PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

Hazel22
August 27th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Hi Everyone,

I thought I would just drop in and introduce myself. My name is Hazel Statham and I live in Staffordshire, England. I started writing at fifteen and have written on and off ever since. I have always been fascinated by history and write mainly in the Regency and Georgian eras, although I have been known to stray into Medieval times. When I was a child, I often told myself stories and this just progressed to committing them to paper to entertain family and friends. There have however, been gaps in my writing years where marriage and employment intervened, but now that I no longer work, I am able to return to my first love and devote my time to writing. I had my first two novels published in 2005.

I have been married to my husband Terry since 1969 and we have a grown daughter and beautiful grandson. Apart from reading and writing historical novels, my other ruling passion is animals and until recently, I was treasurer for an organisation that raised money for animal charities. We currently share our home with a lovely yellow Labrador named Lucy, who is my constant companion. Lucy is a real sweetie, but itís not always easy working at the computer with a large Labrador trying to get on your knee!

I love to hear from my readers and hope you enjoy reading my books as much as I enjoy writing them. For more information about my work, please visit my website www.hazel-statham.co.uk (http://www.hazel-statham.co.uk) where you will find excerpts and reviews of my upcoming novels.

Regards to all

Hazel
Experience the romance and elegance of Georgian and Regency England
hazel.statham1@ntlworld.com (hazel.statham1@ntlworld.com)
www.hazel-statham.co.uk (http://www.hazel-statham.co.uk/)
'Dominic' - Wings ePress - August 2007
'My Dearest Friend' -Wings ePress - January 2008
'His Shadowed Heart' - Wings ePress - June 2008

<!-- spacer for skins that want sidebar and main to be the same height-->
<!-- end content-wrapper -->

Karenne
August 27th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Hi Hazel!

Welcome to our little forum family! I am so happy to see you here!:wub:

Hazel22
August 28th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome Karen, I'm happy to have finally made it onto the list. I'm looking forward to taking part in all the discussions and am more than happy to talk about 'Dominic', or any of my upcoming works, at any time. So if there's anyone out there with any questions, please feel free to ask. I go on vacation on the 2nd to 16th September but will be delighted to answer any questions when I return.

I look forward to hearing from you all,

Regards,

Hazel
<O:pExperience the romance and elegance of Georgian and Regency England
hazel.statham1@ntlworld.com (hazel.statham1@ntlworld.com)
www.hazel-statham.co.uk (http://www.hazel-statham.co.uk/)
'Dominic' - Wings ePress - August 2007
'My Dearest Friend' -Wings ePress - January 2008
'His Shadowed Heart' - Wings ePress - June 2008</O:p>

maura
September 4th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Hi Hazel! How are you feeling these days?

Maura

Linda L Lattimer
September 6th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Hi Hazel and welcome. I have read a couple of Hazel's works and loved them. It is so good to see you here!

Hazel22
September 16th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Hi Maura and Linda,

Lovely to hear from you. Sorry not to have replied before but I was on vacation in Orlando. Thank you for your lovely reviews, I really do appreciate them. It's always a worrying time wondering what others will make of your work and it is such a relief when it is well received.

Hazel

Karenne
September 16th, 2007, 04:23 PM
ohh vacation! Did you have fun? What did you buy me?Twirling

Hazel22
September 16th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Now, that would be telling!:lol: It was very hot in Orlando and we had to take it easy - had a great time nonetheless. Always nice to come home though http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/images/icons/icon7.gif

Regards

Hazel

Dani
September 24th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Hi Hazel! :biggrin:

Chat was great last night. I was reading what was posted more than chatting, but I enjoyed it none the less. Now I'm going to have to pick up Dominic! The book sounds wonderful.

Hazel22
September 24th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Hi Dani,

I enjoyed the chat too - it was great! I hope you enjoy 'Dominic'. Let me know what you think of it.

Take care

Regards

Hazel

sjwilling
September 24th, 2007, 01:00 PM
*waves Wildly*

*Wildly gets dizzy, goes into a corner and is sick*

Hey and welcome!

Will pop over and check out your website soon :)

S.J.

Hazel22
September 24th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Hi Dani,

Just seen that you are from Florida - we just got back from visiting Orlando. How's the heat? It was 94 and rising when we left <g>

Regards

Hazel

Hazel22
September 24th, 2007, 01:04 PM
*waves Wildly*

*Wildly gets dizzy, goes into a corner and is sick*

Hey and welcome!

Will pop over and check out your website soon :)

S.J.
I hope you enjoy it! Take a good look around and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Hazel

maura
September 24th, 2007, 02:29 PM
You are going to love it, I did. Sounds like you had a great vacation Hazel, did Mickey treat you well? I get to go away for a couple of days next week to Newport, Rhode Island. Not too far from home but far enough to be a vacation, I can't wait. Sorry I missed the chat last night. I was actually on line but the new laptop did not want me to chat.

Maura

Hi Hazel! :biggrin:

Chat was great last night. I was reading what was posted more than chatting, but I enjoyed it none the less. Now I'm going to have to pick up Dominic! The book sounds wonderful.

maura
September 24th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Hi Dani,

Just seen that you are from Florida - we just got back from visiting Orlando. How's the heat? It was 94 and rising when we left <g>

Regards

Hazel

I live waaaay north of there on Eastern Long Island in New York and it is going to be near 90 tomorrow. Welcome Indian Summer!

Maura

Hazel22
September 24th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Hi Maura,

We have visited Disney many times over the past years, but I was taken ill on the flight over and had to take it easy for the rest of the vacation. However, we hired a car and just pootled about - quite nice and relaxing. We love the US and its people.

Sorry you missed the chat - it was great! How are the dogs?

Regards

Hazel

Dani
September 24th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Hi Dani,

Just seen that you are from Florida - we just got back from visiting Orlando. How's the heat? It was 94 and rising when we left <G>

Regards

Hazel
I'm about an hour and a half West of Disney. Did you have fun?

It's still blazing hot here, but where I am we've gotten some rain, so it has cooled it off a bit and given us a nice breeze. Right now it's about 90 and breezy with a possible chance of rain.

Hazel22
September 25th, 2007, 05:06 AM
I'm about an hour and a half West of Disney. Did you have fun?

It's still blazing hot here, but where I am we've gotten some rain, so it has cooled it off a bit and given us a nice breeze. Right now it's about 90 and breezy with a possible chance of rain.

I think it's the first time we have taken it easy. We always visit EPCOT and this was the first time we have given it a miss. 'Dominic' was partially written when we were on a holiday in Orlando. It was hurricane season, the trees outside the hotel were horizontal, my husband slept and I wrote. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Regards

Hazel

maura
September 25th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Hi Maura,

We have visited Disney many times over the past years, but I was taken ill on the flight over and had to take it easy for the rest of the vacation. However, we hired a car and just pootled about - quite nice and relaxing. We love the US and its people.

Sorry you were sick, but glad you got to relax. The dogs are doing well. Angel has picked up a Rally and an Obedience title since I talked to you last. Hopefully we will get another Rally title (RA) on Friday. Do you have anything new coming out soon?

Maura

Linda L Lattimer
September 25th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Hi Hazel, so sorry I wasn't there for your chat, I will try to be for the next one

I love going to Orlando and going to Disney world and love Epcot

Hazel22
September 25th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Sorry you were sick, but glad you got to relax. The dogs are doing well. Angel has picked up a Rally and an Obedience title since I talked to you last. Hopefully we will get another Rally title (RA) on Friday. Do you have anything new coming out soon?

Maura

Glad the dogs are doing so well. Lucy has Multiple Myeloma but is in remission at the moment and is doing great.

Yes, 'My Dearest Friend' is out in January. I was just getting used to the idea that 'Dominic' has just been released and then I realised that I have another one that I have just over 3 months to prepare for. Of course, there is still 'His Shadowed Heart', but that isn't due until June so I have a breathing space there.

Take care

Hazel

Hazel22
September 25th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Hi Hazel, so sorry I wasn't there for your chat, I will try to be for the next one

I love going to Orlando and going to Disney world and love Epcot
Hi Linda,

Sorry you missed the chat but I look forward to seeing you at the next one.

Take care

Hazel