View Full Version : 2011 Christmas Chat December 19th

Anne Patrick
October 19th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Mark your calendars!<O:p
The Sweetest Romance Authors Christmas Chat
Monday, December 19<SUP>th</SUP><O:p
8pm – 10pm (CST)<O:p
Right here!<O:p

Come share your favorite Christmas memories, favorite holiday recipes, enjoy excerpts from books we'll be giving away during the chat. Everyone in attendance is eligible for our Grand Prize Drawing valued at over $50.<O:p

Giveaways during the chat<O:p
Joyce DiPastena – Loyalty's Web (Print or Kindle version)<O:p
Regina Andrews – eBook of Angels of the Heart<O:p
Larry Hamersley – eBook of Taking Advantage<O:p
Gail Pallotta – eBook of Now is the Time (women's fiction)<O:p
Danielle Thorne - $10 Amazon gift card<O:p

Grand Prize<O:p
2 - $10 Amazon gift cards <O:p
1-$10 gift card to B&B Works<O:p
eBook of Turtle Soup by Danielle Thorne<O:p
eBook of Love Turns the Tide by Gail Pallotta<O:p
Autographed print copy of Journey to Redemption by Anne Patrick
Gail Pallotta - First issue of Splickety Magazine (with Gail's story, Lifeline, and Christmas stories)<O:p

<O:p

Anne Patrick
December 19th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Howdy! Everyone grab a party hat xmastreeplugin, grab some refreshments :fridge: and LET'S PARTY!!!:spotman:

Gail Pallotta
December 19th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Hi Anne,
Am I in the right place?

Gail Pallotta
December 19th, 2011, 09:53 PM
I see I am!

Anne Patrick
December 19th, 2011, 09:54 PM
HI Gail. Glad you could make it!

Gail Pallotta
December 19th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Yes, I just started Renegade Hearts. I'm loving it. I feel as though I'm right on the ranch. I can't wait to read more.

Anne Patrick
December 19th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Glad you are enjoying it, Gail. It was a lot of fun to write.

Gail Pallotta
December 19th, 2011, 10:05 PM
I bet. I imagine you had a great time doing the research.

Anne Patrick
December 19th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Are you all ready for Christmas?

Anne Patrick
December 19th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Yes, my cousin and friends were a huge help.

Gail Pallotta
December 19th, 2011, 10:09 PM
:wacko:I'm getting there slowly but surely. I have more wrapping and baking to do. I got back a card today that I sent to my cousin. The address was ripped off. It had a label saying it couldn't be delivered because of insufficient address. I just sent her an email. It must have gotten caught in a sorting machine. Never had that happen before.

CindyDragonfly
Hi Everyone,
I'm joining in the fun, but it hasn't been a fun day. My son is running a fever of 102, and my dog, Sprite, just had a severe seizure about 30 minutes ago. Things never seem to mellow out.

Sweet Romance, Comedy, Suspense...and Dogs!

Cindy A. Christiansen - Sweet Romance Author

http://3861406687877016530-a-1802744773732722657-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/cadragonfly/author-links/dragonfly-blue.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cqVv7fJ3kqMhEBQIEdOHJ3uwt KUzv2wJKlvN7dQK6B5PzyUDlchk1iaTMqbbxYtyQhzfFDaBSZi FFAojEV_pNyN__0T0IT0eBOJzXoX8FJN0BL7uGoppIOshiwsBE N3RW9W27eW2h3yAHPx_L-un-R9GgesVHBQg0SFeKiaFwaw-DlBK3fok1qOJjxHQPD8ndnZC3JKeH8wk-zxkrd093kBEJeT1Pb73AZMao_dj4xIRYmxwY4%3D&attredirects=0

Fly into a good book at: www.dragonflyromance.com

Gail Pallotta
Yes, my cousin and friends were a huge help.
Did you get to spend time on a ranch?

DanielleThorne
December 19th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Hi Everyone! Happy Holidays. Great to see you here, Anne and Gail. Cindy, I'm so sorry to hear you have illness at your house. ;( I know so many people who have been sick the last week or so. It must be sooo contagious!

Gail Pallotta
December 19th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Hi Cindy,
Glad you're here, but I'm sorry about your son and your dog.

Anne Patrick
December 19th, 2011, 10:12 PM
I want to remind everyone that whoever joins in the chat is eligible to win one of our prizes tonight and an entry into our grand prize drawing. Below is the list of prizes.

Giveaways during the chat<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Joyce DiPastena – Loyalty's Web (print or ebook)<o:p></o:p>

Regina Andrews – eBook of Angels of the Heart<o:p></o:p>

Larry Hamersley – eBook of Taking Advantage<o:p></o:p>

Gail Pallotta – eBook of Now is the Time (women's fiction)<o:p></o:p>

Danielle Thorne - $10 Amazon gift card<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

Grand Prize<o:p></o:p>

2 - $10 Amazon gift cards <o:p></o:p>

1-$10 gift card to B&B Works<o:p></o:p>

eBook of Turtle Soup<o:p></o:p>

eBook of Love Turns the Tide<o:p></o:p>

Print copy of Journey to Redemption<o:p></o:p>

Gail Pallotta - First issue of Splickety Magazine (with Gail's story, Lifeline, and Christmas stories).<o:p></o:p>

DanielleThorne
Am I ready for Christmas? Almost. Finished my shopping today except for the kids' candy...but I don't know when I'll have time to bake goodies for our friends. Going to try tomorrow.

Gail Pallotta
Hi Everyone! Happy Holidays. Great to see you here, Anne and Gail. Cindy, I'm so sorry to hear you have illness at your house. ;( I know so many people who have been sick the last week or so. It must be sooo contagious!
Hi Danielle,
Merry Christmas! Glad to see you here.

Anne Patrick
December 19th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Yes, my cousins. I also have friends in the area who are ranch owners.

DanielleThorne
Yay! Prizes!

I want to remind everyone that whoever joins in the chat is eligible to win one of our prizes tonight and an entry into our grand prize drawing. Below is the list of prizes.

Giveaways during the chat<!--?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /--><o:p></o>
Joyce DiPastena – Loyalty's Web (print or ebook)<o:p></o>
Regina Andrews – eBook of Angels of the Heart<o:p></o>
Larry Hamersley – eBook of Taking Advantage<o:p></o>
Gail Pallotta – eBook of Now is the Time (women's fiction)<o:p></o>
Danielle Thorne - $10 Amazon gift card<o:p></o>
<o:p></o>
Grand Prize<o:p></o>
2 - $10 Amazon gift cards <o:p></o>
1-$10 gift card to B&B Works<o:p></o>
eBook of Turtle Soup<o:p></o>
eBook of Love Turns the Tide<o:p></o>
Print copy of Journey to Redemption<o:p></o>
Gail Pallotta - First issue of Splickety Magazine (with Gail's story, Lifeline, and Christmas stories).<o:p></o>

Gail Pallotta
smilies/bump.gif
Am I ready for Christmas? Almost. Finished my shopping today except for the kids' candy...but I don't know when I'll have time to bake goodies for our friends. Going to try tomorrow.
That's the thing. I'm running out of time...

Anne Patrick
December 19th, 2011, 10:14 PM
I'm going shopping Friday. I always wait untilt he last minute :).

Gail Pallotta
December 19th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Yes, my cousins. I also have friends in the area who are ranch owners.
Neat!! What fun and great fodder (for the book).

CindyDragonfly
December 19th, 2011, 10:16 PM
It's especially hard when your kids are sick at Christmas time.

Anne Patrick
Hi Cindy! Glad you could make it. Sorry to hear about your son, and your dog.

Gail Pallotta
smilies/candy.gifI got the shopping done, but now I have to wrap it. I've been enjoying the hot fudge pie recipe from last year, Danielle. Yum.

DanielleThorne
I love simple, creative gift giving. I know a lot of people don't have a lot of extra money this year. I think that's when Christmas is the most fun...when we really have to make an effort.

So...what are you GIVING this year? I found a CD at Target for my mom that you got a $5 card back if you bought it and she loves Susan Boyle. For my dad, I am making him some caramel corn.

My secret...I went to the Dollar Store for small gifts for my boys...got them things like cologne and glow in the dark silly putty. hahaha. You're never too old for Silly Putty!

Danielle

Gail Pallotta
December 19th, 2011, 10:17 PM
It's especially hard when your kids are sick at Christmas time.
Yes, Christmas is such a happy time. It is bad for anyone who is ill.
I hope your son will be much better soon.

DanielleThorne
December 19th, 2011, 10:17 PM
I'm going shopping Friday. I always wait untilt he last minute :).

Wow! That is last minute! It doesn't stress you out?

DanielleThorne
December 19th, 2011, 10:18 PM
smilies/candy.gifI got the shopping done, but now I have to wrap it. I've been enjoying the hot fudge pie recipe from last year, Danielle. Yum.

Oh, that sounds awesome. Maybe I should add that to my list this year. I'm trying so hard to be good, but I just can't stay out of the cookies.

Gail Pallotta
December 19th, 2011, 10:19 PM
I love simple, creative gift giving. I know a lot of people don't have a lot of extra money this year. I think that's when Christmas is the most fun...when we really have to make an effort.

So...what are you GIVING this year? I found a CD at Target for my mom that you got a $5 card back if you bought it and she loves Susan Boyle. For my dad, I am making him some caramel corn.

My secret...I went to the Dollar Store for small gifts for my boys...got them things like cologne and glow in the dark silly putty. hahaha. You're never too old for Silly Putty!

Danielle
I'm with you, Danielle. I'm a big bargain shopper anyway. I love to look ahead for things people would like and get them on sale. Also, some of my friends and I have decided we'll just make a point of getting together and not give the gifts. The getting together is the important part.

Anne Patrick
Joyce can't make it tonight so I'm posting her blurbs for her.

Loyalty's Web

In twelfth-century France, King Henry II of England has just finished crushing a rebellion by his power-hungry sons and now seeks to tame the lawless barons who supported them in this corner of his “Angevin empire.” To this end, the king has sent the Earl of Gunthar as his royal representative to ensure that Prince Richard and his former cohorts faithfully adhere to the terms of the peace treaty.

Far from being welcomed with open arms, Gunthar no sooner steps foot in the county of Poitou than he is greeted by a series of assassination attempts. All appear to be linked to the former rebellious prince through the agents of the family and friends of young Heléne de Laurant. A clever, intrepid young woman, Heléne realizes that the only way to prove her loved ones’ innocence is by exposing the true assassin. Heléne races against time—and dark secrets of the past—to unmask the killer before the kingdom plunges back into war.

Fierce determination gives way to mutual attraction as Heléne and Gunthar spar over the identity of the traitor. But their blinding magnetism almost causes them to overlook an even deadlier threat from an entirely unexpected direction.

Illuminations of the Heart

“Clothilde.”
He spoke the name on a breath like a prayer. Then he lowered his head and kissed her.
Her heart is lost in that first embrace, her world shaken to its foundations. There is just one problem: her name is not Clothilde. It is Siriol de Calendri.

Trained in the art of illumination in the far-off city of Venice, Siri is directed by her late brother’s will to the county of Poitou in France, where she enters the guardianship of her brother’s friend, Sir Triston de Brielle. Once in Poitou, Siri hopes to find employment in an illuminator’s shop—until Triston unexpectedly snatches her heart away with a kiss.

Triston is a man of quiet honor and courage, but the guilt he carries for the death of his late wife, Clothilde, has left him numb and hesitant to love again. Worse yet, Siri bears an uncanny resemblance to his lost love. Or does she? Her merry laughter and twinkling eyes are very different from his late wife’s shy smiles and quiet ways. Yet when he gazes into Siri’s face, all he sees is Clothilde.

Then Triston’s past returns to threaten them both. Will his tragic life with Clothilde be repeated with Siri? Trapped between the rivalry of the king’s sons on the one hand and a neighbor out for vengeance on the other, Triston realizes it would be safer to send Siri away. But how can he bear to lose her again?

Siri is determined not to be cast off and not to live in another woman’s shadow. She has illuminated many a priceless book with pen and paint. But can her own vibrant spirit illuminate the darkness in Triston’s soul and make his heart beat for her alone?

Dangerous Favor (coming January 2012)

Mathilde de Riavelle is in dire need of a champion. Her father has been falsely accused of theft from the king, and his family has since been reduced to poverty. Mathilde has one chance to find and marry a man with the wealth and connections to help her prove her father's innocence. At first, she believe that man is Therri, heir to a rich barony and a man who appears to embody all of her romantic dreams. Etienne, the younger son of a disgraced family, has neither wealth nor connections, but he is smitten with Mathilde at a glance. Alas, when he tricks her into granting him her favor, a sleek white ribbon, for a tournament, she becomes convinced that he is only out to seduce her. Can Etienne convince Mathilde that he is the true hero of her dreams in time to save her from a nightmare from her past?

Bio: Joyce DiPastena first fell in love with the Middle Ages when she read Thomas B. Costain's The Conquering Family in high school. She attended the University of Arizona, where she graduated with a degree specializing in medieval history.

Joyce loves to play the piano and sing for her own amusement, as well as in her church choir. Other interests include reading, spending time with her sister, trying out new restaurants, and unfortunately, buying new clothes. The highlight of her year is attending the Arizona Renaissance Festival, which she has not missed once in its twenty-two years of existence.

Joyce is the author of two sweet medieval romances, Loyalty’s Web (2007 Whitney Award finalist) and Illuminations of the Heart, (RWA Heart of the West winner; 2009 Whitney Award finalist). Both are available on Amazon.com. Her new medieval romance, Dangerous Favor, will be released in January 2012.

You can read more about Joyce and her books on her website at http://www.joyce-dipastena.com (http://www.joyce-dipastena.com/) or on her JDP NEWS blog, http://jdp-news.blogspot.com (http://jdp-news.blogspot.com/).

CindyDragonfly

Danielle
Sounds great, Danielle.

http://3861406687877016530-a-1802744773732722657-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/cadragonfly/author-links/dragonfly-blue.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cqVv7fJ3kqMhEBQIEdOHJ3uwt KUzv2wJKlvN7dQK6B5PzyUDlchk1iaTMqbbxYtyQhzfFDaBSZi FFAojEV_pNyN__0T0IT0eBOJzXoX8FJN0BL7uGoppIOshiwsBE N3RW9W27eW2h3yAHPx_L-un-R9GgesVHBQg0SFeKiaFwaw-DlBK3fok1qOJjxHQPD8ndnZC3JKeH8wk-zxkrd093kBEJeT1Pb73AZMao_dj4xIRYmxwY4%3D&attredirects=0

LarryH
December 19th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Letting you know I've finally put in an appearance. Larry

DanielleThorne
December 19th, 2011, 10:21 PM
I read Loyalty's Web. I loved it. She is a gifted Medieval writer. Her book, ILLUMINATIONS is also on my to be read list.

Joyce can't make it tonight so I'm posting her blurbs for her.

Loyalty's Web

In twelfth-century France, King Henry II of England has just finished crushing a rebellion by his power-hungry sons and now seeks to tame the lawless barons who supported them in this corner of his “Angevin empire.” To this end, the king has sent the Earl of Gunthar as his royal representative to ensure that Prince Richard and his former cohorts faithfully adhere to the terms of the peace treaty.

Far from being welcomed with open arms, Gunthar no sooner steps foot in the county of Poitou than he is greeted by a series of assassination attempts. All appear to be linked to the former rebellious prince through the agents of the family and friends of young Heléne de Laurant. A clever, intrepid young woman, Heléne realizes that the only way to prove her loved ones’ innocence is by exposing the true assassin. Heléne races against time—and dark secrets of the past—to unmask the killer before the kingdom plunges back into war.

Fierce determination gives way to mutual attraction as Heléne and Gunthar spar over the identity of the traitor. But their blinding magnetism almost causes them to overlook an even deadlier threat from an entirely unexpected direction.

Illuminations of the Heart

“Clothilde.”
He spoke the name on a breath like a prayer. Then he lowered his head and kissed her.
Her heart is lost in that first embrace, her world shaken to its foundations. There is just one problem: her name is not Clothilde. It is Siriol de Calendri.

Trained in the art of illumination in the far-off city of Venice, Siri is directed by her late brother’s will to the county of Poitou in France, where she enters the guardianship of her brother’s friend, Sir Triston de Brielle. Once in Poitou, Siri hopes to find employment in an illuminator’s shop—until Triston unexpectedly snatches her heart away with a kiss.

Triston is a man of quiet honor and courage, but the guilt he carries for the death of his late wife, Clothilde, has left him numb and hesitant to love again. Worse yet, Siri bears an uncanny resemblance to his lost love. Or does she? Her merry laughter and twinkling eyes are very different from his late wife’s shy smiles and quiet ways. Yet when he gazes into Siri’s face, all he sees is Clothilde.

Then Triston’s past returns to threaten them both. Will his tragic life with Clothilde be repeated with Siri? Trapped between the rivalry of the king’s sons on the one hand and a neighbor out for vengeance on the other, Triston realizes it would be safer to send Siri away. But how can he bear to lose her again?

Siri is determined not to be cast off and not to live in another woman’s shadow. She has illuminated many a priceless book with pen and paint. But can her own vibrant spirit illuminate the darkness in Triston’s soul and make his heart beat for her alone?

Dangerous Favor (coming January 2012)

Mathilde de Riavelle is in dire need of a champion. Her father has been falsely accused of theft from the king, and his family has since been reduced to poverty. Mathilde has one chance to find and marry a man with the wealth and connections to help her prove her father's innocence. At first, she believe that man is Therri, heir to a rich barony and a man who appears to embody all of her romantic dreams. Etienne, the younger son of a disgraced family, has neither wealth nor connections, but he is smitten with Mathilde at a glance. Alas, when he tricks her into granting him her favor, a sleek white ribbon, for a tournament, she becomes convinced that he is only out to seduce her. Can Etienne convince Mathilde that he is the true hero of her dreams in time to save her from a nightmare from her past?

Bio: Joyce DiPastena first fell in love with the Middle Ages when she read Thomas B. Costain's The Conquering Family in high school. She attended the University of Arizona, where she graduated with a degree specializing in medieval history.

Joyce loves to play the piano and sing for her own amusement, as well as in her church choir. Other interests include reading, spending time with her sister, trying out new restaurants, and unfortunately, buying new clothes. The highlight of her year is attending the Arizona Renaissance Festival, which she has not missed once in its twenty-two years of existence.

Joyce is the author of two sweet medieval romances, Loyalty’s Web (2007 Whitney Award finalist) and Illuminations of the Heart, (RWA Heart of the West winner; 2009 Whitney Award finalist). Both are available on Amazon.com. Her new medieval romance, Dangerous Favor, will be released in January 2012.

You can read more about Joyce and her books on her website at http://www.joyce-dipastena.com (http://www.joyce-dipastena.com/) or on her JDP NEWS blog, http://jdp-news.blogspot.com (http://jdp-news.blogspot.com/).

Gail Pallotta
I'm with you, Danielle. I'm a big bargain shopper anyway. I love to look ahead for things people would like and get them on sale. Also, some of my friends and I have decided we'll just make a point of getting together and not give the gifts. The getting together is the important part.
I love the dollar store. I went in there for my wrapping paper, ribbon and some bags. My neighbor used to have a cute little terrier. One year I found a small statue of a terrier in a Christmas hat and gave it to her. She LOVES it.

Anne Patrick
Nah! And I usually find some pretty good bargins :)

Gail Pallotta
December 19th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Letting you know I've finally put in an appearance. Larry
Hi Larry,
Merry Christmas!

Anne Patrick
December 19th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Yay! Larry's here.

LarryH
December 19th, 2011, 10:23 PM
I've read Loyalty's Web too and really liked it. She has a knack for that time period and as I recall she studied in college that era.

Gail Pallotta
December 19th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Oh, that sounds awesome. Maybe I should add that to my list this year. I'm trying so hard to be good, but I just can't stay out of the cookies.
Oh yeah. That pie's delicious. I shared some with my neighbor who broke her hip. (She's doing much better now).

Gail Pallotta
December 19th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Should we do some Christmas memories?

DanielleThorne
December 19th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Hi Larry! Wonderful to see you here.

EAWest
December 19th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Hey, everyone! Looks like the party is hopping!

LarryH
I think I was 8 or 9 when I got my Lionel Electric Train for Christmas. Would you believe I still have it? So many neat attachments, a crossing gate, enough track for a figure eight and included switches where you could send the train on a different track, a beacon light, railroad station, bell that rang when the train ran over the attachment on the rail and the list goes on. I should get it out and set it up for a grandson. Of course secretly I'd like to play again too.

Anne Patrick
Let's do. Or some recipes.

Anne Patrick
December 19th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Oh I love train sets. I was always so jealous of my brothers. They always got the coolest toys. I didn't much like playing with dolls. Go figure :)

DanielleThorne
Should we do some Christmas memories?

...the year we woke up to Christmas presents covering the entire living room for me and three of my siblings. We never had a lot of money growing up, before or after that, but I'll never forget the sight of that room. Later I found out my step-dad had used some inheritance money. To do all that for us... I remember I got a big fat doll with hair that you could make grow long by pulling it out of her head. haha!...and for some reason I remember my sister's gifts that I coveted! A make-up Barbie head and an Easy Bake Oven.

CindyDragonfly
Yes, Christmas is such a happy time. It is bad for anyone who is ill.
I hope your son will be much better soon.
Thanks, Gail. I hope he will be better soon too. He's missing the fun stuff at school.

http://3861406687877016530-a-1802744773732722657-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/cadragonfly/home/small%20dragonfly-blue.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cph8YdVDU_nbcXFYZT5LvpmVL wY4GnHxh6Byi0DvhbTC8jG_V9NW1W_X9-QnItuL3KP9XxONfGKxvNa8KFIMAQuuoj-ALaAej3BEFyLW8NqhqcKhJntcjlfBBHOUbMpEGgR2bm3WKPexL zeczSvY7emNvjs0qvdQ-DgEKM2XQztlC4HoxqczPGpmg1rLlQb8cvDAMLNYtYrzr9quHdy 7mScTAxy1w%3D%3D&attredirects=0

DanielleThorne
December 19th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Oh I love train sets. I was always so jealous of my brothers. They always got the coolest toys. I didn't much like playing with dolls. Go figure :)

Funny, Anne! I always wanted the Star Wars action figures that my brothers got. How I loved Han Solo and his Millinieum (sp) Falcon.

Gail Pallotta
December 19th, 2011, 10:34 PM
...the year we woke up to Christmas presents covering the entire living room for me and three of my siblings. We never had a lot of money growing up, before or after that, but I'll never forget the sight of that room. Later I found out my step-dad had used some inheritance money. To do all that for us... I remember I got a big fat doll with hair that you could make grow long by pulling it out of her head. haha!...and for some reason I remember my sister's gifts that I coveted! A make-up Barbie head and an Easy Bake Oven.
That sounds fun! It makes me think of the year I got a little stove that baked real biscuits.

Anne Patrick
December 19th, 2011, 10:34 PM
(okay, so it's an exaggeration, but it's still really...really good!) I fix this every Christmas and there is never any leftovers.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Yellow cake mix<o:p></o:p>

Large can pineapple w/juice<o:p></o:p>

1 cup sugar<o:p></o:p>

1 sm pkg instant vanilla pudding<o:p></o:p>

1 large carton cool whip<o:p></o:p>

1 cup of coconut<o:p></o:p>

1 cup of walnuts<o:p></o:p>

Bake cake as directed, while cake is baking simmer pineapple juice and sugar. Once the cake is done baking, poke holes in it and pour mixture over cake. Fold your pudding, cool whip and coconut together and spread over the cake, sprinkle on the nuts, then chill. Best if refrigerated overnight.<o:p></o:p>

DanielleThorne
December 19th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Larry, that is so cool. I can't believe you still have it .That's awesome. I've thought about getting trains for my youngest now that he's getting old enough for models. He and his dad would have some good times with that.

Danielle

I think I was 8 or 9 when I got my Lionel Electric Train for Christmas. Would you believe I still have it? So many neat attachments, a crossing gate, enough track for a figure eight and included switches where you could send the train on a different track, a beacon light, railroad station, bell that rang when the train ran over the attachment on the rail and the list goes on. I should get it out and set it up for a grandson. Of course secretly I'd like to play again too.

CindyDragonfly
Hi Cindy! Glad you could make it. Sorry to hear about your son, and your dog.
Hi Anne,
Thanks for the well wishes.

http://3861406687877016530-a-1802744773732722657-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/cadragonfly/home/small%20dragonfly-blue.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cph8YdVDU_nbcXFYZT5LvpmVL wY4GnHxh6Byi0DvhbTC8jG_V9NW1W_X9-QnItuL3KP9XxONfGKxvNa8KFIMAQuuoj-ALaAej3BEFyLW8NqhqcKhJntcjlfBBHOUbMpEGgR2bm3WKPexL zeczSvY7emNvjs0qvdQ-DgEKM2XQztlC4HoxqczPGpmg1rLlQb8cvDAMLNYtYrzr9quHdy 7mScTAxy1w%3D%3D&attredirects=0

EAWest

Sounds fun, Larry! I'm sure your grandson would love it.

One Christmas when I was a child (I don't recall what age), I got a model train set. I loved setting up the track and sending the train around and around. I think the set is still around somewhere. Maybe I'll look for it and have my niece and nephew help me set it up. :)

LarryH
This was back in the 1940s when Bedford, IN had a store they called The Fair Store. It was located in an upstairs room in downtown Bedford. That was a cool store. They had all kinds of neat toys but the outstanding part were the trains. Oh, to go back there and visit a store in those old days again. Anne, if you lived near me I'd let you play with my old train and all the neat cars it had.

Gail Pallotta
I didn't play with dolls a lot either. I made up stuff with things we had around the house. I once had a caterpillar hospital. Not a single one of them made it.

DanielleThorne
December 19th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Sounds delicious. I'm going to have to steal. I love any kind of cake with pineapple.

(okay, so it's an exaggeration, but it's still really...really good!) I fix this every Christmas and there is never any leftovers.<!--?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /--><o:p></o>
Yellow cake mix<o:p></o>
Large can pineapple w/juice<o:p></o>
1 cup sugar<o:p></o>
1 sm pkg instant vanilla pudding<o:p></o>
1 large carton cool whip<o:p></o>
1 cup of coconut<o:p></o>
1 cup of walnuts<o:p></o>
Bake cake as directed, while cake is baking simmer pineapple juice and sugar. Once the cake is done baking, poke holes in it and pour mixture over cake. Fold your pudding, cool whip and coconut together and spread over the cake, sprinkle on the nuts, then chill. Best if refrigerated overnight.<o:p></o>

Anne Patrick
December 19th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Oh yeah! My fav Christmas gift was a chemistry set. I got into so much trouble with that thing :0

Gail Pallotta
December 19th, 2011, 10:37 PM

One Christmas when I was a child (I don't recall what age), I got a model train set. I loved setting up the track and sending the train around and around. I think the set is still around somewhere. Maybe I'll look for it and have my niece and nephew help me set it up. :)
I bet your niece and nephew would love that!

DanielleThorne
December 19th, 2011, 10:37 PM
I didn't play with dolls a lot either. I made up stuff with things we had around the house. I once had a caterpillar hospital. Not a single one of them made it.

Hahahaha! That is so cute.

Anne Patrick
December 19th, 2011, 10:38 PM
That's funny! Remember the Operation game. I was terrible at that.

EAWest
I always wanted the Star Wars action figures that my brothers got. How I loved Han Solo and his Millinieum (sp) Falcon.

My brother had a Jabba the Hut figure I played with when he wasn't looking. :yes:

DanielleThorne
It amazes me what train enthusiasts can do with the set ups and tunnels and all that. I love looking at displays at the museums.

Gail Pallotta
Sounds delicious. I'm going to have to steal. I love any kind of cake with pineapple.
That sounds delicious! I love pineapple.

DanielleThorne
December 19th, 2011, 10:39 PM
My brother had a Jabba the Hut figure I played with when he wasn't looking. :yes:

He was a nasty one. Probably my favorite villain. Boba Fett was pretty cool. ;)

LarryH
December 19th, 2011, 10:40 PM
I got one of those too. That hung on because I went to college and took it as a major. Yes, you could get into trouble with it making hydrogen sulfide. The older sets had chemicals where you could make gun powder, burn the sulfur, and other things.

DanielleThorne
December 19th, 2011, 10:40 PM

I'm STILL Terrible at that. My kids have that game for Wii and it's like impossible!

CindyDragonfly
December 19th, 2011, 10:42 PM
That sounds good. I'm diabetic and can't eat too many sweets. I eat lots of protein. Here's a recipe:
Little Smokey Appetizers

1 pkg Beef Lit'l Smokies
1 pound thick sliced bacon (each piece cut into thirds)
brown sugar

Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Place wire cooling rack over cookie sheet with foil.
Wrap Lit'l Smokie in 1/3 strip of bacon. Roll in brown sugar. Place on cooling rack so fat will drip off. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until you like the color of the bacon.

Very, very good treat.

Anne Patrick
December 19th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Yep, I made the gun powder before. Blew up my brothers army fort once :)

EAWest
December 19th, 2011, 10:43 PM

I learned to love the buzz when you touched the sides. Made the game much more fun than thinking I lost all the time.

DanielleThorne
December 19th, 2011, 10:44 PM
I dearly LOVE these GREEN cookies. Found this recipe just a few weeks ago and I am making them for the third time this week. They are awesome and so pretty!

<!--><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:RelyOnVML/> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" Name="Normal (Web)"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]--> CRANBERRY PISTACHIO COOKIES
[I]This year's favorite cookie was a hit at our annual Cookie Exchange. I suggest adding white chocolate chips to this Betty Crocker web recipe.
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) sugar cookie mix
1 box (4-serving size) pistachio instant pudding and pie filling mix
1/4 all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 eggs
1 cup dry-roasted salted pistachio nuts, chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
Blend the first three ingredients. Stir in butter and eggs. Fold in nuts and cranberries. Lightly grease cookie sheet and drop dough by teaspoons. Press flat if desired. Bake at 350 for 7-8 minutes. Let cookies cool 2 minutes before removing from sheet.
Original recipe:
http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/cran-pistachio-cookies/e36c24c7-851f-4785-8a9e-13672ef9d97c

EAWest
December 19th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Little Smokey Appetizers

1 pkg Beef Lit'l Smokies
1 pound thick sliced bacon (each piece cut into thirds)
brown sugar

Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Place wire cooling rack over cookie sheet with foil.
Wrap Lit'l Smokie in 1/3 strip of bacon. Roll in brown sugar. Place on cooling rack so fat will drip off. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until you like the color of the bacon.

Ooh, this sounds yummy! I'll have to share this one with my family.

DanielleThorne

Bwa hahahaha. Anne, you are a force to be reckoned with.

Anne Patrick
If there are any lurkers out there, be sure to join in our chat for a chance to win one of our prizes and to be entered into our grand prize drawing worth over $50.

DanielleThorne
December 19th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Ooh, this sounds yummy! I'll have to share this one with my family.

I agree, EA. Those sound delicious!

Anne Patrick
December 19th, 2011, 10:46 PM
These sound awesome. I'll have to give um a try.

Gail Pallotta
December 19th, 2011, 10:48 PM
French Green Bean and Mushroom casserole
1 large onion, chopped -- 1/4 lb. butter -- 2can French cut green beans -- 1 small can parmesan cheese -- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup --1 5oz can mushrooms 1/4 cup cooking sherry. salt and pepper. ! can French fried onion rings
Saute onion in butter ( I use oil and much less than 1/4 lb) Heat beans, drain, Add half cheese to bean while hot, mix together. Mix soup, mushrooms, liquid, sherry and onion in separate bowl. Add to beans. Salt and pepper. Pour in greased casserole, arrange onion rings on top. Sprinkle remaining cheese and bake at 350 degtrees for 35 - 40 minutes. Serves 10 - 12.

Gail Pallotta
December 19th, 2011, 10:49 PM
LOL. Anne, you're too much.

LarryH
December 19th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Zack Thompson is in love with Gloria Garner. The year is 1949 when romance was simple. Think of basketball queens, roller skating, old radio programs, memograph machines, stencils, typewriters and a senior boy who still rode a bicycle often instead of drive a car. Zack thinks he's not good enough looking to win Gloria's attention. Gloria dates the sports heroes since she's the basketball queen for the fourth year in a row in high school. She really wants to go out with Zack but he must pass the test of her mother giving him permisson. She refuses because he's no good at sports. Will she change her mind?

Gail Pallotta
December 19th, 2011, 10:51 PM
I dearly LOVE these GREEN cookies. Found this recipe just a few weeks ago and I am making them for the third time this week. They are awesome and so pretty!

<!--><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:RelyOnVML/> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" Name="Normal (Web)"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]--> CRANBERRY PISTACHIO COOKIES
[I]This year's favorite cookie was a hit at our annual Cookie Exchange. I suggest adding white chocolate chips to this Betty Crocker web recipe.
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) sugar cookie mix
1 box (4-serving size) pistachio instant pudding and pie filling mix
1/4 all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 eggs
1 cup dry-roasted salted pistachio nuts, chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
Blend the first three ingredients. Stir in butter and eggs. Fold in nuts and cranberries. Lightly grease cookie sheet and drop dough by teaspoons. Press flat if desired. Bake at 350 for 7-8 minutes. Let cookies cool 2 minutes before removing from sheet.
Original recipe:
http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/cran-pistachio-cookies/e36c24c7-851f-4785-8a9e-13672ef9d97c
Oh wow! These sound great and they must look so much like Christmas!

CindyDragonfly
December 19th, 2011, 10:52 PM
My book, Love on Laird Avenue, is set in the fall and ends at Christmas time.
Here's a quick blurb:
Who said it would be easy for Tatum to leave her over-protective father, buy a 1911 bungalow, and start her own business at the same time? When things fall apart, literally, she hires a hunky home restoration specialist named Ryan to come to her rescue. She never dreamed he’d have his own ideas about protecting her...namely sabotaging her dates. http://3861406687877016530-a-1802744773732722657-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/cadragonfly/config/pagetemplates/book-template/Love%20on%20Laird%20Ave%20Cover1.jpg?attachauth=AN oY7coWTsl8I858XPzvMu11WsTICJELMwdoT11xY26jN1Sy7Qsv 72iEipKi9-O0Xo77fLA_z-d6MVZda9l38A7ks98iiCO8_VUIdWyNck8aUVPIw_gfDL2I4Dfe m7G5cHXTc_GfQzFb5M4VKqrEKeBCutkD89Y6voJRrNQHn9u-uOt0NN9_oerKsm9keqqlQmiotQdGQqAT5tHr6m5RZJJCxsomL2 5o15srd1W0iBj9ByseyuiFXEdHAhi8T9IKofpGLk1LMsNib-Ejq2gRG4vXVSxqstxl0A%3D%3D&attredirects=0

Gail Pallotta
December 19th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Zack Thompson is in love with Gloria Garner. The year is 1949 when romance was simple. Think of basketball queens, roller skating, old radio programs, memograph machines, stencils, typewriters and a senior boy who still rode a bicycle often instead of drive a car. Zack thinks he's not good enough looking to win Gloria's attention. Gloria dates the sports heroes since she's the basketball queen for the fourth year in a row in high school. She really wants to go out with Zack but he must pass the test of her mother giving him permisson. She refuses because he's no good at sports. Will she change her mind?
That sounds really good, Larry.

Anne Patrick
December 19th, 2011, 10:54 PM
This sounds great, Larry!

LarryH
December 19th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Thank you Gail. Cindy, I've had in mind to write a short story in that time period.

Gail Pallotta
December 19th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Here's a quick blurb:
Who said it would be easy for Tatum to leave her over-protective father, buy a 1911 bungalow, and start her own business at the same time? When things fall apart, literally, she hires a hunky home restoration specialist named Ryan to come to her rescue. She never dreamed he’d have his own ideas about protecting her...namely sabotaging her dates. http://3861406687877016530-a-1802744773732722657-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/cadragonfly/config/pagetemplates/book-template/Love%20on%20Laird%20Ave%20Cover1.jpg?attachauth=AN oY7coWTsl8I858XPzvMu11WsTICJELMwdoT11xY26jN1Sy7Qsv 72iEipKi9-O0Xo77fLA_z-d6MVZda9l38A7ks98iiCO8_VUIdWyNck8aUVPIw_gfDL2I4Dfe m7G5cHXTc_GfQzFb5M4VKqrEKeBCutkD89Y6voJRrNQHn9u-uOt0NN9_oerKsm9keqqlQmiotQdGQqAT5tHr6m5RZJJCxsomL2 5o15srd1W0iBj9ByseyuiFXEdHAhi8T9IKofpGLk1LMsNib-Ejq2gRG4vXVSxqstxl0A%3D%3D&attredirects=0
This sounds like an interesting romance with certain conflict.

CindyDragonfly
I like the 1950s setting. Your books sound great!

EAWest
Larry and Cindy, your stories sound great! There's nothing like sweet romance to warm the heart.

DanielleThorne
December 19th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Love it! This sounds charming!

Here's a quick blurb:

Gail Pallotta
December 19th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Thank you Gail. Cindy, I've had in mind to write a short story in that time period.
I think that would be a good time period. In the hectic paces we keep, it would be nice to go back to something more simple. I love the idea of the roller skating, sock hops, etc.

CindyDragonfly
December 19th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Thanks, Danielle. Love on Laird is one of my most popular books.

DanielleThorne
December 19th, 2011, 11:01 PM
I think that would be a good time period. In the hectic paces we keep, it would be nice to go back to something more simple. I love the idea of the roller skating, sock hops, etc.

And Modern Historicals are really in demand right now. I've edited several.

Anne Patrick
Anyone have any they want to share. Anyone joining in the chat is eligible to win one of our prizes and to be entered into the grand prize drawing at the end of our chat. Don't be shy, jump on in with us! Favorite recipes are welcome too!

Gail Pallotta
Hi E. A.,
Merry Christmas!

Gail Pallotta
December 19th, 2011, 11:02 PM
And Modern Historicals are really in demand right now. I've edited several.
That's good to know, Danielle.

EAWest
December 19th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Hi E. A.,
Merry Christmas!

Thanks, Gail! Merry Christmas to you, too. :)

DanielleThorne
December 19th, 2011, 11:07 PM
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:RelyOnVML/> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" Name="Normal (Web)"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:justify; text-indent:.5in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";} </style> <![endif]--> BY HEART AND COMPASS
Danielle Thorne
www.daniellethorne.com

When Lacey Whitman buys a restored Victorian home, she never dreams discovering an antique diary will lead her back to sea and into the arms of the dive bum she’d rather forget. Her habit of living in the past comes to a screeching halt as diver Max Bertrand and the diary of his ancestor take Lacey on the quest of a lifetime: To discover and raise the privateer ship, Specter, and bring the treasure and legacy of a true hero home again. But will finding it cost her heart?

EXCERPT:
Sitting outside, one of the divers looked busy replacing the o-ring on a scuba tank.

"I'm looking for Max?"

The long haired employee didn't bother to stand, much less look up.

"So?"

"I'm Lacey Whitman, and I'm looking for the Max that owns the museum."

"You call that worthless shack a museum?"

Dumbfounded, Lacey couldn't think of any reply.

"What do you want?"

"I'm looking for Max," she repeated, feeling a flash of impatience. "I have some papers for him."

"Warrant, restraining order, or paternity test?"

After a pause in which she realized he was serious, she replied in frustration, "I have some research for the Bertrand family and someone at the museum told me to come down here."

Lacey caught herself biting her lip.

Finally, the man of absolutely no assistance put down the tank and stood up. Short and compact, he had amazing turquoise eyes that glowed from a dark, tanned complexion. Loose strands of sun-kissed brown hair blew about his face in the breeze.

"Max doesn't need anymore paperwork. He doesn't want to see your research, and he is not giving dive lessons."

"I didn't ask for a dive lesson."

The diver sat back down again, crossing thick tattooed arms over himself. They stared one another down until he won. It was cheating to look her over as if she was a sweet little morsel, but it worked.

"I just want to talk to Max," she demanded.

He stared back with no expression. "You just did. Now get off my beach."

Lacey's cheeks were already flushed from getting the once over by this beach bum. His insult made her red all over.

"I'll be sure to let them know at the Bertrand Museum," she threatened, as if it mattered.

She turned on her heel and stalked off but he called after her, "Lady, I am the Bertrand Museum!"

BUY NOW AMAZON: http://www.amazon.com/By-Heart-and-Compass-ebook/dp/B003U8AFIG/ref=sr_1_10?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1280802562&sr=1-10

BUY NOW PUBLISHER: http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-96/By-Heart-and-Compass/Detail.bok

reluvbe
December 19th, 2011, 11:08 PM
I guess the best Christmas Memories for me are just that we always had some of our great family time of the year during Christmas. With all of the cooking, baking and relatives, it was always my happiest time of year.

Anne Patrick
December 19th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Anyone want to share a blurb and short excerpt, go right ahead.

LarryH
December 19th, 2011, 11:10 PM
I actually won a blue ribbon in the local fair back in 1974 I believe it was. I must give Betty Crocker credit too.
2.5 cups warm water (125-130)
add: 4T margarine
4tsp salt
4T syrup, honey or brown sugar
mix dry 2 cups whole wheat flour
4 cups gold medal flour
Take one third of flour mix and mix 2 pkg acive dry yeast.
Add water mixture to this and beat 2 min.
Add remaining flour and beat.
Let raise in warm place 30-40 min. or until doubled.
Beat 25 strokes, divide into 2 grease pans.
Pan size 8.5x4.5x2.75 inch or 9x5x3 inch.
Let raise to top of pan or 30 min.
Preheat oven to 375F. Bake 40 min. or until done. I use a toothpick to check for wet dough.

CindyDragonfly
I'd like to give away a PDF copy of Love on Laird Avenue tonight!
Here's a recipe to enjoy too:
Cream Cheese Squares
2 (8 ounce) cans crescent roll dough
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x13 pan.
Press one can of crescent rolls in the bottom of greased pan. In medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Spread over dough. Unroll the second can of crescent rolls and lay them on top of the cream cheese layer. Do not press down. Pour the melted butter over the entire pan. Combine the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on top.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.

Anne Patrick
Hi Reluvbe! I agree, time spent with family and friends is the greatest part of Christmas. Do you have a large family?

Gail Pallotta
I guess the best Christmas Memories for me are just that we always had some of our great family time of the year during Christmas. With all of the cooking, baking and relatives, it was always my happiest time of year.
Yes, those are the memories we hold dear. I recall those too. Way back when...my cousin and I used to sit on the fireplace and crack the pecans for the cakes and pies. That's before they came already shelled in bags.

CindyDragonfly
December 19th, 2011, 11:11 PM
I love homemade bread especially whole wheat!!

EAWest
December 19th, 2011, 11:11 PM
One of my favorite Christmas memories is from when I was six. My aunt and uncle had recently adopted an eight-year-old girl from China (my only girl cousin on that side of the family!) and we quickly became best friends. On Christmas morning, my cousin and I opened our presents and discovered we each had a doll that looked like our favorite cousin (we girls had to stick together in the midst of five boys). We were amazed at how awesome our moms were and had so much fun playing with our dolls together all day.

Anne Patrick
December 19th, 2011, 11:12 PM
Cool. Anytime you want to draw for it, go ahead. We still have an hour or so before the grandprize drawing.

Gail Pallotta
December 19th, 2011, 11:13 PM
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:RelyOnVML/> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" Name="Normal (Web)"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:justify; text-indent:.5in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";} </style> <![endif]--> BY HEART AND COMPASS
Danielle Thorne
www.daniellethorne.com

When Lacey Whitman buys a restored Victorian home, she never dreams discovering an antique diary will lead her back to sea and into the arms of the dive bum she’d rather forget. Her habit of living in the past comes to a screeching halt as diver Max Bertrand and the diary of his ancestor take Lacey on the quest of a lifetime: To discover and raise the privateer ship, Specter, and bring the treasure and legacy of a true hero home again. But will finding it cost her heart?

EXCERPT:
Sitting outside, one of the divers looked busy replacing the o-ring on a scuba tank.

"I'm looking for Max?"

The long haired employee didn't bother to stand, much less look up.

"So?"

"I'm Lacey Whitman, and I'm looking for the Max that owns the museum."

"You call that worthless shack a museum?"

Dumbfounded, Lacey couldn't think of any reply.

"What do you want?"

"I'm looking for Max," she repeated, feeling a flash of impatience. "I have some papers for him."

"Warrant, restraining order, or paternity test?"

After a pause in which she realized he was serious, she replied in frustration, "I have some research for the Bertrand family and someone at the museum told me to come down here."

Lacey caught herself biting her lip.

Finally, the man of absolutely no assistance put down the tank and stood up. Short and compact, he had amazing turquoise eyes that glowed from a dark, tanned complexion. Loose strands of sun-kissed brown hair blew about his face in the breeze.

"Max doesn't need anymore paperwork. He doesn't want to see your research, and he is not giving dive lessons."

"I didn't ask for a dive lesson."

The diver sat back down again, crossing thick tattooed arms over himself. They stared one another down until he won. It was cheating to look her over as if she was a sweet little morsel, but it worked.

"I just want to talk to Max," she demanded.

He stared back with no expression. "You just did. Now get off my beach."

Lacey's cheeks were already flushed from getting the once over by this beach bum. His insult made her red all over.

"I'll be sure to let them know at the Bertrand Museum," she threatened, as if it mattered.

She turned on her heel and stalked off but he called after her, "Lady, I am the Bertrand Museum!"

BUY NOW AMAZON: http://www.amazon.com/By-Heart-and-Compass-ebook/dp/B003U8AFIG/ref=sr_1_10?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1280802562&sr=1-10

BUY NOW PUBLISHER: http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-96/By-Heart-and-Compass/Detail.bok
Love the excerpt. By Heart and Compass is on my TBR list. I enjoyed Turtle Soup so much. I can't wait to get started on this one.

DanielleThorne
December 19th, 2011, 11:13 PM
One of my favorite Christmas memories is from when I was six. My aunt and uncle had recently adopted an eight-year-old girl from China (my only girl cousin on that side of the family!) and we quickly became best friends. On Christmas morning, my cousin and I opened our presents and discovered we each had a doll that looked like our favorite cousin (we girls had to stick together in the midst of five boys). We were amazed at how awesome our moms were and had so much fun playing with our dolls together all day.

Love your story, EA. I grew up with many Laotian friends as my family sponsored a refugee family from Asia when I was eight. I've always wanted to adopt a little girl because we have all boys...wish I could have.

EAWest
December 19th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Danielle Thorne
www.daniellethorne.com (http://www.daniellethorne.com)

Oh, I loved this book! It's such an awesome story, and I fell in love with Max.

Gail Pallotta
Aww, what a great memory.

reluvbe
It seemed like we had a large family then, with aunts and uncles and cousins, etc. Not many left today and they rest are spread around the country. I still try to do the baking and cooking with my own kids, though, just to keep the tradition alive.

DanielleThorne
I love homemade bread especially whole wheat!!

I wish I could make homemade bread by hand, not a bread maker. I've tried and tried...but yum! You must be so talented!

Gail Pallotta
December 19th, 2011, 11:15 PM
It seemed like we had a large family then, with aunts and uncles and cousins, etc. Not many left today and they rest are spread around the country. I still try to do the baking and cooking with my own kids, though, just to keep the tradition alive.
Yes, it's great to hand those things down. I know what you mean. There are fewer of us, and none of the extended family lives in the same place. Signs of the times, I think.

EAWest
December 19th, 2011, 11:15 PM
I actually won a blue ribbon in the local fair back in 1974 I believe it was. I must give Betty Crocker credit too.
2.5 cups warm water (125-130)
add: 4T margarine
4tsp salt
4T syrup, honey or brown sugar
mix dry 2 cups whole wheat flour
4 cups gold medal flour
Take one third of flour mix and mix 2 pkg acive dry yeast.
Add water mixture to this and beat 2 min.
Add remaining flour and beat.
Let raise in warm place 30-40 min. or until doubled.
Beat 25 strokes, divide into 2 grease pans.
Pan size 8.5x4.5x2.75 inch or 9x5x3 inch.
Let raise to top of pan or 30 min.
Preheat oven to 375F. Bake 40 min. or until done. I use a toothpick to check for wet dough.

This sounds great, Larry! I love baking bread! There's nothing like filling the whole house with the deliciously warm scent of baking bread.

DanielleThorne
December 19th, 2011, 11:16 PM
I think cooking is an important tradition we are losing in this day and age. Good for you! It's so important we teach our children to cook...not microwave, hahaha.

EAWest
December 19th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Cream Cheese Squares
2 (8 ounce) cans crescent roll dough
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x13 pan.
Press one can of crescent rolls in the bottom of greased pan. In medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Spread over dough. Unroll the second can of crescent rolls and lay them on top of the cream cheese layer. Do not press down. Pour the melted butter over the entire pan. Combine the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on top.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.

Ooh, another yummy recipe I must try out! Thanks for sharing, Cindy!

reluvbe
Of course, I'll be honest, none of my baking or cooking ever turns out as great as my grandmothers or my fathers, but we keep trying.

Anne Patrick

That's great. One of my foundest memories are centered around Christmas. I never was much good at the cooking and baking but I was a great tester. Especially with desserts :).

LarryH
December 19th, 2011, 11:18 PM
"Gloria tells me you want to take her on a date," she said. "Yes, Mrs. Garner, I would like to take Gloria roller skating Saturday evening." Zack swallowed, revealing his fear of the moment. "I don’t believe you are in sports, are you?" Mrs. Garner asked. Gloria had a look of resignation, but Zack could tell she seemed ready to overcome that as she crossed her arms, waiting for an opening. "No. I was unable to make any of the teams." "We want Gloria to date our best athletes. She’s been basketball queen throughout high school, so it’s only fitting that she dates them," her mother said. "Correction, dear. You want Gloria to date them." That comment earned Mr. Garner a glare from his wife. "Zack’s our top science student," Gloria said. "Sports are more visible to everyone, not academics," said her mother. "Zack is an excellent chess player. No one in this part of the state can beat him," Gloria added. "Actually, I can’t beat Olga," Zack said, glad that he could say something at last. "Olga?" Gloria asked. "She’s the Russian girl who moved to our rival school, Tri-County High, about two years ago. She’s grand master status." "No matter. Chess is another thing that’s not noticeable, just like academics. I’m sorry, Zack. Gloria is booked up dating our athletes. I’m afraid you won’t be able to date her." The way Gloria’s mother stated it left no room for negotiations. "I want to go out with Zack. In fact, I’m not going out with Jake, Ron or Tom anymore," Gloria said. That made Zack feel good, but she had been right about her mother being a big obstacle. "And just why don’t you want to go with them anymore?"
"I don’t like them, and I like Zack." "Zack’s not even good-looking. You should date a handsome boy," said her mother. Well, Zack thought, that verifies my own opinion of myself. "I’m not going with any of those three anymore." Gloria raised her voice this time. "Just why not?" her mother demanded. "I’d rather not say." "Tell me!" "All right. They can’t keep their hands to themselves," Gloria said, her face turning red. "I don’t believe those boys would do that." "Well, they try. There’s another girl at school who says the same thing." "Gloria’s word is good enough for me. Sweetheart, you don’t have to date those guys anymore," said her father. "You stay out of this!" Gloria’s mother shouted angrily, pointing in wild emphasis at her husband. He shrank a little, and Zack had had enough. The discussion had taken its toll on him. "Please, I didn’t mean to cause a problem. I’ll just leave," Zack said, almost in tears, his voice quivering. He got his coat and headed for the door. Gloria followed. "Zack, please don’t go," she said. "I’m so sorry, Gloria, that I’ve caused this trouble for you." "Mom, how could you be so mean to Zack? He’s never hurt anyone!" Gloria glared at her mother, then turned and followed Zack out to the front porch. Once outside, she took Zack’s hand. "I’m sorry, Zack. I feel so helpless." "I...I’ll see you at school tomorrow. Let’s try to put tonight out of our minds," Zack said. He squeezed Gloria’s hand and met her gaze briefly before he left. He felt ready to cry. ****

Gail Pallotta
December 19th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Love Turns the Tide
Cammie O’Shea suffers a traumatic split-up with her fiancé. At the same time a new job in Destin, Florida, calls her away from family and friends. Alone, her spirit broken, she hardly has the heart to meet her boss, Bill Collins, editor of The Sun Dial, let alone deal with the dynamic Vic Delona, a real estate developer. Yet her job and the success of the paper hinge on her writing a successful article about Vic and his new development. While she wants no new relationships he thwarts her efforts to complete the assignment, arranges extra meetings and attempts to court her. She resists his advances. But mysterious break-ins occur at Cammie and her friend’s condos. When Cammie and Vic launch their own investigation into the vandalism, Cammie grows close to him. In the midst of the confusion she gets an opportunity to return home to her old job. Will Vic solve the crimes and win Cammie’s heart or will she leave Destin?
Excerpt
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> <o:p></o:p>
Cammie opened up the food and called out, “Here, ducky, ducky, ducky,” into the still, quiet night. She and Vic tore six slices of the ducks’ treats into small bites, throwing them over the rail without talking.<o:p></o:p>
Immediately Cammie heard, “Quack, quack, honk, honk.”<o:p></o:p>
“I believe there are Canadian geese out there,” Vic said.<o:p></o:p>
“Oh yes, you know how those snow birds like to come south. I think they got here, loved Destin as much as I do, and didn’t want to go home.” She couldn’t believe her own words. Had she hidden her true feelings about Destin somewhere in her heart only to have them surface suddenly when she wasn’t expecting it?<o:p></o:p>
Vic took hold of her shoulders with both of his strong hands, gently turned her toward him. “Do you really like it, Cammie?” His eyes looked wistful, his face bathed in the fountain’s pink, blue, and yellow colors.<o:p></o:p>
“Yes, I’m enjoying living here much more than I thought I would.” Cammie pulled free, tore up several more slices of bread, and tossed them over the gray weathered rail. “I had to move to Destin on such short notice. I’d never even visited here and had no time to find out anything about the place before I arrived.” She almost told him she’d had to hurry down here to interview him, but she thought better of that. “Needless to say, I begrudged the change at first, but not now.”<o:p></o:p>
“I hope I’m part of the reason you like it here.”<o:p></o:p>
Cammie stumbled for the right words. “Uh yes, I’m sure you are.”<o:p></o:p>
“What kind of statement is that? Am I, or am I not, part of the reason you like Destin? Small angry furrows creased Vic’s handsome high brow.<o:p></o:p>
Cammie stopped tearing up the bread slice she held in her right hand. “Do you want an honest answer?”<o:p></o:p>
“Please.”<o:p></o:p>
“Sometimes you are, but other times you aren’t.”<o:p></o:p>
“That’s not much better. Would you mind giving me a ‘yes’ or ‘no?’”<o:p></o:p>
“Yes, I mind. Listen to the quacking. The ducks are hungry.”<o:p></o:p>
“They’re going to explode. You’ve fed them nearly a whole loaf of bread.”<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
</o:p>

Gail Pallotta
December 19th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Of course, I'll be honest, none of my baking or cooking ever turns out as great as my grandmothers or my fathers, but we keep trying.
It's neat that your father cooked too. My great uncle was a good cook.

EAWest
December 19th, 2011, 11:22 PM
That's great. One of my foundest memories are centered around Christmas. I never was much good at the cooking and baking but I was a great tester. Especially with desserts :).

Testing is one of the most important parts of cooking and baking. :)

reluvbe
I'm intrigued by your books, Ms. Patrick. I run the library at my church and I'm always looking for new authors to place in there for my female patrons. I'll have to see if I can find your books in my local bookstore. Would they be suitable for a church library?

Gail Pallotta
Yum. I love anything with cream cheese.

Anne Patrick
December 19th, 2011, 11:23 PM

I know what you mean. I really miss my grandma's cornbread stuffing. Mom could make it pretty good, but not as well as grandma's.

DanielleThorne
December 19th, 2011, 11:25 PM

Yes, Cindy, that sounds awesome! I feel the same way as Gail about cream cheese.

LarryH
December 19th, 2011, 11:25 PM
It is my bedtime here at 10:25 EST so I'm going to sign off at this point. I have enjoyed the chat and thanks for the nice comments. Good luck to everyone on the giveaways. Thanks Anne, for spearheading this chat.

Anne Patrick
December 19th, 2011, 11:26 PM
I'm intrigued by your books, Ms. Patrick. I run the library at my church and I'm always looking for new authors to place in there for my female patrons. I'll have to see if I can find your books in my local bookstore. Would they be suitable for a church library?

Thank you! Yes, all of my books have inpirational themes to them. My print books can be ordered through any bookstore or purchased online at Amazon, Barnes & Noble.

DanielleThorne
December 19th, 2011, 11:27 PM
I'm giving away a $10 Amazon gift card at 10:45. If you're lurking, say Howdy! Everyone who has participated in this chat will be entered.

A Merry Christmas to you From Me!

Anne Patrick
It is my bedtime here at 10:25 EST so I'm going to sign off at this point. I have enjoyed the chat and thanks for the nice comments. Good luck to everyone on the giveaways. Thanks Anne, for spearheading this chat.

Thanks for joining us, Larry!

EAWest

Goodnight, Larry. Have a very merry Christmas!

Gail Pallotta
December 19th, 2011, 11:28 PM
"Gloria tells me you want to take her on a date," she said. "Yes, Mrs. Garner, I would like to take Gloria roller skating Saturday evening." Zack swallowed, revealing his fear of the moment. "I don’t believe you are in sports, are you?" Mrs. Garner asked. Gloria had a look of resignation, but Zack could tell she seemed ready to overcome that as she crossed her arms, waiting for an opening. "No. I was unable to make any of the teams." "We want Gloria to date our best athletes. She’s been basketball queen throughout high school, so it’s only fitting that she dates them," her mother said. "Correction, dear. You want Gloria to date them." That comment earned Mr. Garner a glare from his wife. "Zack’s our top science student," Gloria said. "Sports are more visible to everyone, not academics," said her mother. "Zack is an excellent chess player. No one in this part of the state can beat him," Gloria added. "Actually, I can’t beat Olga," Zack said, glad that he could say something at last. "Olga?" Gloria asked. "She’s the Russian girl who moved to our rival school, Tri-County High, about two years ago. She’s grand master status." "No matter. Chess is another thing that’s not noticeable, just like academics. I’m sorry, Zack. Gloria is booked up dating our athletes. I’m afraid you won’t be able to date her." The way Gloria’s mother stated it left no room for negotiations. "I want to go out with Zack. In fact, I’m not going out with Jake, Ron or Tom anymore," Gloria said. That made Zack feel good, but she had been right about her mother being a big obstacle. "And just why don’t you want to go with them anymore?"
"I don’t like them, and I like Zack." "Zack’s not even good-looking. You should date a handsome boy," said her mother. Well, Zack thought, that verifies my own opinion of myself. "I’m not going with any of those three anymore." Gloria raised her voice this time. "Just why not?" her mother demanded. "I’d rather not say." "Tell me!" "All right. They can’t keep their hands to themselves," Gloria said, her face turning red. "I don’t believe those boys would do that." "Well, they try. There’s another girl at school who says the same thing." "Gloria’s word is good enough for me. Sweetheart, you don’t have to date those guys anymore," said her father. "You stay out of this!" Gloria’s mother shouted angrily, pointing in wild emphasis at her husband. He shrank a little, and Zack had had enough. The discussion had taken its toll on him. "Please, I didn’t mean to cause a problem. I’ll just leave," Zack said, almost in tears, his voice quivering. He got his coat and headed for the door. Gloria followed. "Zack, please don’t go," she said. "I’m so sorry, Gloria, that I’ve caused this trouble for you." "Mom, how could you be so mean to Zack? He’s never hurt anyone!" Gloria glared at her mother, then turned and followed Zack out to the front porch. Once outside, she took Zack’s hand. "I’m sorry, Zack. I feel so helpless." "I...I’ll see you at school tomorrow. Let’s try to put tonight out of our minds," Zack said. He squeezed Gloria’s hand and met her gaze briefly before he left. He felt ready to cry. ****

Wow! Definitely a dilemma. Sounds good and a good way to point out that we all have different talents!

CindyDragonfly
December 19th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Well, everyone:
I'm sorry to leave so soon, but we are having complications. Our dog just had another severe seizure, his third today. He hasn't eaten all day and we need to rush him to the pet emergency. I still want to give away a copy of Love on Laird Avenue. I'll send it tomorrow when Anne decides winners!
Thanks, everyone, and Happy Holidays.

Anne Patrick
December 19th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Yum. I love anything with cream cheese.

Oh, me too!

Anne Patrick
December 19th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Well, everyone:
I'm sorry to leave so soon, but we are having complications. Our dog just had another severe seizure, his third today. He hasn't eaten all day and we need to rush him to the pet emergency. I still want to give away a copy of Love on Laird Avenue. I'll send it tomorrow when Anne decides winners!

Fly into a good book at: www.dragonflyromance.com (http://www.dragonflyromance.com)

Thanks for joining us, Cindy. Hope your dog is okay.

DanielleThorne
Best of luck, Cindy. Hope everything calms down....

Well, everyone:

Fly into a good book at: www.dragonflyromance.com (http://www.dragonflyromance.com)

EAWest
Well, everyone:

Poor pup! Hope he gets better soon!

Have a merry Christmas, Cindy!

CindyDragonfly
Caskets and Corruption
Light Contemporary Romantic Suspense
Secret Cravings Publishing

Blurb: Lizzie, a portrait artist of the dead, is looking for adventure amongst the living. But, after discovering a drug operation involving military caskets, she’s chased across the country with Phillip Van Dyke, a stiff-necked funeral director, and her sister’s hairless dog as a stowaway. Can she exhume Phillip’s heart before the drug cartel catches up with them?
http://3861406687877016530-a-1802744773732722657-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/cadragonfly/config/pagetemplates/new-book-page/Caskets_and_Corruption_Cover.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7c osFX33cfi5Yh3t1USulJEHruQEvVkx3Q7YPhA8zynLlIsW9e3w ZRZFTSqHWuJA2IGgxs6RyvQRD560gIQL_Clik1G3PZu4tL4tUP GQ_X50ZRHWs9OCwQsZEdXtvk0xksC1TCunE8lBW7GM-Knjwfu0UzeW-mm4Xn4HMeTlmexb5x9DYQTaa8lK_aWMbTzHjHcosA5KlpgOH94 bDVNa5l3H5xI5ZznkRO6x2rdVnnKHH8BSk1RMZSUkR74sZDAnh uGNqoReBCS8w0GP_dzDOh63IfvA7A%3D%3D&attredirects=0

Gail Pallotta
Goodnight, Cindy. So sorry about the dog.

DanielleThorne
Goodnight, Larry. Have a very merry Christmas!

Goodnight, Larry. Nice chatting with you.

CindyDragonfly
December 19th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Braving the Blaze
Sweet Contemporary Romance

Blurb: A wildfire volunteer is determined to stay single and become a veterinarian. He didn’t count on being assigned a pyrophobic woman or that accidents would follow her like wildfire. Can he keep the flames of desire he reluctantly feels for her under control long enough to keep them and his yellow lab alive?
http://3861406687877016530-a-1802744773732722657-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/cadragonfly/books/braving-the-blaze/Braving%20The%20Blaze_MED.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cp86 qJzCM2NZbIQKZImyEq5gU_9tJ7Mzu4XGVLSMAcn01SIJl53dz7 3XTMuQxoQC1JwUAb8ogF2j2GAhVPjikAnu0IV19PWCVuEJb0N7 4qmXWswjV4uJq2EzOaeasK-xHw1q6ibjDhhGr9Omxf0vVOvpKNzEf59u8YdtgShXwO4QUw1a5 Qp3QgpDL9g8jwrgE8R_AKTU6Rlh0LVgTNRQmFjgmSRwxxbyWIp qja6L1IF0-hgVxQLlDK5ADnIKh8OUdS4iOJ-&attredirects=0

CindyDragonfly
December 19th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Wanted to share that my all three of my books were nominated for the Whitney Awards!! I'm very thrilled, honored and excited.
Take care and stay warm,
Cindy

EAWest
December 19th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Wanted to share that my all three of my books were nominated for the Whitney Awards!! I'm very thrilled, honored and excited.
Take care and stay warm,
Cindy

Congratulations! All three sounds like great stories.

Anne Patrick
December 19th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Kory is a former combat medic. After three tours in Iraq, she returns home suffering from PTSD. That's the least of her problems, though. The same person who murdered her sister now has their sights on Kory. She is also struggling spiritually. The sights and sounds of war have darkened her heart. Kory finds an ally in Sheriff Sean Harding. He's determined to keep her safe, and prove that God never forsakes us. Together, they search for the answers behind her sister's murder as a trained assassin lurks nearby. <O:p

Excerpt <O:p-
The steel door creaked as she pushed it open, the sound echoing throughout the metal building. "Mr. Urlik?" She waited for her eyes to adjust to the change in lighting before stepping all the way inside. A wide stream of light from the door spread out in front of her. "Mr. Urlik. Are you in here?"<O:p

Kory heard a sound a few yards in front of her. She quickly scanned the area. Three rows of huge metal shelves lined the interior. She inched forward, peering around the corner of the second row. Mr. Urlik lay on his side, facing her, clutching his chest. His eyes were opened and his mouth moved, but no sound came out. A heart attack? She ran to him, knelt down on the cement floor, and took his hand. It was wet, slimy. She looked down and saw his hand covered in blood. Her eyes shifted to his chest. A large crimson stain spread across the width of his white shirt from a small hole near the center. He was breathing erratically. Experience told her a bullet had pierced at least one lung and he didn't have much time. She immediately pressed the heel of her right hand against the wound.<O:p

"I'm sorry," he murmured.<O:p

"Where's your cell phone?" Hers was in her backpack but she didn't want to waste valuable time digging it out.<O:p

"No time. Get out."<O:p

"Who did this, Mr. Urlik?"<O:p

He grabbed her right hand and squeezed it tightly. "You were right -- no accident."<O:p

His hand went limp.<O:p

Kory felt something in the palm of her hand, looked down and saw it was a key. She shoved it into her jeans pocket. A whizzing sound buzzed past her, followed by the unmistakable clink of a bullet ricocheting off metal. She instinctively threw herself over his body as another bullet struck metal. Kory felt for a pulse. There was none. She lowered her hand to his chest and felt under both arms and along his waist. I thought all PIs carried guns. Just my luck this one didn't.<O:p

She scrambled to her feet, as more shots ricocheted around her, and dove through an opening on the first row of shelves. A piercing pain sliced through her upper arm as she took cover behind some boxes. They wouldn't shield her from the gunfire but they would conceal her presence while she figured out how she was going to get out of there. She paused long enough to grab her cell phone from her backpack, wishing she hadn't when another bullet tore through a box beside her. She ducked lower to the floor.<O:p

Kory ignored the throbbing in her arm and slithered along the floor toward the back of the building. As a child, she and her sister, Callie, had often accompanied her grandfather to the warehouse where he worked on boats as a hobby. She remembered a back exit that led to the side parking lot and nearby woods. If she could reach the door, she had a chance of getting out of this alive. She looked down at the tear in her shirt, drenched with blood.<O:p

This isn't good!<O:p

Kill Shot can be purchased at most online bookstores or from my publisher – Desert Breeze Publishing: http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-227/Wounded-Heros-Book-One/Detail.bok (http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-227/Wounded-Heros-Book-One/Detail.bok)
<O:p

reluvbe
December 19th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Ms. Christiansen, I'll have to see about your books too. Guess I need to discover all of the authors here and see if they would do well in our church library :)

EAWest
December 19th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Kory is a former combat medic. After three tours in Iraq, she returns home suffering from PTSD. That's the least of her problems, though. The same person who murdered her sister now has their sights on Kory. She is also struggling spiritually. The sights and sounds of war have darkened her heart. Kory finds an ally in Sheriff Sean Harding. He's determined to keep her safe, and prove that God never forsakes us. Together, they search for the answers behind her sister's murder as a trained assassin lurks nearby. <o:p</o
<o:p</o

This one is on my TBR list! I love romantic suspense. :)

Anne Patrick
December 19th, 2011, 11:43 PM
This one is on my TBR list! I love romantic suspense. :)

Thank you, EA! This is the first book in my Wounded Heroes Series. I want to mention that one of the brave souls who helped me on my research returned safely from Afghanistan on Friday. So glad he is home!

EAWest
December 19th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Thank you, EA! This is the first book in my Wounded Heroes Series. I want to mention that one of the brave souls who helped me on my research returned safely from Afghanistan on Friday. So glad he is home!

That's great news!

DanielleThorne
December 19th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Ms. Christiansen, I'll have to see about your books too. Guess I need to discover all of the authors here and see if they would do well in our church library :)

It's really great you could come by. We have several sweet and clean romance authors in our group--I hope you get a chance to check everyone out and share with your church friends. Clean fiction is so hard to find these days and that's what we aim to promote--good reading without anything offensive. It can be done. :)

DanielleThorne
December 19th, 2011, 11:50 PM
Congratulations!

Take care and stay warm,
Cindy

reluvbe
December 19th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Thank you, Ms. Thorne. There is alot of "Amish Romance" out there, but it's nice to see that there are some good intrigue/romance novels too. Thanks for doing this tonight, maybe I'll win something that will give me an insight into the authors and their works.

DanielleThorne
December 19th, 2011, 11:53 PM
Thank you, Ms. Thorne. There is alot of "Amish Romance" out there, but it's nice to see that there are some good intrigue/romance novels too. Thanks for doing this tonight, maybe I'll win something that will give me an insight into the authors and their works.

We're giving away lots of books tonight. Hope you win some!

Anne Patrick
December 19th, 2011, 11:56 PM

Do you have a Kindle or other ebook reader? I have a Kindle and love it! Something I recently found that is really cool is putting all my recipes on it. That way when I'm at the grocery store and I forget an ingredient I can look it up on my Kindle.

Gail Pallotta
December 19th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Speaking of giveaways, when do we have the drawing? Is there any way to include the lurkers, or is it just the people whose names we see?

DanielleThorne
December 19th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Congratulations to Gail Pallotta. Gail, you won the $10 gift card for Amazon I donated to be given away 'during' the chat...sorry but it took me awhile to grab everyone's names and put numbers in a random number generator.

I believe I have your address, so I will contact you tomorrow with a link to your prize.

Hugs--

Gail Pallotta
December 19th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Do you have a Kindle or other ebook reader? I have a Kindle and love it! Something I recently found that is really cool is putting all my recipes on it. That way when I'm at the grocery store and I forget an ingredient I can look it up on my Kindle.
I've hinted to Santa that an e-reader would be nice, but I'm not sure whether it's under the tree or not.

Gail Pallotta
December 19th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Congratulations to Gail Pallotta. Gail, you won the $10 gift card for Amazon I donated to be given away 'during' the chat...sorry but it took me awhile to grab everyone's names and put numbers in a random number generator.

I believe I have your address, so I will contact you tomorrow with a link to your prize.

Hugs--
Oh wow! Thank you so much, Danielle. That's great!

reluvbe
December 20th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Congrats, Ms. Pallotta!

Anne Patrick
December 20th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Speaking of giveaways, when do we have the drawing? Is there any way to include the lurkers, or is it just the people whose names we see?

I would love to enter them but I need someway to contact them. I tell you what. It's almost ten now. If they'll email me at annepatrick07@yahoo.com within the next five minutes I'll enter them in the drawing. Hows that?

EAWest
December 20th, 2011, 12:01 AM

Congratulations, Gail!

Gail Pallotta
December 20th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Congrats, Ms. Pallotta!
Thank you.

Gail Pallotta
December 20th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Congratulations, Gail!
Thanks, E. A.

EAWest
December 20th, 2011, 12:03 AM

I hadn't thought about putting recipes on my Kindle. That's a great idea!

Anne Patrick
December 20th, 2011, 12:06 AM
I hadn't thought about putting recipes on my Kindle. That's a great idea!

There is a website www.kindlecooking.com (http://www.kindlecooking.com) that does it all for you. You just add your recipes and it sends it to your Kindle. Very cool!!!

EAWest
December 20th, 2011, 12:07 AM
There is a website www.kindlecooking.com (http://www.kindlecooking.com) that does it all for you. You just add your recipes and it sends it to your Kindle. Very cool!!!

I'll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing!

Gail Pallotta
December 20th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Thanks Anne, for organizing our chat!

Anne Patrick
December 20th, 2011, 12:17 AM
Out of nine entries...Random.org chose.....:toot:

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Reluvbe<o:p></o:p>
:thewave::orange:

Congratulations!!!! Please email me at annepatrick07@yahoo.com with your email & mailing address.

reluvbe
December 20th, 2011, 12:19 AM
Wow! Thank you for organizing this!

Gail Pallotta
December 20th, 2011, 12:20 AM
Congratulations!

EAWest
Out of nine entries...Random.org chose.....:toot:

<!--?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /--><o:p></o>

Reluvbe<o:p></o>

:thewave::orange:

Congratulations, Reluvbe!:huepfen017:

Anne Patrick
I wish we'd had a better turn out but I'm thrilled you all were able to participate. You are all such dear friends and I wish you all a wonderful Christmas and an Awesome New Year!!!

Gail Pallotta
December 20th, 2011, 12:22 AM
TwirlingThis has been great fun! Merry Christmas to all! Thank you, Danielle!

Anne Patrick
December 20th, 2011, 12:22 AM
Wow! Thank you for organizing this!

It was my pleasure! I had a blast and I hope everyone else did. Hope you enjoy your free reads and gift certs. Be sure to email me with your contact info.

EAWest
December 20th, 2011, 12:23 AM
I wish we'd had a better turn out but I'm thrilled you all were able to participate. You are all such dear friends and I wish you all a wonderful Christmas and an Awesome New Year!!!

Thank you for organizing the chat! I had a great time.

Everyone have a merry Christmas and a very happy New Year!