PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to say hello

heatherjolie
August 28th, 2007, 03:42 PM
I'm new to all this, but wanted to introduce myself.
My name is Heather.
I'm looking for some friends to chat with about the different romance novels out there.

I have lots of questions...Look forward to chatting with you all.

Karenne
August 28th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Hi Heather!

Well you have come to the right place! there are lots of us here and all of us have an opinion on books :wub:

Welcome to our forum family!

Anna Fallon
August 29th, 2007, 07:35 PM
LOL, ohhh nooooooo you won't find anyone even remotely friendly on here.

Good for you and we look forward to chatting with you
Anna

heatherjolie
August 30th, 2007, 08:29 AM
LOL, ohhh nooooooo you won't find anyone even remotely friendly on here.

Good for you and we look forward to chatting with you
Anna

I have tossed around the thought several times about writing...I have some ideas, even started a "crime story" once, but it seems so overwhelming!

That's awesome that you write!!
I'll have to ck out ur sites.

Heatherjolie

Anna Fallon
August 30th, 2007, 08:37 AM
Hi Heather
good for for having a try. Writing can be a learning curve but it is worth it to ease the need to be creative burn.

I have a spot here on the forum you can visit.
http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=278

but you'll find lots of us if you scroll down
*wink*
Anna

heatherjolie
August 30th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the link...I'm still getting used to all this.

I would like to try again or keep going with the contemporary/crime story but I think that I need some basics on the novel writing first...anywhere that I can find that??

I dont read a whole lot of the crime stories but it was a true incident that I personally handled in my career as a police detective...it was soooo overthe top I thought "I just have to write this down!"

Anyway, maybe I'll pick it back up...but I'm really a sucker for the historicals.

Beach Bum Wanna Be
August 30th, 2007, 09:55 AM
:welcome: heatherjolie! You're gonna love this place. We look forward to seeing your posts, and hope you have a great time on this site!

:yes:

Anna Fallon
August 30th, 2007, 10:22 AM
http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=67

There you go Heather, that link will put you in the part with the writing help. Ask me questions anytime in my part and I'll help out.

Talk soon
Anna

AngelaSteed
August 30th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Hi Heather.

A crime story from an actual detective would be very interesting to read! I wish you luck in getting started on writing it!

It is overwhelming when you first start out, but just keep writing. And along comes the "practice makes perfect" speech. Of course, I'm still in practice mode. Although my first book comes out on November 1st, my perfect story is still in the works. I'll probably have it done when pigeons are added to the extinction page of Muse magazine. ;)

heatherjolie
August 30th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Yes...an actual detective...BTW, if anyone needs any "technical support" so to speak on crime scenes etc. By all means feel to ask, I would love to help out...

AngelaSteed
August 31st, 2007, 09:13 AM
My dad was a Sergeant in the police department where I grew up. I got out of a lot of trouble because of him--speeding, parties that were busted, running through the school parking lot naked...yeah...those were the good old days. :whistling:

Dani
August 31st, 2007, 11:56 PM
:welcome: to CTR from another Floridian, Heather!

Hope you have a great time here and we look forward to seeing you post more often in the different forums. :biggrin: