PDA

View Full Version : Kelley Armstrong

HeartFelt Promos
August 14th, 2006, 12:02 AM
Kelley Armstrong
http://www.kelleyarmstrong.com/
Welcome to the Otherworld...
A world where your co-worker could be a werewolf.
She won't bother you, though it might be wise
to forgo those midnight walks in the forest.
Best not to tempt fate.
A world where your neighbor could be a witch.
Don't bother asking her for a love potion.
She prefers spells of true magic,
sometimes darker than she can handle.

Dime Store Magic
Leader of the American Coven, guardian to the preteen daughter of a black witch...it's not quite the lifestyle twenty-three-year-old Paige Winterbourne imagined for herself, and it's wreaking hell on her social life.
But, as always, she's up the challenge. When half-demon Leah O'Donnell returns to fight for custody of Savannah, Paige is ready for her. She's not quite so prepared for the team of supernaturals Leah brings with her, including a powerful sorcerer who claims to be Savannah's father. Cut off from her friends, accused of witchcraft, Satanism, necromancy, murder...Paige quickly realizes that keeping Savannah could mean losing everything else. Has she finally found a battle she isn't willing to fight?

Broken
When half-demon Xavier calls in the favour Elena owes him, it seems easy enough, steal Jack the Ripper's 'From Hell' letter away from a Toronto collector who had himself stolen it from the Ripper evidence boxes. But nothing in the supernatural world is ever as simple as it seems. Elena accidentally triggers a spell placed on the letter, and opens a dimensional portal into Victorian London, releasing zombies, disease, and maybe a notorious serial killer himself.

Bitten
Nominated Best First Novel
by the International Horror Guild
Elena Michaels is the world's only female werewolf. And she's tired of it. Tired of a life spent hiding and protecting, a life where her most important job is hunting down rogue werewolves. Tired of a world that not only accepts the worst in heró her temper, her violenceóbut requires it. Worst of all, she realizes she's growing content with that life, with being that person. So she left the Pack and returned to Toronto where she's trying to live as a human. When the Pack leader calls asking for her help fighting a sudden uprising, she only agrees because she owes him. Once this is over, she'll be squared with the Pack and free to live life as a human. Which is what she wants. Really.

Haunted
Eve Levine made a bargain with Fate, and now she's come to collect, sending Eve off on a quest to retrieve the soul of an escaped demi-demon. Playing ghost world bounty hunter isn't exactly what Eve had in mind for an afterlife career, but a deal is a deal. Eve never breaks a promise...even when the cost of repaying that debt turns out to be more than this ghost can afford.

Industrial Magic
Romantic Time Reviewers Choice Award
'Best Contemporary Paranormal' 2004
Think your in-laws are scary? Try meeting Paige Winterbourne's potential father-in-law: CEO of the Cortez Cabal, a multinational corporation...and the supernatural equivalent of the Mafia. Lucas Cortez has devoted his life to ruining the Cabals, though that doesnít stop his father from expecting him to take over the family business someday. Benicioís favorite ploy is to appeal to Lucasís quixotic ideals by asking him to investigate Cabal cases of injustice. After years of failure, Benicio finally has the perfect case: a teenage witch attacked and left for dead. Refusing will be difficult enough for Lucas...near impossible for his new witch girlfriend. Paige and Lucas soon discover that the young witch wasn't the first Cabal teenager attacked. When the infighting among the Cabals threatens to let the killer continue his spree, Paige and Lucas decide itís up to them to stop him. The chase takes them on a cross-country hunt through the supernatural world, where allies can be found in the strangest places, including a celebrity necromancer, a wise-cracking Celtic deity, a pissed-off ghost, a half-mad clairvoyant, and a group of vampires whoíd really rather be in an Anne Rice novel.

Sapphire Phelan
September 4th, 2006, 10:19 AM
I enjoy her books all the time. :)
Sapphire Phelan
http://FantasticDreams.50megs.com
http://pamelakkinney.blogspot.com
http://www.myspace.com/pamelakkinney
http://revelinginromance.blogspot.com (shared blog with Chippewa Publishing/Lady Aibell Press romance authors)

Karenne
September 5th, 2006, 10:48 PM
I just loved Bitten! It was gritty and strong and realistic. I liked that Ellena even though she hated Clay but loved him also...and she struggled with it.

I really enjoyed this book. I have read it over and over again.:tt1:

jennzilla
November 5th, 2006, 02:47 AM
Oh, I looove these books! She's one of my favorite authors. And of course, they're wolves *sighs* Elena is strong, which is a good thing for me, as I don't like prissy girls. But, she's also got this vulnerable side that makes you root for her too. Clay's hot, but sometimes a doofus, however, he is a man, so um.. well, I'll stop typing there in the interests of being nice. :)

Bitten was my first and then I moved onto the others, as I'm funny about reading in order. At first, I didn't like Paige, but she grew on my. I loved every one of these books. Ms. Armstrong is a great world builder, you can almost believe these people exist. Or, in the case of Clay, you'd like to.

Karenne
November 5th, 2006, 09:17 PM
I know..sometimes I just want to slap Clay. Of course, sometimes I just want to shake Elena until her teeth rattle. (shudders) I bet she has bad PMS...ewwwwwwwww!;)

jennzilla
December 27th, 2006, 12:16 AM
I finally read Haunted. I know I'm really behind. My only excuse is that I've got this demonic duo that keeps making me do things. :wacko: Anyhoo. I loved Eve. She's mad, bad and I guess you could say immortal now that she's in the afterlife with her ex-boyfriend. Her one redeeming quality is her devotion to her daughter, not that Savannah can see her. If anything, Eve is the Redneck of the Women of the Underworld. Hmm, I guess that's why she's my favorite so far. ;)

After that, I just jumped right into Broken.. The Pack is Back! I love the werewolves, even though Clay's married, he's still mighty hot. Jeewillikers. I wouldn't kick Jeremy outta bed for eatin.. er.. crackers either, lemme tell ya. But the whole story centers on the fact that Elena is preggers. Yep, and she ain't too happy about the whole project at first, either. Poor thing, at first, she's terrified about what happens if she shifts, and then what happens if she doesn't, then to top it off, Jack the Ripper's letter rips a time portal open right in the middle of Toronto.. and the people that come through are after .. you guessed it. Elena.

Oh, and get this, Jaime, the necromancer is back, in all her infatuated with Jeremy glory. I love her too. She's getting her own book soon. No Humans Involved. I so so hope she gets old Jer to howl at the moon for her. She deserves it after waiting for three whole books. By golly, I deserve it too!
:censored:

Regina
December 27th, 2006, 12:46 AM
I've read Bitten, but I found I just couldn't get into her books. My younger brother though has read the most recent series and swears by it, so I may try her again. I keep wondering if it's an "age" thing since the main character in Bitten was in her early twenties. Still I may have to give her another shot, everyone keeps saying how much they like her.

jennzilla
December 27th, 2006, 10:20 PM
Eve's a mommy, like me. Even though she's dead, she keeps up with her kid's activities. I think that's why I loved it so much.
Jaime, the necromancer is at least 40, sort of vague about how old she really is. The best thing about the were's was Clay. But Antony's pretty hot too. *sigh*

bittenbybooks
February 5th, 2008, 05:59 PM
This is a series that I have been collecting to read. I have most of the books now. Maybe I will start it after the Erin McCarthy Vegas Vamps series.

bittenbybooks
February 9th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Series in order:

Bitten
Stolen
Dime Store Magic
Industrial Magic
Haunted
Broken
No Humans Involved
Personal Demon

bittenbybooks
March 30th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Just finished Personal Demon last night. It is pretty good. I can't wait for the next book in the series!

CharmedGirl
March 30th, 2008, 04:44 PM
I've only read the Elena books of Kelley's series but I really want to get Exit Strategy. It sounds really good.

hollie
March 30th, 2008, 05:30 PM
I've only read the Elena books of Kelley's series but I really want to get Exit Strategy. It sounds really good.

oh Bec you need to get the rest I can't wait to get personal Demon (as soon as i get back from Scotland) and Exit Strategy is really good as well

CharmedGirl
March 30th, 2008, 05:34 PM
oh Bec you need to get the rest I can't wait to get personal Demon (as soon as i get back from Scotland) and Exit Strategy is really good as well

I love Clay and Nick. Elena could get herself in real trouble being the only female werewolf in that pack but she is loyal to Clay which is good. LOL

I might get the rest when I have the money to buy them.

hollie
March 30th, 2008, 05:38 PM
They do come into the other books quite alot it just not told from her POV have you read the free reads on her site?

CharmedGirl
March 30th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Yeah I've read them and they're great.

ashes23
June 8th, 2008, 10:29 PM
I've read them all. She's one of my favorite authors. I especially like how she does them from different people narrating. I had a hard time reading the second one. To me, it drug a little. But once I got over half-way, I had to read the rest of the series.

I can't wait until the next one. I will probably pick up the first book in her next series next month, just to see what it's like.

hollie
June 9th, 2008, 04:04 AM
:welcome1: to coffee time Ashes23 i agree i love Kelleys books i would have liked another book with Jamie and Jeremy to see how they work as a couple -and cos Jeremy is cute- or just a mention of them like she did for Elena and the twins.

Alex_Draven
June 10th, 2008, 08:57 AM
I love KA's books - I'm re-reading them at the moment, having just devoured both No Humans Involved (which I *adored*) and Exit Strategy, which is her switching over to non-paranormal crime, and a really good, solid, story. Being able to switch narrators while keeping the overall series flowing is virtuoso character-driven witting, and I love it.

Alex

ashes23
June 10th, 2008, 04:13 PM
I haven't read Exit Strategy yet. It looks t be good.

bittenbybooks
June 10th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Seems like fatherhood may be mellowing Clay out a little. :)

ashes23
June 10th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Yes it does. He was very aggressive! I would really like to see how Jamie and Jeremy develop. Hopefully the next book give glimpses. I'm also interested to see what she does with the new series "Darkest Powers". I know it's for young adult, but I'm still interested.

Amy

bittenbybooks
June 10th, 2008, 10:20 PM
I am going to read that series as well. I think it will be good.

hollie
June 11th, 2008, 05:50 AM
i've got a 13 year old daughter so i'll just have to read it incase it's a bit old for her Innocent?

bittenbybooks
June 12th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Let us know what you think Hollie

ashes23
July 13th, 2008, 08:49 PM
So has anyone read the new young adult book "The Summoning" yet?? I saw it in the book store the other day but thought I would see what everyone else thinks first.

Lishers
July 14th, 2008, 12:59 AM
ive read the summoning...its really good...it is written toward a younger audience, but being that its KA it is still fabulous...i know its supposed to be a completly new series but i almost felt that they could bring in the characters from her "otherworld" series...i cant wait to read the next book in the series

hollie
July 14th, 2008, 05:59 AM
she could bring in the characters from the otherworld serise as it's set in the same world KA said it was easier as she already knows how that world works so in theroy she could move characters from one to the other although i don't know of any plans to do that. I haven't read it yet but it is on my must get soon list

Lishers
July 14th, 2008, 04:21 PM
im glad that its on your must read list!!! the book is awesome as are all of KA books!!!!
i almost wish she would bring in her other characters...i mean they would be the adults that the children in this new series turn to if they need help...or, it would be amazing to see clay and elena's twins turn up in the new series...i mean they are children...

man, now ive made myself even more excited for a series i have no idea where it may go...lol

hollie
July 14th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Yes that would be good and as you say they are children

ashes23
July 24th, 2008, 12:05 AM
I'm reading it right now, almost done. I'm really enjoying it. At first, I was a little disappointed, it seemed to go kind of slow, but halfway through, I was hooked and off it took. Actually, here lately I've been reading some young adult books, sensoring for a friend of mines daughter before she gets to read them. I'm finding I'm actually enjoying them more than some of the adult books, of course not more than my favorite authors, but a nice change between new releases on the series' I'm already reading. I was surprised. Anyway, The Summoning is definitely a good add to the reading lists

hollie
July 24th, 2008, 07:58 AM
I'm waiting for it to be delivered Amazon can be so slow sometimes. LA Banks' The shadows should be in the parcell as well is it any good?

ashes23
July 24th, 2008, 10:41 AM
I liked the Shadows. It was probably my favorite out of the series. It didn't have so much filler. Plus, at the end I found there was an interesting little tidbit that I didn't add up until then. So that was a nice surprise. I finished The Summoning this morning. Once I got into it, I really liked it. Reminded me a lot of Bitten and Stolen, which weren't my favorites in the series, but I liked how they were done in this one.

hollie
July 24th, 2008, 11:05 AM
There is only one more book after The Shadows i'm not sure whta it's going to be called yet but it will end the series. She has a new werewolf series starting i have the first book Bad Blood but I haven't had chance to read it yet.

ashes23
July 24th, 2008, 11:57 AM
I know. I'm glad it's ending. It was an ok series, but I'm anxious to see what happens in the end. I've tried reading Bad Blood. Couldn't get into it.

Lishers
July 24th, 2008, 01:09 PM
ashes23---i agree with you...lately ive been waiting for the next book in some of my favorite series and have been reading books written for younger audiences and i find that while some will never take the place of my favorite adult writers they are pretty awesome in thier own right...
at the moment i am desperatly waiting for breaking dawn to come out...one more week!!!!

ashes23
July 25th, 2008, 12:46 AM
Oh I know!!!! My husband thinks I'm nuts because my god-daughter and I are going to be at the book store next Friday night at midnight to pick up our reserved copies. (He has no room to talk, he drug me there to get Harry Potter). I'm dying to see Twilight in December too! The Twilight saga actually suprised me. The first few times I read the synopsis, I didn't think it was my thing. I actually bought it just to see what the hype was all about.

Lishers
July 25th, 2008, 04:39 AM
OMG!!!
I am sooo in the same boat as you!! The reason i got the first one is b/c none of my other authors had anything new out...I read the synopsis of twilight and thought hmmm sounds ok, but its written for a younger crowd so im not too sure if ill like it...I ended up buying the other two books the next day and had them all finished in 3 days...and of course then put myself through the waiting process yet again...but I like yourself will be at my local bookstore for the midnight and as i have no plans for that wknd will then proceed to read the book for the rest of the night...I did the same thing for the last 2 Harry Potter books and it seems its a tradition that will continue for many years to come...lol

hollie
July 25th, 2008, 06:00 AM
I can't do that, I don't drive and The Smurf won't take me into York at midnight just to buy a book.

Lishers
July 26th, 2008, 02:54 AM
awwww thats no fair!!! at least you will be able to get it the next day! :)

im thankful that i have my own car, or else i would be in the same boat as you...i know no one in my family would take me to just go and get a book

ashes23
July 26th, 2008, 11:02 PM
AAWWW poor Hollie

I'm pretty sure I would have a nervous breakdown if I couldn't get it that night. I'm sure I will be the same way when the movie comes out in December too. Let's hope we don't have an ice storm around that time!

bittenbybooks
August 12th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Has anybody read the first of her new series yet??

hollie
August 12th, 2008, 03:15 PM
The Summoning??

Yes it's excellent, my 13 year old has also read it and enjoyed it only downer is how long till the 2nd on is due out.

bittenbybooks
August 12th, 2008, 05:15 PM
The Summoning??

Yes it's excellent, my 13 year old has also read it and enjoyed it only downer is how long till the 2nd on is due out.

yes! I want to wait until the kindle version comes out. (it may already be). But it sounds really good!

ashes23
August 12th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Are you referring to the YA series?? I've read "The Summoning". I really liked it.

bittenbybooks
August 12th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Are you referring to the YA series?? I've read "The Summoning". I really liked it.
Yep~:) that is the one.

Irishlilt-quinn'shot
March 29th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Lishers, thats an interesting idea. I think that would be awesome!

Lishers
March 29th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Irislilt-quin'shot--you know I got really excited about where the series is going, and yet I honestly don't know what has happened in the second book yet, (despite the fact that I own the book).I think I'm waiting for the 3rd book to come out so I can read them all at once!

Irishlilt-quinn'shot
March 30th, 2010, 03:48 AM
Well I would read as many as you can. Otherwise you wont be able to respond to anything, some things could be interpreted as spoilers Lishers.
I dont even have all of them, but I read the blurb on the back. hehehe so I sort of know what happens in the books. I cant wait!!!
I found out the next few books are going to be about Savannah!
So. Am interested to see if any of the younger generation- such as the twins- get involved!

Lishers
March 31st, 2010, 02:48 AM
Irishlilt-quinn'shot--True!! I have gone to the author's sites to do the same thing...which is good and bad, good bc I know whats coming up in the series. Bad bc if I have nothing else to read I get bored!! lol But I am interested about the upcoming books in the series. I saw that you are a fan of Keri Arthur, I am ready for her next book, but I think I heard that this will be the last for the Riley series? Which I decided to bring up bc Ive seen your quotes before in books!! It looks like we are ready a lot of the same things!!
Any authors that you are a fan of?? I actually need something new to read!

Irishlilt-quinn'shot
March 31st, 2010, 03:17 AM
Yea. Unfortunatly there will only be one more Riley book. :(
Lol. thats pretty much the same with me.
Well I am a fan of; Keri Arthur, Kelley Armstrong, Jennifer Rardin, Pc and Kristin Cast, Katie MacAlister/Katie Maxwell (uses to psuedos so if u cant find one, u can find the other.), Stephanie Meyer, Kim Harrison, Jean M Auel, Alison Croggan, there are many motr but I just cant bring them to mind early in the morning....... Christopher Paolini, Mary Gentle...... there would be more but as i said earlier, too early! Lol. I shall add on if I think of any more! :)

Lishers
March 31st, 2010, 03:28 AM
Thanks, there are a few authors that I havent heard of!!

Irishlilt-quinn'shot
March 31st, 2010, 03:30 AM
Really? Like who?

Lishers
March 31st, 2010, 03:46 AM
Pc and Kristin Cast, Jean M Auel, Alison Croggan,Christopher Paolini, Mary Gentle are the only ones that I didnt know.The others Ive heard of or at least read one of their books.

Irishlilt-quinn'shot
March 31st, 2010, 05:54 AM
I see. :)
PC and Kristin Cast write the House of Night series. They consist of; Marked, Chosen, Betrayed, Untaymed, Hunted and Tempted so far.
Jean M Auel writes about the Cro-Magnan era in the past.
Alison Croggan writes the four books about Pellinor. They consist of The gift, the riddle, the crow and the singing.
Christopher Paolini- the inheritance saga- Eragon, Eldest and Brisingr so far
The only Mary Gentle Ive read is the book titled; 1610: A sundial in a grave. It was interesting.