View Full Version : Katie MacAlister Coming in September Just One Sip

HeartFelt Promos
August 14th, 2006, 12:08 AM
Katie MacAlister
http://www.katiemacalister.com/

Just One Sip (anthology)
Leisure
September 2006

"Bring Out Your Dead" is the story of a Dark One named Sebastian, Ysabelle, a mysterious revenant counselor, and the demon lord who tries to destroy both of them. The path to happiness--or just plain survival--isn't an easy one, however, and is peppered with an obnoxious child, several zombies, and a jilted Guardian

Even Vampires Get the Blues
NAL
May 2006
ISBN 045121823X

Paen Scott is a Dark One: a vampire without a soul. And his mother is
about to lose hers, too, if Paen can’t repay a debt to a demon by
finding a relic known as the Jilin God—in five days.

Half-elf Samantha Cosse may have gotten kicked out of the Diviner’s
Order, but she’s still good at finding things—which is why she just
opened her own private investigation agency.

Paen is one of Sam’s first clients—and the only one to set her elf
senses tingling. Which makes it pretty much impossible to keep their
relationship on a professional level. Especially since Sam is convinced
that she is Paen’s Beloved—the woman who can give him back his soul,
whether he wants it or not…

Sex, Lies, and Vampires
Love Spell
February 2005
ISBN 0505525550

Take a flawed charmer named Nell, add a cursed Dark One called the Betrayer who has sold his own kind for centuries to a demon lord, and throw them together in a desperate attempt to save an innocent child...while along the way unentangling themselves from a Welsh knocker named Gigli who runs a house of ill repute for poltergeists, avoiding death by a revenge-minded vampire, and trying to convince a group of mummies that dead really does mean forever.

jennzilla
December 27th, 2006, 12:05 AM
I read that book, finally.
Loved Katie's story in Just One Sip. The quasi-French made me HOOT! She always mixes humor and action with the best touch. She's the author I wanna be when I grow up, *sighs* Still love the Dark Ones and their assorted Beloveds too.
The other stories were great too, but the vegas vamp one stood out as my fav among those two.
Love my Katie Mac though.

jennzilla
January 14th, 2007, 06:44 PM
I'm reading Light My Fire right now.. Oh. MY. God! I've missed.....

Jim.

Yeah, the dog. I've missed the dang dog, ok? I'm a total demon dog fan. If that makes me an idiotic twit, sue me. Katie has cornered the market on quirky characters that worm their way into your heart. Drakes arrogant but cute about it. Ash is goofy, but I like her. All the assorted freaks in the magical community are outlandish weird, and I love it! But, if she ever stops writing this series, Jim can come live with me.

:lol:

jennzilla
May 3rd, 2007, 12:03 AM
During one scene I laughed so hard I almost passed out, and from that scene comes my fave line of the whole book. "Now I know why all my co-workers love vampire romances. Holy Moly!"

maura
May 3rd, 2007, 01:41 PM
I love that series, especially the demon dog. Katie Mac is just so funny, I buy all of her books as soon as they come out.

I'm reading Light My Fire right now.. Oh. MY. God! I've missed.....

Jim.

Yeah, the dog. I've missed the dang dog, ok? I'm a total demon dog fan. If that makes me an idiotic twit, sue me. Katie has cornered the market on quirky characters that worm their way into your heart. Drakes arrogant but cute about it. Ash is goofy, but I like her. All the assorted freaks in the magical community are outlandish weird, and I love it! But, if she ever stops writing this series, Jim can come live with me.

:lol:

Aline de Chevigny
May 6th, 2007, 10:34 PM
LOL I totally agree. Katie has the perfect balance of action and humor in her books and the demon dog Jim is such a sacarstic pain the butt. But a loveable one.

I hate that we have to wait a year between books in that series.:arghhhh:

But I too buy all her books as soon as their released.

Aline

CharmedGirl
November 4th, 2007, 09:33 PM
I've just started reading the first Aisling Grey novel. I am really loving it and am about halfway through it. Once I've finished it which will be tonight I'm going straight to starting the second one. LOL

Drake is such a hottie!

Aline de Chevigny
November 4th, 2007, 11:07 PM
I love that series, don't forget the next Aislin Grey book comes out this month.

Drake is definitely a hotty.:whoohoo:

Aline

Dani
November 4th, 2007, 11:36 PM
I just started reading the second book in the series. I love it so far. :biggrin:

Drake is definately a hot, hot, hottie!! :hellobaby:

I'll be in the bookstore when Holy Smokes comes out getting it too! Which is supposed to be this Wednesday the 7th. :whoohoo:

CharmedGirl
November 4th, 2007, 11:51 PM
OMG hopefully I'll be finished 1, 2 and 3 when I receive 4 which I am going to order at the end of this week. I also have to get some other books by Patricia Briggs, Karen Chance, The Vampire Shrink by Lynda Hilburn and a couple of other books. LOL

Aline de Chevigny
November 5th, 2007, 12:07 AM
Yep I'll be at the store picking it up asap. Gonna go order it on monday LOL

Aline

CharmedGirl
November 5th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Hmmm talking about books. There is this one book that my boyfriend wants me to get him for Christmas it's a biography of one of the Rugby League players here is Australia and it comes out today so I guess I'm going to have to go and get it sometime within the next few days.

As for Holy Smokes I am going to have to order it online if I want it to get here quickly instead of waiting for it to come to a bookstore here in Australia because we don't get the books at the same time as America do which is so unfair.

I had to wait like two weeks later than the release date in America for Keri Arthur's book so I'm guessing it's likely to be the same with Holy Smokes. So if I order it online it will be here before then. LOL

Dani
November 5th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Yep, but it will be worth it when you get it Bec and you should be finished with the other books by then too. :lol:

The Vampire Shrink is an awsome book and I think that you'll like it a lot. I know I did. :biggrin:

CharmedGirl
November 5th, 2007, 12:40 AM
I just love finishing books that are part of a series because once you finish the first book you automatically want to start the next book in the series. I've done that with every series I've bought even if I have other books that I want to read. Once I finish one book in the series I keep reading the books straight after it until I totally complete that series. I don't try to let myself get too distracted with other books but it does happen sometimes. LOL

Dani
November 5th, 2007, 01:18 AM
I try to read a series from the first book to the last before starting any others, but sometimes that doesn't happen. Like I had some time between Katie's books because I had to get a hold of them, so I ended up reading a couple of book in between. I've got all of them now, so nothing is going to come in between me and the books now and I'll be getting the next book when it comes out on Wednesday so I can just continue reading. :biggrin:

CharmedGirl
November 5th, 2007, 01:45 AM
Yep I always try to read the first book of any series as well otherwise I end up getting confused on which characters live or die. At least when you start with the first book you know who the original characters are and the original plot and then as you get further into the series there are always new characters coming to light and the old characters sometimes die. It's just nice to know who is there from the beginning. LOL

jennzilla
November 6th, 2007, 12:19 AM
Ooh! I forgot this book was coming out!

Jim.. your name is Jim. You are and will always be, my friend.

I even got in a Star Trek ref, YEAH! *pause* Oh be quiet, leave me my little triumphs. *does a little dance*

Dani
November 6th, 2007, 12:56 AM
You are too funny Jenna! :lol:

jennzilla
November 6th, 2007, 12:59 AM
Any time I can use Star Trek is a point for me and one taken away from my Star Wars lovin' husband, Jethro, Darth Lord of the Stix.
:dots:

Dani
November 6th, 2007, 01:03 AM
:roflmao: Love that name!!

I have to say though that I'm a Star Wars fan too, but I don't go overboard. :biggrin:

CharmedGirl
November 6th, 2007, 08:33 PM
I love Star Wars as well and one weekend I'm going to watch all six one after the other which I think will be totally cool. LOL

jennzilla
November 6th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Oh please! Harrison Ford's hotter than hell on the 4th of July, I grew up on those movies. But I'm a Trekkie if only to piss off the hubster who stages a Star Wars marathon at least once a month.

Live Long and Prosper
Spock Lover 4Ever
:biggrin:

Dani
November 6th, 2007, 10:16 PM
:roflmao: Nice reason to be a Trekkie then.

I watched the original Star Trek and some of the new generation, but that's as far as I got. I was a bit Spock fan too. It was something about that voice and those ears that did it. :lol:

Dani
November 6th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Oh and Holy Smokes is out!! Barnes and Nobles had the wrong date on their website! It came out today!!! :whoohoo:

CharmedGirl
November 6th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Well I'm definitely going to be ordering it soon then because it's not out here at the bookstore yet.

jennzilla
November 6th, 2007, 10:42 PM
Oh and Holy Smokes is out!! Barnes and Nobles had the wrong date on their website! It came out today!!! :whoohoo:

It's a conspiracy I tell ya!
:arghhhh:

Dani
November 6th, 2007, 11:17 PM
I know...They don't want us to have it at all!! :lol:

CharmedGirl
November 6th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Hmmm you'd think bookstores would want to sell books and if that's their goal they'd post the right dates. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
November 7th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Wwellmaybe they got it wrong you know some techie just messed up Idon't think its a conspiracy. And yeah dad was an original trek fan but he got into later shows with me we watched from next generations up to enterprise loved every minute.

CharmedGirl
November 8th, 2007, 05:16 AM
I've finished Light My Fire so I'm just going to order Holy Smokes as soon as I can and then once it arrives on my doorstep I'm going to start reading it because I've absolutely loved the first three books.

Dani
November 8th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Wow, you got through You Slay Me, Fire Me Up and Light My Fire pretty dang quick. Did you sleep at all while reading them? :roflmao:

CharmedGirl
November 9th, 2007, 11:08 PM
Ummm practically no sleep. Well maybe about 5 or 6 hours at the most.

I bought Just One Sip yesterday and some other books so I'm going to start reading them as soon as I've finished posting. LOL