August 14th, 2006, 12:43 AM
MaryJanice Davidson
http://www.maryjanicedavidson.net/
Bewitched, Bothered & BeVampyred: Season 2

Fangs Again

Available October 2006!

A Return to Brokenoggin Falls!

Sequel to the first anthology

Proceeds to benefit breast cancer research!
Sleeping With the Fishes
(Berkley)

Available November 28, 2006!

Fredericka Bimm (Fred the Mermaid) is not the stuff of legends. A marine biologist, she knows what's in the water so chooses not to expose herself to those toxins. She's allergic to shellfish. The creatures she can communicate with won't do her bidding. And she doesn't have the "typical" body type or singing voice.

When she has to choose between a mortal man and a merman - who will it be?

"Bitch out of Water"

A Brand New Series!

Undead and Unpopular

I tapped my pencil on the pad, trying to come up with a plan to tell my fiance, Eric Sinclair, that I had decided to completely give up the blood-drinking thing. I figured being the vampire queen had a few advantages -- as it was, every vampire I'd ever known had to drink every day, even Eric. But I could go up to a week without so much as a drop of O-neg. So, in honor of my birthday, and being in this job for a year, I figured I'd give it up completely. I would be in a blood-free zone!"

Vampire Queen Betsy Taylor already has plenty on her plate. For one thing, next week is her birthday -- the big 3-1 in human years, and one in undead years. (Yes, she bit the dust on her birthday last year.) On top of that, she still has wedding plans to finalize -- and it's not helping that the prospective groom is avoiding anything to do with it. And then there's her decision to stop drinking blood -- something she has yet to share with Eric Sinclair, her fiance -- who also happens to be the vampire king...

So the last thing she wants to deal with is uninvited guests, even if they happen to be the powerful European vampires who have finally come to pay their respects the week before her birthday. Some of them don't want Betsy as their queen and will do anything to get ride of her. As if turning thirty last year (not to mention dying) hadn't been traumatic enough. And trying to give up blood is making her really cranky...But who has time to sulk? Well, Betsy does.

Undead and Unwed
Book 1

Betsy Taylor turns 30, gets laid off, is killed by an SUV and wakes up dead all in the same week. The vampire community is convinced she's their prophesied Queen. But she's not having any of it - she's got shoes to buy! And now the undead world is being turned upside-down by a Bela Lugosi throwback and her subjects expect her to take care of it! Why didn't she read the handbook? But her would-be consort, Eric Sinclair, is (annoyingly) ever-present. If only he wasn't so tall, dark, gorgeous...and undead.

Undead and Unemployed
Book 2

Betsy Taylor is back in this sequel to Undead and Unwed. Not willing to "live" off her friends, she lands her dream job selling shoes at Macy's, much to the dismay of her consort/King, Eric Sinclair, who is as loyal, protective, and hot as ever. Not that Betsy has any interest in him (or does she?). And now, vampires in her kingdom are being attacked and staked by a mysterious gang. Can she solve the mystery in time to save her kingdom? Can she stop spending all her wages on shoes? Can she resist the charms of Eric Sinclair - does she want to?

Undead and Unappreciated
Book 3

Most women would love to live as royalty, but Betsy has found that being vampire queen has more problems than perks, except for always being awake for Midnight Madness sales. It may be easy to find blood (yuck) in the dark of night, but try finding a strawberry smoothie. And employees at her nightclub Scratch have been giving her nothing but grief since she killed their former boss. Some people...

But Betsy's "life" takes an interesting turn at a baby shower for her wicked stepmother, who lets it slip that Betsy has a long-lost half sister. Now twenty years old, this woman just so happens to be the devil's daughter...and destined to rule the world.

Undead and Unreturnable
Book 4

Even the undead celebrate Christmas, and Betsy is in heaven shopping for gifts.

But all is not merry in the mansion. It’s become infested with ghosts—really needy ones who have no qualms asking Betsy to run errands for them to rectify their pasts. Meanwhile, a serial killer is on the loose, and, being tall and blonde, Betsy perfectly fits his type.

They say Christmas is a time for friends and family. But with a half-sister who’s the devil’s daughter, an evil stepmother, a fiend living in her basement, and assorted spirits and killers running amok, Betsy is not sure she’ll survive the holidays. Oh, right. She’s already dead…

jennzilla
January 14th, 2007, 06:40 PM
I just read The Incredible Misadventures of Boo in the Kickass Anthology.

Boo is a vampire slayer who just kicks ass in all the ways that count. She doesn't play around when it comes to vampires. She's a loner and that's the way she likes it. Until she runs into the biggest geek alive who she can't shake.. then to top that off.. well, I won't spoil it for you. Suffice to say, Boo and Boy Blunder are in for a big surprise.

I love when MJD does mean girls. She's great at it. And she does snark like nobody's business. Ah.. MJD, you complete me. In a non-homosexual sort of way. (not that there's anything wrong with that--dang I miss Seinfeld) And, no I'm not a stalker either! Seriously, I'm not going to her house to kill any of her bunny rabbits or nothin'. Just in a literary, book ho, type fashion.

Illyria
June 23rd, 2007, 10:56 PM
i love her Betsy Undead Series and Fred the mermaid Series too. they are soo awesome and hilarious

:lol:

Dani
September 10th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I love her Betsy series, her Wyndham Werewolves series and her Fred the Mermaid series. The next Fred book comes out in November of this year and I can't wait. Fred rocks!! :yes:

CharmedGirl
September 10th, 2007, 06:22 PM
I've just started reading the Betsy series and I am loving it. I have Swimming with the Fishes but I just haven't read it yet :notworthy:

bittenbybooks
September 12th, 2007, 02:33 AM
I just finished book 3 of the Betsy series. Undead and unappreciated. These are some of the funniest books I have read in a lonnnnggg time. I literally am :lol:

StinkLair is pretty typical of some of the things I make out of people's names (only those who annoy me lol).

I am really glad I found this thread. I have the last 3 of this series coming. And a few other of her books.

Any word on when the next Betsy book might come out?

Hugs
Rach

CharmedGirl
September 12th, 2007, 03:38 AM
I've finished books 1 and 2 now which means I'm breezing through these books. I'm now halfway through book 3 and I'm loving the characters of these books. Betsy has got sarcasm down pat which is just a total classic. LOL

Dani
September 12th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Rach, if you go to her website www.maryjanicedavidson.net (http://www.maryjanicedavidson.net) you may find some information on all her books. I have a feeling that sice the latest Betsy book just came out in June of this year you probably won't see a new on until at least next year.

bittenbybooks
September 12th, 2007, 02:12 PM
cool! I checked out the site last night. Man it was hard for my laptop to load. Not sure why that is. LOL

I cannot wait for the rest of the books to get here. I can't remember looking forward to reading another series likt his for a long time.

I also have one of the jennifer scales books coming (1st in the series)

CharmedGirl
September 12th, 2007, 06:41 PM
I just finished book 3. Yippee Doodah! Now I've started book 4 and I'm loving it. Once I've finished this series I'm going to read the Charlaine Harris (Sookie series) can't wait for that cause what I've heard of that series I'm missing out big time. LOL

bittenbybooks
September 12th, 2007, 06:56 PM
I just finished book 3. Yippee Doodah! Now I've started book 4 and I'm loving it. Once I've finished this series I'm going to read the Charlaine Harris (Sookie series) can't wait for that cause what I've heard of that series I'm missing out big time. LOL

You will LOVE the sookie series. I am reading it too. I am waiting for books 5&6 to arrive so I can finish!

CharmedGirl
September 12th, 2007, 07:06 PM
I've got way too many books that I have to read...I'll just have to keep plodding along. I've got a pile of books that I'm trying to get through this month but it is not going to happen. LOL

bittenbybooks
September 12th, 2007, 07:24 PM
I've got way too many books that I have to read...I'll just have to keep plodding along. I've got a pile of books that I'm trying to get through this month but it is not going to happen. LOL
Girl, I hear you there. My husband is about to blow a gasket, if one more padded envelope comes through the door. LOL

CharmedGirl
September 12th, 2007, 07:31 PM
I need a new bookshelf I've actually got books piling on the ground in my room. :lol:

Everytime I go to the shops I can't help going into the book shop and buying at least one new book if not more than one. :swoon:

Linda L Lattimer
September 12th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Irish thanks so much for the website, I was able to learn a bit more about her and her books,

Linda

bittenbybooks
September 16th, 2007, 11:01 PM
I just got a copy of dead and loving it. Haven't started it yet. I am trying to finish Goddess of Spring by PC Cast. Great series of books!

Dani
September 16th, 2007, 11:07 PM
You're most welcome Linda! I love being helpful when I can. :biggrin:

Rach, I've seen PC Cast's books, but never picked them up. Are they really good? And what is the name of the series that you're reading?

bittenbybooks
September 16th, 2007, 11:17 PM
You're most welcome Linda! I love being helpful when I can. :biggrin:

Rach, I've seen PC Cast's books, but never picked them up. Are they really good? And what is the name of the series that you're reading?

I am really enjoying them. It is called the Goddess Summoning series. There are at least 5.
She's written some other Goddess type books too.

P.C. Cast
http://www.pccast.net/pages/main.html

Maybe we should give her a board/thread here too? :)

Dani
September 16th, 2007, 11:23 PM
I'll see what Karenne thinks about having a thread for her here and let you know.

Thanks for the site address. Now I can go check her out! :biggrin:

bittenbybooks
September 16th, 2007, 11:26 PM
I'll see what Karenne thinks about having a thread for her here and let you know.

Thanks for the site address. Now I can go check her out! :biggrin:
Anytime! :) glad to be an enabler. he he

bittenbybooks
September 18th, 2007, 01:00 AM
My copy of Undead and Unreturnable just showed up. I started it tonight. Half way through it. It is starting out slower than the other books for some reason. Still good mind you, just different.

Dead and loving it showed up this weekend. I will read that next, unless Undead and Unpopular finally shows up.

Dani
September 18th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Dead and loving it is more about her werewolves series. They're great too, but I recommend reading the first two werewolf stories as well to give you some background on them. The first story is in the book Secrets Vol 6 and the second story is in Secrets Vol 8. I loved them and couldn't put them down once I started.

bittenbybooks
September 18th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Dead and loving it is more about her werewolves series. They're great too, but I recommend reading the first two werewolf stories as well to give you some background on them. The first story is in the book Secrets Vol 6 and the second story is in Secrets Vol 8. I loved them and couldn't put them down once I started.

Ahh okay. Where does Derek's Bane fit in to the story line? Now that I am totally confused. LOL
I have to figure out what to get from Amazon now. he he

Dani
September 18th, 2007, 01:32 PM
I read it after Dead and Loving it, but you can read it before if you'd like. You'll need to read it before reading Undead and Uneasy because that's where the Michael and Derik come into the Betsy stories.

bittenbybooks
September 18th, 2007, 01:38 PM
I read it after Dead and Loving it, but you can read it before if you'd like. You'll need to read it before reading Undead and Uneasy because that's where the Michael and Derik come into the Betsy stories.

Okay so this is the order now:
Secrets 6
Secrets 8
Dereks Bane
Undead and Uneasy

THanks for working through this with me. I am slooww today. :notworthy:

Dani
September 18th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Don't forget to read Dead and Loving it somewhere in the middle of the books before Undead and Uneasy. I believe that in book 5 is where one werewolf (a female) comes in to the Betsy books (hence the reason for the other werewolves, but that's for you to read about...LOL) and her story is in Dead and Loving it (the last story in the book).

bittenbybooks
September 19th, 2007, 12:36 AM
Since I am cut off for another week or so from getting the secrets books. LOL I am going to read Dead and loving it then Undead and Uneasy (the beginning of this book reccomended that), then derek's bane. I will just have to re-trace my steps back to the others. :)

I was a bit let down by this last book. I can't even explain what it was. Maybe it wasn't enough action? I know the rest are great. So far, dead and loving it is really good.

Hippy

sabby07
September 19th, 2007, 10:22 AM
ok I found the Betsy series 1-6
is she going on with it or is 6 the last book?
So far I'm LOVING Betsy! you guys are the best!!!!! Thanks for the rec's.

Dani
September 19th, 2007, 11:26 AM
As far as I have heard, from friends that have seen her at book signings, she has said that there will be another Betsy book. I'm not sure how many right now, but I know that this is not the end of Betsy. I think it's going to take a lot to get rid of her. :biggrin:

Rach, I read them out of order too, so it's not a big deal which way you read them. I was just trying to help keep the stories in somewhat of an order, so that no one was asking who, what, when, etc and getting confused.

bittenbybooks
September 19th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Thanks Dani!
I am easily confused these days. ;) he he
I don't even have the last one yet, I actually should have said Undead and Unpopular. LOL
I am almost done with Dead and Loving it. Started the last story last night...or was that in the wee hours after midnight. :)

Dani
September 19th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Cool Rach!

I loved all the books so I have them pretty much memorized and in order too (well basically in order). I don't need a hobby do I? :roflmao:

bittenbybooks
September 19th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Cool Rach!

I loved all the books so I have them pretty much memorized and in order too (well basically in order). I don't need a hobby do I? :roflmao:

LOL no, we both need a hobby! Ha ha ha

I am out of control with the book stuff. LOL

Dani
September 19th, 2007, 07:02 PM
You aren't the only one that's out of control with the book stuff. I need professional help here, but I know I'd have most of the ladies on these forums to go with me. :lol:

CharmedGirl
September 21st, 2007, 03:26 AM
I definitely need to go into therapy something called Too Many Books Anonymous. I love MJD's books. Sleeping with the Fishes was just so cool and I can't wait for the second installment of that series. LOL

Karenne
September 21st, 2007, 10:16 AM
This IS the TMBA group.

Coffee & Reading We are all here for each other to help with the addiction that just won't go away.

(looks at CharmedGirl) the first step is admitting you have a problem (wink)::)

bittenbybooks
September 21st, 2007, 10:54 PM
LOL

Does she ever come to the boards? MJD that is. :)

I have the sleeping with the fishes book, haven't read it yet. I really wish undead and uneasy would get here! It's taking forever. ugh

Dani
September 21st, 2007, 10:59 PM
You know, that's one thing that I'm not sure of.

I have heard that she frequents different sites at times under other names so that no one knows, but I'm not totally sure about that either. It would be cool if she did pop on here to see what's going on though. :biggrin:

bittenbybooks
September 26th, 2007, 04:14 PM
I just finished Undead and Uneasy. I liked it a lot better than the last book. I can't wait for the next installment!

Dani
September 26th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Excellent to hear that you enjoyed it. She is a snarky vamp! :lol:

bittenbybooks
September 26th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Excellent to hear that you enjoyed it. She is a snarky vamp! :lol:

That is really true! I think the one book I was disapointed in, didn't have enough about shoes in it. LOL

Dani
September 26th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Oh yeah, we have to have the designer shoes in it or it's a bust. :roflmao:

CharmedGirl
September 26th, 2007, 05:33 PM
I haven't read Undead and Uneasy yet but I will eventually get around to reading it. LOL I've got to finish reading all the other books on my pile before I read the 6th installment. I've read the first five and loved them. LOL

bittenbybooks
September 26th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Oh yeah, we have to have the designer shoes in it or it's a bust. :roflmao:

LOL it is true! It is such a part of Betsy's character, that it just isn't the same with the shoe fetish.

I don't care about designer shoes myself, but I am looking otut fo Betsy's best interest. LOL

Dani
September 26th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Yeah, I'm not much for designer shoes either because I can afford them, but I love Betsy's infatuation with them. :roflmao:

CharmedGirl
September 26th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Hmm I don't have any expensive designer shoes like Betsy but I definitely have a full closet of shoes. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
January 14th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Yeah me and the shoes not a big thing I spend more on books but give me the king consort any day please. Loved the books.

bittenbybooks
January 14th, 2008, 05:13 PM
her new books should be out fairly soonish. Doesn't she have two?

DavidsGirl841444
January 14th, 2008, 08:38 PM
No idea here does her website say she does?

bittenbybooks
January 14th, 2008, 09:04 PM
You know, I have never been on her site (that I can remember) I saw it on Amazon.

Looks like:
Undead and Unworthy (http://www.bookmooch.com/m/s/undead+and+unworthy) coming out in July 08

and Mysteria Lane in August
not sooo soon. LOL it seems closer than it was last month...which technically it is...oh don't mind me, I am babbling now. :)

Karenne
January 14th, 2008, 11:24 PM
Well here is her site: http://www.maryjanicedavidson.net/

But it is down or not there anymore!

Dani
January 14th, 2008, 11:45 PM
I just tried to go on it and it gave me a message that said Forbidden and You don't have permission to access / on this server. Weird huh?

bittenbybooks
January 15th, 2008, 12:52 AM
Well here is her site: http://www.maryjanicedavidson.net/

But it is down or not there anymore!

wow that sucks. I wonder if she's got a blog that is separate from her site that may tell what is going on with it. Thanks for the link though! :)

DavidsGirl841444
January 15th, 2008, 02:48 AM
Thanks for the heads up by the way on her site.

Dani
January 15th, 2008, 06:32 PM
wow that sucks. I wonder if she's got a blog that is separate from her site that may tell what is going on with it. Thanks for the link though! :)
Unfortunately, I think everything is set up through her site, but I'll see what I can dig up. I have connections to some people that will most likely know what's going on.

DavidsGirl841444
January 16th, 2008, 12:31 PM
You and the connections you go girl your as good as any chocalate out there when it comes to solving problems

danetteb
January 17th, 2008, 06:05 AM
I'm a big MJ fan, she has Dead Over Heels coming out March 4th too. It's an anthology ,YAY!

sabby07
January 17th, 2008, 11:12 AM
oh I cant wait I love her books
I tried to get on her site and it gave me the same message. I wonder if she is re doing it or something. I got the same from Rachel Vincent's (Stray) site. I thought it was just me being the computer wiz that I am LMBO.

DavidsGirl841444
January 17th, 2008, 11:28 AM
No I don't think its just you.

Dani
January 17th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Sabby, Rachel Vincent was moving her website to a different server, so that's why you probably got that message. Here's the new web address http://www.rachelvincent.com/ (http://www.rachelvincent.com/).

DavidsGirl841444
January 17th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Thank you Dani your a godsent yet again.

Dani
January 17th, 2008, 07:43 PM
You're welcome DG!

sabby07
January 17th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Super Dani to the rescue!!!!! I swear you need a cape thanks girl you are amazing!

Dani
January 17th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Ummm, we just had this dicussion on one of Keri's threads. I'd like a Catwoman suit instead of a cape! LOL!

sabby07
January 18th, 2008, 12:30 AM
ok we will all have to get you a black leather cat suit!!! Damn that thing could come in pretty handy LMBO

Dani
January 18th, 2008, 05:41 PM
ROFL!! Laugh it Up fuzball

DavidsGirl841444
January 20th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Incase she really goes into becoming a villian and steal jewelry

Dani
January 20th, 2008, 08:27 PM
I doubt that would happen. I like jewelry, but not enough to steal it. LOL!

CharmedGirl
January 20th, 2008, 11:40 PM
I doubt that would happen. I like jewelry, but not enough to steal it. LOL!

What woman doesn't like jewelry :tt2: I love looking in jewelry shop windows especially when a birthday or Christmas comes around so I can hint what I want :turned:

Dani
January 20th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Ladies, MaryJanice's website is back up and running. I still have no idea what happened because I never was able to get in touch with my friend that would know. Ah well, that happens.

Nothing is new in her blog the last intry is from June 07 (if I remember correctly). She does have a newsletter and a Yahoo group. If anyone is interested in joining this is the addy... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/maryjanice/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/maryjanice/).

That's all for my little update on what's going on with her site. :biggrin:

CharmedGirl
January 20th, 2008, 11:57 PM
Thanks Dani. It looks like I'm going to have to become a member of that yahoo group. LOL

Dani
January 21st, 2008, 12:02 AM
You're welcome! :teacher:

CharmedGirl
January 21st, 2008, 12:03 AM
Well hopefully you see this Dani because I'm at MSN messenger if you want to chat. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
January 21st, 2008, 01:27 PM
Ok that is great to hear thanks for the update Dani your always a huge help.

sabby07
January 21st, 2008, 01:37 PM
Dani you rock!:notworthy:

CharmedGirl
January 22nd, 2008, 08:21 PM

I always love reading about when the new book in a series is out :notworthy:

Dani
January 22nd, 2008, 09:54 PM

Dani you rock!:notworthy:
Thank you, thank you, thank you. *she says as she takes a big bow* Laugh it Up fuzball

bittenbybooks
January 22nd, 2008, 11:52 PM
Her site is back up, but if you were on the mailing list you need to re-join as they lost it due to technical difficulties. :)

CharmedGirl
January 23rd, 2008, 12:09 AM
I'll have to join MJ's mailing list!

DavidsGirl841444
January 23rd, 2008, 02:50 PM
Right behind you guys.

bittenbybooks
January 23rd, 2008, 04:05 PM
did anybody ever get anything from her list before it went down?
Some authors seem to write about once a month, others I rarely here from.

DavidsGirl841444
January 24th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Hey yeah I am with you on that but not our girl keri.

Dani
January 25th, 2008, 12:56 AM
I wasn't a member of her newsletter before I went to check and see if the site was back up a few days ago. I just recently signed up, so I have no idea how often she sends one out.

CharmedGirl
January 27th, 2008, 09:24 PM

I wasn't a member before but I just wish I had of been. :)

Ti3
January 28th, 2008, 10:29 AM
I am currently about to start book 6 Undead & Uneasy of her Betsy series.....I havent read it yet but Im worried Erics gonna die or something ....LOL dang books :tt2: ....tell me DAni....is there gonna be more books after 6....and if Eric dies im gonna fall out and die myself :mumbles: pls tell me I wont be disappointed ....*insert crying self here*...im all upset that I didnt have book 6 this weekend. I finished book 5 and read the exerpt to 6 and about died thinking eric was gonna be killed off somehow....lol...Im ahead of myself here I know lol......and I get a lil into what I read ...haha....wouldnt you say?!

Anyways...I wanted to know if there was gonna be a book 7....outta curiosity...hehe

Loved the Betsy Series...thanks for introducing me to them Dani....HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Ti3

Dani
January 28th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Oh yeah Ti3, there's gonna be a book 7. And don't worry, you're not gonna fall out about Sinclair, but it's gonna be one hell of a fun ride to get to the end! Laugh it Up fuzball

You're most very welcome honey!! HugMe

DavidsGirl841444
January 28th, 2008, 01:19 PM
There is a seven yeah happy dance.

bittenbybooks
January 28th, 2008, 09:17 PM
what is book 7's title again?

Ti3
January 28th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Oh yeah Ti3, there's gonna be a book 7. And don't worry, you're not gonna fall out about Sinclair, but it's gonna be one hell of a fun ride to get to the end! Laugh it Up fuzball

You're most very welcome honey!! HugMe

K...so I headed to Chapters to get my Undead & Uneasy....I neededddddddd to knowwwww what the samhill was gonna happen to ol'Sinclair. :tt2: I like hadddddd to know as in it was life or death or undead as it were:lol: It was a personal necessity that I read at the speed of light (((((LMAO))))) so I could find out too. haha....just finished book 6.....seriously I almost had a nervous breakdown from not knowing :tt2: what was gonna happen next. So....coughs**...now I know.....winks @ Dani....sighs...IM glad theres gonna be a book 7. I like M.J.'s sense of humor....I also picked up her Sleeping with the Fishes. Looking forward to starting that one soon. I must say my unsaitable appetite while reading sometimes surprises me lol...I finished that Undead & Uneasy today...and I just bought it this afternoon haha....like I said I haddddddd to know what was up with hunky Eric Sinclair & lil Mrs. Betsy....grins...

Here are some of the other Authors & books I just picked up :

1.Linsay Sands - The Accidental Vampire, Vampires Are Forever, Bite Me If You Can, A Bite To Remember

2.Richard Laymon - To Wake the Dead (found this one on the Discounted book shelves)

3.M.J.Davidson- Undead & Uneasy, Sleeping with the Fishes

bittenbybooks
January 28th, 2008, 11:47 PM
T13 you are going to love Sleeping with the Fishes!
I think these are even funnier than the queen betsy books.

Ti3
January 29th, 2008, 12:23 AM
T13 you are going to love Sleeping with the Fishes!
I think these are even funnier than the queen betsy books.

Thats cool...im stoked about reading 'em....thanks

DavidsGirl841444
January 29th, 2008, 12:12 PM
I got book 2 with sleeping with the fishes is that any good or should I read book 1 first.

Dani
January 29th, 2008, 03:44 PM
K...so I headed to Chapters to get my Undead & Uneasy....I neededddddddd to knowwwww what the samhill was gonna happen to ol'Sinclair. :tt2: I like hadddddd to know as in it was life or death or undead as it were:lol: It was a personal necessity that I read at the speed of light (((((LMAO))))) so I could find out too. haha....just finished book 6.....seriously I almost had a nervous breakdown from not knowing :tt2: what was gonna happen next. So....coughs**...now I know.....winks @ Dani....sighs...IM glad theres gonna be a book 7. I like M.J.'s sense of humor....I also picked up her Sleeping with the Fishes. Looking forward to starting that one soon. I must say my unsaitable appetite while reading sometimes surprises me lol...I finished that Undead & Uneasy today...and I just bought it this afternoon haha....like I said I haddddddd to know what was up with hunky Eric Sinclair & lil Mrs. Betsy....grins...

Here are some of the other Authors & books I just picked up :

1.Linsay Sands - The Accidental Vampire, Vampires Are Forever, Bite Me If You Can, A Bite To Remember

2.Richard Laymon - To Wake the Dead (found this one on the Discounted book shelves)

3.M.J.Davidson- Undead & Uneasy, Sleeping with the Fishes
Laugh it Up fuzball Ti3, you are so bad honey, but I like some of the selections in books that you've made. I've made some of the same. LOL! I got Lynsay Sands' Accidental Vampire (book 7) and A Quick Bite (I found out this is the first in the series after I bought the 7th book and I have to start in order...LOL). I've already read Sleeping With the Fishes and it's a riot. So is the second Fred book, Swimming Without a Net. It's awesome too!

I got book 2 with sleeping with the fishes is that any good or should I read book 1 first.
I'm not sure that I understand you correctly DG, but if you mean what I think (that you have Sleeping With the Fishes and Swimming Without A Net) you need to read book one (Sleeping With the Fishes) first, so that you'll understand things in book two.

DavidsGirl841444
January 29th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Ok thanks thats what I meant and have to start at thebeginning hate to start mid series.

CharmedGirl
January 29th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Yeah read book 1 Sleeping with the Fishes first so you understand the characters.

DavidsGirl841444
January 29th, 2008, 08:22 PM
So that was great thanks for all that.

CharmedGirl
January 29th, 2008, 11:28 PM
She's really cool Fred the mermaid. You'll get a laugh out of her for sure.

DavidsGirl841444
January 30th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Oh she like Betsy or soemthing?

bittenbybooks
January 30th, 2008, 01:18 PM
yes, start w/book one. She's even brassier than betsy. LOL
Her lines are SO funny. She's very unmermaid like.

CharmedGirl
January 30th, 2008, 09:47 PM
yes, start w/book one. She's even brassier than betsy. LOL
Her lines are SO funny. She's very unmermaid like.

Fred is very quirky and you'll get a kick out of some of her lines in the two books out so far. :turned:

Ti3
January 31st, 2008, 10:58 AM
Hehehehe I finished my Undead & Uneasy at such lightening speed I went ahead and started & quickly read then finished the New Fred Series - Sleeping Wish Fishes *book 1*....I laughed...it was cute. I didnt realize there was a second book...Have made a mental note to get it asap....hehe.... I like M.J's humor...she cracks me the hell up actually.....I wonder if her own personality spills into her characters lmao....some of the things they say just kill me lmao...

I also just finished The Accidental Vampire by Lynsay Sands....its a cute series thus far too. I dunno but lately Ive been reading at the speed of light lol...finished 3 books in 2 days...sheeesh eh??!!!

anyways...yal have a good one....hugs

Ti3

bittenbybooks
February 4th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Hehehehe I finished my Undead & Uneasy at such lightening speed I went ahead and started & quickly read then finished the New Fred Series - Sleeping Wish Fishes *book 1*....I laughed...it was cute. I didnt realize there was a second book...Have made a mental note to get it asap....hehe.... I like M.J's humor...she cracks me the hell up actually.....I wonder if her own personality spills into her characters lmao....some of the things they say just kill me lmao...

I also just finished The Accidental Vampire by Lynsay Sands....its a cute series thus far too. I dunno but lately Ive been reading at the speed of light lol...finished 3 books in 2 days...sheeesh eh??!!!

anyways...yal have a good one....hugs

Ti3

Yeah. I love the line she uses when she walks in on her parents having sex.

Going to gouge my eyes out with a gravy boat. LOL and wash her eyes out w/bleach. he he

Thanks for the mini review on The Accidental Vampire. I *think* I have that one or a few in the series. Maybe I will read that later this week.

Hey keep up your reading schedule like that and you will be giving ME a run for my reading money. he he

DavidsGirl841444
February 4th, 2008, 04:04 PM
She is going to beat us all.

Dani
March 5th, 2008, 10:53 PM
I just finished MaryJanice Davidson's new anthology called Dead Over Heels. It was great. There are three stories in the book are Undead and Wed (a Betsy short), Survivors (based in Fred the mermaid world) and Speed Dating, Werewolf Style Or, Ow, I Think You Broke the Bone (a Wyndham Werewolf story). They were all great novellas! There's a sneak peek at the new Betsy book Undead and Unworthy (the first 2 chapters) and it promises to be a great read! I'm so excited about it now.

Here's the book cover.
http://images.barnesandnoble.com/images/24890000/24895810.JPG (http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/imageviewer.asp?ean=9780425219416)

bittenbybooks
March 5th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Is it out at the bookstore? I didn't see it available yet on amazon just the other day. Thanks for the review, I can't wait to read it!

Dani
March 5th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Yep, I bought it yesterday! I had fun reading it. I just happened to look on a table with other books that looked interesting and there it was! :biggrin:

bittenbybooks
March 5th, 2008, 11:22 PM
cool ! I will look forward

CharmedGirl
March 6th, 2008, 01:45 AM
I want something new to read. I was thinking about Lilith Saintcrow's books but I need save some money to buy them. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
March 6th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Whoa what a find you just loked and there it was great luck you got.

sabby07
March 6th, 2008, 11:59 AM
I want something new to read. I was thinking about Lilith Saintcrow's books but I need save some money to buy them. LOL
I know the feeling and if I know that there are more then one I try to buy to series all at once. I have a bad habit of picking up a book because it sounds good, buying it and finding out its the third book in a series-grrr.

bittenbybooks
March 6th, 2008, 05:09 PM

I have a couple of them, but haven't organized yet to see which ones I still need. My friend really likes them.

hollie
March 6th, 2008, 05:32 PM
i havn't got any of them yet darn't ask for another series wait tilli've finished one of the ones i've got on thego at the moment

CharmedGirl
March 6th, 2008, 06:23 PM
I have a couple of them, but haven't organized yet to see which ones I still need. My friend really likes them.

They sound like really good books so I was going to get them.

I read The Devil Inside by Jenna Black recently and that was a really good book. I can't wait till the next one.

DavidsGirl841444
March 7th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Your all catching up to your list waaa....

Dani
March 8th, 2008, 01:50 AM
I know the feeling and if I know that there are more then one I try to buy to series all at once. I have a bad habit of picking up a book because it sounds good, buying it and finding out its the third book in a series-grrr.
I do the same thing Sabby! That's why I have a piece of paper with me to write down the names of the books i'm iffy about to see if they are first in a series, stand alone or what not.

hollie
March 8th, 2008, 07:08 AM
i've got a little book that i put titles in that you lot recomend (which is loads) but if i see anything when i'm out that looks good i'll write it down as well

DavidsGirl841444
March 8th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Yeah now that i got a way cool phone I can write it down cause sometimes i have nothing but lipstick to write sdown the names did that once got really messy but funny.

Daelith
March 8th, 2008, 10:34 AM

I've done that before too. Makes me nuts because I like to read series books in order. In fact the Kay Hooper book I just finished was the third in a series. I picked up the wrong book thinking it was the first. Since I was at work and didn't have another book with me, I started reading it anyway. It was either that or stare at the walls during my lunch hour.:wacko:

sabby07
March 8th, 2008, 11:50 AM
I did it last week I bought Raine by Elizabeth Amber for two reasons first there is a nekkid man on the cover :innocent: and second there is a quote from Coffee Time on the cover so it seemed like a win win to me.. But it is the second book and now I have to order the first grrr.

Dani
March 8th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Have you seen the cover for Nicholas, Sabby? Okay, I just had to post it!
http://www.elizabethamber.com/images/NICHOLAScvr.jpg
OMG, can we say YUM for both covers?Lusty Drool Smilie

sabby07
March 8th, 2008, 05:17 PM
OH YES!!! Very YUMMY!!!! Have you read them Dani? Can I get away with reading the second one first or should I wait until I have the first?

Dani
March 8th, 2008, 06:55 PM
I haven't read them to find out yet, but now that I have Raine in hand I'll be reading them both. I think you have to read Nicholas first because I believe that some of the characters that are introduced in it (like Raine and Lyon) go on to the next books, but I can't be sure. Lyon, the third book, is due out in October.

DavidsGirl841444
March 10th, 2008, 11:28 AM
So nicholas and raine afterwards got thanks.

sabby07
March 10th, 2008, 12:55 PM
I ordered Nicholas last night with Witch blood and a bunch of others-woo hoo!! so excited!

hollie
March 11th, 2008, 03:17 PM
i darnt order anything else yet i havn't got the last lot yet and i wasn't supposed to order any thing till next mth

bittenbybooks
March 11th, 2008, 03:28 PM
ooips ignore my post. lol

hollie
March 11th, 2008, 04:39 PM
ooips ignore my post. lol

??? which post Rach??

bittenbybooks
March 11th, 2008, 06:19 PM
he he what post? where? lol

DavidsGirl841444
March 12th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Good one!!

hollie
March 12th, 2008, 02:28 PM
erm i'm lost :dizzy:

DavidsGirl841444
March 12th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Believe me so was I i think that she isn't saying which post

bittenbybooks
March 12th, 2008, 04:11 PM
sorry, I just posted in the wrong place and came back to delete it. But can't delete so I said ignore my post. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
March 13th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Ok that makes sense now not confused.

hollie
March 13th, 2008, 01:08 PM
never mind DG i know how you feel

DavidsGirl841444
March 14th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Yeah two confused women out in the world

hollie
March 14th, 2008, 05:12 PM
oh i must be confused i just applied for a job that i'm not qualified for (yet) with a child i know nothing about (age sex disabilities)

CharmedGirl
March 15th, 2008, 02:11 AM
oh i must be confused i just applied for a job that i'm not qualified for (yet) with a child i know nothing about (age sex disabilities)

There is nothing confusing about that Hollie. You never know you might actually get the job.

hollie
March 15th, 2008, 10:09 AM
thats what scares me i have an advantage cos i don't know the head teacher but i was trained by her husband and she knows it

DavidsGirl841444
March 15th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Well its nevera bad thing having a little bit of an advantage.

Dani
July 12th, 2008, 10:27 PM
I just got finished reading Undead and Unworthy and OMG! I can't believe how the story turned out. You have to read it because I don't really want to give anything away for anyone. I will tell you this though. It's taken on a darker (but no less funny) twist. Our Betsy is getting tough. What I'm going to type next came from both the book as a note to the readers.

This book, book seven of the Undead series (book seven! Jesus!), is the beginning of a new story arc. You probably noticed a change in the cover design (if you're reading the American version, that is), among other things, and that is indicative of the new direction I'm taking the series in.

Just as the first six books in the series were their own story arc, so the next three will be an arc... think of this book as the first in a trilogy within a series.

My point being, if you get to the end, you needn't fear... there's more to come. Unless you're not a Betsy fan, in which case... be afraid. Be very afraid.
This means that we have two more Betsy books left and then we'll have to see what happens next. Oh, I also want to warn you that there is a sad part or two in the book, so be ready for it.

Also, she said in an interview with Romantic Times Book Reviews magazine that her UK publisher hired the cover artist that did her first six covers to keep creating the covers for the books over there. That means if we want to keep the series looking the same, we'll have to order her books from the UK.

Dani
August 11th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Here's the cover for the third book about our favorite mermaid. I love it! :wub:

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa136/dani274/Book%20Covers/FOoWMJD-1.jpg

hollie
August 12th, 2008, 08:06 AM
oh thats pretty

I've just read Dead Girls Don't Dance in the Cravings anthology which was really good but it's the only thing of hers i've read of hers

bittenbybooks
August 12th, 2008, 02:06 PM
cannot WAIT for this to come out. Though I heard that this is the last story or potentially the last in the series. :(

Dani
August 12th, 2008, 08:25 PM
I've heard the same thing Rach. I would like to think that she'll write more, but it was only supposed to be a trilogy.

bittenbybooks
August 13th, 2008, 01:56 PM
I would LOVE for Fred and Betsy to team up! Maybe in an anthology. Could you imagine? LOL

CharmedGirl
August 14th, 2008, 07:21 PM
I would LOVE for Fred and Betsy to team up! Maybe in an anthology. Could you imagine? LOL

Betsy and Fred teaming up. That would be pretty funny!

bittenbybooks
August 15th, 2008, 01:36 AM
I just got done reading Undead and Unworthy. It was really good, and surprising. Should be interesting to see where she goes next w/the series.

bittenbybooks
August 15th, 2008, 01:37 AM
Fred and Betsy would kick ass and rule the world. lol

Dani
August 15th, 2008, 09:20 PM
OMG! That would so rock. It would also be funny as all get out to see what kind of trouble they would get into.

I just got done reading Undead and Unworthy. It was really good, and surprising. Should be interesting to see where she goes next w/the series.
I know. Did you see what I had written about it? I really don't want Betsy to end, but I know that she's going to have to some time. Maybe her publisher will extend the contract for more books and Betsy will stay around for a while. We'll have to see what happens.

Dani
August 15th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Also, she said in an interview with Romantic Times Book Reviews magazine that her UK publisher hired the cover artist that did her first six covers to keep creating the covers for the books over there. That means if we want to keep the series looking the same, we'll have to order her books from the UK.

I Found out that the UK covers don't really match the US covers at all. They are cartoonish like ours are, but in a different way, so we over here won't have the same covers either way you look at it. I just thought I'd throw that out there since I said that about the covers looking the same. LOL!

ashes23
August 16th, 2008, 01:21 AM
I've only read the first one. Really enjoyed it, just haven't gotten around to reading the rest yet. I have so many series's going on, that I'm losing it. LOL