PDA

View Full Version : What you'll learn from this workshop

Sascha_Illyvich
August 1st, 2007, 09:57 PM
Hello Authors,

I'm glad to have you all with me over the next month. We're going to have some fun learning how to create yummy male characters who literraly pop off the pages and into our heads *snicker*

What you’ll learn from this class

Male Archetypes and how they affect our characters
How (il)logical men think and why they act the way they do
How to take any male character from any movie/story and modify him to fit your story
How to get your man to express his true “self”
The Male Cycle of Emotions and how it compares to the female cycle of emotions
A man’s journey in life
A few extras

Using character creations sheets (don’t groan!) that have all the relevant information you’ll need, you’ll be able to craft male characters that are just as deep as your female characters. Getting inside the heads of your male characters is the most important aspect of “how to write” them.

I’ll be posting a few files in word *.rtf format for ease of use on any platform. If you have questions, are having trouble or just need clarification, feel free to ask.
This is a learning environment and I’m happy to help you.

So I know who my class is, I’d like to hear a short hello from all of you. Let’s start off by sharing some misconceptions we have about writing from the male point of view!

Sascha Illyvich

Nicole Gestalt
August 2nd, 2007, 09:04 AM
*Waves hello*

Hi! I'm looking forward to this class, although I'm not sure I have any misconceptions to do with the male pov, but thats mainly because I'm just getting to learn about men in general. However I am looking forward to understanding and being able to write more from their point of view it will really be usefull to do for some of the WIP's i've got on the go currently.

Nicole

rgraham666
August 2nd, 2007, 09:33 AM
How do, Sascha.

I'm a guy but like most guys have no idea why I do what I do. ;)

So this will be an interesting class.

Sascha_Illyvich
August 2nd, 2007, 12:32 PM
Welcome all :) I'l be putting out the first lesson shortly. Just have to get my caffiene fix. I do find it interested interesting to note we have a few men here so that'll be good for discussion purposes. Feel free to input as this is definitely a learning experience for us all.

Sascha

phoenyxstarr
August 2nd, 2007, 12:56 PM
I'm here. This is going to be my first class here & I'm looking forward to learning some good tips & techniques for my first book. Its been a WIP quite a while now.

torrentwaters
August 2nd, 2007, 02:21 PM
Hi I'm Shandy and I'm just here to learn how to better my craft.

Sascha_Illyvich
August 2nd, 2007, 03:20 PM
Hi I'm Shandy and I'm just here to learn how to better my craft.
Hi shandy and welcome to the group. I hope you'll learn a lot from this workshop on character creation :)

I have to leave for a few minutes to go take the Other Half to work, but Ill return shortly.

D.N. Lyons
August 2nd, 2007, 07:30 PM
Hi hi. I'm D.N.

I'm one of the unpubbeds, but I'll get pubbed soon, just wait and see. I'm working on three books at once [ouch!] and they're the first three of my four-part series I affectionately call NtB. Wizards, magic and sex, oh my!:sorcerer:

My protagonist is a man's man, a real gorgeous hunk of cake. He's got curled blond hair down to his butt, rippling squeeze-you-up muscles, amber eyes, black lips, Tahitian-bronze skin, and a real big...[ahem!]...ego. Hahaha.:tt1:

What I really want to learn is how to make his co-protagonist in the second book seem more manly than he is. He's got a lot of anger, but not a lot of things to do with it. And this guy's a real hunk too. He's the blond protagonist's brother, and he's got the same bronze skin, the same gorgeous rack of muscles, only he's got full coral lips, and long, ink-black hair and eyes. Plus, he's really headstrong and cocksure. Or is it the other way around?

Sascha_Illyvich
August 2nd, 2007, 09:05 PM
D. N., WElcome and I hope to teach you that! Looking forward to having you here with us!

Christyne Butler
August 2nd, 2007, 10:28 PM
Hi there,
This is my first posting here at CT so I hope I do this right.

I'm glad I picked today to take the plunge as I love my heroes and enjoy writing their stories more than my heroines!

Off to check out the first lesson!

Karenne
August 2nd, 2007, 11:16 PM
You did great Christyne! Welcome to our forums!

(grins at Sasha) sorry I interrupted the class:tt1:

Sascha_Illyvich
August 3rd, 2007, 03:48 PM
Hi there,
This is my first posting here at CT so I hope I do this right.

I'm glad I picked today to take the plunge as I love my heroes and enjoy writing their stories more than my heroines!

Off to check out the first lesson!
First, welcome Christyne, glad to have you here :) I hope to teach you something lol!

Second, Karenne, interrupt my class eh? I've got a purple and black short tailed flogger...*snicker*

Again, welcome Christyne,