PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Scribbling Butterfly Floating In On The Hot Ky Breeze.

Taryn Raye
August 24th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Hello everyone! I happened across this forum thanks to my friend Maddie and figured I'd join up.

I am a 32 year old wife and stay at home mom. I am also an avid reader and an unpublished aspiring writer.

My love of writing has been with me most my life, though when I was about 10 years old, I started writing little "happily-ever-afters" and illustrating them for my friends in the neighborhood to read. Thank heavens that evidence was destroyed years ago! Ack!

But it was around that time that I realized I wanted to be a writer and see my stories in print. When I entered adulthood though I put my writing on the back burner on account of having to work and pay bills and it just seemed I never had time.

I became a stay at home mom six years ago and even then I felt I had no time to fit in my writing. I claimed writer's block, procrastination and not enough time in a day as why I wasn't writing.

In October 2006 I finally opened up my file for the first novel I had been working on for over ten years and finally finished it. My fingers were flying and I was proud of myself because I hadn't believed I'd ever finish it. After that, I participated in my first National Novel Writing Month, otherwise known as NaNoWriMo where you write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. I wrote an 80,000 word novel in less than 30 days.

It was a challenge with myself that I will never forget because I hadn't thought I could write so much in so little time. I only had my first novel to base my opinion on, so I figured there was no way I could write that much in a month, when it had taken me 10 years off and on to write the first one.

Finishing my first novel and then writing the 2nd one in a month was a pivotal life-changing moment for me as a writer. I found my drive and determination in full force and since then, a lot of things have changed in my life. Since the beginning of 2007 I have come up with a lot of new novel ideas.

There were a lot of things going on this year between putting in water lines, getting a new dryer, selling our vehicle and buying another one, getting DSL and then having our computer crash (which almost cost me all my novels and short story files,) I did get my 3rd novel written between the middle of July and the beginning of August.

Recently I've been busy doing research and revisions on two of my novels and need to get started revisions on the other one. I am also planning to start writing my 4th one in hopes that I can get it finished and do some revisions on it before November's NaNo, when I hope to write and finish yet another one.

So, that's the long and the short of it about me. I love having communities where I can talk with other readers and writers, whether they are published or aspiring to be and I can't wait to jump right in and join in the topics.

Hope to get to know everyone!

~T

Karenne
August 24th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Hi Taryn!

So glad you joined! Big thanks to Maddie for sharing you:wub:

Welcome to our forum family!

Taryn Raye
August 24th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Thanks so much for the warm welcome Karenne. I'm tickled to be here!

Dani
August 25th, 2007, 12:59 AM
:welcome: Taryn! I hope you have fun here on the forums. Hopefully you'll be published soon and can really get going with your writing.

kjt1029
August 25th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Welcome! I am also new to the forum. I wish you luck with your writing dreams.

maddie james
August 26th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Hey Taryn! Glad to see you here!

maddie

Tia Fanning
August 26th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Hi Taryn!

So glad to you see you here!
:flowers:

~Tia

Taryn Raye
August 27th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Thanks Dani and Kristy Jo! Nice to meet you both.

Hey Maddie and Tia! Glad to see you both here!

Thanks for the welcome everyone!