PDA

View Full Version : New reader / user

kjt1029
August 25th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Hi, I have just gotten into a reading binge and I am loving it. I am 47 yrs old and feel like a teenager enthralled with the stories that I have been reading. I have totally gotten into the characters and their lives. I have only read a couple of authors (Mainly - Keri Arthur and Laurell Hamilton) and I wish their next books would come out sooner rather then later.
I have just started reading a series by Kim Harrison. If anyone has any suggestions on what other authors are a good read, please drop me a line. I have been enjoying the paranormal romance/action stories the most.
Have a great day! Kristy Jo
:notworthy:

NessyPerth
August 25th, 2007, 12:17 PM
hiya kristy, it's good to see you here and great to see you also luv Kerry's books:whoohoo:

If your into paranormal books i highly recommend Kelley Armstrong, her series start with Bitten (werewolf and other supernatual series)

Hope to chat with you in the threads :rockon:

Karenne
August 25th, 2007, 01:26 PM
(runs in panting) Hi Kristy!

I am so glad to meet another Keri Arthur addict! Welcome to our forum family!:wub:

AngelaSteed
August 25th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Hi Kristy,

Besides the books by Kerry Arthur, I'd like to recommend a few paranormal romance novels.

Kimberly Adkins--The Medallion of Solaus and Kerry A. Jones--Cast in Stone (which is the first in a series). Some might think I'm biased because they're both with the same publisher--Black Lyon Publishing ;) --but honestly, they're very, very good reads! You'll love them!

My contemporary romance will be out November 1st. --1080 Kiss--

Dani
August 25th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Hi again Kristy Jo!

If you are looking for other authors to read there are a few that I could recommend. In fact I have quite a few listed on my user page IrishWolf (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/userpage.php?do=main&userid=663). You can click on my name to get there and take a look if you'd like.

kjt1029
August 25th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Thanks Angela for the suggestions. I just visited your myspace website today. Very cool! I wish you the best on your new book !!!

kjt1029
August 25th, 2007, 07:51 PM
:turned: I would like to add thanks to all you other nice ladies for your suggestions and thoughts. I am new at these threads,so I am still not to clear on who I am answering when I write. So please bare with me. :)

Dani
August 25th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Kristy, you can use the quote button to anwser the person you want if that helps you. :biggrin:

kjt1029
August 25th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Kristy, you can use the quote button to anwser the person you want if that helps you. :biggrin:

Okay I feel dumb. I thought the quote button was for adding a personalized quote. Silly Me :arghhhh:

Dani
August 25th, 2007, 09:24 PM
It's okay. I probably should add that info and how to get the smilies in your post as well to the information thread. Yeah, that would be a great idea. :lol:

kjt1029
August 26th, 2007, 11:02 AM
It's okay. I probably should add that info and how to get the smilies in your post as well to the information thread. Yeah, that would be a great idea. :lol:
Well I am slowy getting better at this thread idea and the smilies too. Thanks

AngelaSteed
August 27th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Thanks Angela for the suggestions. I just visited your myspace website today. Very cool! I wish you the best on your new book !!!

Thanks Kristy. My book comes out November 1st. I thought maybe I'd put my legs on the cover, but I want to ATTRACT readers--not send them running like a man streaking through the White House during a celebration dinner party for G-Dub's daughter's engagement as he tries to avoid the secret service. :notworthy:

NessyPerth
August 27th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Laughing my butt off Angela. That was too funny :roflmao: oh your book comes out on my daughters birthday wooohoooo the day after halloween !

AngelaSteed
August 27th, 2007, 09:11 PM
I would pay to see John Stewart do it. :tt1:

My birthday is just a few weeks before the release, so I'm thinking of it like a belated birthday present.

Dani
August 27th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Too funny Angela!! :)

Anna Fallon
August 27th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Hi Kristy Jo
so nice to hear you have discovered the wonderful world of books. I know when I began wanting to get stuck into my writing, I thought I'd do some research online. I was astounded at the variety of e-publishers and the amount of talented authors. I can relate to the feeling of where to start first. I had no idea what an e-book even was then. That was only four years ago LOL.

My suggestion to try out authors new to you is to buy some multi story digests with different authors writing shorter works. You'll soon get a feel for the voices you like. LOL, of course it might just make want to buy everyone too.

Visit www.midnightshowcase.com (http://www.midnightshowcase.com) we specialize in the digests as well as novels, e-book and available for order in print. But even just for a look, you might see some names you have seen around the net, you can click on covers and most e-pubs have excerpts you can read to.

So visit a few e-pubbers and check them out.

Cheers and happy reading

Anna Fallon

kjt1029
August 30th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Hi Kristy Jo
so nice to hear you have discovered the wonderful world of books. I know when I began wanting to get stuck into my writing, I thought I'd do some research online. I was astounded at the variety of e-publishers and the amount of talented authors. I can relate to the feeling of where to start first. I had no idea what an e-book even was then. That was only four years ago LOL.

My suggestion to try out authors new to you is to buy some multi story digests with different authors writing shorter works. You'll soon get a feel for the voices you like. LOL, of course it might just make want to buy everyone too.

Visit www.midnightshowcase.com (http://www.midnightshowcase.com) we specialize in the digests as well as novels, e-book and available for order in print. But even just for a look, you might see some names you have seen around the net, you can click on covers and most e-pubs have excerpts you can read to.

So visit a few e-pubbers and check them out.

Cheers and happy reading

Anna Fallon

Anna, very coolllll! Thanks for the info and the message!

Angela, good funny bone :lol: