you buy a king size bed and give it to the *cat*. Chances are tho he will still want to sleep with you and the bed will stay empty. Or... your hubby can sleep in the new one alone. That way the *cat* gets what he wants. More space to flick you in the face.

Dr. Ginger

jennzilla
March 28th, 2006, 07:54 PM
LMAO! :D That's how it would happen too. He's fine with laying beside my hubby until I come in the room, then, its over to my side to flick me in the face. But, I have to admit that a warm cat laying in the small of your back when your sick cannot be beat. Or when he sits on my chest and purrs, I like that too. Now if he'd only quit staring at the hubby when he gets in and out of the shower, it really freaks him out. :o

Char
March 31st, 2006, 12:34 PM
Now if he'd only quit staring at the hubby when he gets in and out of the shower, it really freaks him out. :o

Cats like to play with snakes. Watch him!!!!

Char ;D

jennzilla
April 2nd, 2006, 01:43 AM
Ahem. We do NOT refer to the INCIDENT! LOL yeah, it happened, once. He's never let me forget it. The standard well, YOUR cat tried to castrate me gets trotted out so he can guilt trip me into things like making brownies at 10p.m. and stuff. Wuss. The cat, well, he still snickers and makes this face while watching the hubby get in and out of the shower. ;D

Lori_Leigh
April 8th, 2006, 03:45 PM
I'm an animal lover from early childhood, and can imagine the trauma of losing a pet at an early age. I've had cats and dogs, both gone now and a part of me went with them. Verra sad, but - as life must go on, now I have a beanie cat.

Beanies are best. They don't mind that I'm home late from work. I don't have to change a litter box or walk him. If he tangles with a skunk, it's the dumpster and he's easily replaced.

If the cat gets out of line, I put him in a drawer! If he starts making those odd sounds, like the devil incarnate because it's springtime and he wants to go out 'cattin' around, I just hurl him across the yard. If he even looks like he's going to scratch up the furniture - it's the freezer for him until he straightens out. He's become remarkable well behaved, for a beanie cat. Now, he just lays there and watches...waiting...

Lori Leigh