PDA

View Full Version : Ranulf and Celeste on Honeymoon (Excerpt) PG rated

Grace Elliot
August 7th, 2011, 11:48 AM
“Have you noticed,” Celeste said dreamily, drawing small circles around his nipple, “how different the colour tones are to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">England</st1:country-region></st1:place>… less vibrant and more dusky… how the houses blend into the hillside as if they belong.”
“Hmmm?” Ranulf gasped as Celeste stroked her palm against his wide chest; her eyes wide with fascination at the way the strong muscles twitched and spasmed. His skin smelt warm and undeniably male as she snuggled against his chest. She could think of nothing more perfect than this moment, lying in her husband’s arms.
“And the sky… so much wider and higher.”
Her head fitted neatly in the angle between chin and chest, close enough to feel Ranulf’s strong steady heart beat against her cheek as if it were a part of her.
“And…I hadn’t realised how much more vibrant the greens are in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">England</st1:place></st1:country-region>. It’s a different palate here... muted and dusty.”
“The leaves of the olive and lemon trees are more blue based that green.” Ranulf’s voice crackled with desire.
Celeste sighed contentedly, clasping the sheet against her chest. Shafts of dust filled light fell across Ranulf’s face and shoulders, his skin glowing with vitality. Deep inside, it scared Celeste that she lay in the arms of such a beautiful man. His dark eyes dreamy with contentment, the harsh planes of his face softened by love. She trembled, wondering at what right had she to find such happiness.
“Shades of sepia and sand, a parched clay landscape.”
Ranulf narrowed his eyes, raising a brow quizzically. “I might almost suspect you are trying to distract me.”

FOR THE FULL EXCERPT VISIT:
http://graceelliot-author.blogspot.com/p/samplesunday.html